Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

:lol: @triplem Yes!! Thank you!! That cheered me up after watching the goodbye video. I was hoping not to cry till tomorrow, but instead I've cried like 4x over the past few days. What have you done to me Top Star Yoo Baek playing with my emotions like this? Lol

I am very confused now about the continuity of the scenes. So JSM definitely has the wig in bed with her and yes I think the hairstyle was up to fit the wig on... but I don't get KSJ wearing the outfit from the sumset kiss while she is wearing that ajhumma outfit? In the preview when he's hugging that woman, he's wearing a darker outfit. And in that one shot of the bed scene, he's wearing a tan shirt. None of it matches up! What is with his outfit changing so much all the time? Lol. They could have saved a lot of money on wardrobe costs by just having him go shirtless every episode ! Jus saying ^_^

• LOL 6

Found this article posted on FB by KJS’s Hongkong fanclub. I think the article picked out the 5 most memorable lines from the drama.

1) Ep 3: It’s you. You entered my frame.

2) Ep 5: I was right. You are really a good person.

3) Ep 8: After I met you, I can finally breathe.

4) Ep 9: The next time you want to communicate your feelings, like this... I miss you very much. I love you.

5) Ep 10: I want! I want it! I really want it!

http://m.moneys.mt.co.kr/view.html?no=2019012313008033769&ref=http://m.facebook.com#imadnews

No prizes for guessing who said what! But my favourite? 접수 (chopsu). I never knew there were so many ways to say those two words. And every time YB says them, my heart flutters.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

49 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

They could have saved a lot of money on wardrobe costs by just having him go shirtless every episode ! Jus saying ^_^

Ooh excellent suggestion except we might have ended up with the male lead being frozen to death once they started filming during winter lol. Maybe his stylist can KIV this when he films a drama in the summer instead :lol:

About the discontinuity, an eagle-eyed knet on DC suggested that they could have done a retake for the 'I miss you, I love you' line when Soonbaek had that sunset kiss. I had a peek and yeah they could be right, because we could only see the top of KS' head when YB said those lines, and in the making video, while JSM has that hanbok hairstyle, she's still in her ahjumma getup. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

21 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

No prizes for guessing who said what! But my favourite? 접수 (chopsu). I never knew there were so many ways to say those two words. And every time YB says them, my heart flutters.

me too! Imagine a "chop su"  notification tone  :lol:...and of course another favourite is this, where's @annie1234

Major throwback...how far we have come...

• LOL 6

Omg @triplem need to know how to make a notification tone, stat. Any tech savvy peeps around? 

I went back to the sunrise kiss and remembered that when NJ gave KS money, she lifted her skirt and was wearing those flowery pants. So maybe she was just wearing that same outfit under the hanbok? And they filmed that angry bull ajhumma scene the same day nearby? Just another thought!

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, triplem said:

me too! Imagine a "chop su"  notification tone  :lol:...and of course another favourite is this, where's @annie1234

Major throwback...how far we have come...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCRAMBLED EGG!!!!!!! :heart::heart: My favorite! It’s unfortunate he never said it again in the latter episode.

I want my notif tone to be “SCRAMBLED EGG, MILK, SALAD, OR MAYBE SOME ESPRESSO~”

:relaxed: Top Star ssi~~~ why your pronounciation is soooo good???? :love: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

@annie1234....I think his pronunciation is good because I think they said he studied in the U.K.?  I was just thinking that he speaks English better than me! I live in Hawaii, locals speak Pidgin English here.  I guess it’s something like using satoori in Korea? Lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Unfortunately, technology was never my friend. I would really gladly pay for a notification tone with KJS saying "chopsu". Can you imagine hearing it every time you get a message from someone? *swooooooon* :kiss_wink:

It's finally Friday, peeps!!!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Yes, it's that time of week again! But sadly my friends, the last time, for Top Star Yoo Baek at least. Perhaps I will continue with my google translate fun in Touch Your Heart forum though!

[TVN] Kwon Sang-jung, a TVN-winning series, "Top-star Yu-Bae" (written by Lee So-jung) This is boosting the publicity, soaring index, and attracting attention. The top star 'Yoo Baek Lee' is a top-hit star, 'Yoo Baek', who traveled to the remote island after a big accident. In the previous 10 episodes, a rapid romance with flames of fire and a 21 - story white kiss from Kim Ji - seok of "Love Morgiri" and. Now, a pureblow couple who is left with only a run on the flow path raises the expectation that a happy ending can be met. In the meantime, Kim Ji-seok - Jeon Sang-min, who is boasting of a couple of deadly loving couples who are full of smiles, is caught and makes a stir. Being a couple of honeybee couples, holding honeycomb all day long and having a conversation of love, as well as dripping honey from the eyes even when looking at each other's faces. Also in the 11th trailer released earlier, Kim Ji Suk and Jeon Sang-min robbed the sight of the Longdue couple at the same time. Seoul and Yeojae, along with their two glistening figures in their respective seats, are now " How about stopping it? "Kim Ji-seok's proposal led to a heartbeat in front of the monitor. The answer to the confession of Kim Ji - suk, the loving man, will be answered by Jang So - min. /kangsj@osen.co.kr

That's a lot of Honey  http://www.osen.co.kr/article/G1111071030

[Exporters News Kim Ji Hyun intern reporter] 'Top star Yu Baek' Kim Ji-seok and Jeon Sang-min are thrilled by their sweet romance. The TVN drama 'Top Star Yu Baek Lee' revealed the more interesting 'Top Star Yu Baek' last observation point on the 24th. #One. Kim Ji-seok - Jeon Sang-min, crisis of Longdue couple? Kim Ji-seok (Yoo Baek-guk) and Jeon Sang-min (Oh Gang-sun) are hoping for a happy ending. In the 11th premiere video, the two started a long distance love relationship. I have been in love for so many times that I can get in touch every day, but when I am away for a while, my heart is getting far away. Like Kim Ji-seok's "I am married, I have lived a lot and I have lived happily and well", I am interested in a time when the couple will overcome the crisis of long-distance love and get married.

