Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Current Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구 - Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST

31 minutes ago, Rupayan Das said:

I think the context to his confession is clear.

throughout his dialogue, he was questioning himself about why did he get up in the middle of the night, drive a truck for hours just to meet the CEO of his company.

csh already knew where it was going so she warned him about his choice of words. but kjh ignored it and clearly explained to her that he came because he missed her. he wanted to see her.

it is not that if Koreans confess that they miss each other, its love. but the build-up to him saying he missed her is what indicates that he has feelings for her that is more than just friends.

Thank you. I stand corrected. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dahae2006 said:

Hello @caileysmiley ,  i am here bcos you call my name:D .  Let's have fun together in this thread as i wrote this sentence in much much earlier page 5?. i am thinking to write my view in this weekend only as i will be more calmer and not necessary to write anymore.

Thank you so much for last night recaps and comments @ahdrianaa and many lovely chingus.  i watched live but without you all, i will not understand a single words. And i am excited to read what theories will come out too.  Thank you @jil08 too

i thought  5% rating for 1st ep counting bogum and kyo's popularity ( bogum fandom in korea  quite big after idol fandom)  as  3% rating is good enough for cable channel.  we should be happy that they got 9 % (1.  writer has bad reputation  &  2. they are not Netflix 20/25/40 billion won budget drama. i do remember both of their name and writer and pd name come out first without brocast station. then tvn picked it up.   

how can his fan got this picture screen caps . LOL .

oh, here smiling one for all who loves the drama  / true drama fan

what a beautiful poem

together with the music and the characters' motivation, this reminded me of Pablo Neruda's poetry 

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 4

i want to read  any kind chingus here thought about this beautiful poem too .  Of course we wants to see more of light moments for our entertainment before angst,  i agree with straight forward and fast Jinhyuk's confession as bogum described his character as green grape (youthful, refreshing etc) . He does not have girl friend / pure / inexperienced in relationship / happy go lucky type / not even worry about stable job. my list go on---

Anyway Let's cheers for the drama and crew, they are filming during this cold weather and not pre produced drama. so tiring.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, bohmi said:

OST Part 2. Lee So Ra (Into My Heart)

Another reason why I immediately fell in love with this drama is because of the soundtrack. Thank you for sharing this. I'm also looking for the English song that has been playing in the episodes. Remind me of works of Jason Mraz. Can somebody point me to the source?

Sharing what I got from Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3h6lvZedcfTZl5hmwKtCMt

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 6

I m officially in love with phase n the flow of this story!! :love:Many felt dissapointed seeing KJH's confession but I didn't feel it awkward or too soon!! KJH clearly started showing hints of his feeling from even 2nd episode where after the stuff toy game when CSH went away, he said he feels strange when he is with her n the way he looked at the toy when he was working!!.. Plus in ep 3 he dropped hints when his friend said that CSH is used to being limelight but he was still concerned for her when she passed by!! His look gave away that he wanted to know how was she doing? The way he wanted to stay back when Mr. Nam was leaving CSH.. The way he was concerned abt her when he was going back whether she is living her life or is she just bearing it.. The way he looked at concern when she was taking the pills.. He was already questioning his feelings for her but when he heard the song dedicated to longing n embracing, he knew it that he had this feelings for CSH.. The scene where he confesses that he missed her, CSH knew that him coming back isn't for food but something else still she went out with him n asked him the reason.. I guess KJH clearly questioned his feelings n found his answer infront of her.. The way the showed their legs when he arrived at her hotel, it showed hesitation n confusion n the legs position in restaurant showed the longing to embrace her!! 

I wondered y is CSH's ex in-law soo obsessed with her.. I guess we got the answer that is her son still loves CSH n is waiting for her.. So she wouldn't allow her to get away!! I may be wrong but her ex husband has written over all his face that he still loves CSH n is waiting for her n is crazy for her.. But alas!! CSH can't see it!! He is still possessive of her when he asked that she doesn't have any relation with KJH.. The way he brought the dress which was someone else by stealing off made me anxious that he might be a person who would get what he wants by hook or by crook!! I m pretty much concerned abt him.. Plus the friend of KJH has understood that KJH has feelings towards CSH but it seems she will linger over!! 

