Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

11 hours ago, Yenung Joa said:

Does any of you guys found him "overacting" when he tries to be cute or during nervous moments??:sweat:

Also, check out the Recap of episode 2

https://www.asiandrama4u.com/encounter-episode-2-recap/

No, he's not.  That's how you act when you feel giddy and nervous in front of your crush.  Girls are like that and it's not different with boys, too.  

To add, they can even talk and look silly, or lose focus, become absent-minded, rattled.  Many of us experienced that, even I. 

• Like 21

logo_b.png

NEWS
Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF  12 hours ago

'Boyfriend' is the fastest tvN drama to reach double-digit viewer ratings

song-hye-kyo-park-bo-gum.jpg

New tvN drama 'Boyfriend' had a very successful first week. 

According to Nielsen Korea, the second episode of 'Boyfriend' aired on November 29th recorded an average viewer rating of 10.3%. This is a 1.6% increase from the first episode. 

This also makes 'Boyfriend' the fastest tvN drama to reach double-digit viewer ratings. 'Boyfriend' also recorded the second-highest viewer ratings for a premiere episode

The heart fluttering romance between Song Hye Kyo (Cha Soo Hyun) and Park Bo Gum (Kim Jin Hyuk), as well as the beautiful cinematography, are gaining much love and compliments from viewers. 

Episode 3 will be airing next Wednesday, December 5. 

song-hye-kyo_park-bo-gum_1543601356_dd.jpg

• Like 10

I enjoyed reading all posts here. Thank you all :)

8 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

P.s. guys have anyone noticed that the friend of KJH also has this tiny crush on him?..  She looked at KJH when she saw the news.. Did she notice that it was him even though the face of him was blurred!! 

She has a crush on him. In her character description,

"She’s a childhood friend of Kim Jin Hyuk, and has developed feelings for him. She has always felt that Kim Jin Hyuk has led a busy life and hopes that once he gets a job and settles down, he’ll have the time to finally see who she is and fall in love with her."

https://www.soompi.com/article/1268647wpp/tvns-encounter-shares-detailed-descriptions-interesting-cast-characters

I think she noticed it, because she and Jinhyuk had a conversation about their CEO (CSH) in playground before.

8 hours ago, dydrawer said:

Also her beauty... Song Joong-ki goes home to this? Lucky bastard.

Bo Gum's drunk scene made me laugh so hard and now this :joy:

Actually netizen also said,

Spoiler

8 hours ago, dydrawer said:

BTW: was CSH's mother played by the same actress that played Song Hye-kyo's mother in DOTS?

Yes, she was the same actress, Nam Ki Ae

On 11/28/2018 at 8:48 PM, gumtaek said:

Sorry @bohmi! It worked perfectly for me! And it was soooo hard to stop watching! I just loved watching Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum's faces.....so pretty and handsome! Will start posting now...

I'll try again next week. Thank you :) and please get some rest..

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

This drama is simply breathtaking with its beautiful lead couple, their awesome acting and beautiful, romantic settings in Cuba. PBG and SHK visually killed me! Yeah, I felt like I was watching a box-office movie!

Everything is beautiful, especially the eye contact and shyness between CSH and KJH. These moments are so heart-fluttering and KJH is like a high school boy having a huge crush on his first love! He's barely able to hide his feelings and I just love all the captured moments of his staring at CSH. He displayed the right kind of shyness mixed with excitement. He laughed often because he's just in awe of CSH and her beauty. I suspect he's halfway to falling in love at first sight!  :D

PBG is good with his eyes...lol.

Like the airport encounter where he picked up the call from Donghwa hotel - his look at CSH then - speaks volume of his internal disbelief and happiness at being able to meet her again. He conveys so much feelings just with his eyes - I had to rewind many times to bask in his bewitched look at the woman he had begun to fall for. SHK is amazing with both her facial expressions and girlish laughter at times. She could tease KJH with a straight face, repeating all that he said in his drunk state....lol.

The aura of this lovely couple, the subtle romance and excitement akin to high school students' encounter, plus the magnificent camera works and angles all serve to make this drama so beautiful and special. I never knew sunset in Cuba could be this beautiful.

Not forgetting the beautiful OST and MVs which I can't help but to post them here. It's so magical.

