Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

i think they will end in cuba. As in the scenes in cuba i suspect they shot it all in one go. No way it is economical they go to cuba every time they shoot (which we seen twice now). 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, avondale16 said:

Maybe. But nooooooo. She can think about it in her head,

But enough with sleeping pills but no suicide, ok.

Think only can but not take action, my dear CSH.

The thing is that she kept mentioning to JH if her happiness with him was just a dream. So her words seem to indicate that she had trouble to differentiate reality from dream, like it is too good to be true. But then her dream is destroyed and it becomes a nightmare, especially when the scandal with her father will occur. So going back to "sleep" could be definitely seen as a solution to escape the pain. Don't forget that we already have one person who committed suicide in this drama: KSJ's brother. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 13
  • Insightful 2

27 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

The thing is that she kept mentioning to JH if her happiness with him was just a dream. So her words seem to indicate that she had trouble to differentiate reality from dream, like it is too good to be true. But then her dream is destroyed and it becomes a nightmare, especially when the scandal with her father will occur. So going back to "sleep" could be definitely seen as a solution to escape the pain. Don't forget that we already have one person who committed suicide in this drama: KSJ's brother. 

Omg why @bebebisous33 why would you think like that...pl don't.PD def won't give an ending that spells DOOM for similar relationships

Though Sec Jang will voice her concerns to Nam or JH..CSH personality is very strong minded.. the way it's portrayed.. so wont happen.. don't worry 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Lim Hyoseon has joined the rest of the drama team to play with our heads. <_< 

Does the cross  mean that they are wedded in the eyes of god?

Or is it symbolic of sacrifice- crucifiction where SH-JH will be wrongfully blamed and have to sacrifice their love.  

The cross is also placed as a tombstone above Christian burial sites, the angle of the picture here looks like it’s above JH.

have some pity on us BF team and stop playing with our heads, we’ve been so good.

9-D268532-0-C30-4090-A306-5197-E1414-F6-

I so know that’s we are getting a happy ending so stop this!!! 

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

15 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Lim Hyoseon has joined the rest of the drama team to play with our heads. <_< 

Does the cross  mean that they are wedded in the eyes of god?

Or is it symbolic of sacrifice- crucifiction where SH-JH will be wrongfully blamed and have to sacrifice their love.  

The cross is also placed as a tombstone above Christian burial sites, the angle of the picture here looks like it’s above JH.

have some pity on us BF team and stop playing with our heads, we’ve been so good.

I so know that’s we are getting a happy ending so stop this!!! 

I’d like to think wedded in the eyes of God, for the sake of my sanity

Caption translates to: “l’ll be there all the time” which is interesting and can be interpreted in so many ways

Can it be Wednesday already? The wait is killing me! And can the final 2 episodes be an hour and a half long?

• Like 15

29 minutes ago, nikir said:

Omg why @bebebisous33 why would you think like that...pl don't.PD def won't give an ending that spells DOOM for similar relationships

Though Sec Jang will voice her concerns to Nam or JH..CSH personality is very strong minded.. the way it's portrayed.. so wont happen.. don't worry 

I am not saying that CSH will die but she might indeed attempt to commit suicide. And let us not forget the reference of The little Prince. In there, the little prince decides to let the snake bite him because he misses his rose so much. There it is written: "He falls like a falling tree". So death is evoked in this story. 

As for the story The little prince, I will write about it much more in details later. I perceives parallels between CSH and the prince.   

• Like 7
  • Sad 11

@ahdrianaa

missed you here chingu.

A cross could mean a couple of things, but by God! Stop playing with our heads! Make it a wedding and not a funeral! Or a tombstone! :bawling:

I’ve seen SHK die a couple of times and I AM NOT ready to have her dead in this drama! Not Cha Soo Hyun! :angry: 

KJH will die! This will become another Romeo and Juliet!

Oh dear @bebebisous33 I hope your CSH commiting suicide wont come true. No offense to you, ok? You know I love your analyses but PLEASE DO NOT listen to her PD-nim and Writer-nim!

PS. My post seem strong but I’m not feeling that kind of emotion irl. Really :sweatingbullets::P

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 11

Just now, dukesa1122 said:

@ahdrianaa

missed you here chingu.

