Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

11 minutes ago, triplem said:

I believe this is a healing drama. It will be a happy end for all....( agree with you about some of the shows last year...the endings were urghh disappointing to say the least). You can check KJS in 20th Century Boy and Girl. He was the male lead there - sweet fluffy story revolving around family and friendship. He had great chemie with female lead too.

Will definitely check that out. I was pretty surprised when I heard him speak good english. Especially when he says "Espresso" and "Scrambled Eggs". I really don't know but I find it very attractive, sexy, and funny at the same time. :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

15 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Will definitely check that out. I was pretty surprised when I heard him speak good english. Especially when he says "Espresso" and "Scrambled Eggs". I really don't know but I find it very attractive, sexy, and funny at the same time. :D

Yes, we've all been sucked under the KJS sexy spell here. How can one not, honestly? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

25 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

He studied in boarding school in the UK ..hence the proficiency plus he has teaching licence for English and German when he did his Uni...

13 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

Yes, we've all been sucked under the KJS sexy spell here. How can one not, honestly? :sweatingbullets:

ahahaha ....sexy and sweet...he's pretty intelligent too....by the way, my TVN stream links are not working ...I hope yours are...

edit - okay works on my phone.....

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Jiseok even got teaching certificate to teach both English and German. It is no surprise that he can speak the language well with perfect accent. He was educated in England. Went to boarding school that competes with Eton other Elitest schools. He has so called sexy brain. 

Jiseok is also a chemistry station. He matched well as first and second lead. When he was second lead, you often thought he deserves so much better. 

He carried a lot of chemistry with han se yeul in 21st century boy and girl. She has sexy abs edgy vibe. It doesn’t seem a challenge for jiseok to act with her. He seems to like her a lot. Han se yeul is from California versus jiseok from UK. The two seem to have common off screen. Jiseok was praising her and adore her a lot.

i am actually more of a big fan of jiseok with somin but there are other factors I don’t really know about them personally. Somin and jiseok carried very good on screen chemistry. Their off chemistry is very sweet but professional. When they are done with drama, jiseok and somin seem to be very distant. They don’t really acknowledge each other much. Jiseok is very lukewarm with his latest drama that his first. Probably the ratings weren’t good. However, the drama is really good. And hopefully jiseok and somin will continue to make new drama together one day. They are really funny together. I have always been jiseok and somin coupling fan but i wouldn’t go further. Their onscreen chemistry in top star yoobaek is amazing. It shows growth and development. The two are really good working together to make meaningful drama. I think somin is very shy towards jiseok, whom she sees as veteran senior actor. Hopefully they will maintain friendship over the time. I think they are good working together to build something special. If yoobaek have better time slot, exposure, better English subtitles- it will do well. It is well made and written. The popularity is quite a problem. Hopefully they will prevail and overcome the odds. 

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, triplem said:

by the way, my TVN stream links are not working ...I hope yours are...

edit - okay works on my phone.....

That's how it was for me last week. Only on my phone. So I'm not sure about today. Only 4am here, I should be asleep but I'm too excited haha. I'll check the stream in a bit. Glad your have it working in at least one spot! 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, triplem said:

He studied in boarding school in the UK ..hence the proficiency plus he has teaching licence for English and German when he did his Uni...

26 minutes ago, Christina Leong said:

Jiseok even got teaching certificate to teach both English and German. It is no surprise that he can speak the language well with perfect accent. He was educated in England. Went to boarding school that competes with Eton other Elitest schools. He has so called sexy brain. 

Wow.. I didn't know this.. Thanks for the info now I find him even more attractive. Handsome, sexy, and intelligent.. just.. WOW! :love:

I also had a problem with the subtitles. Had a hard time understanding what they say but still I continued to watch because I am really loving this drama. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

10 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Wow.. I didn't know this.. Thanks for the info now I find him even more attractive. Handsome, sexy, and intelligent.. just.. WOW! :love:

I also had a problem with the subtitles. Had a hard time understanding what they say but still I continued to watch because I am really loving this drama. 

I was good at reading between the lines to make sense about the drama. Top star is really good. I have to figure it out and read backwards. However, I also studied their body language and acting. They are very good. They are really top notch acting with comedy, romance and drama in one. Jiseok and somin are very well invested in their role. They made it so real and so much fun to watch interacting each other. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jhjsw said:

The subtitles are not by an official subber. It’s fan subbed & translated from Indonesian/ Mandarin. Sadly no official subbing site took this drama up . Stay tuned here. Joonminfan has been very kind in translating the full episodes from Mandarin for us & our translation fairy Stroppyse also translate many cuts / BTS from Korean for us . That’s how we have all been surviving :joy:

@turtlegirl I prefer watching on my pc & typing on my phone with the live caps . I’m slower the other way round . I’ll try my best to support u with the caps 

edit to add...: KJS stylist update...top star shi:love:

