Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

Finally!!!! 

Starting off with a flashback. YB on island, calling NJ, something about KS. I think it's from the day she got "engaged" to MD. OK, whatever he is talking about, one of the old lady's is listening in. Now I remember this part. Now she's talking to her sister about YB but I dunno what they're saying. YB is leaving the island, says goodbye to the ladies. They're looking at him like he's pitiful. I guess this was like the little introduction.

Ok, now we are at the hotel present time. Everyone is eating breakfast. MD tells everyone that KS went to Seoul. He's gonna announce they aren't getting married I guess. Everyone looks shocked. Grandma I think asks why. And MD says cuz of Top Star. This shocks everyone even more. Grandma seems very sad. MD trying to comfort her. MD's mom is starting to cry. Grandma holds MD's hand I think asks if he's OK. He says he is, I think. Everyone says MD fighting. 

MD's parents talking out by the pool. But I have no idea what they're saying. 

Two old ladies are talking in the hotel about it. I have no idea what they're saying. LOL sorry I am not very helpful. KS's Grandma comes in. She is mentioning MD, guess she is very concerned for him. Now she's talking about Top Star. She seems to be saying OK I guess Top Star is OK.

• Like 3

Back to present - Next morning in the hotel , after wedding , everyone having brekkie & ask where is KS . mD says she left for Seoul & that he & KS won’t be getting married . I think MD mentioned, her heart is not with him but with TOP star Shi . They felt bad for him but I think he was also putting up a strong front about it , everyone tells him to cheer up ,

MD parents talk on their own . They feel bad for MD but I think they try to hold up for him. The rest of the villagers in the hotel rooms trying to process KS’s departure & the engagement falling through. Grandma seems ok though but hmm you never know with her :D 

• Like 3

Oh my she’s in YB’s room, her hanbok on the floor . She’s covered under the sheet ,YB says what you’re doing . She changed into the green sweater ..he kiss her  . My god this Kang soon stopped him as he was going for the deep kiss & goes on her rant about things moving fast .. she wants to go through every step slowly ., she & YB bickering about it .,finally he grabbed her & hugged her as per stills. She stopped wrangling & enjoyed the hug 

• Like 4

LOL OK, KS is in YB's bed taking off her hanbok under the covers. They played some sexy music while she did it haha. YB walks in. He's brushing her hair as per preview and kissing her. Goes in for deeper kiss, as expected. KS pushes him back. Dang KS you got some will power. LOL I think YB is like wait what, you don't wanna kiss? I think he's protesting, but we are in love, why can't we kiss? KS seems to be putting a lot of rules on this relationship. YB just keeps looking more and more shocked. Lol. They are bickering. He holds her down and cuddles her. She is trying to resist. OK she finally stopped resisting. YB is clearly saying some sweet, heartfelt things. He looks so happy.

Awww KS had gotten up for a minute, when she gets back, she sees the sleeping pills by YB's bedside. She looks sad about it. She gets back in bed with him. YB is looking at a painting on his wall. Looks like the island. Think he misses it. Oh, he's having a flashback. With his mom as a kid. Mom is fixing a broken light in their apartment. It isn't working though. Mom and young YB go to a park to eat kimbap. Not sure what this flashback is all about though. 

• Like 4

She went to use the washroom while YB lying in bed . She sees his sleeping pills . He embraces her & they lie down hugging ..she ask him about the pills ..he says he’s ok now then he looks away ..flashback to when he was young. He wad all mum had after dad died . Mum loved making him Kimbap. He tells KS about what happened i the past . She holds his hand & comforts him . She wants him to rely on her ..she lulls him to sleep .,strokes his head 

• Like 4

YB is telling KS about his mom I guess. He talks very somber. KS is listening, holding his hand, comforting him. Think she's gonna push him to reconcile with mom. Aww she is rubbing his hair. Whatever she says is very comforting to him. 

Oh, he's in his car now thinking about last time he saw his mom and her light fixture wasn't working. Guess that's why he thought of his childhood memory with the broken light fixture. He gets out of his car and goes to her apartment. He is fixing the light fixture. Awww. Mom shows up. Think she wants to talk but he says like I just came to fix the light, and quickly leaves. 

KS is back in her hanbok at YB's place. He comes back. For some reason KS is patting YB's butt. I would personally be grabbing and squeezing it, but this is KS after all. YB grabs her and pulls her close but she's still resisting. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

YB went to see his mum...he fixes the broken lights in her apartment..mum comes & is surprised to see him ..he’s like i remember this was broken..then runs off 

KS is up & back in her hanbok . She wondered where he went ..he’s back ..he says I went out ..then he finally says went to see mum..she’s like oh you r such a good boy , pats his butt .,he was like what is this .Grabs her & they come face to face . she’s like what are you doing . He let’s go in frustration..they continue to bicker 

• Like 3

OMG ridiculous scene with teacher and doc. Doc had to go to the bathroom real bad and teacher came up to her right at that time to talk to her. She ran into the bathroom stall but he stayed there talking to her. Yeah, it was ridiculous and gross lol. I am pretty sure Teacher heard it all. They are both embarrassed it seems. I can't with scenes like this lol. 

• Like 3

CEO and NJ get a call about something. Think about YB and KS. NJ seems to be taking credit for it. Here come YB and KS. She greets CEO. YB looking so handsome in his suit. I don't think CEO wants the relationship to go public. But YB is acting like he's gonna be all kinds of public with KS. They are being cuties. 

