Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

I think I read somewhere that the PD for TSYB is the same PD in one of the Reply 1988 series. It must be why it has the same homey feel + 80s feel to it. :)

oh my, I was worried they will just air special episodes tomorrow since it's the holidays but good thing they will air Ep7. The buzz must have been getting big that's why they're doing specials. Great job to the team!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, butwhatever said:

I think I read somewhere that the PD for TSYB is the same PD in one of the Reply 1988 series. It must be why it has the same homey feel + 80s feel to it. :)

oh my, I was worried they will just air special episodes tomorrow since it's the holidays but good thing they will air Ep7. The buzz must have been getting big that's why they're doing specials. Great job to the team!

Actually the PD for this drama did a personal favourite of mine - plus nine boys. It was a beautifully told drama with great soundtrack as well . Yes , very happy to see that the drama is getting good buzz. The best surprise he can give us is a kiss at the end of this Friday’s episode ..haha . Slim chances of course , but I’m a hopeless romantic . :lol:

@stargazer187  There’s a preview . Check two pages ago. Stroppyse translated there . Prepare your heart. 

I need more hot gifs @supergal99

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ah... poor MD! He shouldn't propose her after learning that her heart goes with YB. 

I see that they don't stay together. This separation makes YB and KS to think about their feelings for each other deeper. And I hope KS won't give any hope nor accept MD if she didn't love him. 

What special episode? When?

• Like 5

She is not giving him any hope now. She all but directly told him she is not love with him and ran off with another man when they were on a date for Goodness sakes. Now he will see her miserable and constantly thinking of said man. In short he is in love by himself. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Ah... poor MD! He shouldn't propose her after learning that her heart goes with YB. 

I see that they don't stay together. This separation makes YB and KS to think about their feelings for each other deeper. And I hope KS won't give any hope nor accept MD if she didn't love him. 

What special episode? When?

It’s just a recap of eps 1-6. EPS 7 is still on for tomorrow night . 

So true @RobinM . MD never really had a chance. She is always brushing it off whenever  he playfully suggested getting married.

I’m just wondering how Long they will drag the angst btwn the OTP.  Only wiki says it’s 12 eps but tvN schedules don’t confirm anything . So far there’s no news of the next drama that will take over TSYB. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

Their relationship hasn't even started yet but now they have to separate. Poor KS and YB. Seeing KS cry hurts me 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

@triplem Next season of Rude Miss Young-Ae starts next but’s thats in February. Not much help LoL

I did some digging , the Korean wiki puts it at 11eps . So last episode on 25 Jan. 

https://ko.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/톱스타_유백이

https://wiki.d-addicts.com/Top_Star_U-back

edit to add : look at @autumnflowers post below - good news - isn’t this YB’s room??? JSM iG update 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Spoiler

Look look that's YB's bedroom right??? 

32 minutes ago, triplem said:

I did some digging , the Korean wiki puts it at 11eps . So last episode on 25 Jan. 

https://ko.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/톱스타_유백이

https://wiki.d-addicts.com/Top_Star_U-back

edit to add : look at this - good news - isn’t this YB’s room??? JSM iG update 

We posted it almost at the same time :D yep that's definitely his bedroom. That's his pic on the nightstand

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

Yeah no worries @autumnflowers. I’ll remove mine . I’ll merge your posts as well ( no consecutive posting encouraged within an hour with the exception of live caps ) & remove the quoted IG. 

• Like 4

Thank you beautiful people! We obviously don’t have to worry about her accepting MD now ;) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Yahoooo made my morning :D Thank you thank you thank you! Wonder what episode they are filming now hrmmm. Then again, they've been posting pics on their IGs that are old. So maybe it'll be this week! Haha wishful thinking. Also, glad to hear it is 11 episodes. That's at least 1 more than we thought we'd be getting. 

• Like 4

Good morning chinggus! It's finally Friday!!! :wub: I re-watched Eps 1 - 4 over the past few days and I have finally convinced myself that YB and KS will be end-game. There is no other ending in my mind. That's that.:sweat_smile:

Anyway, about that hourglass in YB's bathroom. The first time we saw it was in Ep 1, when YB was taking a soak in the bathtub after the whole Awards Show fiasco. He was looking vexed, what with finding out about his mum, him saying harsh words to her, and creating a scandal at the Awards Show. The sand was flowing downwards, which is expected coz, you know, gravity. 

