Quantcast
Jump to content
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Less than Evil/ Bad Detective 나쁜 형사

Recommended Posts

“Less Than Evil” Continues To Top Monday-Tuesday Ratings As “My Strange Hero” Enjoys A Rise

 
by J. Lim
bb2ed57ccfcb49a6915be1e746946e7e.jpeg?s=

MBC’s “Less Than Evil” is holding on to its top spot in Monday-Tuesday drama viewership ratings!

According to data released by Nielsen Korea on December 12, the latest episode of “Less Than Evil” that aired on December 12 enjoyed nationwide average ratings of 7.3 percent and 8.7 percent for its two parts. Though this is a slight dip from the previous episode’s ratings, the drama has managed to keep hold of its top spot in its time slot.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1277033wpp/less-evil-continues-top-monday-tuesday-ratings-strange-hero-enjoys-rise
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After episode 4:

 

I hate Jeon Chun Man. :rage:

I hope I can see him brutally murdered in future episode.

 

 

Period.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

After episode 4:

 

I hate Jeon Chun Man. :rage:

I hope I can see him brutally murdered in future episode.

 

 

Period.

 

 

 

Yes! Let that emotion go through...so that you can be crazy like @mrsj3nand I. Welcome to the club hahaha. Have not watch it yet, will probably do that tomorrow. Then I will give my comment about it :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

December 12, 2018

 

Can 'Less Than Evil' throw MBC a much-needed lifeline?

By Woo Jae-yeon

 

SEOUL, Dec. 12 (Yonhap) -- MBC's crime thriller "Less Than Evil," the Korean adaptation of the British television series "Luther," rose to top on the weekly TV chart, data showed Wednesday.

 

The new TV series, which aired its first episode on Dec. 3, garnered a Content Power Index (CPI) score of 270.0 for the week of Dec. 3-9, narrowly defeating tvN's romance "Encounter," the chart-topper from the previous week.

 

MBC's new 32-part series is the story of an unlikely investigative collaboration between Woo Tae-suk, a hot-tempered, unscrupulous detective played by Shin Ha-kyun, and Eun Sun-jae, a female psychopathic murderer played by Lee Seol.

 

In terms of viewership, the series performed well, with the numbers moving in the range of 7-10 percent, largely thanks to Shin's solid performance, its fast, dynamic storyline and vivid action scenes.

 

A poster of "Less Than Evil" in this image provided by MBC (Yonhap)

A poster of "Less Than Evil" in this image provided by MBC (Yonhap)

 

The better-than-expected performance is a welcome breakthrough for the terrestrial network that suffered embarrassingly low ratings for its Monday-Tuesday dramas.

 

"Bad Papa," the predecessor to "Less Than Evil," finished up with a rating of 3.9 percent on Nov. 27. "Risky Romance," which aired prior to "Bad Papa," performed even worse.

 

Meanwhile, the second-runner "Encounter" continues its grip on TV viewers as the blooming, tantalizing romance between a female hotel CEO (Song Hye-kyo) and an ordinary younger employee (Park Bo-gum) started to unfold. The latest episode, aired on Thursday, recorded 9.3 percent in viewership rating.

 

The CPI, created by CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, measures the level of popularity, social media presence and influence on consumer behavior of entertainment TV programs aired on the three major terrestrial networks -- MBC, SBS and KBS -- and the seven cable channels owned by CJ ENM, including tvN, Mnet and OCN, during prime time. JTBC, another cable network that airs some highly popular entertainment shows and dramas, is not included in the measurement.

 

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This weeks episodes upped the game. totally loving this. 

 Jang Hyungmin is out. Who is he going to kill next? This is different from the original and I totally love it. Because we never saw in the original how hyungmin(in the original he was named Henry) was killing people. I mean that is horrifying but we never saw that. Only saw how he captured and ended up in the hospital. 

 

Other things are also different but the general plot is the same. And I think that is the reason why I really like this drama.

 

Next weeks eposodes are promising. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have watched Ep 4!    Yes, arrrrrgggggghhhhhh.......... it made my blood boil so badly...the 3 persons are JCM, ESJ who resurrected JHM...and JHM!! 

Their names are spelt as E.V.I.L...(Extremely Vicious In Life)  :w00t:     

In the order of evil...I think Evil JHM is brutal, Evil JCM is corrupted.....  Evil ESJ borders between craziness and vicious as of now.  :angry:

 

Poor WTS, tried to save the world with all his might and saved no one in the end....tragic....  I really feel for his loss....it's tragic...super tragic..so tragic that I want to tear on his behalf....it's so sad...   And the saddest for me was he read wrongly who JHM was going to kill next.....and went to save the wrong person....  :tears::tears::tears:

 

But guess what?  I am still going to chase down Ep 5 and 6 next week!  :w00t:     These evilness must meet justice!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

I have watched Ep 4!    Yes, arrrrrgggggghhhhhh.......... it made my blood boil so badly...the 3 persons are JCM, ESJ who resurrected JHM...and JHM!! 

