Quantcast
Jump to content
larus

[Current Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이 - Fridays @ 23:00 KST

Recommended Posts

Hi @turtle0217 . Good to see you here. With Terius ending this week , sniff  , this will make me feel better .

 

The videos coming in are so good . Laughing dying ! I wish this was twice a week now ...

Lol! They use his surf board to dry the fish

 

. He’s really having to adjust  in this island that time has forgotten   :joy:

But the island folks are so sweet ! The ahjummas find him hot lololol.  The fresh seafood looks yums

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Press con 

Photo op. In the 53s , they ask him how a TOP star would pose , lmao , he did a cleopatra pose 

Director & main cast greeting 

Spoiler

 

Full version

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big fan of the leads!! Specially jeon so min!! Watching the vids posted by tvn already feeling the chemistry!! But difficult to choose between two male leads :wub: i m shipping kang soon with both leads haha:D

 

Its only once a week oh dang kill me :bawling::dissapointed_relieved:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@triplem Glad to you are here, too.

 

Yes, I am getting started on my Terius recovery, too. I've been too busy to follow up on the forum, but hopefully for this drama, I will be able to catch up on the forum. Looks like it's going to be a funny comedy drama. Just what I need for my recovery.

 

I watched those trailers, bts and conference videos. Cannot wait. But like @riya988 it's going to kill me, too with only airing once a week. How many episodes is this drama that they only airing once a week? It's such torture.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@turtle0217 Well i have read somewhere that's it going to be 11 ep drama...but not too sure!! Indeed such a pain one ep per week!!! Cast is perfect for this show and somin and sang yeob already nailing their roles as country bumpkin!! Totally adorable :wub:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I read that it’s 11episodes too @riya988. SM & SY were so cute speaking satoori. 

But I hv to say my heart is with KJS ‘s Yoo Baek here. He’ll be a reformed jerk . The way he looked at her in those quiet moments , my heart fluttered . 

Happy to see that the drama , KJS ‘s preparation ( he lost 6kg) etc has been trending on Naver 

Now, let’s pray for subs . Don’t see any official subbers yet 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, riya988 said:

@turtle0217 Well i have read somewhere that's it going to be 11 ep drama...but not too sure!! Indeed such a pain one ep per week!!! Cast is perfect for this show and somin and sang yeob already nailing their roles as country bumpkin!! Totally adorable :wub:

 

I'm sorry, I laughed when you said country bumpkin. Suk Jin called Somin a country bumpkin on running man, when she first came with short hair. Lol. :lol:

 

But 11 episodes is good. I'm guessing it's short that's why they made it once a week only. 

 

@triplem I'm hoping there's subs, too. I am really looking forward to this drama.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excited for Jeon somin and the satoori. 

:blush: BTW, I noticed some familiar faces here. @triplem  @gladys57 were you there on Ha Seokjin- Jeon Somin soompi thread for 1% of something? I am sorry if I mistook you for somebody else.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akiera said:

Excited for Jeon somin and the satoori. 

:blush: BTW, I noticed some familiar faces here. @triplem  @gladys57 were you there on Ha Seokjin- Jeon Somin soompi thread for 1% of something? I am sorry if I mistook you for somebody else.

Hello dear! Yes i was Big fan of that drama and the OTP . They had such great chemie. Happy to hv you join us here . 

——

KJS recently posted on his IG of his recent conversation with Park Bo Gum, showing him support for this drama 

 

The translation:

Our gal posted this 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch: “Top Star U-Back” Cast Explores Vintage Island Sets In Making Video

by Y. Shin

 

7acee4f3b968495cbafd99e84b0b878e.jpeg?s=

“Top Star U-Back” has released a new making video of its cast!

“Top Star U-Back” is about A-list celebrity U-Back (played by Kim Ji Suk) who causes a huge scandal and is exiled to Yeojeuk Island. There, he experiences slow countryside life and begins a romance with Oh Kang Soon (played by Jun So Min). Lee Sang Yeob plays Choi Ma Dol, the top star of Yeojeuk Island who makes a glorious return home on a deep-sea fishing vessel.

In the video, Jun So Min introduces the setting by saying, “Hello, this is Oh Kang Soon’s market at Yeojeuk Island. Kim Ji Suk plays along and asks, “So this is Kang Soon’s market?” to which Jun So Min enthusiastically agrees. The two then reveal that this place is special because this is where Oh Kang Soon and U-Back bicker with one another. Kim Ji Suk points to the second floor and is about to reveal more information about the location, but Jun So Min stops him just in time.

Later, Jun So Min introduces Oh Kang Soon’s hiding place on the second floor. The two express their amazement at all the vintage items in the room, such as cassette tapes from the 70s and figures from old cartoons.

In the next scene, Lee Sang Yeob introduces his “home” as well. He states that this is where Ma Dol’s neighbors hold a welcoming party for Ma Dol after he returns from an overseas trip. He tells the viewers to anticipate Ma Dol and his welcoming party.

