Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Encounter / Boyfriend: Dong Hwa Hotel's PR Team Reunion 10 Feb 2019 at 17.00 KST. 

Papago

Precious relationship~

I was so proud and happy. 
our MT

# Kim Hye-eun # is Lee Si-hoon # Park Jin-ju # Jeon Son-ni # Park Bo-gum
# Kim Ho Chang

#Bogam couldn't come that day. #The group photo was taken in a video call.
. .

I love you all.

The next meeting. 
See you at Jiwonyeon~♡

• Like 12
  • Love 2

Thank you @bebebisous33 for all the effort you’ve put these past months on making very detailed anaylses of the characters and scenarios of this drama.

I’m gonna miss reading them all :tears: but seriously, thank you. You are one of the reasons why I think of Encounter as a drama for intelligent people. Not everyone can understand its depth and subtlety. Two elements I really love in literature, theater and film 

• Like 11
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Thank you @bebebisous33 for all the effort you’ve put these past months on making very detailed anaylses of the characters and scenarios of this drama.

I’m gonna miss reading them all :tears: but seriously, thank you. You are one of the reasons why I think of Encounter as a drama for intelligent people. Not everyone can understand its depth and subtlety. Two elements I really love in literature, theater and film 

Thanks a lot for the compliment. Yes, it is true that the writing was very subtle hence so good. By the way, I tagged you to the other drama I am currently watching. I hope, you don't mind. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Valentine's Day, the man who wants to give chocolate Star is the first place?

Article Approval 2019.02.11 09:26:49

1066488_839594_2726.jpg

Seoul = International News) Kim, Yang-hee reporter = February 14 Valentine's Day, girls who want to give the chocolate Who is the male entertainer?

A questionnaire survey of 300 girls who majored in acting, models, broadcast movies, broadcast MCs, dance, and practical music at the Seoul Arts Institute (SAC) conducted a survey of male celebrities who wanted to give Valentine's Day chocolate And actor Park Bo-gum took first place. Park, who has been selected as the top TV recently, received a great love from viewers as "Kim Jin-hyuk", who is free from TVN drama "Boyfriend" and has a clear soul. She was very tender and black, but she showed a lot of emotion.

Cha, who was second in the rankings, is a member of the idol group Astro and is an active actor. He is also a big-name entertainer with a title called 'Face Genius'. 

Kim Yang-hee reporter yanghee722@gukjenews.co.kr

<Copyright Holder © International News Reprint and redistribution prohibited>....source credit @http://m.gukjenews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=1066488#_enliple
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

On 2/9/2019 at 4:43 PM, NongpeeP said:

@bebebisous33

Thank you for your analysis and observation over pages, I have spent weekend reading them all and rewatching Encounter / Boyfriend. 

What KJH can do to mitigate CSH's changing her mind from her concern to KJH the best he can :

1. When KJH keeps his promise seriously, he asked CSH promise not to remove her couple ring from the finger again;

2. KJH tried to directly get familiar with CSH's father to let him consider KJH can bear obstacles and impact from being with CSH.

As audiences knew, CSH's mind changing partially resulted from CSH's father in ep.8; and

3. KJH let KJH's mom get familiar with CSH by bringing CSH to join his family's meals quite often to let his family see how he has spent life being with CSH and how CSH get along with his family. 

KJH's mom is the reason why CSH changed her mind to break up with KJH.

Hide contents

I like this twitter's observation about KJH&CSH's life together, who will cook? Even CSH have a cooking skill from learning but the last scene, they mentioned like KJH's routine duty to cook. 

After a year JH was promoted. But after their wedding will he stay in that position or promoted again? Knowing JH, it may sound favoritism. But being the husband of the CEO is different from being in a some relationship or being the boyfriend. I remember that scene where they went to rhe stock room and SH called him director , will it now become reality? Director Kim Jin Hyuk:)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 10
  • Love 4

Chingus, when did CSH and KJH became official? I am confused when did they upgrade to BF-GF from pre relationship stage  :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

58 minutes ago, Cheryl295 said:

Chingus, when did CSH and KJH became official? I am confused when did they upgrade to BF-GF from pre relationship stage  :lol:

In the episode 8, when CSH spent her afternoon with him before his departure to Sokcho. She declared to her driver Nam that she would go on a date. On the other hand, KJH had said in the episode 7 that he wanted to be her boyfriend (episode 7) as he had no longer doubt about his feelings. CSH teased him as she said that he could consider himself her boyfriend but she was still in a some-relationship. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

THANK YOU @bebebisous33

I come to this thread everyday, but when i knew you were writing about the traces of Alice in Wonderland in Encounter, i decided to read it in proper time, not just in a glance. 

