Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

She is innocent and sheltered. Presumably Oppa is the only man she has had such a tight and long relationship with , she adores him and she  dosen’t yet know the difference between having comfy big brother Oppa feelings and Attractive sexy Oppa feelings and how those are not necessarily the same things at all.I predict she is about get very confused. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Seems like lots of people already had second lead syndrome for this drama because of LSY-JSM’s work in Running Man. Am I the only one rooting for Top Star-ssi? :lol: I guess when his attitude change, he will be hard to resist. :lol:

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

She is innocent and sheltered. Presumably Oppa is the only man she has had such a tight and long relationship with , she adores him and she  dosen’t yet know the difference between having comfy big brother Oppa feelings and Attractive sexy Oppa feelings and how those are not necessarily the same things at all.I predict she is about get very confused. 

Agree. And seems like ep 2 will be the start of bromance/rivalry of YB-MD. Can’t waiiit!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, annie1234 said:

Seems like lots of people already had second lead syndrome for this drama because of LSY-JSM’s work in Running Man. Am I the only one rooting for Top Star-ssi? :lol: I guess when his attitude change, he will be hard to resist. :lol:

Oh I’m definitely on Team TOP Star -shi. I started this drama for him ^_^:wub: 

You are right @RobinM I’m looking forward to her being confused  :lol:

new stills !

Mr Speedy Gonzales 

Spoiler

Oh my with the lack of accommodation in the area it seems the crew have to camp out . Posted by KSJ’s stylist 

Spoiler

• Like 8

Ooh seems like our Top Star-ssi is starting to get seduced by those amazing foods. Halmoni will be super happy to see him eating her foods. 

.:lol:

That speedy gonzales ajussi really cracked me up since his first appearance. When he carried Yoo Baek to health center princess-style. OMG!.:joy::joy:

Ep 2 come faster please

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Oh I find that an indo sub of TSYB finally. I have watched episode 1. And I LOVE IT! I can't stop laughing while enjoying how miserable YB in that remote island. I love that his CEO sent him there. I see that he's not well. I see he keeps taking the anti-anxiety pills to relieve his mood. They just give us a slightest flasback of him punching and crying so bad. He must have some problems we've yet to see. 

And I love the natural atmosphere of the village and its residents are still indigenous. And I'm so drooled over by the food they served for YB. Ah... too bad he still in his denial mode and so cranky with his completely new wonderland. Look at how that traditional cooking method makes the food even much tastier. 

They have lots of unique characters introduced already. OKS and her cheerful humming dances. She handles the top star quite cool and patiently even she has to lose her cool at him at last. The sprint ahjussi. LOL. He sounds like a chopper when he runs. Very dramatic but I like it. Hahaha.... Then oh.. how could be those baby white goats are so cute. I want to carry them on my arms so badly. :lol: 

I guess the language they use are quite different in some vocabularies or phrases with Seoul dialect. I see that YB freaks out whenever they refer the things as 'the thing'. Lolololol

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

[Top Star Yoo-Baek] PILOT Ep 1 spoilers, Kim Ji Suk x Jeon So Min

yoobaek.png

Article: Naver 'Top Star Yoo-Baek' Kim Ji Suk puts on custom-fit clothes for 'Top Star Yoo Baek' 

1. [+63,-0]
Yoo Baek fighting. 

2. [+32,-0]
The actors can act, and they are likable. 

3. [+27,-0]
It's so interesting. I thought it's a Friday-Saturday drama. It's a pity.. but I'm really looking forward to Fridays. 

4. [+21,-2]
It's a pity that I didn't get to watch it yesterday. Going to be a first broadcast killer next week onward. Ji Suk-ssi, love you. 

5. [+8,-1]
Hello, Kim Ji Suk hyungnim, it's winter now, so please be careful and drink less alcohol. Maintain your health, I hope you live a long life. I hope that you'll always stay healthy and well. 

6. [+7,-0]
Actor Kim Ji Suk is handsome, his acting is good too. But I hope that this drama gets good ratings, and that his popularity increases. I'll be supporting him~~~ 

7. [+5,-0]
The drama is kind of childish, but it's good to watch it lightheartedly. It's fun. The satoori isn't perfect. I thought it was be good if this airs on Fridays and Saturdays. What a pity. ㅎ

8. [+5,-0]
No, but I laughed so hard that I thought I'd die watching it yesterday!! Been a while since I've seen a high kick without hesitation. It was fun. I'm thankful to Kim Ji Suk and Jeon So Min.. Fighting! 

