Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

4 hours ago, thesunset said:

And to those who don’t want to watch this episode, it’s not bad at all. It has so many lovely scenes. You will enjoy it. It is a combination of some sweet, heart warming, funny, melancholy scenes.

Thanks for that.  :)

Actually, I do very much to watch it.....I just do Not want to watch it Yet.  ;)  I am aware that I don't take stress well, and I know I would feel worried so it's better for me to wait, possibly until the final episode. 
When I know what will happen, I can enjoy the show totally and with a full heart.  That's just me.    

• Like 8
  • LOL 6

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I just finished watching, and I have to agree that it wasn't as bad as I had feared. Most of the episode is actually rather warm and tender, with some very lovely couple scenes of SH and JH, and JH just being all melty and cute in his sentiments. How can he say some of those things and make them sound so moving and beautiful rather than cheesy???

So, many positives to the episode as JH and SH become ever more comfortable as a couple. And, all of those little kisses that they give each other. :wub: Plus, JH's father has decided to give them his whole-hearted support, as has SH's father.

The end with the mother was sad because she objected, however, watching it, I didn't feel as badly as I might have. JH's mother's concern isn't necessarily for herself. What she's having a hard time with is to hear her neighbors cast aspersions on her son, in effect saying that he wasn't able to get employment by his own merits, but had to use his sugar mama to get into such a prestigious company. I think it would upset any mother to hear that. However, it wasn't just hearing and thinking that her son was going to be slandered willy-nilly, it was that the rumors would follow JH around for a long, long time, if not the rest of his life if he dates such a high-profile person as SH. And, finally, the mother is concerned that the relationship isn't going to go the distance. JH's mother can't imagine that SH would actually want to marry her son, even though they are dating. So, from JH's mother's perspective, her son who is the lower/weaker person in this relationship may get his heart broken, his name muddied, and have to live with the consequences alone after having given himself over to this relationship. Overhearing that her husband was not going to object to the relationship seems to have provoked her concern even more. I guess she thinks that her husband has also fallen for the pretty face that SH has in terms of giving his consent?

So, there are definitely ways for SH/JH to tackle this without sacrificing their love. I agree with @yonaomi123 that JH and SH should stay together, despite JH's mother's disapproval and show her that their love is true and will go the distance. I do not expect that JH and SH will be completely happy until JH's mother gives her approval, but I feel that's appropriate to the culture. Of course, JH and SH could just get married. :DTalk about seriously causing a lot of talk then, however, it would neatly spike one of JH's mother objections that the relationship won't be going all the way to marriage.

I think that SH and JH can continue to date without disrespecting JH's mother; it'll just be a little harder, a little more uncomfortable. But, first things first, I think that JH needs to become aware of his mother's objection. It's not fair to him to keep him in the dark. I can see why JH's mother doesn't want to approach it with him, but as his girlfriend, SH really should tell JH.

I'm bracing myself for the possible break up scene in episode 14, though.  Despite various issues, it's been a little too lovey-dovey for our OTP. I can imagine that they're introducing angst into the penultimate week's episodes so that the finale resolution will be that much sweeter.

All in all, I'm still sure that SH and JH are going to be together.  Perhaps since they've given us so much else, they'll actually allude to a wedding between SH and JH? Even if it's just a proposal scene rather than a full on wedding, I'm fine with an ending that indicates that the two will spend every together and live like that for a long, long time to paraphrase JH's own words.

@stroppyse

@yonaomi123

I agreed with your comments.

I have enjoyed watching Encounter ep.13 because the story and script are seamless with reasonable flows to each character.

KJH’s mom’s objection and attempt to protect her son from any looking down, presumption of no-capability-but connection-to-CEO and more threatening actions from this chaebol are understandable because this love has impacted KJH and KJH’s family.

After KJH has been in relationship with CSH,

KJH has been looked down with cruel words/gesture directly from CSH’s mom, CSH’s ex-mom-in-law, CSH’s ex-husband, Dong Hwa Hotel employees, the press (mentioned KJH as a stalker).

Ex-mom-in-law almost fired KJH when she found Ramyeon news. 

KJH’s Prompt relocation was another incident of being in relationship with CSH.

The general manager at Sokcho also mentioned why CEO likes KJH  when KJH appeared on magazine, his hard working is underrated. 

For marriage, the situation might be much more impact to CSH, KJH, and their family from the Chaebol, the press, Donghwa, neighbor, colleagues, friends.

Reality of marriage is beyond imagination. 

However, KJH has already decided to take risks by loving CSH, he have had to face many obstacles no matter

- from outsiders’ actions/words; or

- pains from his family members’ impact eg. his little brother’s quarrel, his mom’s strong objection with her worry&uncomfort. 