A cross could mean a couple of things, but by God! Stop playing with our heads! Make it a wedding and not a funeral! Or a tombstone! :bawling:

I’ve seen SHK die a couple of times and I AM NOT ready to have her dead in this drama! Not Cha Soo Hyun! :angry: 

KJH will die! This will become another Romeo and Juliet!

Oh dear @bebebisous33 I hope your CSH commiting suicide wont come true. No offense to you, ok? You know I love your analyses but PLEASE DO NOT listen to her PD-nim and Writer-nim!

Well, first of all, this would make JH's mother realize the real damage she caused: not only she hurt her son but she also hurt someone else's precious child. Only her sons matter and nothing more. She is not really aware of her huge selfishness. This would make her realize her own prejudice as well, as she associated CSH to an easy and carefree life. She knew nothing about her and thought, CSH owned everything in her life hence she could accept to lose JH. She took the image created by the media as the reality. Besides, I have always said that this drama is about the demystification of fairy tales. 

And please, I am not saying that CSH will die. I am definitely expecting a happy ending but so far, no one except JH knows CSH's real life (all the pain she had been put through). This would also force JH not to follow his mother's wish.  

• Like 9
  • Sad 5
  • Insightful 5

Agree with what you said @bebebisous33 tho I don’t think a suicide attempt is in the cards. 

I can’t wait for your Little Prince analysis!

Anyway, what I would want is for JH’s mum to come to terms with his relationship with SH and accept it. Just one scene with her realizing her mistake then that’s it .No need to go through the histrionics of it all. 

I also want JH to move out of their house. He is 30, and I’d like to think he has saved enough money to at least rent a tiny apartment. He doesn’t have to move in with SH right away. This, I think, can be a logical conclusion to the whole mum fiasco.

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Agree with what you said @bebebisous33 tho I don’t think a suicide attempt is in the cards. 

I can’t wait for you Little Prince analysis!

Anyway, what I would want is for JH’s mum to come to terms with his relationship with SH and accept it. Just one scene with her realizing her mistake then that’s it .No need to go through the histrionics of it all. 

I also want JH to move out of their house. He is 30, and I’d like to think he has saved enough money to at least rent a tiny apartment. He doesn’t have to move in with SH right away. This, I think, can be a logical conclusion to the whole mum fiasco.

Well, she might take too many sleeping pills because she has trouble to sleep... and she has an overdosis of sleeping pills. the result is: it looks like a suicide attempt.

• Like 12
  • Sad 3

@bebebisous33

Your argument is so valid, it’s scary :tears:

I want this drama to break norms as well but not this way. KJH mom did alot of damage and is becoming a turning point to this love story. I still hope CSH wont commit suicide, dead or not.

@stardustvoid

Agree to what you said last page. They might not come to terms right away but at least his mom should be civil and sensible about their relationship. Parent/s not accepting the son’s girlfriend is common setup in western dramas so I hope they would find the middle ground. 

I also think (i think it was @stroppyse who said this) that CSH will slowly crawl into his moms heart by cooking. 

I know this is alot to cram in 2 episodes but a girl can hope :sweatingbullets:

• Like 12

@dukesa1122 I was too depressed to post here, the thread reminds me that it’s the last week.

@bebebisous33 yes, I thought the same after the first episode. There is so much focus on her consumption of sleeping pills that the possibility cannot be ignored. Don’t you think that the show suggests SH suffering from depression, it’s sort of implied but not yet confirmed. Someone suffering from depression could overdose on medicine without intending to kill themselves.

Spoiler

In high school someone in the year above me overdosed on sleeping pills and was discovered dead by his mother the next morning. Turns out he was suffering from depression, he also had a bad case of insomnia which was aggravated by his depression. :tears:

• Like 1
  • Sad 17
  • Insightful 2

So far, in terms of predictions, I am happy that

1) Hye In as predicted did not close ranks with Taegyeong as it will go against her desire of protecting Jin hyuk from getting hurt...

2) that Congressman Cha will reciprocate the sacrifice his daughter Soo Hyun made to help his political career and that his way of doing it was going to serve his purpose of 'living properly' in the form of admitting to receiving political bribery from Taegyeong, a most effective way of bringing about its downfall (hopefully), thus, freeing Soo Hyun from its clutches...

