Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Just finished watching the first 4 episodes and I have to say that I'm really enjoying this drama. I think the cinematography is amazing, the cast is super, the way the story is told is captivating and even the music sets the tone so well.

I, too, think that ex-husband really did love Cha Seo Yoon even though it was an arranged marriage. Unfortunately, she felt as though she was "sold off" by her own mother and so she probably just endured it and wasn't open to reciprocating the ex-husband's feelings. If she was cold and distant through the entire marriage, I can understand why the ex-husband cheated. Maybe he thought that by cheating on her, she would feel jealous and prompt her to want to hold on to him. I do feel somewhat bad for ex-husband because he seems to really care for her and is doing what he can to help her behind the scenes. What I don't understand though is why he didn't fight for her when they were still married. He knew that his mother wasn't nice to CSY so why did he let her go through it alone? If he had fought beside CSY during those times, she may have seen his intentions more clearly.

I think part of KJH's charm is that he is upfront about his intentions. I like that he seems to have integrity in that he wasn't willing to accept compensation for everything he did for CSY in Cuba. The only thing I worry about is that he doesn't seem to grasp the repercussions of his actions. It's great that he sees her for who she is and is willing to go the extra mile for her. But what he doesn't realize is that no matter how trivial something might be, it can damage her reputation and put her in a difficult spot. She stands to lose a lot more than him. But at the same time, he is unaware of her past and is unaware of the complex relationship she has with her ex-husband's family. KJH only sees her as a lonely, lovely person but is unaware of the battles she is fighting and how hard she's had to work to be able to get to where she is and to keep Donghwa. So I also can't blame him for being a bit naive.

His being naive/innocent is also what is attractive about him. He has a much simpler view of life and is spontaneous,.. so very different to what CSY is accustomed to. 

• Like 15

If we look more closer of this art, i wonder what are they holding? light?

Zbfuoc.jpg

dc

• Like 13

Chingus, I just watched ep 3 yesterday and I like it so far. It's a slow burn romance and it seems to be positioning itself as a classic fairytale. It's not full of action as some other drama, but this is the only one that I like so far among all other dramas right now. 

I also read many negative articles on this drama and I'm not sure why...maybe those writers think that they will get more readers by saying something contradictory...

• Like 14

Hello chingus,

I have been following this drama ever since it was announced that SHK will be starring in it. :D 

Before it was aired i read alot of negative articles about it but after the first 2 episodes it died out (mostly). They were almost all

about the age gap and the no chemistry comments. 

Now though, whenever i read negative comments stating they have no chemistry and all, I mostly think they are blind or numb. How can they not see the chemistry? :lol:

For me this drama is more than just a drama. It defied the “uptight” trend of KEnt. It is so pro women and it showed how women can do even without help of a man. Look at CSH she built an empire from being almost bankrupt. 

Facts like this are almost entirely overlooked from this drama.

Just passing by. Hello all!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Hahahahaha

leave it to SHK fashion to have people do seminars like that!

At least now they’re doing it right. People also tried to do this haircut when she had it in Worlds Within and let me tell you, this haircut is not for everyone! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

3 hours ago, utkim said:

If we look more closer of this art, i wonder what are they holding? light?

dc

I believe that is a torch. 

In the myth of Hercules, he had to slay Hydra - a poisonous 9-headed serpent who grew 2 heads every time one head was chopped off. Unable to do it alone, he enlisted the help of his cousin and together they killed the monster by chopping one head off and then burning the neck with a torch/fire. (The fire stop the neck from regrowing 2 heads) 

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/Herakles/hydra.html

Just my interpretation of this illustration :lol:   

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

DuJWA9DXQAEn357?format=jpg&name=large

@Nogom_ Twitter

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, mouse007 said:

I, too, think that ex-husband really did love Cha Seo Yoon even though it was an arranged marriage. Unfortunately, she felt as though she was "sold off" by her own mother and so she probably just endured it and wasn't open to reciprocating the ex-husband's feelings. If she was cold and distant through the entire marriage, I can understand why the ex-husband cheated. Maybe he thought that by cheating on her, she would feel jealous and prompt her to want to hold on to him. I do feel somewhat bad for ex-husband because he seems to really care for her and is doing what he can to help her behind the scenes. What I don't understand though is why he didn't fight for her when they were still married. He knew that his mother wasn't nice to CSY so why did he let her go through it alone? If he had fought beside CSY during those times, she may have seen his intentions more clearly.

