Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

Hi @romance06 and @heyyoooo Welcome to the forum. I am glad we can all come here and comfort each other!! It's gonna be rough waiting this next week. And it's the Holidays, we are supposed to all be happy. Why do they give us this sadness now???

@joonminfan I love how even though her idol was playing, KS was looking only at YB :heart:

• Like 5

Aww, poor confession gone awry.

Translation of video:

YB: Oh Kang Soo, it’s because you’re bit of a country hick that you don’t understand, but the fact that I even made this entire confession is a miracle for you. Any other woman receiving such a romantic event as this would have just keeled over (in delight).
KS: Really. Well in that case, why would you confess to such a country hick like me?! Why wouldn’t you try it with some refined Seoul woman?!
YB: That’s right. I should have done that.
KS: That’s right! That would have been better! Finishing this confession is an important matter! Huh? (headbutts YB who falls down then walks away)
YB: Oh Kang Soo, where are you going? Oh Kang Soo, wait a minute! Don’t go! You’re going to regret it! What is this? What went wrong?

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 2

Actually, this clip precedes the last clip I translated of the rooftop confession. Blame the order on @triplem since I just took them from her post. :D

Video translation:

YB: You gave me the signal that it’s okay to kiss you, so I did.
KS: When did I?! I was so shocked that I just closed my eyes for a moment is all.
YB: Okay. I’ll acknowledge that I was hasty. However, did you dislike it?
KS: The kiss?
YB: No. Not the kiss, the confession. Why do you keep talking just about the kiss? Did it affect you that much?
KS: No! I didn’t like it! I hated it!
YB: Which one? The kiss or the confession?
KS: Kiss! No, no, that isn’t it. Confession! Both of them!
YB: Then, should we make a determination?
KS: What? (YB takes a step closer) What are you doing?
YB: How is it? When you see me, don’t you feel fluttery and full of anticipation? (cups her face)
KS: Not hardly! Not hardly at all!

How could KS not fall for his intimate tone of voice and when he cups her face so softly? Oh my...

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, turtlegirl said:

@joonminfan yes that's half of the sadness. the other half is when they do part ways and then when he distracts the paparazzi. :heartbreak:

Ok I’m still stalking IG for that. Oh no, I think I’m gonna cry!!!

• Like 4

I dont think it that sad he just have to live with her! He likes it there too,I assume that is what going to happen.

• Like 5

Urghh .  I’m reading you all . @joonminfanI saw some cuts on IG , I’ll go back & watch it raw. My heart is breaking but I’m also hopeful. It’s clear the feelings are both ways. However it is really not easy to date an A lister . It is a terrible culture shock for our gal. She’s lived a sheltered country life . Then suddenly thrown into this . How are they going to reconcile their differences? That’s why she’s going to say no

But this drama is called TOP Star Yoo Baek for a reason . He’ll have to decide if he can give up the celebrity life for love. and she’ll have to decide if she can cope with the madness that comes with being with a celebrity 

@turtlegirl Thanks for the recaps 

@stroppyse Thanks for the translations .  

These are big hurdles to jump over for a couple that has barely started 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok I can’t do this anymore. I’ve got a raging headache. Need to sleep. Will translate the Chinese subs as soon as I can. Got a feeling I’m gonna cry as I do that. 

@turtlegirl thanks for all the live updates. How can you ever go back to work in peace now? 

@triplem go watch the raw. I’ll cry with you tmr.

@stroppyse thank you for the translations. Really appreciate it.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

I just translated the second page of this clip which contains what YB says to KS as they get ready to part.

DC Text: I’ve arrived in front of the door.
YB: Oh Kang Soon, listen to me carefully. I really wanted to take you there, but I don’t think I’ll be able to. When we leave here, I’m going to take the elevator down, while you take the emergency exit stairs and go to where Dong Choon is. Understand? Grandmother is going to be fine. Don’t worry too much. Okay? Let’s go.

I found this scene really moving. YB is absolutely thinking of what's best for KS who is frantic with worry over her grandmother. Even though, he wants to be the one to be there for KS and take her to her grandmother, he decides to serve as the distraction so that KS can get away. He's slowly coming to the point where he is not the focus of himself at all times.

