Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

I came into the show for SHK but stayed for the compelling leads, as well as the beautiful, beautiful cinematography, the drawings (and looooove all your analysis of them!!!) and the poem. 

I love dramas like these which have symbolic hints here and there and everywhere in the movie! What is better is that this forum is filled with so many observant viewers. Salute!

My 2 cents on some things that were brought up. 

Ex-husband

Having gone through 4 episodes, I can't imagine the marriage both of them had. It seemed the husband was more willing than SH to the marriage. But from what I see, SH is the kind of person who has grown accustomed to being forced to do things. She would do without too much resistance but she wouldn't do it with much passion. So I can understand throughout the marriage, she's like a dead fish. While the ex-husband did like her and might have tried to win her over, he just didn't know the way to her heart, as shown in the gestures he made. 

Jealousy

After spending a day in Cuba together, there's no doubt SH is also attracted to JH, so I believe there was some jealousy when she caught JH talking happily on the phone. And that's also why she brought up 'his girlfriend' again after wrongfully thinking that JH had talked to his girlfriend. And because she's accustomed to not doing or having things she likes, she didn't think there was going to be any consequences to her jealousy anyway.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, madinked said:

So, where can I find the earrings? She actually had two variations of that earrings. One is shorter (as shown in the above picture) and another pair which is slightly longer which she wore on episode 3. 

@madinked: @caileysmiley posted the info. I can easily search for KNews but I am quite a dunce when it comes to searching for fashion items that were worn in Kdramas. :lol:

Thanks @caileysmiley!

Kim Jin Hyuk's Appa and Dongsaeng

201812111449282510_1.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201812111449282510

• Like 11

4-21.gif?type=w800

cr : Naver Blog

He's always there for her and he understands her more than anyone else could. :wub:

Guess I need to find my own Kim Jin Hyuk as well. :D

Thanks @gumtaek :D

• Like 16

Fashion stuff - from TNGT's IG: 

Ending of ep 4

DuHzAdbWoAA0MS6.jpg

With his childhood friend before CSH's car accident

DuHxcQZXcAAVQqz.jpg

@bohmi Thank you for the info on the cinematographer :wub:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

When this drama made an announcement that shk x pbg will be the main lead,there is so many negative comments, even until now..here n there comparing encounter with another drama that from the genre itself very different..they complaining this n that,without any desire to watch it with different approach n if u don't like it in the end,just stop watching it,simple..rather than babbling non senses n gave destructive comments..sorry to blabbering this out,just came accross bad comments that I read :unsure: 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, caileysmiley said:

@gumtaek:)

Wow.The difference is just 0.7 % It's almost a tie!

Yes. :). Boyfriend, fighting!

After 3-4 scenes of Kim Jin Hyuk drinking this, Bo Gum should be made its endorser.:D

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, redbeanbuns said:

When this drama made an announcement that shk x pbg will be the main lead,there is so many negative comments

The best thing is to ignore the negativity.  We all know what a wonderful drama this is!  The negative people don't understand.

• Like 10

@utkim even his imperfection is perfect! :D

but seriously im starting to wonder what sort of flaw has writer nim put into JH's character.

there ought to be somethings

and still those would not make him any less endearing

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Question is would any of this be possible if CSH wasn't as breathtakingly b'ful.. she is not even a normal beauty in the drama but ethreal kinds.

Otherwise, by now netizens would have been abusing her trying to woo a young man.. but they won't say that to her because lol.. they just call her ugly or not desirable.

i got to agree with someone who said this before, this drama atleast first couple of episodes, do highlight that gummy bear is not that good a actor. The "lacks" were apparent..

but man!.. that smile is god gift.. it literally lights up the world

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, foolmoondance said:

but seriously im starting to wonder what sort of flaw has writer nim put into JH's character.

In KJH's parents' opinion, KJH has not been a troublemaker but his parents might not see KJH's determination side which can be a pro and a con at the same time.

As his childhood friend mentioned to his colleague, whenever KJH focuses on a thing or a person, if he believes what he has done is not wrong, he will keep on doing till he acheives what/whom he wants...sometimes he might not think about the negative impacts he has to bear then.

KJH is not the thorough calculating type, this could be his flaw in some circumstances when he faces imprenitents who have much more power and are ready to do anything to get what they want, he might be in danger. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, foolmoondance said:

True but I prefer he stays the same lol. I can relate to him in many levels. Being the eldest, not causing trouble to parents and everyone, smiling a lot, going to college and finally getting a job minus the solo trip which I'm still planning to go lolB). So I want to see what the consequences of his actions of getting out of his comfort zone brings and how he deals with them in the end. And by the way, we should have a lot of drunken scenes of JH lol :joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

11 hours ago, madinked said:

So, where can I find the earrings? She actually had two variations of that earrings. One is shorter (as shown in the above picture) and another pair which is slightly longer which she wore on episode 3. 

I did some searching around since I like the earrings, too (although as I mentioned earlier I am far more likely to try to make a pair rather than to buy them--I'm seriously considering it; the design is ridiculously simple).  I found the website for AiNo:  http://shop2.dangji77.cafe24.com/

And I have also discovered that at least one eBay seller has the item:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AiNo-Hoop-Connecting-E-Sterling-Silver-Earrings-K-Drama-Encounter-Song-Hye-Kyo/292848493797?hash=item442f2164e5:g:DMYAAOSwUfVcBpQM:rk:1:pf:0

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I'm so looking forward to seeing what will happen to KJH once he falls deeply in love. Will he become even more stubborn? Will his stubbornness become his flaw? I think his character will be more complex as the story progresses. It'll be interesting to watch that. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1