Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

40 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Which one you choose? 

1st pic was shown in the ep 9-10 preview (when the drama was on the break)

2nd pic was the one in the ep 10

Do I have to choose? Couldn't I just have both? :wub::wub: It's just that's he's so adorable, and apparently is so polite and caring.

@NongpeeP, that buffet spread looks so delicious. I think I'm getting hungry... This drama seems to be a plentifully supported drama with food and drink. That's nice. :) 

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

hello @sf369. I cannot see the tvn fb asia you posted.

@ahdrianaa 

good job girl! :w00t: daebak! If other people found out about your post they might flock and book those rooms. Hahaha i would!

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

1 hour ago, ahdrianaa said:

I think that I found their room :D , they will definitely have to explain the balcony kiss if my guess is correct. 

CSH’s room in first episode 

@ahdrianaa

Daebak! How could you search interesting info about this hotel in Cuba?!? All Encounter fans has known how significant place it is to our Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Soo Hyun. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Do I have to choose? Couldn't I just have both? :wub::wub: It's just that's he's so adorable, and apparently is so polite and caring.

@NongpeeP, that buffet spread looks so delicious. I think I'm getting hungry... This drama seems to be a plentifully supported drama with food and drink. That's nice. :) 

@stroppyse 

Kim Jin Hyuk's smile acted by Park Bo Gum with eye contact to Cha Soo Hyun acted by Song Hye Kyo...made the day bright. 

Sunday 6 January 2019_ Encounter's Production team, who have worked non-stop, got more energy:

Buffet Support and Gift from Park Bo Gum's fans in several clubs

PBG-fans.jpg

Tons of scenes to film

PBG-work.jpg

Food Buffet looks yummy with fans' determined collaboration.

Spoiler

49855748_542308012937239_836188315441115

49896691_542308026270571_430059098014849

49739339_542308196270554_689275725400558

49896840_542308219603885_603080430893557

49730866_542308042937236_900359141349287

49587653_542308229603884_563307633143762

49587696_542308262937214_872711716169423

49575802_542308292937211_550485411149486

50016446_542308336270540_505408296576876

49721840_542308076270566_210938960736681

How exhausted Encounter's Crews team looked from non stop filming in the freezed weather. 

Spoiler

Kim Jin Hyuk's baggage to Cuba

Spoiler

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

@NongpeeP

All hardworking cast and crews of boy friend's drama had a great lunch today. All 15 parkbogum's international fan club made a arrangement ( since October) and there were lots of discussion from each country representative going on and on until we thought it can not be happen as their hectic outdoor filming schedule.   In time with all the drama out there :tears: / rating etc ,so at least we could cheer up the 200 cast and crew.  All fan club agreed only to share at 4 p.m kst but photo was leak from one of the crew earlier :). Now twitter and ig are flooded with buffet spread by bogum's fan club each country representative.   yummy buffet for cast and crew who gives us beautiful drama

• Like 14
  • Thanks 9

@bebebisous33 , i want to tie your post about the stars with the comments wondering why the director put the balcony scene in the episode when it clearly belongs to another episode.

12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Evening

Among a multitude of stars,

One stares down at me,

Among a multitude of people,

I stare up at that one star,

Where , when and as what will the two of us,

You, one so warm, and me, one so tender, meet again? (Translation from VIU)

When I first saw that balcony scene, I was so blinded by the lights from the hotels that I almost missed the balcony magic. Firstly, I think the director is milking the poem for all its worth, and the balcony scene just fits the poem perfectly. The city lights are bright, but there are also stars in the sky, very much like the meeting of these two under a multitude of stars and HD lighting.

HV0DqJQ.png

Secondly, now that they've teased us with the balcony scene, I bet you the coming episode will show a spike in ratings because we want MORE!! tvN for the WIN this year!! I've gotten two kissing scenes here and in Alhambra (what an improvement PSH,lol), I mean, can the year start on a better note? 

Also, as far as I'm concerned, that artwork of the girl coming down with the stars means a whole lot of stuff, but also that they will have to do the horizontal salsa in Cuba. Please PDnim, crew and cast, do not waste the opportunity to give us the horizontal rhumba. You can play some rhumba and have KJH reading yet another poem or quoting some writer, whatever, I don't have to see them to know what they're doing!! Jebal yo!!

Away from the kiss, when Driver Nam started talking about the person he couldn't approach, I started laughing because it was so obvious who it was. I felt so clever when CSH confirms it by saying she won't spill his beans to manager Kim. Lol!

nXTFhs.png

Did anyone else notice the painting in CSHs window? She's like a painting hoarder at this point, girl, I'm worried!! :D I see paintings everywhere!

This drama has brought out my inner detective that I had rested after My Ahjussi. Why is the painting blocking the view of Seoul? Why would she place it there? Would it be a place she has visited or has fond memories of or wants to visit? If someone can tell us which painting it is or the place in the painting, we can solve the mystery of the painting in the window.

1700076147_EncounterEpisode10CSHbedroom3

@ahdrianaa I'm trying to decide between Mexico and Cuba for the summer, and I think Cuba has pulled ahead thanks to your brilliant post!! 

• Like 19
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry guys if i delete my post and thank you all for your liking my post God Bless You All! This is my last time i will post here thank you..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Okay. In that case, think of all those layback spins that she must have done.

Oh my :joy: sure it prevents her to get broken back bone, thank god shk was figure skater.

@ahdrianaa well beside historian I think we also have detective here, how could you find it, It's just awesome. So we have known where the hotel is, let's find out what happen there.