9. [+5,-0]
Kim Ji Suk-ssi~ You're cool^^ Jeon So Min-ssi too, she's lovely~ The drama is interesting. 

top.png

Article: Naver 'Top Star Yoo-Baek' From its first broadcast, enjoyable · refreshing... Better than expected Kim Ji Suk X Jeon So Min 

1. [+321,-11]
The island is pretty... Yoo Baek's acting is good.... 

2. [+175,-8]
Kim Ji Suk is so fun. Jeon So Min fits that foolish role too. 

3. [+149,-8]
It's so, so fun!!!! As expected of Jeon So Min, jjang!! 

4. [+98,-1]
It's fun. And why is the island so pretty? It's healing. If I could live there for three days. 

5. [+52,-1]
Jeon So Min's casting is god's work. If this was done by an actress who acts ambiguously, it would be boring.. Because Jeon So Min acted so well, it's so funny. This is pleasantly simple, but it's cute. Airing only on Fridays is a pity. 

6. [+34,-1]
Been a while since I've laughed while watching a drama. Why is Kim Ji Suk so cool? 

7. [+30,-2]
Kkang Suni's character was casted really well. 

8. [+25,-2]
Kim Ji Suk is acting... But Jeon So Min seems like she's from that place. 

cr

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

How come I can't watch it with English sub? Anyone else know where to watch it?

I think the subs came out on subscene but will take time for the sites to use & upload. Pm me if you want Indonesian sites 

6 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

guess the language they use are quite different in some vocabularies or phrases with Seoul dialect. I see that YB freaks out whenever they refer the things as 'the thing'. Lolololol

Lololol. I think it will definitely lose the essence with translation. I watched it with ID subs as well . I almost died laughing when they kept referring it as “barang” ( thing)

new stills:

He looks good :wub:

Bts pics 

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, triplem said:

Lololol. I think it will definitely lose the essence with translation. I watched it with ID subs as well . I almost died laughing when they kept referring it as “barang” ( thing)

Right. Lost in translation. I wonder if there's no site is picking it up yet. They might Google translate the ID subs to English as what they ever did in SITR. But even so, since I speak the language I understand them. The ID subber of it is one of my fave subbers. In ID the word of 'barang' means things, and it has other secondary meaning as 'the thing'. Then, it won't be deprived in meaning if it's translated properly into English by human. 

Oh... it's today right, the new episode comes. I guess I will wait for the sub. It'll be available one day or two days after it's airing. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, annie1234 said:

I'm watching them on RM. LSY guest in it quite frequently. I like them but I ship her more with LKS. :lol: 

So here I don't have any SLS. I'm 100% on the top star team B) 

@triplem The preview shows that he start to see her in a different light. OKS has told him that she already has an oppa she likes. So the oppa she refers will be LSY's character?? I can't wait to see YB grumble because she likes him more than him, the top star that every girls love. I like when he wants to take his shirt off for bathing. She keeps coming back to give him some toiletry stuffs. He mocks her that actually she did it intentionally to get his attention and to see his abs. Bwahahahaha. Gosh.. this narcissistic top star. He keeps telling her to stop coming back cause he has his pants off now. Hahaha.. I died of laughter because the grandma is the one who witness him naked. I feel bad for him but I can't help myself, it's so hilarious. They have to fix the door key then. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I’m watching it live . I’ll give some rough recaps for eps 2. ( stream is skipping abit) 

night time - KS looks out the window . She’s in her room. Scene pans to family pics , 80s idols & her transformers doll. 

Omo!! We see a ship - MD in jack sparrow mode looks at his heartlock. Fights of some pirates! Lmao . He kisses KS’s pic

repeat scene of Ks head butting YB. 

He says are you crazy ? They start arguing ...i think he wants her to compensate..she’s like can’t be bothered , argues back , god her satoori accent is thick ! Lol!!

• Like 4

As per preview YB packs up & tells halmoni he’s leaving because of KS. Halmoni admonished Ks for not treating guest well.

YB went to village head to make call . He interrupted speedy Gonzales ‘s Wife’s call . He was so mad . Lol I like how they all call him TOP Star shi 

back to seoul , Nam jo is still happily using YB’s car . The manager calls him & screams at him , where are you ? Using YB’s car? He pretend like he can’t hear . He picks up the lead actress of the drama . She acts all cute , full agyeo. Lol! Wait till she finds out he’s just using YB’s car 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Aigoo our TOP star waits & waits for a boat but it’s pointless . He gives up . Walks to a nearby convenience shop . A little boy is there   , think shop owned by his parents . Haha the kid doesn't like him . TOP Star shi tried to be all cute & pretend to be nice but kid ends up crying . So happens KS comes in and sees him , scolds him for being mean .

