Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

This show is so Squeeworthy and special and smexy I just can’t even!!! So happy to have people to gush with about it as well!!!

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

MD being sweet to KS.

MD: Oppa is fine, so in the future, don’t worry about upsetting me, and date enthusiastically. Understand?
KS: Oppa, I’m so sorry.
MD: If you continue to be sorry and all that to oppa in the future, I’m going to really scold you. And, Unicorn-shi, in the future, don’t make our Kkang Soon cry, cherish her a lot, and treat her well.
YB: (nods) I will. However, Choi Ma Dol-shi, are you leaving to go somewhere?
MD: What - ? Are you telling me to leave? I just returned home after 10 years away, why would I leave my home and go elsewhere?
YB: No, I mean, you’re talking just like someone who is wrapping up loose ends before leaving.
MD: Is a one-sided love a crime?

The sentiments that MD says to KS are sweet, as is his warning to YB to treat KS well. However, what I appreciate about this is how they cut the sentimentality of the scene with a bit of YB puzzlement and MD's island sass. :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 6

22 minutes ago, tibba said:

They released another version of the preview. So we have three versions? One from preview, and two others. The last one is up on Naver if you can view it:

http://naver.me/FH8tA6fM

This is just an abbreviated version of the longer preview I already translated and posted. I think the kiss scenes may be slightly different, but the VO's are the same.

• Like 6

@stroppyse Thanks so much for the translations. If you hv time , what did MD’s dad say to her . It’s the second & third vid 

——-

frame by frame of the kiss scene 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This kind of show is the reason why Korean Dramas became so popular world wide. A beautiful healing love story with laugh out loud scenes with None of serial murders, political corruption and bittersweet endings that are trendy in Dramas right now but old school charm and warmth.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

KS and MD's father speaking. @triplem

2nd slide:

MD Father: What is this? Why are you returning this to me?
KS: Because I think that returning it is the right thing to do.
Father: What do you mean that’s the right thing? Just because you’re not marrying our Ma Dol, are you trying to cut ties with ajusshi as well?
KS: No, ajusshi. It’s not like that. I can’t accept this money. What right do I have to accept this money?
Father: If that’s the way you think, that makes me sad. This money, I told you that this is not something that I’m giving to my daughter-in-law. I’m marrying my daughter off, so how can a father not even do this much? During all this time, I haven’t really done that much for you anyway. I have to at least do this much, so that we can hold hands when I walk you into the hall. On your wedding day. Were you not going to hold your father’s hand when you walked in?

3rd slide:

KS: Ajusshi.
Father: Kang Soon, if it had happened that I had died and your father had lived, your father would have done exactly the same for our Ma Dol. Kkang Soon, it was because you separated from our Ma Dol, that the registries were clearly organized. So, now I can really become your true father. Here, take it. It’s fine. Aigoo. Really. Aigoo.

Both father and son are so sweet. Btw, for anyone for whom the bit about the registries wasn't clear, in South Korea, births and weddings are recorded events. So, the father is referring to the fact that he would have felt as if he were both KS' father and father-in-law if she had married MD, but now he was free to just be KS' father. It's an incredibly sweet way of letting KS know that her breakup with MD was fine with him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

43 minutes ago, heyyoooo said:

The thousand pecks after the intense kiss wasnt uploaded on naver. Huhu. I was waiting for that. 

Cant prolly sleep tonight. Ugh. Too much feels. Thank you guys for the updates and vids. Me too, it will be hard for me to let them go *sigh*

Came back to edit, the previews doesnt look like they are acting. Lol. It looks and feels sooooo natural. Ugh especially the last two kiss from YB while holding KS's collar. Lol. KS's laugh there is too JSM. 

Yep that's JSM laughing not KS. Why are they so cute???

• Like 9

Thanks @joonminfan dear

This is what i love about this drama. Not a single character you can hate. Every character is so well written. Not to mention the overall quality is so damn good, from cinematography, directing, script, the scenery. Truly one of the the best dramas ive ever watched in kdramaland, healing and warm.

I feel so emo rn. :bawling:

• Like 7

Thanx @stroppyse . I have to say what wonderful people Ma Dol & his parents are . I know for a fact MD will be ok now because he comes from such a loving supportive family . While watching live , my heart ached for MD but he was a gentleman through & through.  

