Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

5 hours ago, dahae2006 said:

@NongpeeP

All hardworking cast and crews of boy friend's drama had a great lunch today. All 15 parkbogum's international fan club made a arrangement ( since October) and there were lots of discussion from each country representative going on and on until we thought it can not be happen as their hectic outdoor filming schedule.   In time with all the drama out there :tears: / rating etc ,so at least we could cheer up the 200 cast and crew.  All fan club agreed only to share at 4 p.m kst but photo was leak from one of the crew earlier :). Now twitter and ig are flooded with buffet spread by bogum's fan club each country representative.   yummy buffet for cast and crew who gives us beautiful drama

@dahae2006

Read google translate how Encounter’s crews exhausted from non-stop filming in freezed weather and have just gotten cheer up from Food Buffet Support, Comprehensive gifts, Drink Truck, it is amazing collaborated projects by Fans. 

5 hours ago, gumtaek said:

A call for celebration, chingus! 

@ahdrianaa: I'm speechless!!!:D

@gumtaek 

Great news, congratulations to Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Kyo, PD, Scriptwriter, Casts, and Crews for another proven success after selling copyright to over 100 countries.  

4 hours ago, krisan said:

@NongpeeP I just hope everyone in encounter stays healthy and strong, can't imagine if they know how mean people comments out there. I don't know pbg' twitter account, but on shk's ig you will find many many hateful comments towards her, however let's support this drama, as shk's have said " good drama will be watched someday."

Maybe they don't want to watch today, but someday they will try to watch it, maybe they say it is boring but this drama will be remembred for next few years because the reverse role, becauce the different character of the male lead who doesn't need money or power to protect the one he loves, because the experienced and brave female character who tell the whole world that they are in "some relationship" because the poetry, the cinematography, the painting, simbolsm, because the love of a friend. 

So someday if there is another kdrama which has reverse role, which has balance character between the male lead and female lead, which tells you how love comes slowly from the first meeting till hot steamy kissing. You know what drama which start it all.

Fighting encounter :wub:

@krisan

For Korean Dramas, there are many genres for different target groups of audiences.

Each genre can not serve all groups of audiences, that is just another facts we could anticipate.  

- No drama can serve all audiences’ preference.

- Working on any acting projects esp. with hallyu stars will be on spot to be analyzed and criticized.

For recent on-air dramas, I am not watching any others and I do not understand why other audiences like those formula repeating theme or fierce life or too fantasy genre. 

However, I have not given negative comments to other dramas because I am busy with rerunning Encounter, searching about Encounter, and joining this forum.

Over 2 years Park Bo Gum got acting project offers in dramas and films but he chose Encounter. Song Hye Kyo chose Encounter after 3-year break and marriage.

I used to wonder why and I even used to be one of no-no audiences to Encounter. 

However, now I really appreciate Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Kyo, their agencies to have unmet visions to choose Encounter and portray with their utmost. 

Last but least, Encounter is great in all aspects:

- Quality:::

Fresh story, thorough script, challenging roles to the main leads, increase, increase brand value in acting careee to PBG&SHK (acting in difficult-to-believe role contradict to real life) ; and 

- Commerciality::::

got high rating in cable, can sell copyright in over 100 countries (very popular in Chinese), and 

securing more CFs to PBG&SHK,

that’s all we (Encounter’s fans) can dream of. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

With the hot kissing scene at the balcony, I would think that the couple had done the deed in E11. I will not be surprised if at the end of the drama an epilogue will be shown where we will see a little CSH or a little KJH or maybe both little ones running around their parents. That's what they'll get from a steamy mouth eating match between the two. :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

Sunday 6 January 2019 : Evening

Coffee Truck from Kim Hye Soo noona (Coin Locker: 2015) to Park Bo Gum.

I like her interview about Park Bo Gum that others might think that she looks scary and hard to approach but Park Bo Gum (Much younger and just a rookie) did not preconceive. 

I mentioned this “Preconception”  because it reminded some keyboard thugs left negative comments to Encounter is doing so.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

@jl08 Preach. I agree 100%

@leedonghaek tired? Never! Lol. I think we have enough gifs to last us a month. Also read over the comments section in dramabeans that the kiss lasted over a minute with 28(?) different scene changes. I could count at least 6 different camera angles. PD was no prude indeed

I just love how this drama is shattering expectations from a divorcee (in the drama) and a married actress (in real life). You go girl!