Back to Seoul. NJ takes the box at the back of YB’s car , smells it - cake gone bad . NJ puts on mask & gets out of car . Paparazzi thinks it’s YB ..later NJ shows photos to manager . News of YB dating the actress but it was actually NJ.

YB back to waiting at the shore ...no boat in sight .. then suddenly he hears an announcement. ( my stream is lagging very bad ) 

Not sure how as stream skipped he ends up getting lost & in the goats shed. Kept trying to ask the bleeting goat to keep quiet , KS hears the commotion 

sorry can’t get on my stream 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2

yB is back at village heads house . The Wife seems quite nice to him . I think they cook him dinner & they make him join them . It’s like half the village is there. 

He sits with them ( this is progress) . Doc comes in , she plays a joke on him - pointing that there’s a mouse or something. Joking she says. Sits at YB’s table . Speedy Gonzales offers him fermented snake wine ..he’s like no thanks ..runs off to washroom to puke . The village folks all like to tease him 

halmoni forces KS to join the villagers , she did not want to at first , but had to go with halmoni . They bumped into YB. He’s polite to halmoni but was pissed off with kS . Halmoni then dragged them both to eat . A lot of satoori conversation going on . ..but they are both sitting across from each other showing childish faces at each other 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2

Village head giving some speech - I think about how happy they are to have a TOP Star in their midst 

my stream skipped.,but she’s dragging his luggage back to her place . He stops her . They banter further ..then they have a moment where he grabbed her arm & she’s face to face . Omg ! I think this is a moment both have that awkward look . He breaks the silence with his “chopsu” 

he agreed to stay with her 

• Like 2

Ahh the cutest scenes. He’s settling in. She was looking for him. He suddenly popped up . Why are u looking for me? 

He brushes his teeth with his electric toothbrush. She was in awe ..he thought she was admiring his arms..lol!  She tried on the toothbrush - so happy like a kid (I’m like that’s so not hygienic )

meanwhile papparazi steal the cake box in YB’s car 

YB can’t sleep , goes walking. Sees that KS is up. He goes to her room, he sits down & they talk, she tells about her dad . He looks at her family pics . Even ask about her transformer toy.She looks out dreamily ..he stares at her ..looks away ....he suddenly seems relax as they both listen to 80s music . It’s a very nice scene . 

He fell asleep . He wakes up next morning , stares at her for a bit ..before she hit his head by accident..lol 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, triplem said:

Ahh the cutest scenes. He’s settling in. She was looking for him. He suddenly popped up . Why are u looking for me? 

He brushes his teeth with his electric toothbrush. She was in awe ..he thought she was admiring his arms..lol!  She tried on the toothbrush - so happy like a kid (I’m like that’s so not hygienic )

meanwhile papparazi steal the cake box in YB’s car 

YB can’t sleep , goes walking. Sees that KS is up. He goes to her room, he sits down & they talk, she tells about her dad . He looks at her family pics . Even ask about her transformer toy.She looks out dreamily ..he stares at her ..looks away ....he suddenly seems relax as they both listen to 80s music . It’s a very nice scene . 

He fell asleep . He wakes up next morning , stares at her for a bit ..before she hit his head by accident..lol 

Already sleeping together.. In the same room? Hehehehe

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

She’s like what are you staring at ..looks at her clothes. He’s like you watch too many dramas. So they go down for brekkie . Cute bickering continues. YB makes his own  breakfast - scrambled eggs - he says it in his British accent .but at least he eats together with them

KS taped back his surfing board . He goes to the beach , Meets the halmoni divers . But he did have a nice time surfing, relaxing out at sea

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2

He’s trying to sleep . Hears a commotion .. he sees her shadow making food , he comes out what are you doing ...this is per the new stills ..not sure , but I think he will give in to finally eat with her ( my stream died ) 

Doc & teacher scene , he puts on a pair of shoes for her ..lol! Are they in love or what ? 

yB walking around ..fainted in front of grandma...

doc comes to see him ..I think he took too many sleeping pills ..doc says he’ll be ok

YB having a bad dream. It’s a young boy - him - in hospital with drips - the boy was angry but he was sick ..YB awakes ..tried to pull imaginary drip off his hands ..realises he was dreaming. He runs to the cliff - sees the women divers from afar, he looks forlorn & is emotional . Tears ..KS waves to him from afar . He runs off 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1