You are right @RobinM we need more dramas like this

———

last post from me tonight...the run up to the kiss

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Cant keep up with our top starsshi. He scored at least 20 kisses. Hahahaha. Ugh. This couple seriously.... *my single self cant relate*

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Lol but are we seriously supposed to believe Yoobaek stopped at a (ridiculously cute!) medley of pecks after his hands were all over Kangsoon's back during that kiss? He's so thirsty :joy:

• LOL 7

I suddenly just remembered.....what did they decide KS should call YB at the end (instead of Top Star)? I'm very curious now. Does anyone know???

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

This drama is so good and healing, it reminds me of Weightlifting Fairy Kim BokJoo and Jealousy Incarnate. I watched the live stream, and the funniest scenes were kangsoon confessing to yoobaek in front of madol and most of the villagers, when kangsoon hit her foot and hopped across to the other room after almost kissing yoobaek, and when the misunderstanding about yoobaek was announced over loud speaker for the whole island to hear.

Just a reminder about the DVD Demand  Survey, please participate if you can. The dvd can include many extras like unreleased bts/making videos, deleted & extended scenes, cast commentary & interviews, outtakes/NGs, poster, photobook, autographed photo cards, & maybe even eng subs. You can fill out the survey now here: http://m.cafe.daum.net/topstarUBDVD and decide later if you'll purchase it or not. If you can't read Korean use Google Chrome Browser to translate. You need to make a Daum account & use your cell phone number to confirm with a code sent to you, then fill out the survey under "Making DVD Wish" with your real name, quantity & email, remember to mark "Secret" so your info is kept private.

@triplem Can you describe the bts video that was deleted in more detail? I am waiting for more bts, and sad to have missed it.

@stroppyse  Please can you help me translate the sentences in the photo link below? I would like to edit it in English for international fans. Thank you.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsqMIHRHFIf/

• Like 5

One more translation for today. This is the preview that was shown at the end of the episode. I don't have a video, just the translation.

(Looks as if YB is going to go tresspassing)
Sign: Private, No trespassing allowed
Grandmother: There in the mountain, someone from Seoul is said to live there, but I don’t know very well, since he doesn’t come down to the village at all.
YB: I think I have to go down.
KS: Where to?

(MD ends up at the hospital where the doctor flirts with him.)
MD: Excuse me!
Doctor: Oppa! Oppa!
Doctor: It is Ma Dol oppa!
MD: Hey, who are you?
Doctor: If you had already been dating me, then there wouldn’t have been any time wasted.
MD: I’m going to go crazy. How can there be someone like that?!

(YB on the island)
YB: A package delivery has arrived!
Man: Thank you, Top Star Bachelor! (me: Any unmarried man is just called “bachelor”. It doesn’t have any other specific connotations. it's casual and comfortable appellation without the implied closeness and intimacy of using his given name. They’ll call him that until he gets married. Then, he’ll be referred to as the “groom” or the “husband” until he has a child, at which point, he’ll be known as his first child’s father. Just customary.)
Man: Hey, should we be calling him Super Bachelor now?

(YB and KS scene.)
KS: I’ve put up a new picture of my ideal man.
KS: Here it is! (It’s a pic of YB.)
YB: (on phone) Hello?
KS: (on phone) Hey.
YB: (on phone) Oh Kang Soon, what were you doing? Were you thinking about me?
YB: (on phone) Oh, I want to see you, my Oh Kang Soon.
Man: Oh my, where are you going like that?
KS: It’s because I might get caught. (LOL. She’s in disguise as an ajumma!)
KS: Yah! You rotten ones! (having caught sight of YB’s skinship with another woman, probably filming something. :) )

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 5

57 minutes ago, topstarubdvd said:

@stroppyse  Please can you help me translate the sentences in the photo link below? I would like to edit it in English for international fans.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsqMIHRHFIf/

Edited by topstarubdvd

Sorry about this, the larger font items are fine but the definition on the fine print is doing my head in.

The poster reads:

Quote in yellow: Making, you, you have come, inside my frame.

Top Star Yoo Baek

Making DVD Demand Survey
http://cafe.daum.net/topstarUBDVD

The fine print seems to be saying that the survey is not a guarantee of production. Interest has to be sufficient in order to produce the DVD, so please participate. However, the definition is insufficient to read that font on the instagram, so I'm not 100% sure. 

• Like 6

This is the preview vid at the end of the episode that I saw raw which is translation given  by @stroppyse

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

(Looks as if YB is going to go tresspassing)
Sign: Private, No trespassing allowed
Grandmother: There in the mountain, someone from Seoul is said to live there, but I don’t know very well, since he doesn’t come down to the village at all.
YB: I think I have to go down.
KS: Where to?

