Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

I've watched ep 1 to 4 and loving the episodes to bits...

The scenes in Cuba were amazing and breathtaking... Making Cuba one of the destination I would love to visit someday! 

The story is flowing so beautifully... I love the magic of coincidence... hating the ex MIL and CSH's Mom!!

I wonder if CSH's dad and KJH's dad were actually friends?

I love Secretary Jang and Driver Nam...

This is supposed to be a melodrama right? 
I look forward to crying my heart out! 
So far, loving this drama so much!

:wub:

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, Tasia said:

I love Secretary Jang and Driver Nam...

This is supposed to be a melodrama right?

Mr. Nam's eye smile is toe to toe with park bo gum on cuteness level.:love:

Secretary Mi-Jin and Dae-Chan's upcoming romance looks really interesting I can totally see them more lovey-dovey with each other than the leading couple.:heart:

Also check out the recap of episode 5: https://www.asiandrama4u.com/encounter-episode-5-recap/

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, myneighbortotoro said:

Regarding the last scene in ep 5... I’ve seen some translation as JH suggesting a “pre-relationship,” a “something relationship,” or a “fling.” 

Can someone fluent in Korean explain to me what is the nature of the relationship that he is suggesting? Like, is this type of arrangement supposed to be exclusive? (I’m guessing not exclusive, because then it isn’t that different from being bf/gf...). Or more like, a friends with skinship benefits and no commitment type of thing?

The translation as “fling” really changes the meaning of that scene for me somehow. Makes it seem as though they don’t intent for the relationship to last long anyway :/

I actually treat this as some kind of courtship? Dating but not in a relationship 

• Like 5

Watch: Yong Junhyung Sweetly Sings “Don’t Hesitate” For “Encounter” OST

Watch: Yong Junhyung Sweetly Sings “Don’t Hesitate” For “Encounter” OST

Dec 13, 2018
by K. Do

Highlight’s Yong Junhyung has released his drama OST for “Encounter.”

The singer’s song, “Don’t Hesitate,” captures the feelings of the two lovers beginning their sweet love story. This marks the first time Yong Junhyung has participated in an OST on his own. His ardent voice suits the drama’s atmosphere and the song.

“Encounter” is enjoying great love and solid ratings as it tells the tale between a conglomerate heir divorcee portrayed by Song Hye Kyo and a free-spirited youth acted by Park Bo Gum.

Check out the song below!

Watch the latest episode of “Encounter” below.....source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1277655wpp/watch-yong-junhyung-sweetly-sings-dont-hesitate-encounter-ost

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have just finished watching E5. The episode is quite good and started with the revelation by JH that he is the guy with SH on the picture. The ending is also good because the two of them have agreed to go into a pre-relationship status. A big decision made by the couple.

In between the scenes, I noticed that SH closed her eyes for a few seconds while she was driving with her secretary. In two other instances while driving alone, she basically doesn't look straight on the road and was looking distracted on her left and right side. Female drivers in South Korea must have a third eye because even if they don't look straight on the road more importantly during night time no accidents have ever happened. :D

• LOL 6

They grabbed coffee and he bought a cake to celebrate the first day of their new pre-relationship :lol:

Tc2oxJ7.jpg

that night.. 2 happy couple 

I3Kg3sF.jpg

I was wrong about the opening scenes... this is the one for this episode :love:

OMG the colour is so pretty

e1NNMW8.jpg

Spoiler

9SfYsPg.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

# his gloves are too big,  he says her hands are like those of a little baby.

# teases her that she’s heavier than he thought, she tells him he isn’t funny.

# KJh buys a cake to celebrate their first day, during their first date he starts sulking that she is not wearing the lipstick he brought her. 

# ex husband meets MIL’s spy, he’s subtly threatening him to stay away from having any designs on CSH’s hotel. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Not sure what this scene is about but it makes me laugh... :lol:

Olc06lV.jpg

And look who decides to show up first thing in the morning... 

GohOAUX.jpg

Cd3JSjA.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, myneighbortotoro said:

Regarding the last scene in ep 5... I’ve seen some translation as JH suggesting a “pre-relationship,” a “something relationship,” or a “fling.” 

Can someone fluent in Korean explain to me what is the nature of the relationship that he is suggesting? Like, is this type of arrangement supposed to be exclusive? (I’m guessing not exclusive, because then it isn’t that different from being bf/gf...). Or more like, a friends with skinship benefits and no commitment type of thing?

The translation as “fling” really changes the meaning of that scene for me somehow. Makes it seem as though they don’t intent for the relationship to last long anyway :/

That's mis-translated. "fling" makes it sound like something insincere, like just a physical relationship with someone who you don't love.

They said "some" which is a sort of slang in Korean which means "some-thing." As in, I feel something for you. We're more than friends, but not in an official relationship yet.

And we know he'll at least make it to "boyfriend" because that's the title of the show! :wub:

--

More thoughts about how direct and bold Jin-Hyeok is:

I love how clear he is about how he feels, and I love that he has game! I love how he talks her into "playing hooky" and eating dinner with her after she is hesitant. I love how open and honest he is about how he feels, and how that is what is working for him. It makes it impossible to assume that he is after the money and power that she has - which, on the surface, is what the gossips will assume.

But I also love that he is human. Although he is very brave and stepped up and spoke out for Soo-Hyeon, and keeps a straight face when he walks into work, when everyone is gossiping and pointing fingers at the cafeteria, he can't take it anymore and has to leave. He is human, but not superhuman.

(Just an aside - how freaking rude are these people? Geez, get a life.)

• Like 13

# KJH asks her out on a second date to the tea shop, she say she’s busy with some work. 

# LDC and KJM are discussing last night, KJM hopes it works out for his brother and CSH. He says KJH’s good looks got him lucky, LDC says CSH is really beautiful and KJM agreees. LDC says she was an actress when she walked in, how she looked extra pretty next to Secretary Jang. Lul

# KJM ends up choosing Secretary Jang’s profile on the dating app, says he has found LDC’s future wife. LDC doesn’t like her profile bio. KJM scoffs that the man cutting onions is turning down Sec jang’s profile. Slyly DMs her anyway 

# MOnster mom meets CSH, breaks her heart when she lets her know that her priority hasn’t changed.

# CSH is sad, KJH notices her mood and sends her a message “I told you that you would look prettier than the model advertising  the lipstick”

# She is at the department store picking out a cardigan for her dad and tie for KJH. Her ex husband is at the counter behind her and sees her, she walks out. He asks the store attendant what she purchased and whether it was for a young man. The attendant says the cardigan style was for an older man but the tie seemed like something a younger would wear.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6