I really really appreciate all of your precious analyses. i know i keep saying this, but it's true, your analyses is mind blowing, as always. I remembered some of us were afraid that what KJH and CSH experienced was only a dream, because of the Alice in Wonderland book that he held, but you were persistent and convinced that it wasn't. 

Soo Hyun experiences has put her into insecurity, something that is too good to be true, can not be reality. So, i totally get it, why Jin Hyun first sentence when they were reconcile was, don't be sorry, thank you for being brave..

accepting reality, whether good or bad, always need courage. 

Once again thank you @bebebisous33

:heart:

About when they became official, i remember i also asked this many pages ago, some of us said, maybe it was @NongpeeP or @stardustvoid  or @bebebisous33 who wrote that it was when they took selfie at CSH apartement and CSH said this 

UJoh6t7.jpg

And also, in the final episode, in the first scene of the last flashback (after he took picture of her), is the one with the selfie.

yLNngce.jpg

So i also convince that they became official when he went to her apartment for the first time.

:D

• Like 10
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, stardustvoid said:

Hide contents

Where is our Jinsoo/PBG&SHK selfie tho? LOL

IKR!!  PBG loves selfies, he must have tons of their selca as KJH-CSH :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

This wasn't part of the drama right? The first time they took a selfie together was in CSH apartment.

Spoiler

So, this must be PBG and SHK taking a selfie together. But they won't share. 

:lol::sweatingbullets:

IMG-20190128-182412.jpg

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

I'm sure you've heard this line before when a boyfriend dumps his girlfriend..."it's not you...it's me.  This drama had a great storyline, the cinematography excellent and it fits right up my "all I want in a drama" category.  But...in spite of all the positives that I gleaned from watching the first few episodes, I could not continue.  I know, it's not the drama....it's me.  I felt Park Bo Gum was miscast.  He's too young and his face, although handsome, was a little bit effeminate for the role.  Song Hye Kyo as Cha Soo Hyun portrayed a character so controlled and stoic so I thought that what she needed was a more passionate man that would awaken her from the placidness of her life.  The encounter or love story between Cha Soo Hyun and Kim Jin Hyuk lacked the intensity I expected and without that, the rest of the drama became a meh for me.  There was a total lack of chemistry and they looked more like an elder sister and younger brother.  I'm not concerned about the age gap because it does work if the characters have the right chemistry to make it work (to this day My Name is Kim Sam Soon is still my favourite K drama).  A So Ji Sub, Jo In Sung (think What Happened in Bali where both were fighting over the same woman)  or a Lee Dong Gun (Love Now) would have been perfect for the role.  They're not only gorgeous but they have the depth and ferocity to portray a man deeply in love with SHK's character.  

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

I have been rewatching the drama slowly and appreciating the storytelling again. 

Episode 5 is one of my favorites because it is when both Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun come together. 

They decide to ditch work and see paintings at Hongjaedong, Jin Hyuk's neighborhood art gallery which are basically paintings below the bridge. 

JH explains that he doesn't understand art and paintings. But he grew to like the painting because he understood the endurance of the artist who drew all the squares. And because the title referred to a part of a poem, he appreciated the title of the painting, "Where, in What Form, Shall We Meet Again?" 

JH is surprised that SH knows the poem, too. Turns out she grew to like the poem because she liked the painting itself. It shows just how similar and dissimilar both JH and SH are. 

And interestingly enough, at the end of episode 5, the camera pans into the painting and shows a time lapse of JH and SH meeting in Cuba and also beforehand in Korea where we see the beginning shots of ep 1 and also the epilogue of the last episode.

PxNeWLQ.jpg

This is the beginning of episode 1 where we see SH's back.

On the other hand, JH is going to Namsan library where he often likes to hang out with the books.

MkYFaFC.jpg

The film rewinds and we see that both JH and SH crossed paths before. And this was shown in the epilogue of ep 16, too. 

tbu5cGM.jpg

Spoiler

Tfj5gn6.jpg

2rPyalt.jpg

This director really did a great job in making the story come a full circle because we also hear both JH and SH recite this poem in the last episode, too. 

The poem is called "In the Night".  

Among a multitude of stars 

one stares down at me

Among a multitude of people

I stare up at that one star

Where, when, and as what will the two of us

You, one so warm

And me, one so tender

meet again? 

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Love 8

6 hours ago, stardustvoid said:

That was PBG’s personal selfie I believe@Cheryl295 :) I’m a thousand percent sure he will never share it in public tho for good reasons, ykwim ;) 

I know right, I think they have plenty of selfies but will never share. :tears: 

This one too is off cam right :(

imageproxy-7.jpg

I still cannot move on from Encounter. 4 out of 5 of my friends who watched the drama are now hooked on it too. :lol:

• Like 8
  • Love 4

15 minutes ago, Cheryl295 said:

This one too is off cam right :(

Yup! That was on the drama phone tho not PBG’s personal phone lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2