Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@bubblechoco Ask and ye shall receive

5SvlL9u.gif

Anyway, I know we are all happy that JH is gonna fight for his love for SH but, correct me if I'm wrong because I'm basing this off the recaps tonight, what can he do exactly to change her mind? I'm not mad at her character, I'm just confused as hell. She ended things with him, she even took off her ring, then somehow the writer wants us to believe that she'll have a complete turnaround in the last 60 minutes of the show? I just cannot comprehend this, I'm sorry. Someone enlighten me? I promised to stay away for the night but this just keeps nagging at me

And what can SH do on her part to save the relationship? Because from what I've gathered, she was already ready to carry on with her life? I'm so confused. 

ETA: Maybe I ought to just wait for episode 16 lol

ETA: @dianss23 I think it would be best to put that under the spoiler tag?

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG THANK YOU CHINGUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!:glasses:

Your welcome, this picture made my day too, forgot being sad already... I love how SHK look at those kids, she looks so happy... yay for happy ending...

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

NICE.

Twins. Absolutely no other reason for it. Although hellò, its the 24th Jan.

That's ridiculous even by live filming standard. Yeah go JH mum no grandkids for you meanie.

@stardustvoid I am off to sleep so no deep profound answer. How about the fact she misses him? She never loved before and he is her first love. And she always had guts before when she succeeded in the hotel. 

Maybe all JH had to do was ask her to believe in herself and her feelings?  I am not sure if I want JH's mum to suddenly feel regretful and go to her.

Maybe now that SH has resolved her own issues with her parents, let go of Taegyeong- which I am sure were mentally draining- she has enough energy to fight for the relationship.

In real life when someone has many stressors, a little thing can tip the balance. For SH maybe it was JH's mum. But once all the other obstacles are removed JH's mum won't seem as overwhelming?

Sorry this is me in work mode. We call this a situational crisis at work. I don't think we have time for any other thing other than SH misses him so much she can't live without him. And a persistent, confident JH who won't give up on her. Plus I guess- since this is a Kdrama- there HAS to be a photo moment somewhere where they snap a photo of her. Or a photo of them together.

For completeness sake. If the writer is thorough and pays attention to details. To bookend ep 1 and ep 16.

Night. Yawn. Been up 21hrs.

• Like 9
  • LOL 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG THANK YOU CHINGUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!:glasses:

I don't know why but seeing this makes me think there won't be a major chunk on Cuba (not correlated i know)

There are too many things to solve and too little time

T_T

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 3

Thanks for the recap everyone. I was afraid that JH would resign and we get a time jump which doesn't solve anything. It's good to know that JH is not giving up. It sucks that SH is not able to hold on...but it's good that JH continues to persist. 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

I still don’t know when this rumor started but the actor who plays her ex husband was only confirmed on the 25th of October and the shoot in Cuba was over by then. So I don’t think it’s true.

@utkim lots of kissing and at least two babies? Enough to start with?

22 minutes ago, Cheryl295 said:

The ex husband was seen filming in Cuba? So it is sure then that he will have scenes in Cuba tomorrow.

How I wish the ending would be JinSoo kissing at Malecon Beach or at the Garden in Cuba. 

I read it here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/10/jang-seung-jo-joins-boyfriends-star-studded-cast/

Anyone else has other sources?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

I don't know why but seeing this makes me think there won't be a major chunk on Cuba (not correlated i know)

There are too many things to solve and too little time

T_T

That looks like a major time jump so for this drama's sake I hope that's the epilogue

Spoiler

There still so many things to resolve in 60 minutes 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Oh no, that picture got leaked.

well if it is leaked already, I’m going to leave this here.

736-AFD67-D664-48-DA-9-AD3-489-B32-B964-

if they really have two kids then this is excellent foreshadowing. The elevators symbolizing the actual birth canal, there is a sign in English between the two elevators that says for visitors only. Maybe they are getting two visitors, their own kids. 

The drama did this in another episode too, when SH openly revolts against her mom for the first time, there is this tight shot of a flight of stairs and it stays on the mother while SH walks away after cutting ties with her mom. That scene looked like it was symbolic of the severing of the umbilical cord between a mother and her child.

This was another effective use of art, the wind trying to blow away KJH and he is trying to fight against it. 

4-F8-F2127-9216-4-F2-D-85-D3-0-EAB91-E81

This time for reals, adieu. Too drained after this episode.

