Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

12 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

OMG I would love that!! I love the OST from Baek A Yeon but Bogum's voice will suit the song perfectly too + imagine how amazing the feels would be!!! Damn, now I want it so bad, how can we get one? TT

Yesss imagine the impact on the scene when it's his voice playing on the background singing that song. If he doesn't record an official one, I think we would still hear him sing an Encounter OST soon in his fanmeeting. He has a lot of upcoming fanmeetings this year. First one will be on January 26. :

• Like 19

I believe in a happy ending

and I wish

Spoiler

that all the negative people, the doom seekers, and the naysayers would belt up.

• Like 17

I have to say, I actually really like this theory that the whole drama is a dream.  I don't think there's any evidence to support it, but it's a really fun idea!

To me, SooHyun is this sort of Sleeping Beauty-type character.  She falls asleep/is put to sleep because of the machinations of an evil force that no one in her life can win against, except for one person-- Prince Charming.  Of course, with the way this drama turns our expectations upside down, Prince Charming isn't really the one who slays the dragon and wakes the princess, instead the princess does all that herself.  Prince Charming is just the catalyst; the reason SooHyun wakes up at all (instead of falling to her death from the wall at Moro Cabana).  

The idea that SooHyun dreams something as daring as living life on her own terms, when for the entirety of her existence, she's been little more than a pawn is exciting to me.  Because when she awakens, she has a choice to make.  She can return to being a human vegetable, with no agency and no exit or she can dare to follow her dream and see where it takes her.  Essentially, she can choose to be free, and that's a message I can really appreciate. 

• Like 11

@thistle

Spoiler

hope you’re not referring to people like me who believe this drama will have a sad ending.  Because I love this drama as much as you do and I think it’s unfair for me not to voice out what I think just because it’s different from what you think.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, msbae81 said:

@thistle

Hide contents

hope you’re not referring to people like me who believe this drama will have a sad ending.  Because I love this drama as much as you do and I think it’s unfair for me not to voice out what I think just because it’s different from what you think.

let us all hope for a happy ending...love and peace everyone!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Agreed with this comment about realistic acting and directing. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Thank you a lot to all the chingus commenting on this thread. I don't comment to much because I am a slow reader, and I want to read everything before I answer, but whenever I want to say something or answer a post, someone has said it before, and better than me! LOL 

But it is ok. 

Thank you @bebebisous33 a lot, a lot, for your analysis. It is really a pleasure to appreciate the beauty of this drama, explained so well those symbolic elements that we feel, but we cannot described very well if we were asked to. 

I also studied literature in the university, but my major is basically applied linguistic, I only had literature workgroups, workshops, seminars and extra classes. I was so passionate about it, I even wrote a novel (although it is not good), and I won a couple of contests, but boy, you are great writer!!!!!!!! Congratulations! 

I have a disadvantage with English because it is not my mother language. Whenever I would have to write a paper about any topic in English, I can do it but with big effort. So, I appreciate reading somebody else saying what I would like to say. 

I am enjoying this drama a lot because of this website, and although I am in another k-drama forum, I like it here better. 

So... Just a small words of appreciation. I am still on page 244 (out of 277 up to this point), so... I am still behind. But having fun also with the comments, so thank you. 

Thank you all! :)

• Like 23

The drunk scene is really my favorite. I love how CSH repeatedly expressed how happy she is now that JH is by her side as well as her fear of losing him. CSH almost always expresses her feelings through her eyes, whenever JH would profess his feelings, you’d rather see the gratitude in her eyes more than hearing her reciprocate his words.. And KJH has complained to her before that she needs to express more what’s on her mind. This time hearing her say it out loud made it clear how JH really means to her. And with that being said, JH gained more courage and strength to endure their current predicaments knowing that it’s what she wants. She wants him to stick with her and stay rooted in their relationship despite all the negative forces and turmoil. I also appreciate KJH’s attentiveness and sincerity upon hearing her deepest feelings— he’s just sitting next to her- listening and reassuring her that he’ll always be there for her. 

i just love this drama. I am going to enjoy every bit of it.. and i’m happy that i enjoy it with you. I love reading your thoughts. Thank you so much. 

• Like 23

I just realized it has been quite some time since I last logged in this forum. And it's all because of this very special drama.  And to think when I first watched the first episode set in Cuba, I wasn't initially sold to the pairing. Personally, her going out to Morro Cabana after taking a sleeping pill was too irresponsible. She could have died or injured if it wasn't for JH. 

It was only  right after the second episode that I fell in love with the drama. I could still remember exactly which moment. It was when CSH was giving her welcome speech when she came to a full stop after realizing that the person, who she spent a memorable time with in Cuba, is now sitting there among the new recruits.  It feels like it was just the two of them in that crowded place, the rest doesn't exist or matter.

And since waiting for the next episode seems too long, though in truth it's just several more days. And with just four episodes left I I just realized now how much Encounter has touched my heart and filled my thoughts. There are just too many beautiful scenes and moments in the drama, but for now my favorite would be the ending of episode 12. It was just too emotionally touching that I try not to rewatch it for the meantime. The words uttered by JH to SH just simply brings out the tears in my eyes. 

Reading everyone's posts here is a joy and filled with lots of hope for a happy ending.  Thank you to everyone for making this thread so alive with so much insights. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Support for Kyo & Encounter from movie production "Filmmaker R & K"

-----------------------

Minhyun (NU'EST & Wanna One)

cr. 7x7cms

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

@leedonghaek  Thanks for posting the "wedding ring"-themed gifset.:heart::thumbsup:  It's still amazing to me, how happy I am just to see their faces.  They're so in-love and cute and happy I just don't even have words...tumblr_inline_pl8yb3moDJ1qlfefg_540.gif

• Like 14
  • LOL 3