Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

I am sorry that it is not directly related to the thread but I couldn't help myself. 

Jeon Somin won Top Excellence Awards in SBS Entertainment Awards. Chukhaeyooooo Eonni:heart:

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I'm telling you guys, I am really starting to think that wedding pic really is MD and KS. Her face looks very unhappy in it. But there's no way they're actually getting married. But, YB will be heartbroken again if they start to go through with the wedding, even though it won't actually happen. I just want them to be together already!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ahhh I couldn't watch the livestream cut was at the same time as the KBS Song Festival. Huhu sorry

Wow, I can't believe YB went there fast. At least they didn't drag the angst for too long buuut I think we will get another one next week. :( If the wedding is really for KS and MD, I hope YB comes and stops the wedding orr that KS says no. :( Follow your heart, Kang Soon-ah! :(

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Reminder for us all : KS will end up in YB's bed. At some point. Just think we all need that reminder after the preview. Lol. OK, I really have to go now. Putting off leaving cuz I want to stay and discuss!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

p 8 preview. Oh my what is going on?

I believe she agreed to marry MD because it seemed like the logical thing to do. After all , MD is a great guy..she knows him well, their families are happy ...it seems like a perfect union...but she is obviously not happy ...her heart lies elsewhere...

Edit : yes just saw your post above

You remember this which stroppyse translated earlier ( referring to the last few seconds), it's for eps 8. TVN posted this summary plus one  scene  which was not shown tonight but for eps 8 where KS was crying and MD was looking at her

Spoiler

KS: Every time I see it, probably…probably, someone is piercing me. (me: This means that he comes to mind and disturbs her.)
MD: Kang Soon, to me, you’re my past and my present. And now, I don’t want to lose my future together with you. Couldn’t you do it? (meaning couldn’t she marry him and make her future with him)

Let's see if @stroppyse can help us translate the preview:.

SO the wedding pic could be MD _ KS...but notice how uncomfortable MD is ...he is aware that KS is not happy 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6

Eh its pretty dumb she is a grown person she should know rather she love someone or not this is pretty wishy washy of her dont like it.

• Like 4

Gosh I’m getting a headache from all this see-sawing between YB and MD. Gotta go coz have to wake up early for my trip. Will watch the ep with subs tmr to see if I’m gonna be upset or not. :anguished:

• Like 4

@joonminfan enjoy your trip.  I know  what you mean...today's episode left me feeling not so great.  7 episodes of 11 and the female lead is still unsure of what she wants is making me upset. So I agree with @dramaninja. I will wait for subs and see

27 minutes ago, butwhatever said:

Ahhh I couldn't watch the livestream cut was at the same time as the KBS Song Festival. Huhu sorry

Wow, I can't believe YB went there fast. At least they didn't drag the angst for too long buuut I think we will get another one next week. :( If the wedding is really for KS and MD, I hope YB comes and stops the wedding orr that KS says no. :(Follow your heart, Kang Soon-ah! :(

I know rite ...urghhhh...I think she's always lived a life for someone else - grandma- that she has not come to terms with what she wants...

honestly I feel super bad for YB...he's giving up a lot to be back in the island. To me after his confession, she should clearly realise why he came back.  It is obvious it's for her ...

27 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

Reminder for us all : KS will end up in YB's bed. At some point. Just think we all need that reminder after the preview. Lol. OK, I really have to go now. Putting off leaving cuz I want to stay and discuss!

ahahaha now I know why JSM put that on her iG...to give  viewers like us some hope :D

• Like 4

Ep 8 preview translation

KS: I must really be a dummy, without any awareness. I didn’t even realize how oppa felt.
MD: Oh, our little ugly one, now you’re smiling.
MD: I even confessed to her, so being that is better than just being the same comfortable oppa.
MD Father: Mother, what would you think about our Ma Dol as a grandson-in-law.
Grandmother: I would love that so much!
Everyone: Great! It seems that we'll eat noodles thanks to Kang Soon and Ma Dol! (me: noodles are traditionally served at weddings)
YB: They mistakenly think that you like Choi Ma Dol-sshi.
KS: Whether I get married or not, what does that have to do with you?

Man: It's a happy event! Such a happy event!
MD Father: After the two of you get married, let’s form one big household!

Man: To our Kang Soon and Ma Dol, cheers!
KS: Oppa is a very important person to me.
MD: You oppa is always going to be by your side, so just trust this oppa.
KS: But, oppa, I keep thinking about that person.

edit: Despite the background music, I fixed the translation, so I'm happy it's accurate now, even though it doesn't really change the substance.

