Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Less than Evil/ Bad Detective 나쁜 형사

On 12/4/2018 at 4:29 AM, jongski said:

Brilliant action thriller drama. My favorite genre. I forgot this was MBC not OCN but.....Watching episode 1 now.  I'm excited. So good to see SHK back. Plus I'm looking forward to watching the female lead. Here we go. Thoughts when I'm done.

Hi @jongski I had also forgot that this is and MBC drama and not OCN.. MBC do have some good dramas but the ending seems to bomb out while OCN always gives us a satisfying ending.. So far I've enjoyed these episodes so far and looking forward to seeing the ending. 

• Like 4

@akiera you sent Mateo!

I like! :wub:

23 minutes ago, Yenung Joa said:

And here I thought I was the only one and started to think myself as a Psychopathic as well:naughty:

Lol... psychopathic we are not. 

There will be more who can feeeeel it too! B)

Btw, did you write the recap?

I like it! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Finished episode 2, and @mrsj3n, the crazy cop doesn't really buy me as I have watched other dramas with crazy cop too, but rating 19 and psychopath right from the first episode does entice me.. hahahaha! 

Emmm.. I had never watch Luther, so, I don't have preconception on how would this drama progress and what twist each character will bring about (or what are the differences from the original series).

But, I have this thought after episode 2's ending: Is Eun Seon Jae the presumed dead Bae Yeo Wool? Or is she not? 

If she is, I am having this fiction written in my head that the one who actually murdered the school girl Kwon Soo Ah was Bae Yeo Wool, not the prosecutor.   She might have murdered her own mom too and ran away (the prosecutor said BYW ran away), adopted by new family, changed her name, went to Stanford University and all. Probably has been stalking WTS since she back to SK by working as a reporter, to check whether WTS managed to catch that prosecutor or not. When he does, she feels the thrill to challenge WTS and murdered her adopted family to get WTS's attention, with her sense of arrogance that: "I am the one who murdered them, and I am also the real one in the past, catch me if you can. I am the genius, it's a perfect crime". But WTS probably can't catch her. Kwon Soo Ah probably her first murder when her murderous instinct awakening, for she had already had psychopath's mind. 

The reason for my fiction is that, the prosecutor's way of killing is different than how the school girl and BYW's mother was killed. In episode 2, the prosecutor seems to enjoy torturing his victim slowly but conceal his act. He is a cowardice psychopath. But, for the school girl case and the BYW's mother, and even the current case of ESJ's parents, they were killed by sharps and the murderer likes to display openly the crime scene, as if challenging the detective to find the flaw of the perfectly executed murder. This murderer is an arrogance psychopath. So, I was suspecting BYW is the murderer and she is the current ESJ. Among the hints given in episode 1 were: 1) the murdered Kwon Soo Ah was supposed to meet her friend after school (probably meeting BYW? Maybe KSA bullied BYW at school, and KSA ticked off the wrong person who apparently a psychopath and awakened BYW's murderous instinct); 2) the knife found in BYW's bag -- however I think about it, there's no reason for her to hide the murder weapon in her bag if she's not the murderer.  Why would you took the murder weapon and ran away with it if you just witnessed the murder?

Prosecutor Jung probably witnessed her murder, but leave her alone because they both are from the same "species" (or probably Yeo Wool also witnessed his act murdering someone else), hence she tried to divert the blame to the prosecutor. Meanwhile, Park Ho San's character may hold the secrets of burying the fact that both of them as the murderer. Probably due to a deal between them or he was threatened in exchange for something. The other missing bodies might be his doing too to conceal the case. 

:

:

:

Okay, I am done writing my fiction. 

Now somebody who have watched Luther, please tell me I am totally wrong; that ESJ is just a new character, and she's not BYW :joy:

I know we will find out who ESJ is in the next episode or next few episodes. But, that's the fun of having a drama discussion thread --- throwing opinions, ideas and theories and discuss about it... until the next episode debunks it all. Hahahaha :rolleyes::phew:

• Like 3

@ellelyana88 oooh respect. I haven't yet finished the eps but your theory seems to be really clever if executed well. 

There was a sentence like I can kill 100 people for you (psychopath lady to det.Woo) in the teaser. I thought they were going to have some kind of partnership while also involving a cat and mouse game between them. I only saw her at that press conference scene but she really seems arrogant, confident and charming at the same time. Like somebody, we all know *cough* *cough* You know who:wub:.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, akiera said:

I thought they were going to have some kind of partnership while also involving a cat and mouse game between them.

I've read Luther's synopsis, and yes, apparently ESJ become his companion to catch other murderers. Well, it's quite a brilliant idea to have a psychopath reading other psychopath's mind (uhh.. this seems emulating Voice 2), just like corporate / government hiring hackers / fraudsters to deal with other hackers or to increase security features. Like the infamous Frank Abagnale.