I agree with some of what you've surmised but not all.  CSY because of how she was raised, would not have walked out of the marriage just because her husband had an affair.  She asked him why hadn't he remarried.  She said that she only let him go, because he said he could not give up the other woman and wanted to marry her.  I think CSY, although she felt as if she was sold off, would have stayed in the marriage had he made her feel loved and important.  I do not know why he cheated; however, I think he came to the realization after the divorce that he let a dynamite woman go and that he actually loved her.  When they first married he could have also felt resentment for having to marry someone whom was forced on him and his way of rebelling was to have an affair.  

I do agree that if he had fought beside CSY during those times, she may have seen his intentions more clearly.

• Like 12

tumblr_pjhg4albwp1xkntwio1_r4_400.giftumblr_pjhg4albwp1xkntwio3_r2_400.gif
tumblr_pjhg4albwp1xkntwio4_r1_400.giftumblr_pjhg4albwp1xkntwio5_r1_400.gif

At this point, they’re still two people who barely know each other, a little startled and a little thrilled by their undeniable connection. She’s still so tentative and he’s still unsure of quite what this thing is or the implications. It’s still infatuation, intrigue, a sort of gravity, and the overpowering impulse to become a shelter for one another from a harsh world.

Him because he’s still so bright and innocent and her because the world has already wounded her enough.

lCcORwe.gifeumg9x3llqsw.gif

c as labeled

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i got to agree with someone who said this before, this drama atleast first couple of episodes, do highlight that gummy bear is not that good a actor. The "lacks" were apparent

All I have to say is in spoiler.

Spoiler

Normally, I always lurk but I had to delurk for this.

Gummy is a good actor.

I have been his fan for a few years, I have watched him grow into the young man that he's become.

I have followed all dramas he has acted in and I am impressed by all.

And I find it darning when anyone says he can't act.

All you have to do is watch his previous dramas and make a judgment on them.

When he was casted in LITM, he had problems getting into his role, he couldn't connect with his character and we his fans knew but once he became one with that role, he slayed.

Maybe he hasn't blended together with his role for this drama but to say he can't act, I disagree. Call me biased or whatever but I disagree. 

You don't judge an actor on just one role you see him/her in for the first time, you watch their previous works( if you have time) and then make your assumptions. That's what I do. 

However, knowing him as a fan, Bogum never stops trying to challenge himself with roles and if he "lacks" in any department, he will make sure to fulfill/exceed expectations that are beneficial to him being an actor.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=001&aid=0010518014

I read this article (using google trans ofcourse) and it talked about this show not being the usual "Cinderella" story but more of Don Quixote. The writer talks about why jinhyuk's character may seem so unrealistic.

It's easier to believe in a cinderella story, than to believe that a man like don quixote exists (which I'm sure some of us have questioned on why JH's character has it so easy despite coming from a poor background and why he's all smiley and full of life. Some of us have even questioned how to relate to him).

I just hope the drama doesn't end in a sad note cuz Don Quixote had a sad ending.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

We all love PBG and I too, disagree with them saying that he is acting poorly with this drama. This drama wouldn’t have made it without him as the lead.

While I agree with PBG acting brilliantly in this drama I also had to point out that SHK’s acting is superb. As a fan, I’ve watched all her dramas and movies and I must say, this is her best acting, in my POV. Just because being in a theater myself, having to move less to convey what you want to say to the audiences is so damn hard. It’s even harder to do it through your eyes or even how your eyebrows should be to express what you really feel. It is so hard to relay what you really want to say without moving too much. And she had to do that as CSH being the ice princess that she is. And she slayed.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

All I have to say is in spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

Normally, I always lurk but I had to delurk for this.

Gummy is a good actor.

I have been his fan for a few years, I have watched him grow into the young man that he's become.

I have followed all dramas he has acted in and I am impressed by all.

And I find it darning when anyone says he can't act.

All you have to do is watch his previous dramas and make a judgment on them.

When he was casted in LITM, he had problems getting into his role, he couldn't connect with his character and we his fans knew but once he became one with that role, he slayed.

Maybe he hasn't blended together with his role for this drama but to say he can't act, I disagree. Call me biased or whatever but I disagree. 

You don't judge an actor on just one role you see him/her in for the first time, you watch their previous works( if you have time) and then make your assumptions. That's what I do. 

However, knowing him as a fan, Bogum never stops trying to challenge himself with roles and if he "lacks" in any department, he will make sure to fulfill/exceed expectations that are beneficial to him being an actor.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=001&aid=0010518014

I read this article (using google trans ofcourse) and it talked about this show not being the usual "Cinderella" story but more of Don Quixote. The writer talks about why jinhyuk's character may seem so unrealistic.

It's easier to believe in a cinderella story, than to believe that a man like don quixote exists (which I'm sure some of us have questioned on why JH's character has it so easy despite coming from a poor background and why he's all smiley and full of life. Some of us have even questioned how to relate to him).

