Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

I still prefer the endgame is Sunny-Woobin because the two should have happy ending lol. Well, I wanna see love triangle Sojin-Woobin-Sunny. Sojin is as crazy as her brother. I wanna see Sunny and Sojin fight over Woobin. It will be fun to watch. Cat fight is more interesting. But of course we need to figure out all mystery because get to much on love story. 

The mummy at 1st episode seems like late empress. And if not ED, perhaps the nanny did that. 

As for Hyuk, I don't see him change in this stage. On latest episode we saw how he push Sunny to be with him and saying he won't divorce her till they died no matter what. It's not love but obsession. 

• Like 9

I’m actually glad that they are taking an episode break. Looks like filming is done only a week and a half before it airs. That’s crazy! It makes the story/script more flexible but that’s really hard on the production crew and staff 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

am more curious about what drives her -- she already has power and money. is it just plain greed? plain evilness?

i dunno why but i feel like there is something more to ED that is not shown yet.. i think she has bigger motives than power and money.. she basically did everything nasty to everyone, even to her own sons.. it’s not like she can be the next in line for the throne.. i thnk the answer lies in that island..

arghh the anticipation is  killing me 

p/s mom totally abandoned this drama after the birth of her first grandchild..  :joy:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Seo Kang Hee untouchable / unpredictable by Sunny - Woo Bin. PM more untouchable. Yoon please don't tell anything to PM. When they find out? The relationship between Kang Hee - PM. 

Nothing solve till this eps 32. Just reveal the true colour inside the palace. Mistery of GED or Queen SH and now how Chief Jo still alive?

Hel Ro , does she know Lee Yoon is the Emperor's little brother, next heir of Empire? How if she find out. Lee Yoon hide his true identity till right now. 

Min Yu Ra what will she do if she find out about Kang Ju Sung?

• Like 5

Could it be the island is for human traficking? That’s where she gets all her milk for the baths and maybe also the ‘awful smell flowers’ is a plant from the island.p so it also has some kind of vegetation for a unique flower. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, philosophie said:

Could it be the island is for human traficking? That’s where she gets all her milk for the baths and maybe also the ‘awful smell flowers’ is a plant from the island.p so it also has some kind of vegetation for a unique flower. 

Is that Devil Thrumpet / Angel Thrumpet? This plant known poisonous plant with large trumpet-shaped flowers. This plant also useful as an anesthetizing. In US this is one of FDA poisonus plant list. 

How if ED produce some cookies that added by this ingredient, not banned yet (just include to poisonus plant) but the effect make relaxation of your muscle if consuming the fruit or smell the leaf. It also can make you fell fly just under the flower in the night. Is this flower planting in that garden? All parts are highly toxic if ingested, in fact just smelling the flowers make you dizzy. Both Datura and Brugmansia are known as Angel’s Trumpet. It is known to result in paralysis, hallucinations and even death.

Suspicious , did the Emperor aka Lee Hyuk also consuming that? Cz his reaction (hallucination in last episode about Wang Shik a bit weird). He might be addicted with this plant because his habit also consuming alcohol. But it also can make someone calm * ED make Hyuk calm use this poisonus plant combining to alcohol? He is never heavily drunk (playing King-game with MYR). He is strong because this plant also containt scapolamint. 

Brugmansia sp. and or Datura sp.

http://www.livingnaturally.com/ns/DisplayMonograph.asp?StoreID=3D9D155236034A5897378F7C5A033221&DocID=bottomline-angelstrumpet

http://www.thepoisongarden.co.uk/atoz/brugmansia_suaveolens.htm

• Like 6

TLE bring me back to Soompi Forums:blush:

Hi guys. I don't know about others but i really like LH and hoping for his last hapiness with OS. To be honest, from the start (read the synopsis), i  know OH will find her true love with WB. And i never had intention to see any different plot when i decided to watch this drama. But the problem is...SSR carried his character as LH very very very well. Yes, he was a bad guy but he become like that because of people around him. i don't think he murdered his wife, his granny or Wang Sik's mother. He being used by his mother and also Min Yu Ra. And he not even once tried to kill his OS. Its was plan by the devil mom or Min Yu Ra. He just a puppet for them...pitty him. Poor king, he thought he did it.