@vvpal shooting in Cuba finished on 23rd October, he was only finalized on the 25th. I think DB got wrong information.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 10
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, stardustvoid said:

Anyway, I know we are all happy that JH is gonna fight for his love for SH but, correct me if I'm wrong because I'm basing this off the recaps tonight, what can he do exactly to change her mind? I'm not mad at her character, I'm just confused as hell. She ended things with him, she even took off her ring, then somehow the writer wants us to believe that she'll have a complete turnaround in the last 60 minutes of the show? I just cannot comprehend this, I'm sorry. Someone enlighten me? I promised to stay away for the night but this just keeps nagging at me

And what can SH do on her part to save the relationship? Because from what I've gathered, she was already ready to carry on with her life? I'm so confused. 

I'm thinking exactly the same thing.

I don't know. Maybe she'll be the one who grabs him back this time. (That run in the preview)

Maybe someone will finally enlighten her to "just think about yourself and care less about the others"; and when she realises she's on the verge of losing him (Jinhyuk might be going somewhere), there's no room for hesitation? Maybe she'll start thinking of the good memories in Cuba too? (It's floating in her brain somewhere,  too emotionally drained to think of that, yes.)

I'm worried the writer has added too much stubbornness (i might be using the wrong word) in her character. And I wholeheartedly refuse this. She is the best female lead that I've seen in a while and I like her to the point that I can brush her flaws aside. I do not want her character to be flawed in a meaningless way. NO!

• Like 15
  • Insightful 1

11 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

That looks like a major time jump so for this drama's sake I hope that's the epilogue

Must be the epilogue. Soohyun seems to have a longer hairstyle! Whoa!

Spoiler

I suddenly thought of two dramas, MLSS and SG
Both of the dramas... The OTP ended up together despite the male lead's mother strongly opposed of their relationship
The latter OTP even have a bunch of kids! <3

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Anyway, I know we are all happy that JH is gonna fight for his love for SH but, correct me if I'm wrong because I'm basing this off the recaps tonight, what can he do exactly to change her mind? I'm not mad at her character, I'm just confused as hell. She ended things with him, she even took off her ring, then somehow the writer wants us to believe that she'll have a complete turnaround in the last 60 minutes of the show? I just cannot comprehend this, I'm sorry. Someone enlighten me? I promised to stay away for the night but this just keeps nagging at me

ETA: @dianss23 I think it would be best to put that under the spoiler tag?

My sense is that SH is still very much in love with JH. Her taking off her ring etc just show to us she lacks the confidence that they being together will bring him happiness. Possibly, she fears that they will have to part eventually when her very public life becomes too unbearable for JH or his family so might as well end it earlier.

Thus, if JH refuses to leave even when she pushes him away, she will cave in and come back to him.

In the earlier episode, she attempted to leave JH after she read about him receiving bad press from media because of her. He refused the break up but gave her space instead. SH went to look for JH once she realised she missed him and needed him in her life.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

I'm thinking exactly the same thing.

I don't know. Maybe she'll be the one who grabs him back this time. (That run in the preview)

Maybe someone will finally enlighten her to "just think about yourself and care less about the others"; and when she realises she' on the verge to lose him (Jinhyuk might be going somewhere), so there's no room for hesitation?

I'm worried the writer has added too much stubbornness (i might be using the wrong word) in her character. And I wholeheartedly refuse this. She is the best female lead that I've seen in a while and I like her to the point that I can brush her flaws aside.

@bubblechoco

I think as I mentioned in previous page, when CSH requested to break up, it is not mutual agreed; therefore, KJH can chase CSH and act as her boyfriend by asking any supported situations to meet CSH from Mr.Nam and Secretary Jang.

Compared to in early episodes when KJH has only himself and Mr.Nam to cheer him be with CSH, currently KJH has much more reinforced team to change CSH’s mind from 

- Mr.Nam who goes with CSH almost everywhere;

- CSH’s father whom CSH loves, cares, and listen;

- Secretary Jang who knows where CSH is and will be in coming days;

- Teacher Lee who knows what CSH thinks from private discusdion with CSH;

- KJH’s dad who is witty;

- KJH’s younger brother to cheer up;

- HI, might be when she realizes how much KJH loves CSH and CSH too

- PR director who closed to CSH for years and can tell KJH about CSH’s working status.

Compared to a woman as a girlfriend, CSH has the very important characteristic that a boyfriend can dream of.

Even CSH is very beautiful but she is not flirt or open opportunity to any other guys including her ex-husband who attempted very hard to court her, she is clear cut that she has no nice manner to other guys.

KJH realizes this CSH’s feature as a good girlfriend when he mentioned wherever she goes and whoever she meets, he knows her heart is with only him. 

Only one feature CSH has which might be annoying is sometimes underestimate and blame herself when she concerned KJH too much to trouble him from her too well known status but it might not be matter if KJH understands and always insists with actions. 

