Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

1 hour ago, turtlegirl said:

I like how Grandma encouraged YB to kiss KS. Now she just needs to encourage them to get busy making her some (great) grandbabies :P

I really love this line from YB - YB: Don’t worry, I won’t do anything that you are not willing to do. But if you are willing, no matter what it is that you want me to do, I will do it for you. 

Also I really loved the part with KS comforting YB, telling him what a great person he is, and to come to her whenever he feels pain. My heart burst :heart:

Ok so I was just sitting here and realized that in the preview, it's an hourglass that falls at MD's feet before he gets struck by the motorcycle. Is it possible it is the same hourglass that was YB's? In any case, I guess it's going to be symbolic since it appears it will start him on his journey to filling his heart with love. I like that.

I also like this episode a lot. Not just because of the kisses, which I replayed lots of times. :love:

I liked how the islanders are very good, kind and decent people. They warmly welcomed YB when he first came to the island, took care of him and fed him. When they found out that he was the one that KS likes and KS therefore will not be marrying MD, they didn’t just simply, blindly side with MD and turn against YB because MD was one of their own. That’s why YB is so happy to remain on the island. It isn’t just because of KS. It’s also because this group of warm-hearted people have embraced him and treated him as one of their own.

MD is really a stand-up guy. No matter how much his heart was breaking, he still chose to do the right thing. I think it helped KS and YB a lot that he reached out first by telling them that he was ok. And how much did I love that manly handshake/hand grip between YB and MD. It was the perfect closure to all the fighting that they had done before. MD is not alone. His parents love him very much, the islanders are behind him, and now he has a capable pretty doctor who has never stopped liking him. 

Doc and Teacher cracked me up. I can’t believe that he used that farting method to ease her embarrassment about her toilet episode, and to tell her that they can be how they are in front of each other.Now they can stay on the island and make lots of babies too, as playmates for YB and KS’s big family. 

The grandma with dementia. Oh my. It was so heartbreaking to see the two old ladies, having depended on each other all of their lives, to have to face such a condition now. Dementia is not an easy condition for a family to deal with, as I’ve had first hand experience. I hope that Grandma doesn’t get too far, and that she will return, and maybe Doc and Teacher can help take care of her. I know that the islanders will be rallying around offering their help.

Grandma and YB are so cute together too. I’m happy that she accepted him without hesitation once she found out that he’s not a eunuch. She knows that he is a good person. And the thing that she said about his mum touched my heart. 

The parts I loved most? Our SoonBaek couple and their tender, warm, funny, sexy moments. I loved how YB was always looking at KS as if she is the most wonderful, prettiest, cutest person ever. He is so proud to be with her, and show her off. I loved how KS can just silence YB with one look. I loved how tenderly he hugs her in bed, stroking her hair. I loved the way she looked at him when she saw all the medicine he has to take. I loved all the conversations they had in his room. I loved their bickering. I loved the hug he gave her when she came back from meeting MD’s dad. I loved how she was staring at him, admiring his handsome face. I loved their fishing date, and how he echoed her words about “really really wanting it” and then proceeding to chase after her. I loved that comedic moment when KS couldn’t bend low  enough to kiss YB. I loved how their bickering at the hideout turned into a swoon worthy make out session in YB’s lap. 

One more episode left. I’m feeling melancholic already. I’m most probably going to replaying all 11 episodes over and over again until I can let YB and KS go.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

dun, dun, dun! :D

• LOL 5

While waiting for our final episode please joins us for the event that @Lmangla posted above...

giphy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------

@joonminfan thanks loads again .

I was so moved by MD taking the high road and really showing what a great gentleman he is. His parents and the village folk too. It will be easy to see why YB  would want to spend most of his free time here as we had predicted at the very start of the drama. This will be like his second home. I really like how the story is being wrapped up. They have laid the foundations for YB and his mum to reconcile and in the preview giving MD a potential love line. Teacher and doc are finally together; all that crazy tension between them :D . They are giving closure for everyone , even our Cupid Nam Joo - lol the face of Dumplings. It's amazing how the writer and PD have been able to weave in so many comical scenes along with giving the drama so much heart. Love the idea that KS will study again and have a shot at achieving her own dreams , and not just merely being Mrs Top Star - shi. 

