Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

On a fun musing note... when they settle down  and she becomes a college girl /Top Stars wife what do y’all think her new style will be..classy yet conservative or Sweet and slightly old fashioned?   Judging by her outfit with the pink coat I would say the latter. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

Gosh the more I think about it, it'd be so nice to get an extra episode. How far in advance do they release tv schedules I wonder...

I think there is a gap because it is seollal Lunar new year holiday. They may do reruns or show other shows for new year. Seollal holidays are very important to Koreans. They go home to their families to spend time together with them. 

Edited by Christina Leong
Corrections
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

On a fun musing note... when they settle down  and she becomes a college girl /Top Stars wife what do y’all think her new style will be..classy yet conservative or Sweet and slightly old fashioned?   Judging by her outfit with the pink coat I would say the latter. 

I think it's the latter too. Like her outfit in ep 6. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, RobinM said:

Kkkkk I thought she was still going for the country ahjumma look....

Spoiler

3 hours ago, joonminfan said:

Updates from TVN. Have we seen the third picture befor

Thanks for the IG translation dear . I see that you & @tibba are headed for Seoul to fix oppa’s lonely heart ..:Px

Don’t think we hv seen the third pic. It does look like a BTS still but I like the idea that all three of them will sit down for a civilised chat , though you never know with Unicorn-Shi & Gentleman-Shi. I do want some sort of closure for MD. Hope he can move on as he deserves happiness as well.

• Like 10

Did anyone notice what looks to be Kangsoon's hanbok on the bed at some point in the bts? 

qMy097V.jpg

I wonder if it was just unceremoniously dumped there for a while during the bts or if there's some story around this lol. I mean she doesn't have any clothes other than her hanbok does she, so she's probably wearing Yoobaek's clothes in this scene? Someone commented their sweaters make them look like a pair of grapes lol. 

Also we have new stills. JSM with those massive pink earmuffs looks like a fluffy bunny ugh so cute.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tibba said:

Did anyone notice what looks to be Kangsoon's hanbok on the bed at some point in the bts? 

oh my...that's a real good catch...my imagination is right now in the gutter ....:w00t:

-------------------------------------------

credit https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/01/top-star-yoo-baek-ep-9-spoilers-kim-ji.html

Top Star Yoo Baek] Ep 9 spoilers, Kim Ji Suk x Jeon So Min x Lee Sang Yeob

Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Article: Naver 'Top Star Yoo Baek' Heo Jeong Min surprised at Lee Sang Yeob's "I'm Jeon So Min's husband-to-be" 

1. [+113,-2]
Nam Jo is such a man.. He's the love cupid, and even helped with the manager's parent's marriage.. 

2. [+78,-2]
Ma Dol is pitiful. ㅠ

3. [+65,-3]
No, but in the preview, Jeon So Min.. is going crazy because she wants to kiss. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+58,-3]
I cried because Ma Dol is pitiful, and when Kkang Soon pulled up her hanbok to put money in her pockets, I burst out laughing. 

5. [+52,-1]
He's cool.. Ma Dol.. But he's pitiful.. 

6. [+17,-0]
Hing ㅠㅠㅠ. 2 more episodes left. Is that real? 

7. [+16,-0]
Ah.. Ma Dol.. It felt like my heart was crushed.. Damn, this drama.. made me cry again.. 

8. [+15,-0]
I cried because of Ma Dol. ㅜㅠ

9. [+14,-0]
Why is Nam Jo so funny? ㅋㅋ

top%2Bstar.png
Article: Naver 'Top Star Yoo Baek' Kim Ji Suk to Jeon So Min, "I miss you.. I love you" straightforward 

1. [+1019,-13]
It's so sad, but interesting.. My heart fluttered.. They have really good acting skills.. Jjang.. A healing drama that makes me feel better. 

2. [+630,-5]
Yoo Baek has never been lonely.. He has a good friend like Nam Jo by his side taking care of him, and he has Kang Soon who came all the way from a faraway island just to check if he's alright..

3. [+629,-9]
This drama airs on Fridays, 11pm, once a week, for 11 episodes..... This is ridiculous. This drama is too much.... 