28 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

My sense is that SH is still very much in love with JH. Her taking off her ring etc just show to us she lacks the confidence that they being together will bring him happiness. Possibly, she fears that they will have to part eventually when her very public life becomes too unbearable for JH or his family so might as well end it earlier.

Thus, if JH refuses to leave even when she pushes him away, she will cave in and come back to him.

In the earlier episode, she attempted to leave JH after she read about him receiving bad press from media because of her. He refused the break up but gave her space instead. SH went to look for JH once she realised she missed him and needed him in her life.

@luvhollandlop

Agreed too.

Being CSH’s boyfriend, she might often hesitate, KJH has to try harder to insist with any possible ways to remain as her boyfriend, no need pride here, just pester because KJH loves CSH so much and CSH loves KJH very much.  

• Like 13
  • Insightful 2

One Prediction came true....

Cha Soo Hyun's Omma redeemed herself in the end.:)

If there's hope for her, there's hope for Jin Hyuk's Omma.:D

Off to a blissful sleep after seeing the preview and the spoiler pic.

• Like 13
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, selen4ever said:

The preview

E16 Preview Translations by bubblechoco:

Jinhyuk: You must be scared.
Jinhyuk: Don't cry for too long.

Miock (Soohyun's mother): (Should be referring to Congressman Cha here) Would be nice if he has eaten before he left.
Hyein: You are such a cool person. I'm rooting for your feelings.
Jinhyuk: I don't have the intent to disturb you.

Jinhyuk: I just want to drive you home at ease.
Jinhyuk: Please tell the CEO not to worry.
Jinhyuk: No matter what kind of news she receives. It's only a process.

=

I'm glad to have known you all although I've been here for just a few days. Please don't leave this thread right after the finale! Would love to spend more time together ^__^

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 9

Has anyone noticed the new OST appeared somewhere tonight?
It should be there as they have promoted the new OST in the preview

It is going to officially release at 6PM (Korean Standard Time) tomorrow 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Okay, this makes me think that JH will go ahead and resign his position and they will be apart for awhile, even if not an actual time jump since JH is asking someone to reassure SH that he's okay no matter what she may hear about him.

Between the possibility of this and the spoiler picture, I just want everything to be cohesive and tie up nicely 

Spoiler

This makes me wonder if we're ever going back to Cuba? Although I am finding less and less reason for it to be narratively significant. 

My last thoughts. Too many feels.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, bubblechoco said:

I'm worried the writer has added too much stubbornness (i might be using the wrong word) in her character.

I think we've seen enough of CSH to know that it's not stubbornness but rather, too much consideration for others that shape her thinking and actions. Sec Jang has made the remark on a number of occasions. CSH, who knows how it's like to be scorned and gossiped at, is considerate not to put KJH and his family through the same situations and suffer similar agony. His mum can't take it, Just one incident with a neighbor and her imagination ran wild. Too wild. It could have been clarified by talking to her son.

I for one would love to see lots of lovey dovey scenes although I know that's not possible. I'm fine if the issue with KJH's mum was screen in maybe ep 12 and then she turns around in ep 14 and the last 2 eps to resolve Taekyeong issues and illicit funds quickly and focus on KJH and CSH. After all, the title is "Boyfriend" which could include them doing more activities together like ice-skating, going on hiking like KJH suggested....why not focus on some of these positive activities as well, so the angst could be balanced. 

It's their journey together but it seems rather tumultuous and challenging more than anything else. What happened to the expressive love and passion that should drive them even closer and stronger.....it's like these were dropped from the relationship since Cuba. Something seems to be missing since then.

The process of having a happy ending in Boyfriend is a painful one and its focus is bend on making sacrifices and encountering issues at every possible turn. Would it not be possible to make Boyfriend a more comfortable ride for two people in love, which is highly probably because anything is possible with a romance drama. 

If ep 16 allocates the last 10 minutes for KJH and CSH to reconcile....get married and then epilogue with kids etc....I would still a sense of anti-climax and wish that the process is less painful and more loving for this sweet couple. We certainly need their sweet and cute moments more than anything else in the final episode.

Perhaps PD NIM and the scriptwriter  are  sadists...lol. I remember the PD said that both PBG and SHK are 'rich' with their emotions (express themselves well) but I didn't reckon he'll make them cry so much within 3 episodes ...to satisfy his craving to see them cry....lol

That being said, I am smiling at the start when they were playful in the library....got tensed after and got hopeful in the last few minutes at KJH's serious and determined face.....as he made his way firmly to CSH's office...

• Like 14
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 4