So my final wishes for the finale...I do want a really deep kiss among the many pecks.   A bed scene .....Also I do want that KS accept YB's proposal. A wedding scene is unlikely but just an indication that they have sealed the deal will  be fab!

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

4 hours ago, triplem said:

So my final wishes for the finale...I do want a really deep kiss among the many pecks.   A bed scene .....Also I do want that KS accept YB's proposal. A wedding scene is unlikely but just an indication that they have sealed the deal will  be fab!

I want to see all that too, including the one that you deleted. :relieved: ok they won’t show the actual thing but the stuff leading up to it would be good enough. :love: sorry, I’m just all excited by the new Guess the Abs Event taking place tomorrow.

I was wondering when the scene of KS with the grandma hair will appear. I was just imagining it to be at the end. She comes and sees the skinship, gets upset and then tries to headbutt YB again. But now YB has a weapon against her. He just puckers up his lips, and all is well again. :kiss_wink::lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Yessss bed scene hahhaha bring it! But if we can't, then one more really hot kiss would be fabulous :naughty:<-----fyi this is supposed to mean I have a head full of dirty thoughts.

Actually I was sharing a lot of clips with my friend yesterday including all the head butts. She's so good at those. Did KJS get injured during filming? Lol ouch. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

14 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

Yessss bed scene hahhaha bring it! But if we can't, then one more really hot kiss would be fabulous :naughty:<-----fyi this is supposed to mean I have a head full of dirty thoughts.

Actually I was sharing a lot of clips with my friend yesterday including all the head butts. She's so good at those. Did KJS get injured during filming? Lol ouch. 

Do Kdramas usually show bed scenes? I’ve never seen one before. But yeah I really want one more hot kiss. No more curtains or sunlight in the way please. The way they were going at it in the hideout tells me that it can be a lot more passionate and intense. Don’t get me wrong, I love the sweet kisses. But I’m sure there’s a lot of passion in our SoonBaek couple too.

:naughty: <— right back at you @turtlegirl ! :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

YB was sitting on the left facing the window when they were having that long deep kiss but when he gave KS those sweet cute pecks he was on the right with the window behind him. Ehm so maybe that hot kiss led to something? And that scene with dozens of pecks happened after that? Ok that's only my imagination lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

35 minutes ago, autumnflowers said:

YB was sitting on the left facing the window when they were having that long deep kiss but when he gave KS those sweet cute pecks he was on the right with the window behind him. Ehm so maybe that hot kiss led to something? And that scene with dozens of pecks happened after that? Ok that's only my imagination lol

I absolutely love your imagination!!! :relieved: now I’m just waiting for the bts of the kiss. I was trying to count how angles the kiss was filmed from, so that I know at least how many takes they took. But I got distracted. Even after watching it countless times. :love:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, joonminfan said:

Do Kdramas usually show bed scenes?

hmm sometimes..but not super explicit of course but you know enough to confirm that the deed was done . Jugglers ( KBS drama) and Tomorrow With You ( tvn ) , Suspicious Partner (SBS) , Misty ( JTBC)  are some examples. But female lead is usually fully covered.  Sample from Tomorrow With You ( recommend this if you like fantasy romance. One of my fave romance stories and best OTP)

Spoiler

From 4th minute

----------------------------

Love how  the Island Virgin demonstrated her changing emotion in this gif...top star shi seems very kissable , it would have been a crime if she shoved him off again :P

2rl7pi.gif

2rl89m.gif

2rl8n1.gif

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

After about my 30th viewing, I noticed some discontinuity with the hand placements. They definitely did a few takes! Hehehe

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

15 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

After about my 30th viewing, I noticed some discontinuity with the hand placements. They definitely did a few takes! Hehehe

they had to breath you know :lol:...one minute kiss in drama land is how many minutes IRL ? I can imagine how many takes...I remember on one of my dramas last year, there was this kiss where the OTP needed to hold one angle for more than 30seconds...TVN even did a countdown in their BTS :lol:. KJS did an elevator kiss in Another Miss Oh and in the BTS they took more than 30 minutes to shoot the scene :w00t:. In an interview, he said he and the actress had swollen lips after that.

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4

:P *phew!* managed to get to see with subs (surprisingly earlier than i expected hahaa:lol:).