However, it's dangerous as well at the same time especially they're dealing with a psychopath.  So, to counter such hazard, I think WTS will make use of ESJ's arrogance as genius psychopath to make her feels the urge to solve the case and not losing to the other "petty" psychopaths. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

@ellelyana88  ahhhhhh... now I know what to entice you with next time! :lol:

Back to seriousness, actually I think that ESJ is playing with WTS's mind.

I mean that girl has an interest in WTS since episode 1 so it will not be surprising that she had gotten someone to hack into his profile and read through everything about him and hence she knows everything about him. 

Psychopath usually are stalker as well since their brain runs differently from any normal being and like a predator who has their eyes on their prey.

The most important question here is, do you guys think she really kill her foster parents or she's not the killer BUT playing with the mind of WTS? I'm going with the latter.

I've only watch Luther episode 1. So can't comment much about the psychopath in Luther.

However I'm liking the Korean version since I like drama with strong background/ back story. 

And that pulled me right in!

• Like 2

finally watched the episodes. totally loved it.  

detective woo is almost like Luther. Nobody can beat idris elba but shin ha kyun comes pretty close. 

There are couple twist which aren't in the original Luther but this is remake so that doesn't really bother me. 

ESJ and WTS  are good at playing cat and mouse.  

In the original Luther alice was only Alice. She didn't have another name. At least that i Remember it.  So If ESJ is also BYW that is new. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

The most important question here is, do you guys think she really kill her foster parents or she's not the killer BUT playing with the mind of WTS? I'm going with the latter.

From episode 2, I agreed with WTS that she is indeed the killer of her parents (not sure if that's her real parents or foster parents). 

To her, it's not important WTS know she is the real killer, but she want to challenge WTS to uncover HOW she did it. 

Compared to the past WTS, the current WTS is more perceptive and no doubt more experienced in dealing with criminal's psychology. In the past, WTS just believed blindly what BYW's said with her scared voice/intonation. But, IMO, if he were to do the same with what he did with the monitor in the interrogation room, try muting BYW's voice and just flashback read only her expressions, he might come to different perception in the past (this is if the theory that BYW was the real murderer is true). 

If ESJ is BYW, she might want to have a taste to duel with the current refined WTS, 'cause it's more fun dueling with someone whom you perceived at the same level as you are. But, if she is just ESJ, she might be intrigued by the way WTS does his job ruthlessly to uncover the crime and craftiness in catching the criminal. So, she thinks WTS is a worthy opponent who can satisfy her sense of arrogance and superiority in committing perfect crime. 

Haha. Just my random thought. :lol:

• Like 2

There no doubt that ESJ killed her parents or foster parents.

I think the real question is that is she also BYW. The intrigued part was that WTS believed in the past BYW. I mean she could also killed the girl. WTS was first supicious about BYW but after he believed her. 

• Like 2

@mrsj3n

I am Park Il Do holding the power of Less Than Evil. I spread this power to you and it starts to gain control of you, hence forth the gifs and extreme emotions. 

Afterwards i share my hands to @ellelyana88, @akiera, @Dramanoona.

The power of Less Than Evil is starting to gain control of them, i see the day when we will invite even more people to this army to pray the gods of this drama.

Hey, @joccu came to me to join this army too. How lucky am i to have someone that is willing to join us 

giphy.gif

Ps.Am not thinking straight.

This drama is my cup of tea and i really like it cause it's dark.

LIKE PARK IL DOOOOOOOOOOO! *Screams instead of stabbing my eyes* 

All the characters are dark, they don't have a saying goes Protagonist should always be clean which is a good thing :)  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Done with episode 2. My first thought seeing the first scenes. JHM ain't dead, huh? After falling and hitting his head blood oozing, he's brain dead and in coma and will never wake up. But this is only episode 2. So what the chances.....

Anyway m not gonna lie,  I enjoyed the intensity the tension between TS and ESJ.  Lee Seol is 25 in real life but her character  is 31 yrs old journalist. As always I'm impressed with Shin Ha Kyun but Lee Seol is  okay. First time watching her. 

TS is smart bad as*  cop.  He knows it. he's aware of it.  13 years ago he failed to to catch the killer, JHM and when he got the chance,  it's over, he left his letter of resignation.. and the reason being "bad cop". Yes, that's how he really did it. But leadership wanted to gloat wanted to be recognized that  the police force does not favor anybody  even prosecutor so  they gave an award to TS made him leader of new unit SNS ( serious and serial crimes.. yeah don't ask me, that's what it means. heh). To which the lawyer wife is not pleased. I now understand the wife ( just nano second) better  when she said  had a miscarriages before. But t she admittedly got jealous (seriously??) over the victims that TS because of them sh  said she nearly lost TS and often she's worried about him ( but seriously, jealous of the victims???). I'm not fond of her.  But it's better if they get a divorce.

