Quantcast
Jump to content
larus

[Current Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이 - Fridays @ 23:00 KST

Recommended Posts

Planning to watch 2nd episode tonight. :heart: 

glad netizens love this drama and wanting to make this drama twice a week. I need to hear KJS says "scrambled egg" more often. :joy:

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Seeing these BTS stills makes me squeal.

 

Me too!!! I can't ship them in real life but they definitely look cute together. I'll just ship YB and KS crazily then. Hahaha.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that both episodes are subs. It is extremely late my time and I really need some sleep. :sleeping: Lol. Will catch up on the drama and jump back in to join you all. Soo excited! :lol:

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, triplem said:

The subs are available but they are  all fan subbed . Translated from Indonesian. 

Thanks. I will search for them.

 

On 11/24/2018 at 7:56 PM, joonminfan said:

For those who have not managed to watch with subs, I'm just going to add on to @triplem's live recap of Ep 2.

Thankk again for the hard work.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 5:48 PM, annie1234 said:

Planning to watch 2nd episode tonight. :heart: 

glad netizens love this drama and wanting to make this drama twice a week. I need to hear KJS says "scrambled egg" more often. :joy:

 

Me too!!! I can't ship them in real life but they definitely look cute together. I'll just ship YB and KS crazily then. Hahaha.

 

 I’m addicted to so many words here :

1. Scrambled eggs 

2. Chop su

3. Koshiki  :D 

4. Daga 

 

Love these edits 

 

And there’s hope for proper subs coz Viu  HK is going to show this , so maybe they see the need to  sub this in English too for Viu users from other regions like me . Wishing hard . 

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This drama is so refreshing and all the lush green shots of the island is so captivating.The simple villagers steal the show.I couldn't stop laughing at the  helicopter guy:sweat_smile:.The villagers have got their own human helicopter.lol.

 

All the food showcased makes me damn hungry.Well,they should have put a warning at the beginning of this drama-Not for the ones who are on a diet..:lol:..am just kidding

 

When I saw YB's entry I was wonderstruck.I have watched only one drama of his i.e personal taste where he was the evil second lead.But here he is scorching the screen and is not afraid to bare everything.He is so happy to take off his clothes all the time ...lol.:D

 

KS is a darling.Her village accent is hilarious.The love triangle is so unpredictable in this one.Can't wait for the next episode.

 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there one of those correlation charts thingies for this drama? I always like to exam those.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Is there one of those correlation charts thingies for this drama? I always like to exam those.

Do you mean character chart ? Here’s a link 

http://program.m.tving.com/tvn/topstaruback/13/Contents/Html

 

welcome to the thread @ashbelle! This drama is a KJS fan service at its best :lol:

 

we can anticipate these scenes  in the coming episodes 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished the first two episodes on my hectic busy schedule and I am liking it soo far. Cannot believe Jeon SoMin can play this character, it's soo hard to take her as this character, but after seeing her on running man. Oh Kang Soon is made for Jeon SoMin. Lol. :lol:

 

Really looking forward to more and see how this story will turn out. It just sucks that it's once a week and the subs are a little slow, but it's a good drama to just sit relax and watch.

 

Thanks everyone for sharing BTS videos.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@triplem thank you for the bts videos.. I think there are going to be a lot of pple with SLS but my heart is always with KJS oppa.. :wub:

 

anyway I was wondering.. if KS really chose to be with YB, it would mean that either she goes to live in Seoul, or YB will stay in the island? Although I don’t really see YB staying on the island. He has a career after all. But I also don’t want KS to leave the island coz that’s where she belongs, and her Grandmother is there too. I’m so torn! I don’t want them to fall in love and then to experience angst. I’ve had enough angst from dramas these few months.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

@triplem thank you for the bts videos.. I think there are going to be a lot of pple with SLS but my heart is always with KJS oppa.. :wub:

 

anyway I was wondering.. if KS really chose to be with YB, it would mean that either she goes to live in Seoul, or YB will stay in the island? Although I don’t really see YB staying on the island. He has a career after all. But I also don’t want KS to leave the island coz that’s where she belongs, and her Grandmother is there too. I’m so torn! I don’t want them to fall in love and then to experience angst. I’ve had enough angst from dramas these few months.

I have thought about that as well. I am most definitely on team topstarshi :D

But it’s going to be hard for either one to leave . A compromise of sorts will be needed , so that’s why I’m mentally preparing myself for them not to be the end game . So I think the main goal of the drama is about Yoo Baek rediscovering life’s purpose. It’s about his healing .so that’s why there’s quite alot of emotional scenes of KJS because he holds the titular role .

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, triplem said:

I have thought about that as well. I am most definitely on team topstarshi :D

But it’s going to be hard for either one to leave . A compromise of sorts will be needed , so that’s why I’m mentally preparing myself for them not to be the end game . So I think the main goal of the drama is about Yoo Baek rediscovering life’s purpose. It’s about his healing .so that’s why there’s quite alot of emotional scenes of KJS because he holds the titular role .

 

But I want them to end up together. Although I can see that it will be difficult. :bawling:

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I was watching this part where he let go the Jack Sparrow look, things were serious until it took a funny turn for me.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, triplem said:

I have thought about that as well. I am most definitely on team topstarshi :D

But it’s going to be hard for either one to leave . A compromise of sorts will be needed , so that’s why I’m mentally preparing myself for them not to be the end game . So I think the main goal of the drama is about Yoo Baek rediscovering life’s purpose. It’s about his healing .so that’s why there’s quite alot of emotional scenes of KJS because he holds the titular role .