(MD ends up at the hospital where the doctor flirts with him.)
MD: Excuse me!
Doctor: Oppa! Oppa!
Doctor: It is Ma Dol oppa!
MD: Hey, who are you?
Doctor: If you had already been dating me, then there wouldn’t have been any time wasted.
MD: I’m going to go crazy. How can there be someone like that?!

(YB on the island)
YB: A package delivery has arrived!
Man: Thank you, Top Star Bachelor! (me: Any unmarried man is just called “bachelor”. It doesn’t have any other specific connotations. it's casual and comfortable appellation without the implied closeness and intimacy of using his given name. They’ll call him that until he gets married. Then, he’ll be referred to as the “groom” or the “husband” until he has a child, at which point, he’ll be known as his first child’s father. Just customary.)
Man: Hey, should we be calling him Super Bachelor now?

(YB and KS scene.)
KS: I’ve put up a new picture of my ideal man.
KS: Here it is! (It’s a pic of YB.)
YB: (on phone) Hello?
KS: (on phone) Hey.
YB: (on phone) Oh Kang Soon, what were you doing? Were you thinking about me?
YB: (on phone) Oh, I want to see you, my Oh Kang Soon.
Man: Oh my, where are you going like that?
KS: It’s because I might get caught. (LOL. She’s in disguise as an ajumma!)
KS: Yah! You rotten ones! (having caught sight of YB’s skinship with another woman, probably filming something. :) )

2 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

I suddenly just remembered.....what did they decide KS should call YB at the end (instead of Top Star)? I'm very curious now. Does anyone know???

She didn’t want to call him “jagiya” ...she said  “keja “ - I hv no idea what the heck that means it’s in the vid that @heyyoooo posted above. 

@topstarubdvd I did not watch the entire BTS ...it had MD & his mum with the goats , there was a scene of YB during the misunderstanding of his impotency , then there was a super long scene of KJS & JSM digging in to the chicken / food after the filming with grandma ( they were seriously hungry & didn’t care that they being filmed , so happy eating ) ...that’s all I saw . There was more   . I believe they will repost it later . 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, triplem said:

She didn’t want to call him “jagiya” ...she said  “keja “ - I hv no idea what the heck that means it’s in the vid that @heyyoooo posted above. 

She didn't want to call him "jagi" because that is also a word that means "my" as in "my own self" which is the example KS uses to refuse to call him that. Btw, the -ya in "jagi-ya" is just a familiarizing ending such as saying "Kang Soon-ah" or "Yoo Baek-ie".

So, she calls him "geu jah" which loosely translates into "that person" or "oy" which translates to "hey you". :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Wow! Really a lot of translations here. Love it!

I'm at episode 8. I just had to write again because of the fireworks kissing scene in ep 5. That scene really really made my heart flutter so much! Actually, there are a lot of scenes that made me giggle a lot. I just can't name it all. I've never felt this way about a romcom for a long time. Their chemistry is just.. WOW!

BTW, how long does it usually take for subs to come out? Coz I'll be reaching ep 10 soon. I hope it doesn't take long. Gosh, it will be so hard to wait for a week for the finale... :bawling: 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, triplem said:

My next rom com will be Touch Your Heart...

but what I can do is I’ll revive KJS actor’s thread ( it’s not been updated for years ) & we can spazz there if you guys wanna go beyond this drama 

Oh please do! I had a hard time finding the thread, and when I stumbled upon it, it was not updated at all. I’m not ready to let them go yet too, my beautiful SoonBaek.

@triplem @turtlegirl I was wondering what drama to watch next. I may join you to watch Touch Your Heart then. I’ve never watched Goblin but I like both YIN and LDW, so I may join you in the thread. It will be fun!

and @tibba @heyyoooo @RobinM I spazzed so much after watching the kiss scenes. Those are definitely going to be on replay mode. I wonder if KJS is going to beat HSJ’s record on 1% of Something? I’m most probably biased, but I think KJS had more heart-fluttering chemistry with JSM. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

and @tibba @heyyoooo @RobinM I spazzed so much after watching the kiss scenes. Those are definitely going to be on replay mode. I wonder if KJS is going to beat HSJ’s record on 1% of Something? I’m most probably biased, but I think KJS had more heart-fluttering chemistry with JSM. 

I also watched 1% of something. The kissing scenes were really intense in that drama but I also find that JSM has better chemistry with KJS.. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1