Oh they are back at designer friend shop. The designer's facial expressions lol. YB being all sweet with KS, making the designer guy gawk. Think he wants to buy an outfit for KS' grandma too. 

• Like 4

Teacher - doc scene . Villagers etc are still in hotel .She’s got a tummy ache ..

( sorry i was not paying attention to the scene ) 

NJ with Manager. Hyung gets a call that YB is in town . NJ so happy that Means YB & KS are together. YB brings kS to the office . Haha she’s got a most strange accent talking to Hyung & NJ. She’s truly a country bumpkin. The things she says shocked them  but YB finds them cute much,  to the other two’s amazement 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3

YB brings KS to get dressed at the designer’s . He did mention something about grandma here though. Maybe get something for her 

island - MD fixes kS shop sign. md parents try to make him feel better at brekkie . We love you , they tell him . KS calls .,she’s coming back . mD dad tried to hide if from him

but MD knew ...he’s such a good fellow ..meets them at the jetty ....

• Like 3

MD is so amazing good . He takes the two for coffee . KS apologise , he says don’t worry ...unicorn Shi ..you better take care of kS. YB nods & says for sure. Very sensitively done scene . 

Later YB & MD alone ..yB thanks Md ..they shake hands . I wanna cry 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4

Back to the island. MD is fixing the sign on KS' shop I think. So nice MD. He's come to sit down and eat with his parents. They made a lotttt of food. I guess to try and cheer him up. Man they're making me hungry. KS calls and MD's dad answers. He's gotta go pick them up. MD says something to him which makes his mom look sad. Think MD trying to put on brave face. Oh wow, MD is there to greet them. KS pulls her hand away from YB when she sees him. They go to sit down somewhere to talk. KS feels awkward to sit down. I think they are on the 2nd island. The one they take to get to the main island. KS apologizing to MD. Guess MD giving YB the whole obligatory you better take care of her talk. Can we finally have peace between these two? YB smiling and nodding at what MD is saying. YB now thanking MD by himself, I think for letting KS go. They shook hands, awwwwwwwww. A "man" handshake. KS and YB get on the boat for MD to take them back. KS accepts YB's hand, even with MD watching. All seems right with the world.

• Like 3

MD's parents greet the three of them off the boat. They take MD and run off with him. KS looks concerned. YB gives her a pat like it's OK. Awww I think YB is nervous that Grandma doesn't like him. Grandma is making food with one of the old ladies. DC's parents come by. Guess they are eagerly anticipating Top Boyfriend arrival. OK old lady seems to be spilling a secret about YB. It's gotta be some misunderstanding. Grandma looks aghast. Lol oh lord I need to know what was said. 

YB and KS arrive. Grandma just gets up and walks off. This must be the obstacle they are facing. 

• Like 3

All three walk together back to the village . Even MD parents are awesome..welcoming Ks & YB openly ..kS feels touched & a little bad . yB gives her an understanding look 

YB ask KS if grandma will be ok with him. She says grandma likes him. But he’s unsure of it 

Omg ..suddenly the forgetful grandma remembered what she overheard YB saying on the phone . It’s not good ..grandma looks sad .  I think they all think he’s got another woman? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, turtlegirl said:

MD's parents greet the three of them off the boat. They take MD and run off with him. KS looks concerned. YB gives her a pat like it's OK. Awww I think YB is nervous that Grandma doesn't like him. Grandma is making food with one of the old ladies. DC's parents come by. Guess they are eagerly anticipating Top Boyfriend arrival. OK old lady seems to be spilling a secret about YB. It's gotta be some misunderstanding. Grandma looks aghast. Lol oh lord I need to know what was said. 

YB and KS arrive. Grandma just gets up and walks off. This must be the obstacle they are facing. 

I think I know. When YB was on the phone with NJ, he shortened “dating idiot” into two words which could also mean “impotent” or something like that. 

• LOL 3

Just now, turtlegirl said:

Remember yoobaek was upset with namjoo for giving bad dating advice. And called each other dating idiot. Somehow it sounds like eunuch or something. The forgetful grandma overheard. 

That was probably the reason. Oh dear.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

OK, YB and KS are kneeling in front of Grandma, I guess asking for her blessing. Everyone is watching and cringing. What is being saiddddddd. It seems like she approved for a second then she was like Wait and YB and KS' faces turned to disbelief. Now YB and KS are begging pretty much. Everyone on the sidelines doing like a play by play like it's a football game lol. Grandma walks off. She does not approve I don't think. KS goes off after her. OK, they're like it's cuz what old lady heard over the phone. YB is like WHAT no that's not what that was. (Sorry I have no idea what the misunderstanding is but I am sure it's super funny). Everyone seems relieved that the misunderstanding was just that. Poor YB just sweating bullets though. 

• Like 3

YB & KS arrive home ..oh dear ..it’s a little bit tense & some how funny ..lots of whispers about YB secret ...the couple kneeling in front of grandma ...hmm she’s Not approving of them & walks away , clearly she misunderstood.  The other villagers who were there tell him it’s because of what he said over the phone call...he had to explain himself . It’s a slang problem. These villagers are nuts ..clapping at his explanation., driving him nuts 

• Like 3