I may not proceed with this drama for the time being, however. I don't know if I can face the angst that is sure to come. But, if you find more clips that you're curious about, tag me, and I'll do the translations if and when.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Hello, finally unlurking. :) I broke my No Kdrama Until I Finish Reading My Book Rule because I saw a few clips of the show and got hooked. :o Now, I'm back to anxiously waiting for new episodes every week, just like I did with the previous dramas I watched. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing. Hehehe

I saw clips of the last few scenes in today's episode and oh my, I'm sad for them that something like this happened. :((

Spoiler

Both KJS and JSM portrayed their emotions really well here. :(((

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@joonminfan I'm pretty much useless at work after this episode. Doesn't help that it's right before Holiday so everything is super slow. Think I'm gonna find some manual labor to do around here. I will be like Teacher...exercise to get rid of the tension inside me! I hope your headache gets better and you sleep well :heart:

@stroppyse Thank you for that last translation. I love too that he said "I really wanted to take you there, but..." and put her needs first. He knows how much she loves Grandma. I can only imagine the pain he is feeling to see her so upset. 

• Like 5

My god the tension here is fire :P. This PD is such a tease 

And YB is a straight up decent guy . He held back & was respectful of her . Even here , he was so shy to touch the undergarments   :lol:

This is most definitely the look of love . The way KS looks at  YB :wub:

Spoiler

I root for YB more than ever today especially with the ending scenes. He did the right thing by making himself the bait. 

@joonminfanGet some much needed rest . @turtlegirl I won’t be able to sleep till I watch it raw. :astonished:

Welcome to the thread @butwhatever. I know the feeling of waiting anxiously every week for the one episode 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Okay one more post from me . As heartbreaking as this is , it’s somewhat really sweet in a realistically tragic kind of way. 

She was still hanging on to him  , but he selflessly let her go 

when the bell went off as she looked in the mirror , it’s like Cinderella’s time is over.  

Post this here for continuity 

Spoiler

When she finally got into the car , she was not just crying for grandma. I think it’s all been overwhelming and  I also believe she’s wondering how she could fit into his world

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

@triplem thank you for posting the clip of the last scene. My heart hurt for both of them. :'( I think Kang Soon and the rest of the people in the island didn't really take Yoo Baek's "Top Star" persona seriously. Since they don't have TV and internet, they're a bit cut off from keeping up with the entertainment world; they're still in the 80's phase, enjoying 80's music and fashion. They just see Yoo Baek as having a big persona and is someone from the city and Kang Soon coming to Seoul made her see how big of a star Yoo Baek really is. Yeah, I guess that realization has overwhelmed her, add on to that the sad situation happening with her beloved halmeoni. 

I may be digressing a bit but I hope that realization doesn't keep them apart for so long (yep, I've accepted that we will get the Angst in the next episode) cuz we need more cute and loving scenes between the two. :'(

• Like 6

Take heart friends! Into every drama a little angst must fall! They will soon realize living without each other is not an option and work it out... this is a rom com not a melodrama after all ...and we still have that tantalizing “bed” scene to look forward too:)

• Like 5

First thing I did when I woke up was to come here. Wanted to reply everyone then got Super distracted by @RobinM: what bed scene?!?! :kiss_closed:

@turtlegirl was this the Super angsty part you were talking about? Gosh! YB looked so so so sad. :bawling:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@joonminfan it’s not all that thrilling LOL  many pages ago someone posted photos of the leads being filmed apparently at his house, presumably in his room with her lying down and him standing near. It’s very intriguing though.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I posted that one . I’ll try to dig for it later . But she was in the red dress , which she wore on MD’s date . So not sure if they eliminated that 

i watched the raw till 3 am last night . Nuts !  It was good , angsty as the ending was. 

Anyhow , they must be  deep into live shooting , so no preview yet . But hehe BTS - shower scene 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I can see they might have edited that out. He is certainly as nervous and hesitant as long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs about going farther with her. Maybe a scene like that was considered too much for where they are at.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2