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

I can't even with this google translate I just did :lol: http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1642770

TVN 'Top Star Yu Bai Yi' Kim Ji-seok's "Kimi Inking" shot of Ji So-min was released in large quantities. Topstar Euchee Lee, who left only two episodes since the first broadcast in November last year, is leading viewers' sympathy and appreciation every time. As the time goes on, the young actors who have strong acting skills, the sumptuous performances of passionate actors, the witty director of Yoo Hak-chan, and the healing story without MSG have an exquisite balance, making every viewer's remote control use every Friday. Especially, 'Smooth Couple' Kim Ji-seok, acting skill perfectly suited to the character of Jeon Sang-min, and Chemi is one of the reasons for favorable baptism toward 'Top Star Milk.' It is raising the sorrow index of the house theater only by the beauty and the moonlit appearing in chemistry and the smoke breathing, The two men also show off the couch chemi on the outside of the tube. Steele Kim Ji-seok and Jeon Sang-min are rehearsing before the sunrise kiss that confirmed the love of a pure white couple in the play. There are two people who are seriously trying to communicate with each other in the movie theater. In addition, the two people are using a gap between the shooting film to make a smiling smile towards the camera. Now, with a smile, Kim Ji-seok and Kim So-min, who resemble each other in a similar way, have a glimpse of the reason for the honeycomb of a pureblow couples who stir up their anime theater. 

In the meantime, the romance of the pure white couple will go toward the development, and it stimulates the curiosity that the two people can walk a solid flower path.

• LOL 6

2 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

I can't even with this google translate I just did :lol: http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1642770

TVN 'Top Star Yu Bai Yi' Kim Ji-seok's "Kimi Inking" shot of Ji So-min was released in large quantities. Topstar Euchee Lee, who left only two episodes since the first broadcast in November last year, is leading viewers' sympathy and appreciation every time. As the time goes on, the young actors who have strong acting skills, the sumptuous performances of passionate actors, the witty director of Yoo Hak-chan, and the healing story without MSG have an exquisite balance, making every viewer's remote control use every Friday. Especially, 'Smooth Couple' Kim Ji-seok, acting skill perfectly suited to the character of Jeon Sang-min, and Chemi is one of the reasons for favorable baptism toward 'Top Star Milk.' It is raising the sorrow index of the house theater only by the beauty and the moonlit appearing in chemistry and the smoke breathing, The two men also show off the couch chemi on the outside of the tube. Steele Kim Ji-seok and Jeon Sang-min are rehearsing before the sunrise kiss that confirmed the love of a pure white couple in the play. There are two people who are seriously trying to communicate with each other in the movie theater. In addition, the two people are using a gap between the shooting film to make a smiling smile towards the camera. Now, with a smile, Kim Ji-seok and Kim So-min, who resemble each other in a similar way, have a glimpse of the reason for the honeycomb of a pureblow couples who stir up their anime theater. 

In the meantime, the romance of the pure white couple will go toward the development, and it stimulates the curiosity that the two people can walk a solid flower path.

I am trying to between the lines. So far, it sounds like a good review. 

However, I am little mixed up whether they are taking about yoobaek and kangsoon or jiseok and somin. 

• LOL 4

K I had to do another :lol: I really wanna know what it is that KS is gonna say to YB that keeps getting translated to "I wanna blow" :w00t: http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20190117/93740128/2

TVN 'Top Star Yu Baek Lee' Kim Ji Suk - Jang So-min is finally going to start 'Thum-san's full-fledged romance' Kim Ji-seok - TVN 'top star' who has been enjoying explosive popularity with the romantic chemistry and pure- Yoo Baek Lee '(drama Lee So-jung, Lee Si-eun / Directed by Yoo Hak-chan / production tvN) has released 10 trailers of' White Couple Couple's Popo 'and exploits of explosive responses of netizens. (Oh Gak Seok) and Jeon Sang Min (Oh Gang Soon), the hearts of those who see the sound of the gold pound poppulgwa make a leaping semi-neighbors. "We are going to step back slowly from the beginning," he said, suggesting step-by-step skinship like a couple who just started dating. Moodle I'm starting to slowly start again. I can not even kiss you, "he said.

"I want you to hold me and I want you to kiss and blow. It is crazy because I want to kiss without even trying to make a curtain, "said Jang So-min, who publicly explodes and says, In particular, the two men who emanate their instincts at the end of the trailer, regardless of their location, make the clowns ascend to the utmost, making the broadcast more exciting this week. In the meantime, the "Top Star Yu Baek," which will be broadcasted on the 18th (Fri), is scheduled to unfold a full love story of Kim Ji-seok and Jeon So-min, who confirmed their love for each other with a kiss at sunrise. Especially, the romance of a pure-white couple who explodes infinitely like a skinship is already hot and attracts interest to the house theater and already attracts hot attention.TVN 'top star Yu-buk "production team" "After the luck, he said," Please confirm the soundness of the Bok So-min who will be invoked without any attempt at the time of the attempt. "

tvN 'Top Star Yu-Baek Lee' is a top-hit "Yu-Baek" who crossed into the remote island with a big accident and meets the virgin 'Kangsoon' on the Island of Slow Life. On Friday, October 18, 11:00 pm will be broadcast.