• Like 16
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

@leedonghaek I'm absolutely not bother nor tired of it keep them coming..:D

Spoiler

@jl08 those not a fans,they are haters that hiding with the word of 'fans'.. it's upsetting when they gone beyond bonderies to 'attack' their family..these kind of act it's so immature seriously..

So do they want all of actress that already married retired or rejecting every offering that include kissing,hugging scenes?!!ohh please :expressionless:

• Like 9
  • LOL 5

@mellinadear You're welcome. But actually, encounters can be also perceived in DC-JMJ's relationship. JMJ met DC through JH, when the latter asked her to meet at DC's restaurant as he knew, this would be the perfect place. They met through the app and flirted with each other at the masquerade... although they had a bad impression of each other first which underlines that we should be careful with our judgement and avoid prejudice. JMJ has always been looking for a boyfriend with a certain pedigree (good social background, education...) yet she remained single. That's the reason why JMJ didn't like KJH very much. She never saw him as a possible boyfriend due to his social background and work situation. She thought, he would be a burden for CSH. Even in the last episode, she still has a soft spot for JWS. She liked the gesture with the flowers aso therefore she took pictures of the flowers. JMJ had been swayed by all this. In my opinion, she was still thinking that JWS is a good party. Nevertheless, after hearing what JH has done for CSH with the hotel in Cuba, I am quite sure that she will now be more supportive of the couple. At the same time, her encounters with DC will force her to change her view about the definition of a good partner/boyfriend. We can already sense the change. Now, she even calls DC and likes that he flirts with her. Yet she is not ready to accept a boyfriend without college degree that's why DC offered her to be her companion, when she drinks.

• Like 21
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jl08 said:

"BOYFRIEND" is one helluva good drama. It's well-loved especially because of the great chemistry between PBG and SHK.

If possible, fans of "Boyfriend" can counter by giving good comments, reviews.

And, I definitely want to see more passionate kissing and hugging scenes. That's because PBG and SHK are stunning with their chemistry and performance in a love drama. 

Let's spread more love for PBG and SHK and "Boyfriend"!! Leave positive comments on their igs and tvN and their agencies. Go anywhere that we can find updates and reviews and leave our beautiful mark there.

I pray that the ratings will improve by leaps and bounds simply because "Boyfriend" deserves it and it's a way to tell those 'fans' to shut up!

I have tried as much as i can to pay visit to kdrama review blogs/sns accounts, gave my review and supportive comments to our precious drama. But you just can't stop haters, that i think if i want to stay sane, i have to stop myself reading comments in some blogs or sns accounts.

Spoiler

First they don't buy the OTP due to their age gap and personal relationship -that's okay, me too at first- but when their chemistry starting to build up in ep. 2, they starting to say that the writer is not convincing, even when she wrote many successful movie scripts. When the writer continue to give interesting and surprising plot, they picking up PBG and SHK describing their chemistry as fake  and that they watched only for the side characters. When they finally kissed at NYE, they said they're not really kissing, and when finally, the sweet but steamy kissing happened, they just bashed them using their personal relationship.

For a while, i'll just stick to give supportive comments at all TVN social media accounts, RT and Repost TVN and PBG official twitter and SHK official IG.

And of course, this wonderful forum from which i gain so much knowledge, insight, and the most important thing, bring me so many happiness by reading all reviews and the GIFs of course!!

The GIFs are for the win!

Keep the steamy kissing GIFs coming, please!!!!!

Love you my fellow Encounter lovers!!

Edited: thank you for the reminder, apologize for any uncomfortable comments. Will absolutely refrain myself.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

@rosiepeonie188

i laughed about what you said because it’s so true. The fact that they are reacting about the last scenes of episode 10 means that our OTP did such a good job, they fooled everyone with that hot and steamy kiss! :joy: I help by posting good reviews about the drama.

@jl08

2 hours ago, jl08 said:

And, I definitely want to see more passionate kissing and hugging scenes. That's because PBG and SHK are stunning with their chemistry and performance in a love drama. "Boyfriend" would surely include passionate scenes, dudes. Get a life.