KJH’s mom has tried to reverse the situations from unusual to normal by requesting CSH to break up, KJH’s mom’s mind might be not uncomplicated because in fact love is mutual;therefore, break up will affect to both KJH&CSH’s feeling.

Let KJH’s mom take some time to make her mind for understanding the truth not easy to go backwards. 

When I watched Encounter ep.13, I wondered why Snail restaurant did not feel strange when KJH’s mom asked to send preserved fruit by not telling KJH and KJH’s brother and Secretary Jang did not recheck this thing before sending to CSH.

==============

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111066298#imadnews

credit : Google Translate

201901170831774391_5c3fbf6319771_300x.jpg

Radi, 'boyfriend' OST scholarship .. 'fairy tale' today (17th) release

Singer songwriter Radi (Ra.D), who catches the hearts of the public with sweet R & B music, adds emotion to the drama 'Boyfriend'.

The TVN drama 'Boyfriend' (directed by Park Shin-woo, actress Yoo Young-a) said that the eighth OST of the drama 'The Fairy Tale' will be released at 6 pm today.

'Fairy Tale' is a song with heart and heart for the opponent who will stand next to you whenever you need to run. It was inserted into the ending scene of the 13th episode which was broadcasted on the last 26th, and it caught the ears of the viewers at once.

The radiant melody that pierces the chest, the breathy sound of the nagging breeze, and the delicate singing power of the song like Rady, and his sensibility that stands out are combined to create the "Radi Shaped Love Song" that makes the listeners feel their heart.

Especially, 'I do not go to my heart or my step for you', 'Just think about you when I want to see you, when you miss your body, I will stand like a fairy tale in front of you' Beautiful lyrics will bring more lyrical music.
In addition, Radi is expected to bring a warm impression to viewers who expect the emotions and colors that they make as they reunite with the drama 'The Avatar of Jealousy' OST and the director Park Shin-woo and Nam Hee Seung.

The TVN drama 'Boyfriend' (play Yoo Young-ae / director Park Shin-woo / production factory) is a thrill that starts with a casual encounter between Cha Seo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo) who has never lived his chosen life and Kim Jin- It is an emotional melodrama.

On the other hand, 'Boyfriend' is broadcast every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 pm, and the 8th OST of the drama 'Ra.D' 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

The scene of CSH sitting in her apartment alone after her dinner with the family broke my heart. She looked so lonely, especially with the painting in the background of the girl standing alone too.  

• Like 9
  • Sad 13

so excited for the new ost, here’s some of the lyrics, When i open my eyes, you who i love comes to me      If i spend everyday like that with you   I wouldnt want to open my eyes from that fairytale like dream    From here   I dont want to wake up here and leave   I want to hold you a little longer and dream this dream... wow its so romantic and the beat is so good too...       I still believe it will be a happy ending...

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

If I’m not mistaken, that is the last OST right? So maybe since the title is  “Fairy Tale” it really clues us in on a happy ending

I’m pretty confident it will be a happy ending, I just don’t want it to be all angst until the closing minutes of episode 16. I will really flip a table if that happens! 

• Like 14
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, stardustvoid said:

My dream scenario is SH would say hell to the no about breaking up with JH. Yes, I know, it will most definitely ruin his family dynamics. On the other hand, I really want to see SH FIGHT FOR HER MAN rather than JH’s stubbornness being the thing that saves the relationship.

SH gurl, I’m rooting for you! If it’s worth having it’s worth fighting for!

ETA: as sad as this episode was there were so many foreshadowings for a happy ending

Yes, this is exactly what i wanted for SH, i really hope the writer will make her into fighter. fight for her own happiness. the bold and bright Soo Hyun like she used to be.

I'll save my wishes and put my trust to the writer.

Can't wait to sit down, and read all the recaps tonight.

Soo Hyun, fighting!! Chin up girl! You deverse all the happiness in the world with your man beside you thru thick and thin. 

Wknbwmy.jpg

7r4g6U6.jpg

GWoe9mC.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

What an emotional roller coaster ride. The meeting between KJH mother and CSH was heart breaking in so many level. The problem is that I perfectly understand KJH mother's selfish love. She wanted to bubble wrap her son, which is very wrong. But this feeling is too familiar for me. I have a son on my own. Will I let my son make his own decision with minimum interference? At this point of time, I have no confident in 100% letting him walk his own path and make his own mistake.

Having said that... KJH mother :

1. Decided to go behind her husband and son's back to break up the relationship. Heartbreak now is better than heartbreak later? What kind of logic is this?

2. Let the neighborhood gossip outweighed her own son's happiness

3. As some of you mentioned, she didn't even bother to know more about CSH

4. She threw marriage out right in front of CSH's face. What was she thinking? Both of them wearing the same ring that signify their commitment. She should know her son better. Would KJH give that kind of ring casually to some random girl... Argh this is so irritating...