But YB is not happy as an actor. He was quite angry, when he received the award because he was supposed to be happy, when he is not happy at all with his life. To me, he hasn't really discovered what can make him happy. His fame as actor changed him into an arrogant man but this doesn't help him to feel better. In the first episode, we are shown two major scenes:

- the painting in his room which resembles to the countryside of the island

- when he saw the cliff and was reminded of the painting

In both scenes, he enjoyed the beauty of the scenery... he even calmed down. He could relax, something he is not able to do otherwise thus this is definitely possible that he is sensible to beautiful sceneries and can fall in love with the island due to the beautiful landscapes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yippee @bebebisous33 you are watching this too. Awesome  . What you said gives me some hope then . He’s indeed unhappy . The hour glass in his bathroom is an indication of how his life was already at stake. But bit by bit it seems he’s being restored . Like @joonminfan I do hope that he & Kang soon will fall in love. It’d be interesting to see if he can give up his obsession with fame etc for her .

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, triplem said:

Yippee @bebebisous33 you are watching this too. Awesome  . What you said gives me some hope then . He’s indeed unhappy . The hour glass in his bathroom is an indication of how his life was already at stake. But bit by bit it seems he’s being restored . Like @joonminfan I do hope that he & Kang soon will fall in love. It’d be interesting to see if he can give up his obsession with fame etc for her .

 

Hmm if does choose to give up his career and stay on the island with KS, I wonder what kind of job he will do? Fish on a boat?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, triplem said:

Yippee @bebebisous33 you are watching this too. Awesome  . What you said gives me some hope then . He’s indeed unhappy . The hour glass in his bathroom is an indication of how his life was already at stake. But bit by bit it seems he’s being restored . Like @joonminfan I do hope that he & Kang soon will fall in love. It’d be interesting to see if he can give up his obsession with fame etc for her .

Based on the flashbacks, we can see that as an idol he got hurt. I have the impression that he got poisoned (the drink that fell, then he fainted and was moved to the hospital). We shouldn't forget that he never drinks anything that has not been sealed. From my point of view, he was betrayed by a member of the boy band. We heard that he sings, then in the flashback we hear fans screaming "Oppa". So he started his career as a singer in a boy band and got betrayed out of jealousy.

This would explain why he doesn't care for his colleagues (other actors and actresses), only watch his movies... the betrayal scarred him a lot. I also sense that he has no family (which would also give an explanation why he chose to become famous). The need to feel loved and recognized, yet the betrayal happened which made him think that he can never have any friend and love.

As for the cake, it is related to his anger and pain in the episode 1. He wanted to meet someone (that person didn't seem to be rich, based on the neighbourhood YB was walking) but he was rejected with his cake. He got upset and frustrated... caused the incident with the police, as he didn't want them to see him crying and upset. It was supposed to be a happy day for him... 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

As for the cake, it is related to his anger and pain in the episode 1. He wanted to meet someone (that person didn't seem to be rich, based on the neighbourhood YB was walking) but he was rejected with his cake. He got upset and frustrated... caused the incident with the police, as he didn't want them to see him crying and upset. It was supposed to be a happy day for him... 

Good catch on the cake . Did not strike me that he was bringing it to go celebrate it with someone . Who could it be ? Family member? Someone he liked ? Makes sense now why he was so upset & sarcastic in his acceptance speech.

@joonminfan Lol! Dive for abalones ! 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow @bebebisous33 I’m impressed by your eye for details and great analysis. I have got to be more observant from now on! I agree with you that YB seems to have a lot of built up hurt and anger in him, that’s what caused him to be so self-centred and suspicious. I hope that KS can help to heal his heart and please, as little angst as possible.

 

re the cake: maybe he is estranged from his family? The cake is for them, and he got pushed away.

 

and at the hospital he also pushed away what looks like home made kimbap. So yeah, he might have gotten poisoned before and this is what made him so suspicious, and also his extreme reaction when he saw KS’s Grandmother trying to add the ramyeon flavouring to the food.

Edited by joonminfan
Edited coz my thoughts are all over the place
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grain of salt but Someone here said they saw BTS Shots of her in what looks like a city so given the necessity  fast moving plot I bet they do realize their feelings next episode or two , we get some cute fluffy stuff and he convinces her/she asks to go back with him and invariably angst ensues because Seoul is a just too huge, cold, confusing, lonely ETC for her too live permanently and she wants too go home.   I bet in the end they compromise by her staying on the island mostly but getting a phone and computer so they are in constant contact and he comes to see her regularly anyway with her making the trip too him sometimes as well. 

This is figuring without the maybe fantasy element that maybe happening, and MD who surely Won’t give up so easy :)

 

Or he stays and becomes a celebrity goat whisperer and they raise 10 insanely beautiful  and cheerful  satoori  speaking Octupus hunting children ;) 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Grain of salt but Someone here said they saw BTS Shots of her in what looks like a city so given the necessity  fast moving plot I bet they do realize their feelings next episode or two , we get some cute fluffy stuff and he convinces her/she asks to go back with him and invariably angst ensues because Seoul is a just too huge, cold, confusing, lonely ETC for her too live permanently and she wants too go home.   I bet in the end they compromise by her staying on the island mostly but getting a phone and computer so they are in constant contact and he comes to see her regularly anyway with her making the trip too him sometimes as well. 

This is figuring without the maybe fantasy element that maybe happening, and MD who surely Won’t give up so easy :)

 

Or he stays and becomes a celebrity goat whisperer and they raise 10 insanely beautiful  and cheerful  satoori  speaking Octupus hunting children ;) 

 

I prefer the second scenario! :relieved:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×