I hope the truth will be revealed soon so everybody and LH himself know who is actually behind this. It was so unfair if he being hated by his own blood brother, wife or his "best buddy" WB for the thing that he had never done. OS's mother died...and the blame pointed to him..gosh...

For the final, i vote for OS- LH. And for WB, i think he suitable with LH's sister, So Jin.  He always smile when he with SJ. I hope they end up together but of course, with the real Na Wang Sik ( Tea Hang Ho).  .

Oh, i think "The Last Empress" refered to the queen's ambition. She want to have full power and be the one and only empress in Korea.

Btw, this just my personal opinion. Sorry if u don't like it. :innocent:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, MiNah said:

TLE bring me back to Soompi Forums:blush:

Hi guys. I don't know about others but i really like LH and hoping for his last hapiness with OS. To be honest, from the start (read the synopsis), i  know OH will find her true love with WB. And i never had intention to see any different plot when i decided to watch this drama. But the problem is...SSR carried his character as LH very very very well. Yes, he was a bad guy but he become like that because of people around him. i don't think he murdered his wife, his granny or Wang Sik's mother. He being used by his mother and also Min Yu Ra. And he not even once tried to kill his OS. Its was plan by the devil mom or Min Yu Ra. He just a puppet for them...pitty him. Poor king, he thought he did it.

Sorry to cut your post and welcome back.

But...I have to disagree with you. The drama revealed that LH tried to kill Sunny at least two times.

1. The crane malfunction incident on the day of their wedding. He was the one who ordered his personal guard to tamper the crane, and he tried to put the blame on his mother (and his mother thought Yura did it). He saw Sunny was about to plunge to her death but he did not ordered anyone to save her.

2. He ordered her disposal and WB "carried it out" by pushing her off the top of the waterfall. LH was happy to hear that WB got rid of her and was livid when Sunny came back with minimal damage. 

So...he's not innocent. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

JNR's official fan club sent another a support truck & JNR wrote a thank-you note which got translated

Spoiler

• Like 8

There's no excuse for some of the things LH's done. He still committed a hit and run. He still choked his ex-wife and left her in that lake. He still tried to have Sunny killed at their wedding. It doesn't matter what made him do the things he did. Why would I want Sunny to stay in a toxic relationship? As badly as some people want Sunny to end up with LH, he's still gonna get his punishment at the end of this drama whether it's being locked up in a mental hospital or being in jail for a few years. What I love about this writer is that none of her villains go unpunished. I still can't believe some people think Sunny and LH can be together. They had their moment in the first half of this drama. Now Sunny and WB are having their moment in the second half.

You're too late LH, she's moved on. Why on earth would she betray WB to be with you? We know you're gonna lose it even more when you find out she's in love with the man you wanna kill.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

TLE romcom version lol!

I would totally watch SSR in a romcom. He needs a lead role asap!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Wow, this drama is so unpredictable!  Thank you all whom are participating in this forum, for keeping me posted when I don’t have time to sit and watch.  I love reading all your thoughts, speculations and predictions!  Always fun to hang out with like minded people!

Who else besides me thinks Jang Na-ra is a vampire?  Haha I mean that in a good way, my son refers to people who just don’t age as vampires.....and she definitely is one of them!!  She always looks the same, so young and beautiful!  

Someone mentioned earlier on this forum about a role that SSR played in which he was a good guy...it was “Trot Lovers” which featured Jung Eun-Ji and Ji Hyun-woo!  If any of you like him, you should check it out.....he was really a nice guy in that one.  Sort of played a “White Knight” role, in fact!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

There's no excuse for some of the things LH's done.....

I still can't believe some people think Sunny and LH can be together. They had their moment in the first half of this drama. Now Sunny and WB are having their moment in the second half.

You're too late LH, she's moved on. Why on earth would she betray WB to be with you? We know you're gonna lose it even more when you find out she's in love with the man you wanna kill.

totally agree with you... i cannot understand why people would want Sunny to forgive & love LH again..

i think if Sunny and LH were to end up together in the end, i may throw something at the television screen. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

@0timelost , yeah..u're rite.  There was a time he tried to kill Sunny. Well..he is a bad guy but i i dont know. I cant hate him. Ottoke :crazy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi all...I want to share my 2 cents for fun

1. Since the regulation that woman can rule the country has been approved, I find it will be more hilarious if Princess Sojin is the one who acends the throne in the end. Yoon will be likely not interested for the position. As for Ari, the writer can make excuse that the princess is under age so before Ari reaches certain age, SoJin will be the one replaces her. If not, the writer can also make a twist that LH is not Ari's biological father by revealing that the DNA test has been manipulated by the Nanny. 

