Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Aside from Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun, we have to mention about the scene between Jin Hyuk and Hye In!

I loved how she confessed and expressed that she liked the moments of being with him. She liked him, but she did not love him. 

She saw that it takes two people to love each other and she happily rooted for Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun. I loved that genuine moment between these two friends! I think it is a rare moment we see in Korean dramas, right? 

• Like 18
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

I figured as much. The playground scene was so beautifully done, with the snow and background music. The kiss was so beautiful too. It’s like everything came full circle. I’ll remember it for years to come. It hit me right in the feels

And yes, ditto on ordinary happiness being so special. It’s very true and relates to everyone, regardless of age and social status!

@dukesa1122 just the thought of no new still cuts, filming pictures and episodes is driving a truck through my fragile heart.

How can I ever move on? I feel like I’m gonna go through the 5 stages of grief, starting with stage 1...

1. Denial 

“No, it’s not yet over! You see they haven’t announced anything for next week yet. What if there’s an epilogue or a special episode???”

Then I’m off to...

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

I agree! I agree! I agree!

I read from a book that the number of ordinary hours is more than the number of special hours. So definitely appreciate those ordinary moments/hours of life. Jin Hyuk's appreciation for the ordinariness transcended into Soo Hyun's life and family. I mean her father was smiling so wide in prison! 

I also loved that her father said he thought he was chasing for happiness for his wife, daughter and himself. But the moment he let go of "chasing for that happiness" and decided to align back things to where they were, he seemed so much lighter and happier. 

I hope this light and love you felt in this drama will transcend into your life! Share that light and love to let JH and SH's story live on within you :heart:

• Like 18
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

2 hours ago, leedonghaek said:

I think Encounter's average ratings should be more than 8%? Another successful drama for both SHK and PBG, buzz-wise and rating-wise. 

Well I did the math and Average is 8.475%

• Like 16
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

Bo Gum as he was leaving the party! I am amused by the male voice that was chanting his name and was moved at the same time by PD Park Shin Woo giving him a warm, affectionate hug!

• Like 15
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

i am the type that can not let go of the drama so fast and immediately watch for another drama.  After love in the moon light, i only managed to complete 1 drama so far - my mister LOL.

so please keeps posting your review / analysis /pictures / tweets, i will  read daily.  i will take my time and post slowly about  JIn Huk was inspired by some of real life bogum's behaviour. Let's go together to reach 500 pages boyfriend family.

• Like 17
  • Love 4

I cant bring myself to watch the final episode with eng subtitle bec it really means its goodbye for this beautiful drama!:astonished::bawling: Am I weird or what?:lol: This drama is my cup of tea!No I'm not bias!Its not makjang but just real life happening!To the actors, writer, director and staff, thank you!You all worked hard for bringing us Boyfriend/Encounter!:wub::heart:

• Like 16
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

After last night, there are 101 thoughts in my mind. 

I don't want to dwell on goodbyes , im not ready for that.

I just want first to thank and think of Jin Hyuk...

JH , the boyfriend....

What if he was not there at morro cabana just in time when Sh was about to fall? What if he gave up when Sh broke up with him?

JH, the boyfriend

Every character he came across has experienced changes in their lives, in their perspectives... from Sh, Sh parents, his family, his friends, his officemates, Mr. Nam, Samuel...

JH, the boyfriend

I've learned so many things from him, especially from life itself

How i wish when i was 30, i had a mind like his.

Oh... Jin Hyuk-ssi

These scenes... from the moment Sh open the shoe box up to their kiss at the playground... aahhhh, Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk...

• Like 15
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

I put this together before the finale week. Features one of my all time favourite song, Hold On by Michael Buble. 

Everytime the song came up in my playlist, Kim Jun Hyuk’s face come to mind. The lyrics seems to feel like it’s from his mind. 

So here is. Sharing here since I will not be around as much anyway. 

PD nim! Writer nim! Thanks for the ending. I love you :wub:

• Like 14
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Just watched the finale. I liked it. I liked how low-key everything was.

They love each other. That's it. Game over.

You had a double-dose of evil mothers, wealthy family vs. poor family, political power intrigues, foreign location, ex-hubby who still loves her, co-worker who liked him - all the ingredients of of a frothy makjang, and the solution at the end was - they love each other.

They loved each other. Nothing stopped them except their own hesitation and some noble idiocy. But it didn't last long.

It was just simple and direct. Just like Jin Hyeok's personality.

("All you need is love." - The Beatles)

• Like 17
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3