Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

10 minutes ago, jl08 said:

I think it's the quality and impact rather than quantity/duration of how bad the character is.....

well, tbh, I wish the PD and scriptwriter had taken a different route from the usual K drama...like resolving issues and breakup at the last episode. It is better to focus on happiness in the last 2 episodes since this drama is so beautiful..

I totally agree. 3 episodes back to back to back of angst is too draining. I’m a mess right now. I’m not really putting my hopes up too high for the finale but I know it’s gonna be a happy ending tho. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

I Haven't seen   tonight's episode yet. but base on the comments here ,SH will go to Cuba JH might follow her and might reconcile. Seeing how determine he is on the ending of tonight's episode ( I just refer to the pictures posted here tonight). He will probably not going to stop pursuing SH ( we all know how determined/stubborn he is). 

the ending might be:

1. They will reconcile in Cuba- meet at the cafe again where in the previous episode we saw that JH left a note asking if SH has a boyfriend.

2. SH will leave a note in the same cafe again on her last day in Cuba and then JH will arrived but too late so he will run to the airport and see SH there.  ( or there might be time lapse- they will meet in Airport in Korea like the previous episode JH will see SH outside the airport walking with sec.Jang- this time he will go after her not just watch her leave like in the other episode). 

I don't know, just these crazy ideas are running in my head right now. Maybe I was thinking too much on what the ending will be.

PS. 
Pardon me for writing this. Like what I have said, I haven't seen the episode yet. 
I don't know, just these crazy ideas are running in my head right now. Maybe I was thinking too much on what the ending will be. Maybe all rooting for a happy ending.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

@autumnight

I don't just need to see him smile, I would rather see him smile than cry his heart out. His sparkly smile cheer me up, whereas his crying wants me to curse the person who made him cry. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Preview showed SH running... Maybe JH will leave for some place and she will stop him?:bawling:

• Like 7

Omg I’m working ATM (i didnt leave my phone at home) and I’m silently reading all the live recap because I cant reply because (yes) I’m working. :sweat:

I was crying when they broke up (God bless SHK and PBG’s face all ugly like that!). My patient got scared asked if his condition was something serious. :sweatingbullets: (Which rewarded with a serious stare from my head nurse. SMH).

Although this episode was effing sad, I have no negative comments about it. Feeling sad and emotional is all part of creating entertainment as long as it ends happily. I wouldnt want all lovey dovey scenes.

Seriously though, if I dont see a full blown make out sessionS next episode, well LET’S FLY TO KOREA! :triumph:

• Like 7
  • LOL 11

20 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

It would have been nice if KJH just suddenly kiss her here, and said that he will never give her up.. will really cure our pain and their pain...

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote links, thanks! :)
  • Like 6
  • LOL 4

@bubblechoco I think they kept the script right, they didn’t spend too much time on needless things and gave screen time to everyone. Like it made sense that WS would want to reach out to SH but there is character development since their last conversation, he respects the fact that he shouldn’t overstep. So no regression and positive growth.

SH’s mother realizing her mistakes but very realistically done, no immediate hugs and words of love between mother and daughter. The entire exchange didn’t insult the viewers intelligence, things aren’t hunky dory but there is progress here.

JH seeking out the old widow because she is the only one he can speak to, it was interesting to note that the widow didn’t tell him about her and SH’s conversation. It shows she knows more about JH’s personality than his mother, I think if she felt any real doubt that JH wouldn’t be able to overcome this trial she would have told him despite breaking her promise to SH. 

JH’s dad reprimanding his wife but not betraying her by telling JH, he has an honorable personality and one could see how disappointed he was with her.Driver Nam holding a mirror to SH, telling her to be brave. Sec Jang and JM continue to be good supportive positive characters to the lead couple.

JH’s mother being troublesome made a lot of sense, though it wasn’t pleasant at all. If SH gets her love for paintings from her mom, I guess JH gets his stubbornness from his mom. <_< It wouldn’t do for her to take such a drastic step of confronting SH only to be normal in one episode. His mom has decades old biases that she is battling, I only wish they had shown this an episode or two earlier.

Slightly worried how they’re going to tie it all up into a tidy bow in a 60 minute episode.:huh:

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 4

DxmiUPlU0Awofs_.jpg

DxmiUl1U0AMNq6e.jpg
DxmiU5NVsAAqwCc.jpg

Spoiler

DxmiVPVU8AAk2SW.jpg@BGwellmyspaces Twitter

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Sad 11

7 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Slightly worried how they’re going to tie it all up into a tidy bow in a 60 minute episode.

Yes lot of loose ends to tie up..esp on the issues between JH n SH.. coz the way CSH broke up.. there will never be full trust till they get married..

All issues except JH mom n their love will be resolved pretty fast trow.. but how are they going to develop CSH personality in 1 hour.. she has to learn to let go of her fears. I guess this is why they are going for a time jump.. she will gradually  become confident n strong free over time thanks to JH impact n finally think abt herself

• Like 7
  • Insightful 6

59 minutes ago, jl08 said:

I think it's the quality and impact rather than quantity/duration of how bad the character is.....

well, tbh, I wish the PD and scriptwriter had taken a different route from the usual K drama...like resolving issues and breakup at the last episode. It is better to focus on happiness in the last 2 episodes since this drama is so beautiful..

Could it be SH running to look for him since he seems to be staying alone somewhere....with snow....