However, the title is last empress. Like all of u said, it gives strong conclusion that the monarchy system will be over after this. Except the meaning is a twist, it's actually "the last Empress for LH" :P

Does "empress" and "queen" have the same meaning? It seems they usually use "Queen" term for the woman who rules the country and empress is used for indicating the Emperor's wife. What I mean is..If they are different, it also makes sense that the last empress is SN since the next throne is a Queen, therefore there's no Empress.

2. Just for joke, maybe the island is used to bury all the men that has given "service" to ED. She will not want these men to open their mouth someday or give her threat for money :lol:

3. I enjoy the love triangle plot but only to that extend. it's good that the writer made the LH character is more loveable but hopefully it's just for purpose that later LH deserves lighter punishment, not to the extend that LH deserves the female lead :rolleyes:. Probably.. the special episode next week to remind netizen what crime LH has done so far :sweatingbullets:

4. I worry about WB statement that He would protect SN even if it needed to sacrifice his life.

• Like 6

Ha. I’ll give my opinion on the love triangle. Personally, I’m not really interested in the relationship between Na Wang Shik and Sunny. I don’t know. I find it rather bland and (dare I say) forced. I would like if they could maintain a close bond and support each other in their quest to overcome the royal family but, love-wise, I do not see the chemistry (which is so unfortunate since I love Choi Jin Hyuk and Jang Na Ra). I actually find the emperor far more interesting and the best character in the drama by far. Shin Sung Rok and the writers definitely helped with this opinion due to all his cute and hilarious moments. And all the scenes between Lee Hyuk and Sunny are always my favorites in each episode. Unfortunately, the emperor has done too much to be simply forgiven, and all his horrible actions and crimes cannot be ignored (though the writers are prob kicking themselves since he has become the most popular character XD). So, I’m just going to forget the ships in this drama and focus on the mystery. Like what is happening on that dang island?! (I was also thinking that there was some kind of mass-production of drugs on the island but I honestly want something worse than that. I mean, so many people died for this secret!)

Oh, and this is the video that I mentioned earlier -- the one that was edited like SBS did it themselves. Thank god for fans and their editing skills! I'm gonna try and find a cute one for CWB x Sunny. Stay tuned :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

TLE romcom version lol!

This is the best FMV of LH and Sunny!!.... Okay, I'm just going to ship them in this alternate TLE rom-com universe :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, illay said:

1. Since the regulation that woman can rule the country has been approved, I find it will be more hilarious if Princess Sojin is the one who acends the throne in the end. Yoon will be likely not interested for the position. As for Ari, the writer can make excuse that the princess is under age so before Ari reaches certain age, SoJin will be the one replaces her. If not, the writer can also make a twist that LH is not Ari's biological father by revealing that the DNA test has been manipulated by the Nanny. 

Problem is, the only way Sojin can be the Queen is if LH as the Emperor does not have any descendant. She is not next in line. At this point, the next in line is Yoon, thus the title Crown Prince. Unless it can be proven that Ari is not LH's bio daughter, and Yoon gave up or denounced of his title, Sojin cannot take the throne. Even with the excuse that Ari is not of age yet, the person to take her place until she is of age will be her mother... could be Sunny, or the Nanny, if she managed to get herself acknowledged. Which I think is the reason why she wants the title of Crown Princess to be given to Ari by the ED. She asked her to denounced Yoon's title of Crown Prince.

That's what I understand from watching sageuks... CMIIW

What I really don't understand is why would the Nanny be so adamant in getting Ari to be able to take the throne when she isn't even anywhere near Ari's good books... Like when Ari took the throne, would she be able to benefit from it? I kinda think I know what she's trying to do slowly... Get the new rule passed (checked), get the title Crown Princess for Ari, then get rid of LH so Ari can become the ruler... I'm pretty sure that's the plan she has in mind.

• Like 5