So I still hold fast to this in terms of the ending....

bEIqavy.png

and to what Song Hye Kyo said in the Press Conference which I posted here several pages back that "It's a cute love story." I cannot reconcile anything tragic with that statement. :)

• Like 9
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 7

Good point, @ahdrianaa.

She might be depressed. Strictly speaking tho, to be diagnosed with a major depressive disorder you must fulfill at least 5 of the core symptoms of it. These symptoms should also last two weeks. Oh, and insomnia is very common among depressed patients.

Generally speaking, the term depression has a very broad meaning in the field of psychiatry. There’s major depression, there’s persistent depression (lasting up to 2 years), then there’s double depression (major depression on top of persistent depression)

Anyway, I didn’t mean to give a crash course on mood disorders lol BUT it will be hard to diagnose our dear CSH, who is a fictional character

Given what she’s been through tho for the past years, I’d say she might be in a persistent depressive state until of course, JH came along. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 6

@stardustvoid what about lack of appetite? Is that a sign for depression too?

SH keeps hinting that she doesn’t have much of an appetite during the show, she tells Secretary Jang that she wants a certain kind of breakfast, she tells JH that she is picky about food. JH is constantly worrying about her meals, she even tells him during their dinner that it was the first meal of the day for her

• Like 7
  • Insightful 7

5 Lines By Park Bo Gum From âEncounterâ That Made Our Hearts Flutter

5 Lines By Park Bo Gum From “Encounter” That Made Our Hearts Flutter

Jan 22, 2019
by D. S.kim

With only two episodes left until the end of “Encounter,” viewers are feeling bittersweet to see the romantic journey of Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo) and Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum) come to an end. The end of the drama also means the end of Jin Hyuk’s sweet words to and about Soo Hyun, which touched not only Soo Hyun’s heart but also those of viewers.

Here are five lines from Jin Hyuk that filled our stomachs with butterflies!

1. “My place is within a 10 centimeter distance of Cha Soo Hyun.”

In episode 11, Soo Hyun expresses her concerns about their relationship. She reveals that she worries Jin Hyuk is too good to be true and that it would all be a dream when she wakes up in the morning.

In response, Jin Hyuk calms her down by promising to always be next to Soo Hyun. He says, “I have a new set of coordinates now. My place is within a 10 centimeter distance of Cha Soo Hyun. I will always be there.”

2. “If there’s something I have to deal with in order to protect her, whatever that may be, I will not run away from it.”

In episode 12, Jin Hyuk is confronted by Jung Woo Suk (Jang Seung Jo), Soo Hyun’s ex-husband. When Jung Woo Suk tells Jin Hyuk to give up on Soo Hyun because he will not be able to handle her, Jin Hyuk shows his determination to keep her.

He says, “If there’s something I need to deal with in order to protect her, whatever that may be, I will not run away.” He adds, “I’m protecting her my way.”

3. “She is the first one to help me realize what love is.”

In episode 14, Jin Hyuk meets with Soo Hyun’s father. During the meeting, Soo Hyun’s father asks about Jin Hyuk’s relationship with Soo Hyun, and Jin Hyuk answers, “I care about her a lot.”

He continues, “She is the first person to help me realize what love is. I want to take responsibility for that love.” By doing so, Jin Hyuk sets the mind of Soo Hyun’s father at ease.

4. “I will walk together with this person.”

In episode 11, Jin Hyuk confesses to his father about his true feelings for Soo Hyun. When his father reveals that he is worried about him, Jin Hyuk says, “I will walk together with this person. I don’t know where it will take us, but we will go as far as we can.”

When Jin Hyuk’s father sees that Jin Hyuk is certain about his feelings for Soo Hyun, he puts aside his worries and decides to trust his son.

5. “She makes me an honorable man.”

In episode 14, Jin Hyuk shows his deepened feelings for Soo Hyun to his mother who worries about the differences between Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun. However, Jin Hyuk lets his mother know that Soo Hyun is a special person to him by saying, “I think she turns me into an honorable man.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1296725wpp/5-lines-park-bo-gum-encounter-made-hearts-flutter

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3