4. [+245,-2]
Ma Dol is really cool from the beginning to the end... Even when he sent her away.. Anyway, it seems like there are about 10 kisses in the preview for next week, is that right? 

5. [+146,-2]
Ah.. I really like this drama.. It feels like a clean and pure drama^^ Why are Kim Ji Seok, Jeon So Min and Lee Sang Yeob so good at acting? I laughed at Ma Dol's dream, cried because Kim Ji Suk is so pitiful. Don't end this~It's sad.. Scriptwriter, you wrote the story well. It's my style. ♡ The best drama in my heart. ♡♡♡ 

6. [+143,-1]
It would be good if they aired this twice a week, but I really like it because each episode is long.. Really, the cast fits the characters so well...... 

7. [+142,-1]
Ma Dol's father is so cool too.. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Pretty sure the guys will eventually be good friends now that the girl is securely his. The Victor can afford to be magnanimous;)   

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

This is the cut of him talking about the kiss .

@joonminfan I think there’s a Chinese translation 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I love that the interviewer knows what the listeners want to hear about...the kiss of course. Man, KJS' voice is damn sexy too. I want to go to Korea and fight for him too! But I think I am the farthest away and therefore will lose :dissapointed: lol. 

I looked for the hanbok on the bed in the preview, but couldn't spot it. Yeah my imagination is running wild too but I'm 99% nothing like I'm imagining is going to happen. All I can think is she decides to change under the covers. It would only be exciting if YB was in the bed when she did it. Anyways, I love when the girl wears the oversized guy's clothes so I'm looking forward to that.

I wonder when YB will put the bracelet back on KS. I hope they show that moment and it's super sweet cuz when she gave it back to YB it was soo heart crushing. 

The 24 hour countdown has almost begun...eeeee yaaay

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Madol to me, is not really a pitiful character. He is very much like Kangsoon, very innocent, naive, and kind. He was raised in a peaceful village with old fashioned mindset. He is a very manly man with great sense of responsibility. His father gave him responsibility to look after Kangsoon after she lost her parents. They had a lot of memories cherished by each other over the time. 

Another reason I don't think he is that pitiful, he is still very young. That is like mid 20's to early 30's. He still has his youth and sea captain status under his belt. There are a lot of fishes in the sea. Modal has a wonderful parents. His mom can be very weird but at least his dad was able to know what is going on. He was there with Madol thick and thin. He tried to help and at the end, he comforted Madol in his shoulders. Madol has grown to know how special his parents especially his dad means to him. Before, his life was his friendship with Kangsoon. Now, because of that journey, he learned about his relationship with his parents. 

Another hint- Dong Chon said Madol and Yoobaek have weirdest taste in women by choosing someone like Kangsoon. He even wonder what is wrong with their brain and taste. It tells me that Kangsoon is not a woman of great beauty and charming. Dong Chon was raised to see her hitting everyone with her ironclad head and loud mannerism. 

Fate gave Kangsoon to Madol in early age to give him experience of pure love, friendship, responsibility, and hope to make him a man woman would love. He became handsome sea captain. He always takes love considerably with love and kindness. He is protective and very manly man. Fate does not always come with smooth sailing. It does come with a twist, a painful twist, Madol found a competition. Fate also send him another chance (matchmaking date and doctor)  but Madol chose to give it up and ignore it. Fate increased more pain when he is running away from his path, his feelings, and his true happiness. Fate decided to send him dream that Kangsoon was the one who returned the ring. So it forces Madol to reverse it. But Fate is very kind to let Madol know that Kangsoon won't leave if he didn't ask her to go. She will stay with him, and let her love for him to grow over the time. She just need a iron will to cut Yoobaek from her life. It wasn't her first time giving up something without regrets. She gave up school for her grandmother. She didn't regret a bit. She made her living to get seafood from the sea and get the love from the village. She is still content with village life. Madol was able to strengthen his relationship with his father more than ever. His father taught him fatherly love he could use it for his future children. It was both sadness but happiness to have someone to comfort and walk with you. 