ESJ is BYW.   But did she kill her?  Lets go back to eEp1.  The autopsy showed the stab wound were shallow and light. Remember when TW  found the knife on her backpack and said, the killer doesn't have to be man and repeated this to  young BYW and she kept denying it scared and crying as she was being dragged by TS to the police station, she said she can't go or she will be killed - referring to JHM. She told him if that person found that she told him, he will kill her.  For Ep 2  during the flashback JHM was brought to the police station, BYW saw hin, he gave a wicked smile at her, she was genuinely scared then said to  TS why are you doing this to me.. when did I say I was going to be a witness.  Do I think she killed Kwon Sool Ah? Was she forced do it?   I gotta see next week's Ep, I'll have theory then .

. ESJ was adopted by the family who was murdered. Did she kill them?  Again next week's episode will  give an indication.  Remember ESJ is friends with an IT hacker. And she's smart.  She cried when she reported her parents were murdered but it was dull. TS was right when he observed she wasn't even feeling the loss. But she was sincerely terrified seeing JHM at the police station. There is always a back story for every murdered action. Why they kill?  What happened that made them become sociopath. A psychopath.

I've never seen the original BBC Luther so watching this without any idea to the whole series and story plot. So I could be wrong. If you asked me. I don't want ESJ to be the killer. I hope not

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sushilicious said:

@mrsj3n

I am Park Il Do holding the power of Less Than Evil. I spread this power to you and it starts to gain control of you, hence forth the gifs and extreme emotions. 

Afterwards i share my hands to @ellelyana88, @akiera, @Dramanoona.

The power of Less Than Evil is starting to gain control of them, i see the day when we will invite even more people to this army to pray the gods of this drama.

Hey, @joccu came to me to join this army too. How lucky am i to have someone that is willing to join us 

Ps.Am not thinking straight.

This drama is my cup of tea and i really like it cause it's dark.

LIKE PARK IL DOOOOOOOOOOO! *Screams instead of stabbing my eyes* 

All the characters are dark, they don't have a saying goes Protagonist should always be clean which is a good thing :)  

omo, Whatever has possessed @mrsj3n is sure infectious. Now even @sushilicious is under the influence. Maybe because I haven't yet finished the drama that I am feeling alright.  Let Mateo help you all with your eyes intact. :ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • LOL 1

This is good. Really good.

I watched this for Shin Ha-Kyun who I loved in Pied Piper (an underrated gem). The first 4 1/2-hour episodes do not disappoint.

A lot of dramas have been disappointing me lately - having elements of being good/great, but never fulfilling its potential. We all know what that feels like.

Since Bae Yeo-Wool's dead body was found, Eun Sun-Jae is probably not her.

Oooooh, I love it so far. Can't wait until next week.

Viki has them up today. No subs yet.

https://www.viki.com/videos/1140652v-less-than-evil

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

Since Bae Yeo-Wool's dead body was found, Eun Sun-Jae is probably not her.

Oh? Really? Did I missed the part they found BYW's dead body? Can you tell me they found her body in episode 1 or episode 2? I must have missed it cause I watch the episodes while eating :D

in the episode 2 there was a scene with ESJ and WTS wife. I find that scene very telling.  

I'm actually going to be dissapointed if ESJ is going to be  innocent bc I find her character very intrigued. 

I'm have watched the original series. but is been awhile. the last season ended 3 years ago. the season 5 is going to start new year. Totally waiting that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

Oh? Really? Did I missed the part they found BYW's dead body? Can you tell me they found her body in episode 1 or episode 2? I must have missed it cause I watch the episodes while eating :D

What????

Did I missed it too???

My eyes were glued to the screen reading the d*mn subtitles! :lol:

@sushilicious you are infected now.. LOL

@akiera The resistance is futile but I accept Mateo anytime :lol:

But I think you need Mateo more. To bless your connection so that you can watch finish the first few episodes. :D

@joccu noooooooo.... I like this innocent psychopath who is just toying with WTS's mind! (Still thinking if I want to watch the original version)

• LOL 2

@akiera I shall see that Shin Ha Kyun will become more evil then ever after the end of this drama. @mrsj3n i have been infected long befote you. I am just like Park Il Do. Hiding in the ocean waiting for one person to get infected as i do.

giphy.gif

• LOL 2

4 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

What????

Did I missed it too???

My eyes were glued to the screen reading the d*mn subtitles! :lol:

Yeah, I thought so too: did I missed the part? Because I watched intently at the screen (Yeah, who eat their meal for 2 straight hours huh, that's like doing a slow-mo effect :lol:). I didn't see the scene BYW's body has been found. There were 5 bodies have been found, 7 still missing if I remember it right :hushed:

• LOL 1

Guys, 

Not related to the thread but how do you add the gifs? I am using my laptop and maybe that's why I am not seeing any option for that. We cannot even upload anything by ourselves only adding the link.:sweatingbullets:

31 minutes ago, akiera said:

Guys, 

Not related to the thread but how do you add the gifs? I am using my laptop and maybe that's why I am not seeing any option for that. We cannot even upload anything by ourselves only adding the link.:sweatingbullets:

Oh you can go to gif website copy the gif link you wanted and paste it here.

Or

you make your own gif and upload it to the website and paste it here once you have the link.

• Like 1