Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

2 hours ago, stardustvoid said:

You are absolutely correct that in the context of the lamplighter, it could be CSH

I previously said that the Little Prince could also be CSH. 

The little prince

rOwTnOw.jpg

and his rose :P

20BCRem.jpg

I kid, but CSH has been wearing red a lot ... :lol:

1 hour ago, stardustvoid said:

I think what really irked me about JH’s mum tonight was when she said that a mother’s love can never change but SH’s might. Something to that effect. I kinda get where she’s coming from but...

It just sounded a bit possesive, I don’t know if it’s just my overall mood but it kinda rubbed me the wrong way. 

I hate that the writer took the direction of girlfriend vs mother, very cliche. And I also hate that she makes all the moms problematic, while the dads are all cool and supportive... What a sexist coincidence. :angry:

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 3

my heart wont be able to take this... ! 

i am passing this 2 episode till i see the rainbow next week. 

this is just soooo sad!!! so heart breaking! :tears:

my hope who i am clinging to right now to save them both... my cupid hero Driver Nam! i hope he comes and save those lost and lonely souls again...just like he did that NY Eve celebrations. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

The Power of 'Boyfriend' Pure Melo....

Enter the article at 9:01 am
Last modified 2019.01.18 at 12:41 am......                                    Song Hye Kyo who is ringing in the audience, this is the Queen of Tears
20190117000168_0_20190118004145466.jpg?type=w430_q70View original[Herald economy = Seo Byung-ki senior reporter] 'Boyfriend' is pure melody without genre combination. It was difficult to drag the mini series with the power of melody, so it was often the case to combine professional genres and thrillers with melodies to present a hybrid genre format. It is a kind of risk-sharing walk. But the power of the melody came out as usual. 
When I saw the drama on the ending of Song Hye - kyo 's tears, I could not cry well and the tears came out. I do not think it's going to be the audience's demand that the Saad ending is not possible. 
The story of this drama is nothing special. Only the sex of the chaebol and the ordinary woman changed. In the early days, there was also a sound of a cliché setting, but now there are a lot of emotional viewers. 
I thought it was a drama that received 'buff' with Song Hye Kyo and Park Sookmyung's face to concentrate on Melo only. But now it's become a melodrama that receives 'buffs' from both feelings and heart. 
Kim Jin-hyuk, who plays Park Sung-gum, is surprisingly straight forward. It is soft but strong, mild but obvious. It is trustworthy. Kim Jin-hyuk, who grows up to be a man of integrity from a pure youth with a warm and confident genius and a confident confession, draws a fine picture. 
Cha Seo-hyun, produced by Song Hye-kyo, is supported by both male and female viewers. When it is strong, it is strong, and when it is soft, it is infinite. It means that it can be distinguished. Song Hye - kyo goes well with both the bright melodrama and the sad melody. Especially excellent for acting like pure fairy tale love. The tears at that time are the best weapons. The pure, simple and pretty love of those who are not calculated as the world becomes cloudy makes us feel like surrogacy.
The TVN drama 'Boyfriend' 13th broadcast on 16th showed the love of Kim Jin-hyuk (Park Bo-gum) and Cha Soo-hyun (Song Hye-kyo) again. Chae Soo-hyun did not go to the anniversary celebration for her father-in-law but went to the home of Kim Jin-hyuk. 
Jinhyuk said to Su-hyun, "Time without Mr. Suh is not my time. I live with me for a long time. " It is because it feels genuine that it does not come to a point and it approaches to the throbbing. 
But why is it so difficult to love these two? The tears of Song Hye-kyo (Cha Soo-hyun) made the hearts of viewers sick. For someone, ordinary things can be a dream for someone. Because she was a dreamer who knew the happiness of ordinary people desperately and desperately, she could not say anything to the request of the mother who wanted to not break the ordinaryness and had to shed tears. 
On the same day, Cha Seo-hyun came up one step closer to Kim Jin-hyuk (Boo Sookmoon), who had courage. However, Cha Seo-hyun's face, which can not be laughed at in the face of reality, makes the hearts of the audience grin. Even in the confession of Kim Jin-hyeong that he wanted to live together for a long time, Cha Seo-hyun avoided the answer and only looked at the bouquet that he gave complicatedly. 
Cha Soo-hyun's eyes were sad and painful. The past and memories keep catching their ankles. The marriage to the Taekyung group was a bitter memory for Cha Seo-hyun, and it was difficult and heavy for her to stand with a pretty bouquet. "I can really dream of it," said Cha Soo-hyun, worried that he would be greedy even dreaming of happiness. 
Because it was happiness that I thought so dearly and cherished, Cha's tears came to hurt more. At the request of his mother to leave Kim Jin-hyeok, Cha Soo-hyun poured tears silently. In the shaking eyes, turning his head, and watching the silent crying face, the audience got along well. 
Song Hye - kyo 's emotional performance, which adds depth, further illuminated the scene. Her tears were full of Cha Sung-hyun's complicated and sad feelings, and Kim Jin-hyeok's desire not to leave her hands. Without any ambassadors, it was Song Hye - kyo who conveyed emotions with only tears flowing down. It was an hour to let her know why she was a non-substitute actor. 
In the next trailer, Cha Soo-hyun said, "I will not answer if the ordinary happiness of Jinhyuk's family is shaken because of me." I can understand her mother 's heart, but can not I just let these two people love her. 
However, Song Hye Kyo and Park 
Sogeong , why do they act so well .. wp@heraldcorp.com....source credit @https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=016&aid=0001488220&lfrom=twitter