Fate has always been good to Madol. It has been teaching him life lessons to be a better man and better husband, father, and friend. His sensitivity has grew with wisdom, not hardening his heart. There are absolutely wonderful and beautiful fishes in the sea for him. The doctor is sweet, smart, affectionate, warm, and cute. She likes him very much! The girl Madol's mom set up with is a very elegant woman. She has taken interest in Madol if Kangsoon wasn't there.  Now he could meet these women with open heart. He has eyes for beautiful things inside and out. 

The thing is that, Madol and Kangsoon didn't have experience with puppy love yet. They didn't have chemistry yet. Madol feels it first. It is almost unrequited love.

It will be wonderful journey for Madol to find his true love and his soul mate. Kangsoon was the girl he loves but the way she loves him, not so much yet unless he confess her more. Kangsoon couldn't deliver it to him right away. She would but it will take a long time. Even though Yoobaek didn't get in the way, their love and marriage is rather simple and small joy just like his parents. However, Madol would want to have a life and relationship like DC's parents. =) Anyway, Fate has something better stored for him. 

I was pondering at the timeline when did Kangsoon fall in love with Yoobaek or who fell in love first. 

I came across the post of Yoobaek grabbing Kangsoon's wrist and when he wanted her to apologise for hitting his head with her infamous ironclad forehead. He stared into her eyes. She was ready to kick, yell, and hit him with her head again. His behaviour has been pissing her off. But in his eyes, Kangsoon fell under the spell and said something from her heart. 

There was saying and belief that eyes are doorway to one's soul. It tells the hint about Yoobaek's  true character. His outer self always got everyone opposite reactions from his true inner self he had been hiding from the world. Kangsoon was already ready to kick, yell, and hit him with her head again. But her iron will has fallen under spell in his eyes, the doorway to his very soul. She must have saw something beautiful inside. How can you possible see closely at someone's eyes make them so sexy or handsome or many you apologise or make us turn into jelly? I think Kangsoon just saw the soul of Yoobaek through his eyes and found something beauty of purity inside of him. When the spell was over, she forgot about it and focus outside. However, it would start to happen over and over again when she saw his eyes again. Her feelings for him increases.

The eyes are the doorway to one's soul. It turned out that for the whole time, Yoobaek has a good heart, pure soul, with so much pain around him that was hidden from the world. No one could be there to comfort him. It still continues to puncture him daily. No matter how he wanted to help his mom, she still puncture him every time. When Kangsoon rejected him, he still comes to see her and try to do it all over again. He was punctured over and over again. Kangsoon rejected him so many times. She did so coldly.  Namjoo said he already threw away his pride because of the pain in his heart. He knew Kangsoon was the one, but she still hurts him so much. He is Yoobaek, the man who loves unconditionally. He only gives up when the ship is already sailed. He gave it up on his mom when she said she didn't want his help. It broke his heart. He felt useless and pushed her away. Kangsoon did that to him. He tried to win her heart and will do anything for her. Yet she pushed him away and hurt him deeply. He begged and told her how lonely he is. She pushes him away. When he thought he saw her at the wedding, it was the time he decided to end it all. When Yoobaek saw Kangsoon when she came all the way down to see him. He was so sad and angry- he was hurt over and over again. Kangsoon still didn't know how much she hurts him. In next two last episode, she will learn his painful past, history, and the truth of the man she loves. She would also realise that he loves her so much to go through all the rejections and loneliness. That is true love Kangsoon will come to receive and bless her with eternal love of Yoobaek. 

I really pity Yoobaek more than Madol. He is so lonely and a very good man. He eventually got his love back to his arms and gaining more friends, and they still love him. I believe Madol is willing to be his friend too. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, triplem said:
7 hours ago, tibba said:

oh my...that's a real good catch...my imagination is right now in the gutter ....:w00t:

Ah ha! Triplem caught u ... (u reading that ...that book? Hahaaa...:tounge_xd:)

JVTHmDu.jpg

Hee... this scene at the wedding is very funny (n cute). 