 

 

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1263681wpp/watch-top-star-u-back-cast-explore-vintage-island-sets-making-video

 

 

****

Park Bo Gum And Kim Ji Suk Share Sweet Conversation Supporting Each Other’s New Drama

ee2b7e3189b4472c97ab2a412a416ecd.jpeg?s=

Kim Ji Suk shared a sweet interaction he had with Park Bo Gum!

In the conversation, Park Bo Gum wrote, “I think ‘Top Star U-Back’ is going to be so much fun! I’ll be sure to watch it,” and “It’s cold these days, make sure you don’t get sick.” Kim Ji Suk playfully replied, “Don’t lie [about watching the drama]. I know you’re busy with filming ‘Encounter.’ I watched your epic teaser video, that wave was really something. I’ll be anticipating your drama too!”

Park Bo Gum wrote back, “I’ll be sure to watch your drama, even if I have to catch it through re-runs. Good luck, U-Back.” Kim Ji Suk replied, “Thanks, superstar! Good luck to you too, pure-spirited Kim Jin Hyuk.”

 

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1263733wpp/park-bo-gum-kim-ji-suk-share-sweet-conversation-supporting-others-new-drama

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, akiera said:

Excited for Jeon somin and the satoori. 

:blush: BTW, I noticed some familiar faces here. @triplem  @gladys57 were you there on Ha Seokjin- Jeon Somin soompi thread for 1% of something? I am sorry if I mistook you for somebody else.

 

7 hours ago, triplem said:

Hello dear! Yes i was Big fan of that drama and the OTP . They had such great chemie. Happy to hv you join us here . 

 

 

I was a fan of that drama, too. That's was my first drama of Jeon Somin. I was soo crazy for that drama. I even bought the book and comic of it. That's how I knew who Somin was when she joined running man.


Glad that you all are here. I'm sorry, I didn't even recognize you all. Too much drama. :lol:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay !! D-day 

The full YT link in spoiler

Spoiler

 

Posted by KJS stylist ..swipe for more  stills ...

Spoiler

 

This IG has translation of interview during the press con . Lol! It’s funny . KSJ was quick to help her deflect a very uncomfortable question. 

Cute pirate back in Wando island filming 

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looking at the pictures only it was like throwing a city grown up guy into a rural areas with very minimum facilities available or the comfort of the facilities that she is so used to 

 

then i read the synopsis.....and then it hit me another top stars stories :D 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, angelangie said:

looking at the pictures only it was like throwing a city grown up guy into a rural areas with very minimum facilities available or the comfort of the facilities that she is so used to 

 

then i read the synopsis.....and then it hit me another top stars stories :D 

Wahhh Angie, you’re on a drama blitz ..I plan to watch this . I need something fun . Come join me , only once a week. This is TVN’s new Friday 11pm KST slot . Hopefully got subs . Don’t see viki picking it up yet

 

edit to add...our leads reminding us to watch

 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, triplem said:

Wahhh Angie, you’re on a drama blitz ..I plan to watch this . I need something fun . Come join me , only once a week. This is TVN’s new Friday 11pm KST slot . Hopefully got subs . Don’t see viki picking it up yet

 

 

lols yea when im on the blitz.....im that nuts....i almost drown myself out with all types of dramas :D 

 

its starting tonight right?

 

wont be able to join u guys live tonight since we are going for a movie with the whole office....yup company treating us to a Harry Potter - Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald ;) 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@turtle0217 Hiiii nice to meet you here toooooo:D

 

Since it is also about entertainment industry can we expect a lot of cameos?? One from Ha seokjin please. A lobster fight between Top star Ha Seok jin and Oh kang soon.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, akiera said:

@turtle0217 Hiiii nice to meet you here toooooo:D

 

Since it is also about entertainment industry can we expect a lot of cameos?? One from Ha seokjin please. A lobster fight between Top star Ha Seok jin and Oh kang soon.

 

Lol! :lol::lol: 

Yes, we can definitely have that, too.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this get subbed or not???:sweatingbullets::huh: 

God quiz isn't subbed yet dang my two favorite shows have started n not getting subbed heck hate it:weary: 

 

@akiera - that would be awesome lobster fight part two:glasses: 

I became somin fan from running man!! Then watched her previous works she is really talented... I have only watched somin and ha seokjin clips from their show!! Yes their chemistry was sizzling one of the best in kdramaland:heart:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, riya988 said:

Will this get subbed or not???:sweatingbullets::huh: 

God quiz isn't subbed yet dang my two favorite shows have started n not getting subbed heck hate it:weary: 

 

@akiera - that would be awesome lobster fight part two:glasses: 

I became somin fan from running man!! Then watched her previous works she is really talented... I have only watched somin and ha seokjin clips from their show!! Yes their chemistry was sizzling one of the best in kdramaland:heart:

There’s a landing page on viki but I really don’t know 

https://www.viki.com/tv/36237c-top-star-yoo-baek

Everyone pls fill this to  submit license requests for it.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×