The sand started flowing upwards against gravity in Ep 2, while YB was taking a soak like kimchi in the plastic tub in KS's house. He had just fainted in the day, woke up from his nightmare about being poisoned by his fan and then betrayed by his mum, stumbled out of the house, crying while staring out at the sea and the women divers, seeing KS smiling and waving at him, feeling touched by Grandma's efforts to feed him and finally eating what Grandma cooked. He was recalling seeing KS waving at him, and the sand flowed upwards.

Next, in Ep 4, the sand moved upwards again when NJ was taking a soak in YB's bathroom. This was immediately after the scene of KS and YB having fun while catching crabs at night.

The next time the hourglass appears is in Ep 6. KS was the one who noticed that all the sand is now in the upper compartment. By this time, we know that YB has fallen head over heels for KS, getting jealous and anxious when thinking of MD and KS spending the night together on another island, rushing over there and planning the surprise for KS, then earnestly and sincerely asking KS to give him 24 hours to convince her.

I think, the hourglass is YB's heart. It was completely empty, devoid of anyone or any feelings he might have for anyone. Finding out about his mum in Ep 1 was the absolute last straw for him, and telling her that he will treat her as if she were dead meant that he had already emptied his heart of any person and any feelings. But his "heart" started filling up after he met KS. By Ep 6, his heart had been full of feelings towards her, and that's what KS was looking at in that bathroom.

Gosh, I'm so bad at all this analysis stuff. But I enjoyed doing this. Never before have I been so obsessed with a drama till I'm analysing it like a Literature text. :grimace: Ok, gotta get to work now. Enjoy your day, chinggus, and let's look forward to Ep 7 tonight, angst and all! Bring it on, Show!

@stroppyse thank you so much for translating all the text in the photos. Sorry if it took up your time, but I really wanted to know what they said.

@ktcjdrama I was thinking that the strange man may be KS's dad too. I hope they develop that part of the story soon, and not make us wait too long to find out who he is and if he is actually significant.

• Like 7

Guyzzzzzzz ...squeals

Be still your heart now @joonminfan....kkkkk can you concentrate at work ? :D 

@RobinM The angst won’t last Long !!!!

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, triplem said:

Guyzzzzzzz ...squeals

Be still your heart now @joonminfan....kkkkk can you concentrate at work ? :D 

@RobinM The angst won’t last Long !!!!

Gosh, @triplem I almost squealed out loud in a meeting!!! Oh my... And notice that KS was wearing the same clothes as in Ep 7 preview when she was in his room looking at his things, and sitting alone in the dark crying? Was it the same clothes??? Or am I imagining things???

• LOL 2

22 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

Gosh, @triplem I almost squealed out loud in a meeting!!! Oh my... And notice that KS was wearing the same clothes as in Ep 7 preview when she was in his room looking at his things, and sitting alone in the dark crying? Was it the same clothes??? Or am I imagining things???

I rewatched the preview, yup  it’s the outfit she’s wearing while moping around. Let’s hope it’s not just her imagination :D . But she’s back in her own room for the guitar scene , so my hope is high that he’s really back in the island 

A7BE86D7-0020-42FC-9D2E-CA00D3AB3018.png

Fan made mv

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6

I certainly hope it’s not her imagination either but if it is well then it’s just her realizing more and more that she can’t live without him.  I knew that guitar would show up again as he had one in his place as well. 

• Like 5

@joonminfan I love your beautiful analysis.

@triplem omg thank you so much for those photos. How will I sleep tonight?

So I'm spending time with my family for the holidays and they pretty much think I'm crazy. My father said, "so let me get this straight. You were moping around because you thought your couple was breaking up or something. But now you're jumping around the house like a maniac cause they're not breaking up now?" Lol pretty much. 

By the way, I'm going to try really really hard to watch the live stream. Not sure I'll get to finish it, but I'll try. And I'll try to get on here and recap. 

Yaaay for Friday!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

15 hours ago, triplem said:

I need more hot gifs @supergal99

:glasses: ah o..kay --> careful ah *hot*:

(Make sure u borrow JSM's mini fan hahaaa:P)

Spoiler

gUBnror.jpg

dJ2opo2.jpg

a5Ghsj0.jpg

Heee.... :tounge_wink:

Poke @stargazer187 so sorray me no time to hangout at +/- thread:grimace:. Oh ok i will post something at MOA -- juz for u hahaaaa (ok chill dont vomit ya:tounge_xd:)