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Tbh I'm annoyed at JH's mum but I guess I won't put her on the same level as the other two. Imo she's conservative and unfortunately it's causing a problem for our OTP. I just hope she realises that she isn't doing anything good by separating her son from the only woman he loves.

How I wish JH's dad knew what she did so that he could talk some sense into her. Lol

DxH4pzPU0AAQ0lC?format=jpg&name=large

DxH3F_TVYAUpZqP?format=jpg&name=large

DxH3F_LUYAAdjKz?format=jpg&name=large

ctto

So cute! :wub:

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ahdrianaa said:

ia about the possessive tone. What he said before that sort of proves that she is possessive. 

JH: In this whole wide world there are only two women I love, you and that woman. Now you will ask me who I love more. I love you both equally, it’s just different kind of love.

Mom : yes, it’s different JH ah. Omma’s love will not change whereas...

JH: her love will not change either. 

@dukesa1122 feel better!! 

And her words underlines a certain delusion: she assumes that JH's love for her will never change too. Yet I doubt that once JH knows about his mother's action, he will still love her like before. This will change him... such a disappointment which will help him to put some boundaries towards his mother. To me, her words clearly show that she thinks, she will remain his biggest love. CSH as such is not the problem in the end... it is the other woman in general. So this oedipal complex hasn't been solved.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6

I first watched episode 13 without subs and couldn't bring myself to watch episode 14 and just relied on the live recaps. I couldn't get any sleep and decided to rewatch the scene where JH's mom asked her to break up with her son, this time with subs. 

I can understood JH mom's stated reasons for wanting SH to break up with JH, but watching that scene again didn't hurt any less. And despite her repeatedly saying I'm so sorry to SH, it just felt even more hurtful. It somehow felt like a slap in the face. Worse, SH couldn't defend herself. And seeing her unrestrained tears was still way too upsetting for me.  She had always been so tightly controlled when it comes to her feelings. This is the first time I have ever felt that I hate the words "I am sorry, and please". It reminded me of SH's mom who also pleaded with her to attend the death anniversary, by using the word please repeatedly. But it didn't move nor hurt her because her mom no longer has any control or holds any power over SH. Whereas this time around, she was completely defenseless. SH wanted so much for JH's mom to like her. Sigh. 

I just observed that the mom seems terrified that JH might get his heart broken over a relationship that's not even serious. I'm hoping that if SH decides to keep on going; the first thing she needs to do is let JH's mom know just how much her relationship with JH truly means to her. And also to let Mom see for herself how very capable JH is when it comes to his work. She should be proud of JH and care less about what other people think. There will always be haters and people jealous of him, but that should not stop them from living the way they want to. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Boyfriend' Park Bo Gom, Song Hye-kyo met his father .. "

Article Entered 2019.01.17 9:48 pm
Last modified 2019.01.17 9:49 pm 
0003791567_001_20190117214948307.jpg?type=w430_q70View original
Park Sookmoon, Moon Sung Keun / TVN Capture © News 1
(Seoul = News 1) Lee Ji Hyun reporter 'Boyfriend' Park Sookmyung met his father Song Hye Kyo. 
In the TVN drama 'Boyfriend' broadcasted on the afternoon of the 17th, Kim Jin-hyuk (Park Bo-gum) faced Cha Jong-hyun (Moon Sung-Keun), father of Cha Seo-hyun. 
Cha Jonghyun first proposed a meal to Kim Jin-hyuk and confided in his mind. He asked, "How about you and me? We had a lot of difficulties, but are we still seeing them well?" "I do not say so, so I asked him here," he laughed. 
Kim Jin-hyeok said, "I have a lot of dignity, and it is the person who made me know what it is to love for the first time, so I want to take responsibility for it." 
Cha Jonghyun told Kim Jin-hyuk, "I have one homework that I have not been able to do in the past, and I am afraid that Suhyun will be alone, so I can not do it. He said. 
So Kim Jin-hyuk smiled, saying, "Please watch me, I will always be around you so that you are not alone." 
Meanwhile, 'Boyfriend' is a romance drama that begins with Cha Byoung-hyo (Song Hye-gyo), who has never lived his chosen life, and a free and clear soul Kim Jin-hyuk (Park Bo Sword) is broadcasted every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 pm . 
lll@news1.kr....source credit @https://m.entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=421&aid=0003791567&rankingType=default&rankingDate=20190117

Repost Only: credit and thanks @2014rainy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

@ahdrianaa I do agree that SH's mother can feel disappointed with her new boyfriend.