Their names are spelt as E.V.I.L...(Extremely Vicious In Life)  :w00t:     

In the order of evil...I think Evil JHM is brutal, Evil JCM is corrupted.....  Evil ESJ borders between craziness and vicious as of now.  :angry:

 

Poor WTS, tried to save the world with all his might and saved no one in the end....tragic....  I really feel for his loss....it's tragic...super tragic..so tragic that I want to tear on his behalf....it's so sad...   And the saddest for me was he read wrongly who JHM was going to kill next.....and went to save the wrong person....  :tears::tears::tears:

 

But guess what?  I am still going to chase down Ep 5 and 6 next week!  :w00t:     These evilness must meet justice!

The only way to beat these evil and crazy psychopaths is to be one as well! Because they say that psychopaths can read each other....imagine though. Then only can he win. (In order to win the evil, one must become more evil than them) Imagine WTS joins the fun...WTS definitely will have his breaking point where he forgoes all the law and get straight to his goals.

 

i mean he watched JHM die so...he has a little psychopath in him Hahahaha.

 

Am back! After watching the episode. Omgggggggg. This is so intense! I want to watch it right away! I can’t wait for Tuesday to come! Wow. #mindblown

 

WTS’s wife is his breaking point no doubt, I refuse to believe that he will be the same after this. Ahhhhhhhhh. *jumps around, fangirling*

 

@mrsj3n have you watched it? Or I just missed it?

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sushilicious said:

 

@mrsj3n have you watched it? Or I just missed it?

 

Lol...nope!

tenor.gif?itemid=5292614

 

Hopefully I can watch it tomorrow so I can join in the hype.

 

I'll be back! B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sushilicious said:

The only way to beat these evil and crazy psychopaths is to be one as well! Because they say that psychopaths can read each other....imagine though. Then only can he win. (In order to win the evil, one must become more evil than them) Imagine WTS joins the fun...WTS definitely will have his breaking point where he forgoes all the law and get straight to his goals.

 

i mean he watched JHM die so...he has a little psychopath in him Hahahaha.

 

Am back! After watching the episode. Omgggggggg. This is so intense! I want to watch it right away! I can’t wait for Tuesday to come! Wow. #mindblown

 

WTS’s wife is his breaking point no doubt, I refuse to believe that he will be the same after this. Ahhhhhhhhh. *jumps around, fangirling*

 

@mrsj3n have you watched it? Or I just missed it?

 

haha...you are my dark-side Goddess...thanks!!  I will try to think and be like a psychopath from now onwards...heh heh...JHM....I am joining you.....  :lol:....

I really really really really to the infinity cannot stand JHM...  he is very sick and inhumane....he really should be named BEAST...how can he even become a prosecutor and kill at the same time?  Really sicko.     And I still cannot forgive ESJ for resurrecting him.....I cannot imagine how many more people will be butchered by him...

 

As for WTS, my only gripe about him is he cares too much about his work..a true-blue workaholic.....he has never imagined his wife can be put in so much danger because of his work and the first person he thought in danger was someone else....for that I am very :angry: with him.....I mean, seriously....he is dealing with crazy killers with no real motive to kill except the pleasure of watching people suffer and die?    I still can't get over the senseless butchering......it hurts to watch that scene...  perhaps I wanted him to reconcile with his wife very much and that kinda put a FULL-STOP to any possibility.... :tears::tears::tears:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lovehbhjw2013 Based on the previous post i posted, I feel like a psychopath...I don't really care about the wife, i only cared about WTS hahahaha. I'm ESJ.

 

I'm one of many...

 

Quote "Before I was ESJ, I was Park Il Do.I was even a superior spirit" Grins 

giphy.gif

 

Thanks to you, I even have a new name now. Dark-Side Goddess hahahaha

 

@mrsj3n hope you watch it soon!  It's worth it!

  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

@lovehbhjw2013 Based on the previous post i posted, I feel like a psychopath...I don't really care about the wife, i only cared about WTS hahahaha. I'm ESJ.

 

I'm one of many...

 

Quote "Before I was ESJ, I was Park Il Do.I was even a superior spirit" Grins 

 

Thanks to you, I even have a new name now. Dark-Side Goddess hahahaha

 

 

So my dark-side Goddess ESJ.......I hereby declare I am JHM-femelle.......but only hunting JHM with his own kind of psychology.... :lol:

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad Detective: Episodes 1-2

by Regals

Detective01-00952.jpg

With an absolutely gruesome, brutal premiere, Bad Detective (also known as Less than Evil) delivers on its promise of a vicious psychological thriller featuring a slightly unhinged detective who is willing to break the rules to take down the vile criminals who seem impossible to catch by normal means. And when the criminal in question is the one whose evasion of police several years ago sent our titular detective spiraling out of control, you can be sure there’s no line our detective isn’t willing to cross this time.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/bad-detective-episodes-1-2/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me after watching the latest episode:

Spoiler

5d2W.gif

 

Good God.... What have I just watched???

What on earth, ESJ?????

 

giphy.gif

 

Stirring the hornet's nest is the most stupidest thing in the world.

And she freaking "helped" / revived JHM in a way and I think I nearly lost some of my hair.

 

But again. It's unbelievable.