I want more kissing scenes because I want to show support that you can't bully an actress or actor nor threaten anyone with their whims and fancies and expect them to cower in fear!

I was afraid they will tone it down just because of the reaction. What you said is totally right. And I dont think the production will give in. I still believe that there are more supporters to this drama than the haters. It’s just that those who love this drama are more silent about it.

Spoiler

Thank you for that post @gumtaek. Somebody actually made a screenshot of your post and posted in ig. So kudos to that person as well.

@mellinadear i love your name btw. Thank you. We’ve weathered far worse. :wub:

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

@mellinadear thank you chingu:kiss_wink: as I 'm seldom posting here but I really enjoy reading all of your comment here. As SHK fan.. I always support her whatever she did.. I always trust her choices. Really-really love her:kiss_wink: EC really best drama for me that i keep replaying all the episode every weekend. Butttt... Ep10 is so howwwwttt that I keep replaying the scene all the time :D*cough**cough*  So those haters who keep on bring her down..it's not worth..you all wasting time.. She always on the top:kiss_wink:..shipper sometimes can't differentiates 

between reel and real.. *sejenis yang tak reti bahasa* -_-

For PBG fans here.. I hope I'm not late to say that you're awesome...PBG blessed to have you all as his fan:wub: PBG really-really impressed me:open_mouth: his acting really daebak.. I'm watching his drama before like I Remember You and Love In The Moonlight.. Reply 1988, I don't watch :DI can't imagine other actor as Kim Jin Hyuk..He's the only one:kiss_wink: 

* i'm waiting for ep11..auwwwwwww:wub:

Can't wait to see rolling-rolling there:D

Wednesday please come soonest:wub:

So SongHyeKyo x ParkBoGum.. HWAITING!!!!! 

Done rambling:D pardon my English chingu:D 

• Like 22

28 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Hide contents

Thank you for that post @gumtaek. Somebody actually made a screenshot of your post and posted in ig. So kudos to that person as well.

That is real news! This drama is reviving once again the Hallyu Wave, a major factor is SHK's insane popularity in China. Her chemistry with Park Bo gum is also receiving a hot response from the Chinese netizens. All is well!

I salute the sense of professionalism of the cast and production crew for coming up with such a quality melodrama!

Kim Jin Hyuk Fan Art

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

@gumtaek

here is the ig post:

Spoiler

Your name is part of the credits in caption. Thank you chingu ❤️

@bebebisous33

i like the fact that JMJ sort of “reported” to CSH where KJH is. And that she told CSH that her mother visited KJH in Sokcho. That’s a start for me. Sometimes what I think JMJ needs is boyfriend to loosen up. *hoping for Dae Chan*

Edited by Jillia
Hidden as off-topic.
  • Like 13
  • LOL 2

A korean YouTuber shared a semi interview with this Korean guide in Cuba who was part of the crew in Havana. I think he thinks the drama is over because he tells the travel guide that he will only post this video once he returns to Korea and the drama is airing.

3:00 onwards, he informs us that the travel guide was with the cast (pbg and shk) everyday during the shoot. 

4:00 onward, he wanted to ask her more questions about the whole experience and how she was contacted by the crew. She is slightly hesitant but answers his questions, she tells him that someone approached her on SNS with questions about Cuba at the time she didn’t know she was being approached for a drama, she had no information about the Actors, drama and channel. 

Her work was mainly with PBG and his team but she does share that when she met SHK and made eye contact, she was flustered and couldn’t introduce herself.She says that PBG has a really good personality and manner, she compliments his entire team too. 

PBG used to ask her questions about how to talk to locals and referred to her as Noona.

He asked her if she knows how the drama ends and she doesn’t.

@africandramalover if you are interested in seeing all the places in the drama then the tour guide might be helpful, this is her official sns and she offers tour packages which involves the drama locations.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11

4 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

I think he thinks the drama is over because he tells the travel guide that he will only post this video once he returns to Korea and the drama is over.

So he didn't keep his words? :huh: the drama hasn't been over yet. Should we remind him of this? I hope there is no spoiler in the interview. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, tlireal said:

So he didn't keep his words? :huh: the drama hasn't been over yet. Should we remind him of this? I hope there is no spoiler in the interview. 

Sorry, my mistake. I meant to type once the drama starts airing.

edit - there are no spoilers in the video.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1