If she felt that way because her daughter was happier with WS it's different. But it was always riches and power with her.

Yes she sacrificed herself for her husband. But then she expected a payoff. It is always about what she wanted. Yes a mother or wife should not be expected to sacrifice all. But her world view that SH would be better off for WS are for the wrong reasons. And her treatment towards SH is not a normal maternal sort of love. So yeah she can disapprove but she wanted WS and his associated benefits. It is not because she wanted or see how happy/ contented SH is with KJH. Yes SH is in the beginning stages of love but it's not as if KJH was dirt poor and incapable. He has a job and will be financially independant in the future. Not everyone can be born wealthy. He is average. And SH's mother wanted the cream of the husband crop for her own benefit.

That's why I understand her view. Have no sympathy for her as a mother for it. That shouldn't be why you have children. They are or should not be there for your social status. Where's the respect for them as an individual?

Btw am off for another busy day so won't be back still watching. I have no complaints about the watchability factor for this drama. Just a bit surprised at the extreme reactions like the plot developments are a surprise. You can see it coming. Its expected. And so is the ending.  I am not expecting a surprise ending.

What I am watching is the execution of the plot points. The story delivery. And so far its hitting all the right notes when it comes to delivery of expected plot devices in a Kdrama. Lovely pace. Lovely story flow.

Haven't screamed at the tv for this drama yet. Or the writer as well. Maybe whoever is screaming should watch some truly bad dramas to get a perspective. Or how badly bungled dramas and angst looks like. Say a 6 episode separation or a twit of a male or female lead. 

@autumnight agree with your views. However the drama is not jarring with unexpected issues. Or major omissions. It is a melo drama so I wasn't expecting legal or medical accuracy. So dialed my expectations to only having a good romance drama.

And maybe because I am Asian it takes a lot for me to react. Since I am used to unreasonable mothers and MIL's actions. The sense of entitlement that they seem to have interfering in their children's lives. My real life examples makes Kdramas mothers and MIL pale in comparison. I cringe more with what real mothers have done.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

:cry:

tumblr_plhpxjmJaK1vqfmslo4_r1_540.gif

tumblr_plhpxjmJaK1vqfmslo3_r1_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_plhpxjmJaK1vqfmslo5_r1_540.gif

tumblr_plhpxjmJaK1vqfmslo6_r1_540.gif

tumblr_plhpxjmJaK1vqfmslo7_r1_540.gif

soo hyun-ssi, i wonder where your world ends. 
wherever it is though, i’m certain that i’ll be there with you.

jin hyuk-ssi, i am now going to part ways with you.

captainjoongki

• Like 7
  • Sad 19

after seeing episode 13, I couldn't sleep and wasn't in the mood to do any task. 
hope episode 14 gives a positive, but even the opposite. now that I'm really tight seeing them split up,
 hopefully they end up happy so that I can live happily too
Edited by mads129
terlalu pendek
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

cheer-up @mads129 

Since we have the conflict this week, hopefully it's HE next week!

Hope nobody gets depressed over this drama! Go watch the happy scenes if you're sad :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

boyfriend14.png

Boyfriend] Ep 14 spoilers, Park Bo Gum x Song Hye Gyo

Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2019

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Song Hye Gyo decides to break up with Park Bo Gum, "I'll break up with you now" 

1. [+1239,-73]
A boyfriend like Kim Jin Hyuk, Park Bo Gum doesn't exist... A blackhole without any exit.. It was sad. Jin Hyuk said he will be wherever Soo Hyun is. I understand where Soo Hyun is coming from, but don't break up. ㅠㅠㅠ Don't cry. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+864,-32]
The two are thinking for each other too much.. Just let them love each other.. ㅜㅜㅜ Don't 

tear my heart into pieces. ㅠㅠㅠ And how am I supposed to wait another week? ㅠㅠㅠㅠ 

3. [+486,-22]
Park Bo Gum, Jin Hyuk is such a nice man. ㅠㅠ He speaks in a reliable and touching way. ㅠㅠ Jin Hyuk's heart is going to break next week. ㅠㅠ I hope he's happy. 

4. [+226,-38]
Song Hye Gyo's acting is outstanding and she touches hearts this time. Her beauty is amazing too, she matches well with Park Bo Gum. I'm clapping for the two. 