• LOL 4

9 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

K I had to do another :lol: I really wanna know what it is that KS is gonna say to YB that keeps getting translated to "I wanna blow" :w00t: http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20190117/93740128/2

TVN 'Top Star Yu Baek Lee' Kim Ji Suk - Jang So-min is finally going to start 'Thum-san's full-fledged romance' Kim Ji-seok - TVN 'top star' who has been enjoying explosive popularity with the romantic chemistry and pure- Yoo Baek Lee '(drama Lee So-jung, Lee Si-eun / Directed by Yoo Hak-chan / production tvN) has released 10 trailers of' White Couple Couple's Popo 'and exploits of explosive responses of netizens. (Oh Gak Seok) and Jeon Sang Min (Oh Gang Soon), the hearts of those who see the sound of the gold pound poppulgwa make a leaping semi-neighbors. "We are going to step back slowly from the beginning," he said, suggesting step-by-step skinship like a couple who just started dating. Moodle I'm starting to slowly start again. I can not even kiss you, "he said.

"I want you to hold me and I want you to kiss and blow. It is crazy because I want to kiss without even trying to make a curtain, "said Jang So-min, who publicly explodes and says, In particular, the two men who emanate their instincts at the end of the trailer, regardless of their location, make the clowns ascend to the utmost, making the broadcast more exciting this week. In the meantime, the "Top Star Yu Baek," which will be broadcasted on the 18th (Fri), is scheduled to unfold a full love story of Kim Ji-seok and Jeon So-min, who confirmed their love for each other with a kiss at sunrise. Especially, the romance of a pure-white couple who explodes infinitely like a skinship is already hot and attracts interest to the house theater and already attracts hot attention.TVN 'top star Yu-buk "production team" "After the luck, he said," Please confirm the soundness of the Bok So-min who will be invoked without any attempt at the time of the attempt. "

tvN 'Top Star Yu-Baek Lee' is a top-hit "Yu-Baek" who crossed into the remote island with a big accident and meets the virgin 'Kangsoon' on the Island of Slow Life. On Friday, October 18, 11:00 pm will be broadcast.

Oh dear. Another google translate. My head is already a mess. Haha 

• LOL 5

Ah, whatever Google Translate says, just make sure to give me lots of cute and sweet and a SUPER HOT kiss please! :love:

• LOL 5

Our kangsoon is in sapporo!!! 

Exactly one hr to go guyzzzzz! Gonna watch the livstream, praying for a steady connection. 

Ep 10 here we commmeeeeeeee

• Like 7

The stream is working well...now pray for my typing skills....kkkkkkkkkk....

• Like 2

They're testing our patience. Playing adverts for upcoming shows and all these commercialssssssss. C'mon it's already 9:06 ahhhhh lol

• LOL 3

I don't watch American TV so I don't have to sit through commercials. But I'm getting my fair share of them right now! Lol it's never endinggggggggggggggggggg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

"I want you to hold me and I want you to kiss and blow. It is crazy because I want to kiss without even trying to make a curtain,

These lines that KS says are from the preview:

""Whenever I see you, I want to hug you and I want to try kissing. Even though it's not the proper order, I want to kiss you so much, it's driving me crazy."

However, the reason it keeps mentioning "blow" and "curtain" is that when they write KS' lines, they write it to sound as if she's saying it with her island accent, so kind of like writing in English: "When'er I see you, I wanna hug you and jest try some kissin'. E'en though t'ain't the proper order, I wanna kiss you so much, it's drivin' me crazyyyy."

The auto translate programs have a difficult time with such attempts at colloquial phonetization.

2 hours ago, Christina Leong said:

However, I am little mixed up whether they are taking about yoobaek and kangsoon or jiseok and somin. 

If it's a drama, they are usually talking about the characters. However, k-media usually use the actors' names as identifiers rather than the characters' names, since the actors' are more readily recognizable, especially for people who may not be watching the drama or may only occasionally be watching the drama who aren't as familiar with the character names.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Finally started 

seems like a flashback of YB calling NJ scolding him for giving bad advice of begging KS & the forgetful grandma overhearing him . That grandma went to tell the other grandma but forgot. Then Long scene of them talking & They see YB leaving the island . They feel sorry to see his go , he wished them good health

• Like 3