*whisper* maybe maybe the funny lady doctor might also erhm... apply what she read from that... that book hahahaa~~:sweat_smile:

Ep.9

A21a2Rh.jpg

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, triplem said:

This is the cut of him talking about the kiss .

@joonminfan I think there’s a Chinese translation

PK: the sunrise kiss with JSM

KJS: did you watch it?

PK: of course. It was filmed beautifully.

KJS: that part

PK: KS was still angry at first, but after that she succumbed to her feelings, and placed her hands on YB. The sunrise kiss scene with JSM was filmed so beautifully. How did you feel when you were filming it?

KJS: very cold. It was filmed in Sky Park. It was minus 10 degrees and really cold. Because it was so cold, the both of us don’t really remember it. We tried our best to make it a beautiful scene. The sun was in the background, and that allowed the director to film a beautiful scene. 

PK: who is the one person you are often these days?

KJS: Somin. But after the drama, the person I would like to see the most became PK.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

16 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

PK: who is the one person you are often these days?

KJS: Somin. But after the drama, the person I would like to see the most became PK.

Does this mean they are always hanging out togethe? :D

Thanks dear for the translation, you da best! @joonminfan

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

38 minutes ago, heyyoooo said:

Does this mean they are always hanging out togethe? :D

Thanks dear for the translation, you da best! @joonminfan

Haha I think they spent a lot of time together because of the drama, but now that filming has ended, they are going their separate ways again. KJS will be back to Problematic Men (?) and JSM back to RM. I’m hoping that they can go on each other’s show, coz I’m not ready to let them go yet. :bawling:

It’s Friday chinggus! Finally. I’ve been waiting for this day for so long. :relieved:

@turtlegirl I’m going to keep replaying that radio show. KJS really has a very sexy voice. :love:

• Like 5

New stills ! It’s Friday !!! Kang Soon will get all hot & bothered  :tounge_xd:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Hi everyone, how many episodes does this drama have? 10 or 11? If it's 11 episodes then the finale will air on January 25, 2019? Is that right?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Hi everyone, how many episodes does this drama have? 10 or 11? If it's 11 episodes then the finale will air on January 25, 2019? Is that right?

Hello welcome to the thread . Yes, it is 11 episodes. Finale next Friday , 25 th Jan 

LSY agency update 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, triplem said:

Hello welcome to the thread . Yes, it is 11 episodes. Finale next Friday , 25 th Jan 

Thank you... I thought it was 10 episodes only so I started watching last night and now I can't stop. I'm usually a binge watcher and now I am doomed. :o Well, it's just one week anyway. It's fine. :D 

Anyway, my least favorite genre these days is romcom (can barely finish a drama with this genre) but I think this will be an exception. It's funny how I ship both KJS and LSY with her. This is the first time I am watching KJS as the male lead and I am really loving him. :) I am at episode 5 and still hooked coz I really love their chemistry. This is my first drama in 2019 and I just hope that this will heal me from all the sad endings I've watched for the past year. :D

• LOL 5

4 hours ago, jhjsw said:

Thank you... I thought it was 10 episodes only so I started watching last night and now I can't stop. I'm usually a binge watcher and now I am doomed. :o Well, it's just one week anyway. It's fine. :D 

Anyway, my least favorite genre these days is romcom (can barely finish a drama with this genre) but I think this will be an exception. It's funny how I ship both KJS and LSY with her. This is the first time I am watching KJS as the male lead and I am really loving him. :) I am at episode 5 and still hooked coz I really love their chemistry. This is my first drama in 2019 and I just hope that this will heal me from all the sad endings I've watched for the past year. :D

I believe this is a healing drama. It will be a happy end for all....( agree with you about some of the shows last year...the endings were urghh disappointing to say the least). You can check KJS in 20th Century Boy and Girl. He was the male lead there - sweet fluffy story revolving around family and friendship. He had great chemie with female lead too.

-------------------------

Awwww sweet BTS chemistry

50073986_394734257764772_566186441918591

Spoiler

50500518_394734211098110_858158212614979

49948525_394734191098112_204672932875809

50605848_394734177764780_352777629314580

cr TVN FB 

• Like 6