For someone who fell from a height, his brain is intact, his limbs are ok, his back is not broken.....

This can't be real! 

Aargh aargh aargh!!!

And he is walking normal and killing people?

Aaarghhhh! :angry:

 

And then can we talk about the REAL bad cop JCM here???

Omg... how I want to get my hands on him and strangle him real hard and cut off his air supply for simply existing!

Aargh!!!!

 

On a side note, the father and son part... it was so sad and touching and I really cried for the injustice when JCM killed his father. 

 

Gosh.. and poor WTS.

 

Next week can't come faster for us.... 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mrsj3n Hold your tears. Because i believe this will be a turnover for WTS. After he is done feeling down about his wife who is gone now, his anger of avenging for the people that JHM and That Bad Cop JCM had killed and hurt will increase.He has to become a monster himself first before he could defeat the monsters.I see the day where JHM/JCM gets killed. I don't want to see them in jail. I want them dead. 

-Words by ESJ (Not Me...Totally:ph34r:)

 

From a viewer stand point, i see that WTS is standing a floor lower than JHM & JCM. He needs to get up to the same level as them.

 

Wait till this series ends where the truly evil people dies then we can let the tears goes. 

 

Honestly....I feel like a drama psychopath. I really don't feel sad for the wife and or the other deaths oops.:ph34r:

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mrsj3n alright since I’ve already become ESJ now and  @lovehbhjw2013 has been proclaimed as JHM. I guess you should role play as one character as well. Maybe...WTS Himself? (You get to be a hero though:joy:)

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally watched this week episodes. OH, I was wrong when I said I knew who will kill Tae seok`s wife. :D

These episodes...It was an interesting watch for me. I did not want to compare the original Luther series with this remake but inevitably this happened when some things are the same but in the same time going so different. I am not saying only about Tae seok`s wife death, but about Jang Hyung-Min miraculous "resurrection", being ready to kill more people, Eun Sun-Jae`s story, the case. I decided to get Luther out of my mind. In my opinion, the British series is a much better crime show than this remake (for me anyway) ( looking forward to watch the new season)  and I will watch Less Than Evil like a new crime kdrama. 

 

About Eun Sun Jae... Is she really Bae Yeo Wool? They had a genetic test to prove that she is but I still wonder. We found out that she had a plastic surgery (of course:rolleyes:) because of her severe wounds and even a hemispherectomy. They have explained the personality diferences because of that brain surgery? I read about this surgery and it seams that studies have found no significant long-term effects on personality. Why Eun Sun jae is so different from Bae Yeo Wool? She took the identity of Yeo wool? Did she fake the DNA test? Questions....

 

I can`t wait to see Woo Tae-Seok hunting the really bad people, Jang Hyung-Min and Jeon Choon-Man. Because they were in position of power (one in Police, the other prosecutor), their crimes are much worst. They are disgusting. One is a serial murderer, a psychopath with  connections, the other a corrupt cop, without morality and conscience, who destroys the lives of other people at his will. 

 

****

Stills

2018121620342390244-540x1441.jpg


http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1621872

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to see wifey die and somehow in preview instead of linking the obvious - suspected serial murder escaped -> kills wife of detective who caught him it is the detective killing wife? Also, why is the evil detective letting JHM walk? If he REALLY wanted to close the loop then just kill JHM right then and there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, shaselai said:

Sad to see wifey die and somehow in preview instead of linking the obvious - suspected serial murder escaped -> kills wife of detective who caught him it is the detective killing wife? Also, why is the evil detective letting JHM walk? If he REALLY wanted to close the loop then just kill JHM right then and there. 

I thinking he is related to JHM in a certain extend, like. If you help me do something, I will help you back. I think the corrupted cop wants the limelight, so rather then killing such a big serial killer, why not let him run and then tries to capture him again and thus getting more limelight (Even If it means killing more innocent lives) and plus killing JHM under police custody might ruin his career. People are going to say like “Wow under police custody and still get killed? What type of police are they? So weak!”

 

I just really want to see WTS being more ruthless against that two evil dudes. So that it would be fun to watch. I Don’t want to see WTS getting hurt, I WANT to see WTS giving pain and desperation to those evil dudes. #satisfaction   

 

I want them to get a taste taste of their own medicine...Hehehehe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

I thinking he is related to JHM in a certain extend, like. If you help me do something, I will help you back. I think the corrupted cop wants the limelight, so rather then killing such a big serial killer, why not let him run and then tries to capture him again and thus getting more limelight (Even If it means killing more innocent lives) and plus killing JHM under police custody might ruin his career. People are going to say like “Wow under police custody and still get killed? What type of police are they? So weak!”

 

I just really want to see WTS being more ruthless against that two evil dudes. So that it would be fun to watch. I Don’t want to see WTS getting hurt, I WANT to see WTS giving pain and desperation to those evil dudes. #satisfaction   

 

I want them to get a taste taste of their own medicine...Hehehehe.

 

That's right!!!  A taste of my own medicine!   :w00t:  Make sure I get it twice the dosage!!!  :lol:  That incites further the killing instinct in me(JHM-femelle)!   loll   [Gosh!  It sounds so bad, right?]

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×