It seems as if KS is going to allow it to go all the way up to the wedding ceremony despite not being happy about it since MD is important to her, and everyone she loves wants it to happen. I think MD is going to be the one to ultimately stop the wedding, realizing that he can't let KS marry him when she's in love with another man, thus letting her go, and showing that he is really a good oppa to her. Or perhaps KS will realize that she would be doing both all three of them, meaning MD, YB, and herself, a grave injustice to marry her oppa who she doesn't have those kinds of feelings for. Anyway, it seems to be well into the angst portion of this drama.

Edited by stroppyse
changed clip to YT version
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 4

Yeah  she is a idiot and annoying  one at that  he wasted no time in coming back to you yet you decide o accept someone else proposal because he is a good person like really?

She act like he did  something wrong too  I really dont get it, its a cruel thing to do to someone he is sitting right their while they celebrating   this.

I am sorry but she going to have to do alot to make for this   it makes no sense whatsoever

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

KS: Whether I like him or not, what does that have to do with you?

@stroppyse thanks loads....but urghhh this line she spouts to YB hurts...how can she not know. Isn't it obvious why he came back to the island? There's nothing there for him but her , and this was right after the whole confession and proposal in seoul. Urghhhhh

---------

Lol...are we ever getting a good proper kiss ? It will be a waste of JSM and KJS 's talents...sigh...

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, triplem said:

@stroppyse thanks loads....but urghhh this line she spouts to YB hurts...how can she not know. Isn't it obvious why he came back to the island? There's nothing there for him but her , and this was right after the whole confession and proposal in seoul. Urghhhhh 

Hey @triplem, actually, I ended up fixing that line of quotation after I got a chance to listen to your version of the preview which has slightly clearer audio. KS is saying whether she gets married or not, what does that have to do with YB. So, it's not that she's not clear on not liking MD romantically, it's that she feels that she should marry him for the sake of his happiness and the happiness of all the people in the village whom she loves.

Also, the line is in response to YB telling KS to correct the impression that KS' grandmother and everyone else has that KS likes MD and want to marry him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Hey @triplem, actually, I ended up fixing that line of quotation after I got a chance to listen to your version of the preview which has slightly clearer audio. KS is saying whether she gets married or not, what does that have to do with YB. So, it's not that she's not clear on not liking MD romantically, it's that she feels that she should marry him for the sake of his happiness and the happiness of all the people in the village whom she loves.

Also, the line is in response to YB telling KS to correct the impression that KS' grandmother and everyone else has that KS likes MD and want to marry him.

Wow this make me even more angry really what does the village happiness have to do with anything? So you own happiness and YB happiness are worthless?Like I mention she has to do alot to make of for this stupidity.

I really dont like her right now thats for sure.

• Like 5

If they are going to take it all the way to the marriage and then break it off for the leads to reunite, it will be like those Indian soap operas. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Honestly I was starting to expect the wedding to be KS and MD. But I also thought YB would still be out of the picture at that point. To think he came back, and she's going to be discussing this wedding in front of him, and then go through with it. It's definitely not fair to YB and very hurtful. Why is our lovely show going in this direction ? :huh: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

11 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Thanks @stroppyse. Okay I understand now. So YB is aware she is doing this not for love but out of obligation. 

so the running back story here is that KS has never really made choices purely for herself and her own desires. She gave up her dreams to study , now she's sacrificing her true feelings .

@turtlegirlThis writer is killing me - being an 11 episode drama , every episode is precious ...I really need to see OTP progress :astonished:

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Wow this make me even more angry really what does the village happiness have to do with anything? So you own happiness and YB happiness are worthless?Like I mention she has to do alot to make of for this stupidity.

I really dont like her right now thats for sure.

I understand your sentiment, but I also feel sympathy for KS. Growing up in a small tight-knit community as she has, so thankful to her grandmother as well as to the other villagers as she is, cherishing MD as she does albeit as a brother, and being a kind and dutiful girl as she is, I understand her conflicted feelings of wanting to do what everyone wants and is happy for her to do. Her own personal happiness is also partly tied up in the happiness of her grandmother and her community. It would be stranger for her, and out of character, to not give a fig for anything other than what she wants or doesn't want.

Also, for KS to reject MD out of hand because of what she may or may not feel for an outsider who she's still not sure belongs in her life anyway would be tantamount to a slap in their collective faces. I know that YB has confessed to her and everything, but it's not as if YB and KS are an established couple yet. Nor does KS have any certainty that she wants to be with YB and his crazy life or that he's not going to get tired of her. Versus her grandmother, MD, and the villagers who have been there for her her whole life.

So, I don't hate KS for her dithering right now, though I think she is making poor decisions. But, I think she will come to realize that. She would be living a lie for the rest of her life if she marries MD, while hoping that she can come to love MD in that way while forgetting about YB. And, that is not being fair to MD as well as to herself or to YB.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3