5. [+198,-45]
I could only say that Song Hye Gyo is pretty. 

6. [+171,-18]
I cried just by looking at Song Hye Gyo's eyes. That's how good her acting is. 

7. [+140,-17]
Song Hye Gyo's emotional acting is the best. She's pretty too. 

8. [+129,-11]
I cried while watching Boyfriend today. Park Bo Gum's mysterious smile at the end that seems like he knows and somehow, it seems like he doesn't know, that made it sadder. Park Bo Gum's acting is really good.

boy14.png

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Song Hye Gyo decides to break up with Park Bo Gum, "I'll break up with you now" 

1. [+684,-19]
Don't decide to do that, Soo Hyun-ah... ㅠㅠㅠ Soo Hyun leaving Jin Hyuk will be the thing 

that hurt him the most. Don't break up. 

2. [+447,-7]
Jin Hyuk was smiling and saying that he'll always be with her, but why is Soo Hyun breaking up with him? Don't do that. Don't make it a sad ending. ㅠㅠ

3. [+310,-13]
I was tearing up while watching unknowingly too. I hope Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun gets a happy ending!! Thanks to Park Bo Gum's and Song Hye Gyo's great and immersive acting, I got to enjoy this. 

4. [+258,-5]
Park Bo Gum said that even if she's at the end of the world, he will be there... Don't break up. 

5. [+244,-7]
Park Bo Gum's personal life has already been revealed, he has still made it till this point even though it's been difficult. You can't do this, Soo Hyun-ah. Jin Hyuk is going to be sad, how do  you want him to live? ㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+72,-4]
Ah, Park Bo Gum ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ No matter how difficult or hard things were, he's someone who will always remain strong and endure them. Where else can you find someone like him that you're breaking up with him now? My heart hurts today. How am I supposed to watch Park Bo Gum getting hurt next week? I'm already worried. 

7. [+70,-4]
Please don't make Park Bo Gum cry. I'm already sad thinking that things are going to be difficult next week. 

8. [+99,-34]
I can't watch this a second time. It's too sad! In the middle of that, Song Hye Gyo is so pretty. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Hello, without contest, "Encounter" will be one of my favorite dramas of 2019. I adore te plot, the cast, the chemistry,...

The episode 13 was quite well but the end made me sad with KJH's mother's request to CSH. I almost cried. Even if i can understand the reasons of the mother, I hope that the scenario will give us a happy ending. 

I will watch the episode 14, hoping that the last 2 episodes next week will be moving and heartful as well.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I am not sure whether I am hallucinating but do any of you remember seeing Park Bo Gum cry in one of the Encounter teasers? I remember seeing a scene where Bo gum, seated in a car, was crying... I remember saying to myself “wow, that was some intense acting.”  I have been searching for it but couldn’t find that scene. I really hope it was just a terrible nightmare I had due to  Song Hye Gyo’s and Park Bo Gum’s immersive and superb acting.

• Like 7

bc585c8f-c719-4f51-9b08-656abd959b6b.jpg

I do not want to break up with the soul sword.

Input: 2019.01.17 11:49 PM

Revision: 2019.01.17 11:49 PM  

This check-TV] Actress Song Hye-kyo spilled tears because I did not want to break up with Park Bo-gum. 

12c53f3c-4ff5-4ccd-8462-ceb7c5a53f99.jpg

On the 17th tvN 'Boyfriend' 14th show, Cha Seo-hyun (Song Hye-kyo), who is worried about continuing his romance with Kim Jin-hyuk 

d328df5a-27ec-4ecd-bd27-00a0161fd391.jpg

Cha Soo-hyun talked with her best friend, Rose Gin (Kwak Sun-young), on the stall. Cha Soo-hyun was worried about his family because he was hurt by himself. 

338ea11a-16b0-46ae-8916-2ee5e9be8351.jpg

She said, "If you only want one, do you care about your family? It is a serious illness to care for others." Cha Soo-hyun said, "I have married and the world knows it. I think there is a limit to what we can dream of." 

24283a02-3773-48db-9614-e94406d1a1b1.jpg

So he comforted Cha Soo-hyun, "You are your first love." Cha Soo-hyun, who heard this, spilled tears. 

9dd42553-a696-4bb4-8f6b-77ebdf52943b.jpg

Cha Soo-hyun, "I really do not want to break up," I confessed. "But what about his family's sins, because of me. I have this kind of life, once I start, I start to freak out." 

aa79a84e-ad32-4faa-8c7b-fb071faa3edd.jpg

L"I do not want to worry about it, and I'm going to suffer from it all by myself," said Chae Soo-hyun, who told her to talk to Kim Jin-hyuk. 

Photo / video source = tvN 'boyfriend'>...source credit @https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2001195#_enliple

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2