She made too many assumptions. The worst one was that her son will be happier without CSH. 

I saw many similar kind of mother in real life. I know this is just a drama, but sometimes it hit too close to home...

• Like 18
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

I understand JH’s mom but I can’t help getting annoyed by her hahahaha really I’m not feeling the moms in this series. Based on the preview, is SH gonna do a “WS move” where she will have a fake affair? Or simply break up with JH. But anyway, I’m pretty sure they’re gonna break up and have separate lives but after a year or more they’ll meet again and have a happy ever after. JH gonna be a professional photographer for sure. 

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Josh Marquez said:

I understand JH’s mom but I can’t help getting annoyed by her hahahaha really I’m not feeling the moms in this series. Based on the preview, is SH gonna do a “WS move” where she will have a fake affair? Or simply break up with JH. But anyway, I’m pretty sure they’re gonna break up and have separate lives but after a year or more they’ll meet again and have a happy ever after. JH gonna be a professional photographer for sure. 

God, no! I don’t want a forced separation and a time jump :bawling: it goes against everything this couple has build up so far.

And if SH fakes an affair/getting back with WS just to “let JH go” then I am dropping this drama. That would be the most stupid thing she can do. 

What SH needs is the courage to stand up for her happiness. I don’t care if they elope. I’m all for it. I just don’t feel any sympathy for JH’s mum right now!  

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Still hope for happy ending...and no time jump PLEASE...I hate time jump...hate it...really hate it!!:tounge_wink:

I am still holding grudge at the writer for yesterday's episode..LOL! Let's see if she make up for us tonight..:unsure:

Jin Soo deserves happy ending..

hqdefault.jpg

photo credit to owner

• Like 18

I stoped watching ep13 before the "meet JH's mum" end scene, because I was sad to begin with today, and did not think I could handle it.

Loved the rest though:

- the way they approach the conversation about marriage and ever after is the most realistic I've seen in a very long time. The fact that she is worried and ashamed about her history... and that it takes some convincing that all that does not matter as long as they are together...  Even the fact that they talk about it properly...that marriage is not about grand-gesture proposals, but about a lifetime commitment that should not be taken lightly.

- I love how her interaction with JH changes her in ways small (like inviting people to her house for dinner) and large (like choosing to forgive the minion's betrayal, and sending him to Cuba so that he learns to treasure what he was willing to destroy). They do make each other better

- every moment of their day to day looks wonderful; eating together, preparing a meal together, or sitting on the couch ... it all feels meaningful and perfect

- the board meeting reminded me that Sh is so cool; also proved to WS that she does not need protection or saving - from him or anyone

- I also love how normal their relationship has become, that by now people talk about it  as if it's a given; they can even kiss at the office like it's no big deal.

Because of the last point, I got so angry about JH's mother's actions. I knew from the beginning that she would oppose and that it would take work to convince her. But the way she went about it was really despicable - the sneaking behind the scenes while avoiding direct confrontation... the manipulativeness of it all. And the fact that she cares more about what the neighbors say than her son explicitly stating that he can't live without SH. I am angry because that hits SH where it hurts the most. MiLfH and WME are bad, but at least they are upfront about it. After a first marriage into a family where she felt treated like an object to display while despised behind the scenes, the last thing in the world she needs is another disapproving mother in law... JH's mother's actions targeted her deepest insecurities and thus hurt the most.

Why is it that in this show being a mother necessarily makes you a jerk?

Overall, I'm even more sad now than I was at the start of the day.

I trust and hope JiSoo will continue to be their amazing couple self, despite all the messiness.

As long as they talk about it, it should be ok...

Please be ok.

PS: I've decided to wait until end of the series and binge the rest. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

@jl08

Yes chingu! We got our wish, albeit it’s a silent cry but still. Crying and talking! I think the Encounter team are really monitoring this thread closely. Seriously. Im almost positive :ph34r:

To the Encounter team who is reading this.... Do us a favor, log in and say a big fat hello to us after Episode 16! We are your biggest fans/analyser/buzz creator! Encounter fighting! :heart:

30 minutes ago, boredahjumma said:

I know this is just a drama, but sometimes it hit too close to home...

I agree. The very same thing happened with my parents, but in reverse. Too close to home. If you wanna know how their love story ended, well I’m in this world arent I? So I have hope that this drama will end happily!

• Like 14
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, charlieblue17 said:

Overall, I'm even more sad now than how I started the day.

Hey, cheer up! 

Every cloud has a silver lining, remember? What our OTP is going through now will make them more united as we can see already..

Despite the storm, they are still very much in love with each other and even more so by the day! Let's focus on the sweet moments rather than on the obstacles which are there for a reason - to make everything that much sweeter at the end. 

Good times will definitely come, so be happy!    :D

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2