#2. Lee Sang-jip, can you find a new love? Until the end, I see whether Lee Sang-yeop (Choi Mae-ston), who showed the true face of 'Yeoja-shrine', could find a new love. Lee Sang-yeop has been enthusiastic about the sunflower sung-nam for a long time. Especially, he realized the true meaning of Jeon Sang-min toward Kim Ji-seok and showed the figure of 'Shinsamadol' which supports the love of the pure white couples silently from behind. It is expected that Lee will find a new relationship that only loves himself and find true happiness.

# 3. Jangheung house and Gunsan house, can you be happy over dementia pain? In addition to a couple of pure white couples, a couple of Kim Jung-min (Gang Min), Lee Ah-hyun (Arthur) couple, Jung Eun Pyo (Dongchun Pa), Jung Lee (Dong Chun Mom) couple Lee Wan-wi (village head) and Kim Hyun In particular, the couple, Huhjin (Jangheung house) and Sung Byungsuk (Kunsan family), who are related to the home, have laughed and laughed with friendship with their sister Kimi for many years. However, along with the dementia of Seong Byung-sook, her appearance in the last 10 episodes of writing a letter made her audience feel sad. As a matter of fact, it is noticed whether the two people will be able to keep happiness with the pain of dementia.

#4. Vale in the Hulman unveiled! Finally, the identity of Hulman, who was wrapped in a veil, is revealed. In the meantime, Hulman has appeared at unexpected moments from the first time, prompting viewers' curiosity such as' Kim Ji-seok's new father, McGuffin, father of the bosom who thought he was dead '. In particular, Hulman 's big head visual, which faces Kim Ji - seok in the last 10 episodes of Broadcasting, has been unveiled, raising his curiosity about what Hulman is. This is the ending of the Top Star Milk, which will be a big attraction for the remaining time. 'Top star Yu Baek Lee' will be broadcasted on the 25th at 11 pm.

Who the heck is Hulman and McGuffin???? http://www.xportsnews.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=1069081

• LOL 6

Seeing these make me feel heavy hearted to say good bye

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

The jacket is the same one she's wearing when he proposes right? Or when we *think* he proposes. But then more confusion, because she is in her hideout. And he is in a tux, presumably the same tux as at the awards show. And doesn't it seem like he introduces her on the red carpet? Maybe...he introduces NJ, then ditches the awards show and heads to the island to propose. :open_mouth:plot twist! Lol I dunno but that literally just popped in my head. Maybe he will retire from acting, could that be?

• Like 6

If he really turns up on the island in his tux straight from the awards, then someone needs to start teaching this couple how to change into comfortable outfits before going on long roadtrips lol. I mean, KS with her hanbok and YB with his tux? Unless it's meant to be symbolic. She brings her conservative self to the city and he brings his glitz and glam to the backwater island. Or I'm reading too much into this :lol:

And is that a mobile phone I spot in KS' hand? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 2

You're right about the phone. But then even more confusion. In all the preview convos, she doesn't have a mobile. When does she get it then? :huh:why they confusing me with less than 12 hrs to go and I'm supposed to try and sleep in the meantime oof

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I don’t actually think he proposes in a tux . The tux scene for me will be the final scene as Yoo Baek comes full circle. This drama is to a large extent about YB’s journey to rediscover himself & get back his life . It may likely end with KJS doing a voice over since he holds the titular role . 

His stylist updated...asking for viewers for their final support . He & his team really worked hard. 

They still owe us a BTS of the kiss scene !!!!!

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7

Looking forward to this scene too! These two are just tooooo cute. *sighs*

I'm back chingus! It's finally fridayyyyy!!!! 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

:lol: i think this role is his best so far heee... maybe coz he is a Top Star himself... heh~~

DaR6YTF.jpg

Oh actually i am quite conflicted about SeChan's cameo *whisper* keeps reminding me of Running Man (ahh.. crazy challenges etc)and ops... plus acting opposite JSM - who is also in RM...hahaa~~

smVS9Dt.jpg

the chemistry will be there no doubt though:tounge_xd:

18 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

Oh actually i am quite conflicted about SeChan's cameo *whisper* keeps reminding me of Running Man (ahh.. crazy challenges etc)and ops... plus acting opposite JSM - who is also in RM...hahaa~~

Gary also cameo in Ji Hyo's Emergency Couple drama. And he also played a cab driver there. Lol.

• LOL 4

Just want to share this, KJS and JSM actually met before they filmed the drama. HSJ, KJS & JSM attended an event april last year. They also ended up sitting beside each other during the event. 

~~~ah my shipping hearteuuuu~~~

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, nikki7 said:

Gary also cameo in Ji Hyo's Emergency Couple drama. And he also played a cab driver there. Lol.

:grimace:ah.. yap.. i caught that scene and drama too..*whisper* juz cant help it but link it to RM too hahaaa:tounge_xd:

7 minutes ago, heyyoooo said:

They also ended up sitting beside each other during the event. 

Haha KJS and JSM look so awkward sitting next to each other but them three are cute. If they ever appear in a drama together that would be dangerous for my sanity lol.

Also it's fitting that YSC cameos. He's JSM's bff, knows LSY through RM and I read that he apparently served in the military with KJS. Small world. 

• Like 7