This scene is a twist ya? Super embarassing :sweatingbullets::sweat_smile:

uCWEwxd.jpg

Tm8ESRS.jpg

:grimace: and this is super funny (n cute :tongue:) :

fqlE4B2.jpg

Cr clip:

Spoiler

*whisper* @triplem have u tried this position? Ok ok *piak!* (slaps forehead)

:tounge_xd:

1 hour ago, heyyoooo said:
TVN giving us the much needed compilation. Lol 

BTS next please haha

I tried to translate the hashtags:

#comforting_hug

#chopsu_kiss

#sunrise_kiss

#heart-fluttering_pecks

#patpat_hug (I think pat pat refers to the way that YB was stroking KS’s hair while hugging her)

#attic_kiss

#repeatedly (my dictionary translated it to repeatedly / in one breathe, so I guess to refers to the many many kisses YB gave KS)

haha this is all I understood. I second you @heyyoooo! I need the bts of the kiss scene so badly!

• Like 6
  • Love 3

#heartflutteringpecks hehehe

I hope we get something new soon, be it BTS or spoilers for our finale. Time is moving slow again, but I also don't want it to move fast cuz I don't want our lovely drama to end! 

• Like 9

18 hours ago, supergal99 said:

whisper* @triplem have u tried this position? Ok ok *piak!* (slaps forehead)

I have never tried ..:joy:. I don’t think it’s a comfortable position. I feel my back aching at the thought of bending . ..

i need some new spoilers  & agree with you gals for a new BTS - especially the kiss one . Should be tomorrow...And one final shoutout from  KJS with a pic of him with JSM would be lovely . Feels hard to say goodbye 

@tibba Any goodies / insights coming from DC? 

• Like 8

Yazz @triplem me too! A selca would be enough for my shipper heart.

Hopefully tvn will release something tomorrow. Usually they release bts on weds and thurs. 

And yay, people still cant move on from the kiss, im reading comments from naver. They all thought how can a kiss be this beautiful, erotic, cute and passionate all at the same time. Lol

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I was being delulu in my head this morning, thinking it'd be hot if KS got on top of and straddled YB in his bed. Then I remembered her flexibility issue haha and yeah that might not work. So then I started thinking of other positions they could be in...and my mind fell down the gutter...And then I learned a new word to describe me. Byuntae! I am definitely a Byuntae! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

6 hours ago, triplem said:

@tibba Any goodies / insights coming from DC

It's pretty much the same atmosphere there and here. Our friends are looking forward to Friday but also sad because they're not ready to say goodbye to the drama. 

I'm hoping we get a steamier kiss because I know JSM can kiss better than that. She's still channeling tentative, inexperienced Kangsoon so maybe we get something hotter once Kangsoon gets used to Yoobaek's kisses, yes? :D

Spoiler

Someone posted this on DC. 

w7ipR8V.jpg

eMvlLpg.jpg

g2UOpiX.jpg

What do we think? It does seem like the same outfit right? Because if so it means Kangsoon ends up in his bed again after seeing him with another actress lol I can't wait.

Also does this seem like Yoobaek has his tux on? So perhaps he goes to the awards show, announces his relationship and proposes to her after? Or before? 

Qufe8MI.gif

They're sooo cute. KJS makes me so weak lol how to be JSM, like girl manages to s̶n̶o̶g̶ snag both KJS and HSJ in her dramas. It'll be super cute if all three hang out together irl. Just thinking about it makes me giggle heh like that would be one party I'd want to crash :P

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

@tibba good catches! I wasn't looking close enough but yes it does appear YB is wearing a tux and KS definitely has the ring on her finger. So that must be the proposal. Awwwww. Didn't his stylist post a pic of him in a tux recently? We should compare the tux in that pic to the tux in the preview at the awards show and see if it's the same, cuz it could be 2 separate instances.

As for the bed scene, yes, it does look like the same outfit! That scene was filmed a long time ago though and we all wondered what happened to it! Did they film out of order? Maybe? I hope we get it and I hope it leads to something steamy!! 

Edit: Look I finally figured out how to insert the dang IG posts. All I have to do is copy and paste the URL and it does it for me. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol. Anyways, here's the pic his stylist took. I compared it to the awards show. It could most definitely be the same. Bowtie, check. At the awards show he is wearing a cumberbun (such a funny word) and it looks like he might have one on in the pic, underneath the one-buttoned jacket. What do ya'll think? Will he propose before or after the ceremony?? Hrmmmmmmmmm.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2