@NongpeeP I just hope everyone in encounter stays healthy and strong, can't imagine if they know how mean people comments out there. I don't know pbg' twitter account, but on shk's ig you will find many many hateful comments towards her, however let's support this drama, as shk's have said " good drama will be watched someday."

Maybe they don't want to watch today, but someday they will try to watch it, maybe they say it is boring but this drama will be remembred for next few years because the reverse role, becauce the different character of the male lead who doesn't need money or power to protect the one he loves, because the experienced and brave female character who tell the whole world that they are in "some relationship" because the poetry, the cinematography, the painting, simbolsm, because the love of a friend. 

So someday if there is another kdrama which has reverse role, which has balance character between the male lead and female lead, which tells you how love comes slowly from the first meeting till hot steamy kissing. You know what drama which start it all.

Fighting encounter :wub:

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Woooowww,that buffet really look delicious :w00t:

For me Encounter its one of many dramas that's definition of good quality n popularity..

U know sometimes when we think a drama or movie it has good qualities,but lack of popularity..n when we think that drama has a lot popularity but it also has tremendous negative review/quality..I often see this kind of thing..

But Encounter definitely conquer all both quality n popularity..love it :heart: so I'm not afraid at all that it will be compare or get negative comments,becz I know there is more peoples that love this drama n know its value..

• Like 16

I would like to add a few more observations about the title

In the post mentioned above, I had pointed out that JH and CSH had always encounters, unlike JWS. The latter always had to call her in order to meet her. However, I realized one mistake. JWS had encounters too but with the JH-CSH couple. His "encounters" let him witness the progression of the relationship between CSH and JH. 

Spoiler

Encounter episode 4 JH's gift.png Encounter episode 6 necktie JH CSH.pngEncounter episode 9 JWS witness Kiss.png

And this is important: his painful encounters are here to make him realize that he can not win. Encounter should be seen as fateful meeting. Fate is here the reason why CSH and JH met and fell in love with each other. Since JWS is a person who prefers organization and planing, his power and wealth are useless in front of fate. Even strong will and determination will not be enough to fight against destiny. Nonetheless,  JWS has society on his side because he embodies the archetype of the perfect husband (rich, powerful), our beloved couple has nature on their side. As you can see, nature and fate are connected to each other. That's why nature plays a huge part in this drama. Our OTP likes walking outside, Encounter episode 8 the tower.png enjoying the sea and the sunsetencounter episode 3 sea side.pngEncounter episode 9 scene at the lighthouse 1.png... JH is often associated to natural elements like wind, sun and green grapes. As conclusion, the struggles of JH and CSH could be seen as a fight between nature and society/modern civilization. 

As long as JWS still thinks like the society, he will keep pursuing CSH... because in his eyes, he represents a good party, while JH has nothing special to offer: lower social background, just an employee. But he is also overlooking one important aspect: family. His family is terrible due to his mother's dictatorship and this is exactly the reason why CSH will never come back to him. He proposed her to live abroad as a solution but this can not work. CSH has never had a real family from the start. Her mother showed no love and her father who loves her let his wife ruin his daughter's life. He is well aware of his mistake. Deep down, CSH has always wished to have a family where she can feel loved and accepted. And this is where JH's family can be the other cause why CSH could even accept to lose the hotel if in return, she has a new loving family. Sure, we don't know if at the end, CSH loses everything (her position as CEO) but in the sypnosis, this aspect (she might lose everything) was mentioned.

@guinearoyal @icyphoenix

@twtwb @xu_lyfe@nikir @stroppyse @philosophie @thistle @Yongzura@thadora@jl08

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Tola Ir said:

Just a quick one about rating! I was concerned and disappointed this week and thought I'd better research and see if I should be disappointed about it as I was. It's hard to really judge because of the difference in cable and public ratings and there was a really good post a few pages back that really helped but I still needed real life example to benchmark it against, for my own sanity.

So I checked a popular TVN drama from 2018.

Hide contents

From what I understand "What's wrong with secretary Kim" was a really popular drama in 2018 and it aired on cable channel so it's a good comparison (now I know it's completely different story/cast power and so on but it was a popular show, so that is the only criteria used for this comparison). No idea how to insert images... :sweatingbullets:

WWWSK's lowest rating was 5.4 and highest was 8.6.

Encounter's lowest rating so far is 7.8% and highest is 10.3. 

Now I wasn't able to finish WWWSK but it was everywhere I looked and I knew how popular it was, correct me if I am wrong. 

In summary, I am no longer as sad about the ratings now since Encounter is well above the average! I am just hoping that it bounces back to 9ish or higher! That is what I want for the rest of the series. Please God help us... :D

Yeah, Encounter is actually already the 11th highest rated cable TV drama! It's not as high as Reply 1988 or Goblin but it's already way way above average. People are just extra critical of Encounter's ratings because the two main leads are extreme popular celebrities 

• Like 13

@ahdrianaa thank you for your research! All in the name of science! LOL. I just hope there will be continuity in the episode next week, hee

So sweet of PBG’s fans to organize an event

I know we made a deal not to talk about this, but regarding the hate this drama is getting from the other shippers, well, what can we do? We cannot change their deluded opinions. That’s the price you have to pay for fame I guess. As cruel as that may sound. 

I’ll just show my support as much as I can for this drama. I also hope the recent negative attacks won’t impact the script at all. Remember, they shot the most passionate scenes way before these attacks came out, so I hope for continuity’s sake, they still elevate the passion.

I really haaaaate talking about this sensitive topic because I get all these paranoid scenarios in my head

I digress. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1