To be honest, Encounter as a whole, is already so much better than I expected.

When I first read the synopsis, I thought, omg it's another noona-romance drama, and chaebol family is involved! (Nothing wrong with that)

Because of this, I thought:

- The male lead is going to be childish at times, self-abased of the difference between himself and the female lead, tries to drag her down to his level and persuades her to give up everything to live a simple life - and that creates a lot of pointless conflict / argument.

- Jinhyuk's best friend (Hyein) is going to destroy OTP after learning of their relationship. Thus will agree to write the anonymous article.

- The chaebol family will do everything to destroy Jinhyuk (e.g. harassing his family, fruit store, people around them, spread malicious rumours, etc)

- Wooseok is a cunning, wicked person that will give OTP a hard time, won't leave them alone with a second of peace.

- This drama will not focus on romance, but family-war and business-war (Lots of melodramas are like this, they convert to something else midway)

- It will not solely focus on OTP and depicts the life of the supporting cast A LOT to the point that I got so fed up.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's all I can remember at the moment. Might be more but my brain is currently dead T_T

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

Since jh’s mom is so stubborn, I hope jh moves out of her house and live with SH...eh , what can she do :P

joking aside, I do think both need some times to sort out what is important and what’s not. Times to absorb and sort things out, we all need it at times. I think they won’t drag out at ep 16 , a happy ending with a lot of kisses and maybe babies , I believe  :tounge_wink:

• Like 11
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Is a time jump really inevitable? :tears: I would’ve wanted this drama to show SH standing up for herself without the use of time jumps. That’s what they were building up during the beginning of this drama. That’s what made me love her as a character 

Maybe I just need to watch it with subs but  I’m really confused about the direction the writer is taking SH’s character right now :bawling:

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

So I scheduled my vacation for this week after calculating that Encounter would end last week. I did not anticipate that it would be pushed back. Thankfully our hotel has very strong WiFi and I was able to stream today’s episode which I’m not sure was such a good decision since I totally lost it during the scene in SH’s office which was beyond heartbreaking! My husband woke up to JH’s massive breakdown and was like who broke PBG. His mom does not understand her son at all. He is a remarkable person who should never have to settle for a simple life. I wouldn’t be able to look at her either if I were his dad. At least SH’s mom is coming around to the light again.That fierce look of determination on JH’s face gave me so much hope though.

• Like 13
  • Love 3

SH has gone through so much pain emotionally. Crazy in laws who were not only controlling but abusive emotionally. Crazy parent who sacrificed her daughter  to satisfy her greed for power. Gossip hungry media who feed on her every move. It is no wonder she lacks the confidence to bring happiness to JH. She needs a determined JH who will not give up easily and have enough courage and forgiveness for both of them to stay and not leave no matter what.

You go JH!

• Like 9
  • Love 4

20 minutes ago, coolbrattyro said:

I Haven't seen   tonight's episode yet. but base on the comments here ,SH will go to Cuba JH might follow her and might reconcile. Seeing how determine he is on the ending of tonight's episode ( I just refer to the pictures posted here tonight). He will probably not going to stop pursuing SH ( we all know how determined/stubborn he is). 

the ending might be:

1. They will reconcile in Cuba- meet at the cafe again where in the previous episode we saw that JH left a note asking if SH has a boyfriend.

2. SH will leave a note in the same cafe again on her last day in Cuba and then JH will arrived but too late so he will run to the airport and see SH there.  ( or there might be time lapse- they will meet in Airport in Korea like the previous episode JH will see SH outside the airport walking with sec.Jang- this time he will go after her not just watch her leave like in the other episode). 

I don't know, just these crazy ideas are running in my head right now. Maybe I was thinking too much on what the ending will be.

PS. 
Pardon me for writing this. Like what I have said, I haven't seen the episode yet. 
I don't know, just these crazy ideas are running in my head right now. Maybe I was thinking too much on what the ending will be. Maybe all rooting for a happy ending.

I totally agree the cafe will play a part. And if I may add:

SH goes to Cuba as planned, determined to break up with JH.  JH goes to Cuba in pursuit, determined to change her mind. Ex-husband goes to Cuba with expectations that he can now win SH because she has broken up with JH.

Final scene, SH and JH back on El Malecon beach, watching the sunset, kissed (3 minutes on our screen). 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

SH’s been a broken bird this whole time and JH has been that one person in her life who truly understood how and when she needed to be tended.

Their whole relationship has been her reclaiming her life and power over it, by taking the first step to truly forgive her mother and wanting to have her in her life shows that JH has been successful in giving SH enough love and security to work through her problems.

Now the final issue is something that they both need to work on, stop being too kind. Like Sec Jang says “stop blaming yourself”. Both SH ,JH indivually and together need to realize that while it’s good to be kind and sensitive to your family but you need to know when your family is in the wrong, making demands that don’t do any good to anyone but satisfy one person’s immature feelings. 

No more analyzing posts for me until the next episode. Too many feels.

Adieu. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 8

2 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Is a time jump really inevitable? :tears: I would’ve wanted this drama to show SH standing up for herself without the use of time jumps. That’s what they were building up during the beginning of this drama. That’s what made me love her as a character 

Maybe I just need to watch it with subs but  I’m really confused about the direction the writer is taking SH’s character right now :bawling:

I wouldn't have been sure about the preview if not for the snowfall.. feb end snowfall is rare in korea... unless they want to show snowfall in feb end/ march.. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1