Quantcast
Sign in to follow this  
babygirrll

Guy that just wants to be friends and he's seeing other girls

So I met this guy at an event and he also met another girl I invited. The other girl really likes him and they get a long well. In the beginning I saw him as just a friend and I was talking to him because I wanted to get over someone. Last night we went out for the third time.. It was great seeing him in the beginning. I find him very handsome and has a great body and nice. However, he texts other girls infront of me. Tells me we're just friends. He says he neutralizes things. I studied him. People tell me I'm beautiful all the time and I know I am. I'm starting to read the bible and really change my mentality and personality. I told him I need god in my life to stay normal. He's like why can't you do the right things on your own. I told him.. In the beginning before I studied the bible.. my mentor told me there was darkness in me. He laughed and was like wth. Anyways the next moment I started to lose likeness for him. I don't know what happened. I just liked him less and that holy fuzzy circle thing around him was sort of gone. He was still handsome but he wasn't.. love.. When we're walking I linked his arms and I sort of hugged him. He's like do you do this with all your guy friends? I don't want to take advantage of you. I told him I do this with all my guy friends but I only have two. Honestly I do link arms with them but it's really settle but this guy I'm like grabbing him. Just felt right but he didn't feel it. So as we're walking and trying to find my car.. We walked for like a long time.. Couldn't find it. I studied him.. He was a nice guy.. I understand a little bit of him. He likes people then overtime he stops. And I get that too. I stopped him when we're walking. I told him.. I can find the car myself.. It's close by here. You can go home now. And he said okay and he left. I gave him a hug. It wasn't hot anymore.. I don't want to see him again.. I like seeing him.. But it's not a good time after the first date.. Maybe as I got to know him.. There's so many barriers and blockades he has.. So many females around his life.. I'm just not interested in rejection or listening to him talk about people I don't care about. 

hmmm @babygirrll , what exactly is your Q?  ^_^ are you wondering why you were initially liking this guy and now you are not? are you confused about whether you like him? -- there's a reason why there is a separate category called infatuation, crushes etc. attraction can fade and there's no specific reason. sometimes, as we get to know the person, we may determine on some subconscious level that they are not right for us and we lose interest. it sounds like you think he might make a good friend but are not interested in him romantically. if so, don't confuse the two and just be friends. we also need friends in our life. cheers!

@Lmangla I was wondering the same thing :)

Attraction can dissipate or strengthen after time. As you get to know the other person better, you notice how he really is and that can be a huge turn on or a massive turn off. Not much you can do about it. If you don't like him that much anymore, keep him as a friend.

I asked a relationship coach. She told me he doesn't have sexual passion towards me. When she told me straight up. I knew it was the truth. She wasn't belittling me because I said I'm asking for a friend. He friendzoned me. I shouldn't take rejection so personally. I friendzone guys all the time.. That's because I have a hard time looking at them or being with them for too long. 

I'm babygirrll's IRL guy friend, can confirm she links arms with her guy friends but with me, it's weirdly at a great distance like we have our arms linked but she's sorta spreads them out like a chicken. Her face looks like she's permanently sucking on a couple of lemons when we're like this, I get self-conscious but she assures me that it's hereditary, so I guess I feel better.