Credit: CloudNine Sub

Credit: ClsQ

I miss this type of slow-burning and steady romance with its heart-fluttering moments. No wonder the PD said that he wants us to sit back, relax and enjoy the romance....yes, we should savor it bit by bit...and I'm excited to see how both will handle the storm when it comes. Hopefully, they'll emerge stronger and I wanna see KJH protecting CSH badly.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

I have been a SHK fan since Autumn in my Heart and a PBG fan more recently. More strongly her fan but I actually went to a fan meet of his. There was a Hi-Touch so I got to high five him and he is really gorgeous with flawless skin. He just glows. Anyway I wasn't too sure about this pairing although I love them individually but they're really killing it. The drunken scene will become a classic. I can just imagine the heartbreak coming with their differences in age, background and the Korean culture. Better get the tissues ready. 

• Like 13

Some of the clothes shown in the drama (from TNGT's IG):

scroll to the right to see the clothes on their own

The Navy and GRRRay suit... I don't think it's buy one get one free in TNGT :lol:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Episode 2, was fun [Skipped one because I can't always find the patience for the set up, though PGB's hair was great. Read a recap and I'll watch it later.]

Seriously drunk KJH was a hoot. CSH is a good sport. Sorry but I am not eating unwrapped food from someone's pocket. I was expecting her to put the dried squid in a special place as a treasured memory.

I've been thinking about Korean black cap of invisibility. In every drama K-drama [Shout out to Terrius or whoever is behind me and The Beauty Within] the folks use black caps like a wizarding coat of invisibility to great effect.  I guess the cap doesn't work that well on women.

Has anyone ever seen PBG dance.  They edited in the dance sequences as if he cannot dance, or at least as if he cannot move his feet in time with the music.  It seemed like a weird choice.

Have the series clarified the age difference.  He've aged PBG up to 29 for KJH, but I don't see as age for CSH.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

.....P.s. guys have anyone noticed that the friend of KJH also has this tiny crush on him?..  She looked at KJH when she saw the news.. Did she notice that it was him even though the face of him was blurred!! 

I kinda think her crush is major and that it could be the set-up for some future trouble.

There is one small moment I noticed (really very small):  when CSH brought a very drunk KJH home, we were shown a quick scene of the playground above the road; one of the swings was moving but not the other, so someone had to have been sitting there.  Even though the friend (sorry can't recall her character name) was supposed to go home in the other direction, I think she went back to the old neighborhood to wait for KJH to see that he got home okay.  Friend knew the playground (since we've seen her there before with KJH), so that was where she waited.

Just a thought.  ^_^

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Hello everyone,

I just caught up with both episodes and I’d like to ask about one thing that’s been confusing me - I thought SHK’s character had a kid? I was convinced from the promos that she had a kid with her ex-husband. Or did the creators decide not to include a child after all?

And we still don’t know her age, right? I don’t think she’s supposed to be over 40...

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, aisling said:

Hello everyone,

I just caught up with both episodes and I’d like to ask about one thing that’s been confusing me - I thought SHK’s character had a kid? I was convinced from the promos that she had a kid with her ex-husband. Or did the creators decide not to include a child after all?

And we still don’t know her age, right? I don’t think she’s supposed to be over 40...

@aislingYou can go back to page 57 to find the answer, @selen4ever already post the explanation there

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, thistle said:

I kinda think her crush is major and that it could be the set-up for some future trouble.

There is one small moment I noticed (really very small):  when CSH brought a very drunk KJH home, we were shown a quick scene of the playground above the road; one of the swings was moving but not the other, so someone had to have been sitting there.  Even though the friend (sorry can't recall her character name) was supposed to go home in the other direction, I think she went back to the old neighborhood to wait for KJH to see that he got home okay.  Friend knew the playground (since we've seen her there before with KJH), so that was where she waited.

Just a thought.  ^_^

Might be coz it seems she knew that it was KJH who was with CSH in that pic of date.. The way she saw him suspiciously after reading the tabloid.. There was no reason for her to look at KJH while reading her boss' news.. Next episodes,  we will see more hindrances from CSH's ex hubby n this Friend.. Plus CSH's ed mother in-law seems to have started making her move as per the preview!! 

• Like 6

Just wanna post this from Naver for a while back with trans

oDmqig.jpg

CKhhB6.jpg

q3V1Kl.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2