I just hope the drama doesn't end in a sad note cuz Don Quixote had a sad ending.

I have been lurking but got surprised by the article you are talking about. 

As I have read Don quixote I don´t see Jinhyuks as him. In the novel Don quixote imagination is used as a cruel joke and often showed as a part of how deluded he is. I see Junhyuk more as free spirit that have a healthy positive mindset because of his parents good influence. I don´t see him being deluded not knowing what kind of world he is entering as we see him and our girl talking about their employ boss status. It show that he is not stupid, but he also those not lett himself stop befriend SY. To me the biggest test for his character gonna start when they really fall in love and they have to figure out how to handle their different world. I also think here is when we gonna see Bo gum flexing his acting muscle, I belive he has it in him. I wonder if his long pause in acting (to finish his college degree) mad it hard for him to getting in it again in the start? 

Yes JY is maybe unrealistic but then he is born from writers mind and vision. why those every character needing to be real. I mean there is a reason why people love fairytales :) Also the writer have not been shy about fairytales reference, as other have noticed here!    

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

'Boyfriend' Song Hye Kyo - Park Sword Sword, between the lush green grass The picturesque walkway 

'Boyfriend' Song Hye-kyo - Park Sookmyung's picture-like walk was revealed. 

The TVN drama "boyfriend" who has won the first place in the same time period including terrestrial wave for 4 consecutive times spreading the warm melodic feeling full of the house theater is the one of Suhyun (Song Hye Kyo) and Jinhyuk ). 

In the open steel, there is a picture of Suhyeon and Jinhyeok standing between the lush green roads. The two of them stop walking and look at the same place. Jinhyuk who keeps Suhyun's side quietly and Suhyun who looks at him with his peaceful eyes gives him the warmth of melting even the cold. 

In addition, in the steel that is connected, it shows the appearance of Suhyeon and Jinhyeuk which are keeping their eyes on each other, and it causes a stir. Above all, the eyes of Jinhyuk who looks at Suhyun are infinitely affectionate. In addition, the two of them make a romantic atmosphere with only the back view of the opposite side, which makes the minds of the viewers excited. So, interest in the picturesque promenade of Suhyun and Jinhyeok which are looking at one place suddenly increases. 

Especially, in the end of the last 'Boyfriend' 4th, Jinhyuk has been proud of his scandal as he watched a lot of companies for Suhyun. In the process, the figure of Jinhyeok who smiles as he approaches the surprise of Suhyon and the romance of the two of them will increase. Among them, the two shots of Suzihyun and Jinhyuk's cheerful strolls are revealed, raising the question of what kind of relationship the two people have changed.

"My boyfriend" production team said, "This walk will be a special place for Suhyun and Jinhyeok." He said, "Please expect my boyfriend 's broadcast, which will start the romance of two people closer." 

On the other hand, tvN 'boyfriend' is an emotional melodrama that starts with an accidental meeting of Suhyeon, who never lived the life he chose, and free and clear soul devotion. The boyfriend is broadcast five times at 9:30 pm on the 12th. 

Digital Issue Team Reporter Yu Byung-cheol onlinenews@wowtv.co.kr
source credit @https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=215&aid=0000714686

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Back then in college, in the middle of a lecture, my "terror" professor stopped and look at me. The only thing i did was to give a JH smile. And she asked me why i smiled like that, the only reply i gave was another JH smile.

JH smile is like a defense mechanism. When nervous in the company of others,  i tend to smile like JH. When i want to say something but no words comes out of my mouth, i just smile like JH. When listening to someone's story, my way of listening and enjoying the story is a JH smile. There's nothing wrong if JH smiles that much( unless he has a bad set of teeth but we know he has a good one). Its his role  by the way. 

PBG acting" less"?  If he is, we wouldn't be here . He protrayed his role so well and we are crazy over him.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

At last,this is the day that we are waiting for ..boyfriend day..

For me movie or drama itself it something fairy that 'maybe' we cannot see in our daily life (or maybe it just me:sweatingbullets: ),so for JH to act so naive,pure and very bright to the point that I think 'wow,I really want him in real life' its so refreshing n enjoyable to see..n I think the biggest achievement that every writer want,is to get the audience absorb into the story n character like I did with SH n JH..oh n I would like to see how JH solve the problem when he have to choose between his family n SH,n how SH will react if JH choose his family over her when their feeling grow more deeper n SH more selfish to want him by her side,I really want to see it if there is one in the upcoming episodes (me n my imagination story :D)

PS: why do I think the ex husband look alike with kim jaejoong from JYJ?in some angle..I find him quite handsome after bogum of course

• Like 7