I guess CSH's husband will notice KJH n CSH while she comes back based on the preview from previous week.. I know there will be many heavy stuff but the couple moments which they will spent is what I m looking forward too!! 

Longing and embracing 

RMHEMYQ.jpg

YtDf961.jpg

P. S. Hope the ratings increase in upcoming episode.. But I would definitely say this show is getting fat better ratings with the shows that has broadcasted together with it.. So guys don't get disheartened.. Plus PBG n SHK r the best in showing Longing n Embracing feelings:kiss_wink:.. This feelings they brought to the characters can't be compared with any other characters!! 

• Like 20

Newcomer here.

The drama is not what you see, is what you get kind of thing. Yes, we need to read between the lines. If  u  only use your eyes and ears, it will lead u on dead one. This calls for a lot of thinking and emotions.

When KH first saw CH, walking in Cuba, its the start of his feelings. But when he learned that she is the CEO, its a setback for him. But with Mr. Nam's intervention and the radio's requested song, he knew he has

to  start somewhere. 

By the way, He just said i miss you, not i love you.

Edited by roshzanna
wrong grammar
  • Like 14

20181206_105931.jpg?zoom=3&resize=360%2C218&ssl=1SCREEN CAPTURE FROM VIU PH

K-DRAMA

3 Key Moments In Park Bo Gum & Song Hye Kyo’s “Encounter” Episode 3

By abbyinhallyuland | December 6, 2018

ZOOMING IN TO A FAST-PACED NARRATION, TVN’S ENCOUNTERBEGINS TO UNRAVEL THE LOOMING CONFLICT TO BE TACKLED BY SOO HYUN AND JIN HYUK.

Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo continue the interesting blend of their pairing, with arresting portrayals of their characters in Encounter.

Encounter

After that woe-inducing premiere week cliff-hanger, our optimistic hero worries about the trouble caused by the ramyun rest stop date.

Meanwhile, hotel CEO Cha Soo Hyun feels exactly the same way for Kang Jin Hyuk.

1. ARTICLE III SECTION IV OF SOO HYUN’S DIVORCE AGREEMENT

Encounter

Following the aftermath of the supposed dating scandal of Soo Hyun, her ex-mother-monster-in-law barged in to her office for explanation. 

Apparently, a stipulation in the divorce Soo Hyun agreed to, includes refraining her to do something inappropriate that would disgrace the family.

Per ex-mom-in-law’s rule, Soo Hyun broke it owing to the incident with Jin Hyuk. Previously, the former in-laws (Soo Hyun’s mom and ex-mom-in-law) met to discuss marrying off their divorced children again. Consequently, a dating scandal would not look good to support their evil plan.

2. YEARNING

EncounterEncounter

Soo Hyun goes to Seokcho to stake out on an artist, who suddenly reverted the initial agreement for an exhibit set to be launched by her company. Behind this act of course is ex-mom-in-law. Knowing who can cheer up his friend’s daughter, Mr. Nam aka Soo Hyun’s driver, brings Jin Hyuk with him to where she is, and leaves intentionally for the two to spend time together.

Jin Hyuk gives Soo Hyun a book with a photograph of her. They later play in a nearby beach just like worry-free children.

Soo Hyun’s secretary-friend lectures ex-husband-in-law not to meddle on Soo Hyun’s affairs if he cannot protect her. Bingo. 

At night, Soo Hyun reads through Jin Hyuk’s recommended poetry; one which exactly defines her life:

There are roads I want to take when I am told not to.
There are people I want to see when we agreed not to.
There are things I want to do more when I am told not to.
That is life and yearning.
That is you.

3. WHAT SHOULD OUR RELATIONSHIP BE LIKE?

EncounterEncounterEncounter

A melody from his radio startled Jin Hyuk who is physically exhausted from the weekend trip. He rushes to drive back where Soo Hyun is to ask her to join him for a quick bite.

Wanting to relieve himself of building emotions he can no longer contain, he throws in an unexpected question to Soo Hyun: “What should our relationship be like?”

Soo Hyun attempts to evade it, but Jin Hyuk pushes to declare how he went all the way back to where she is, just to say that he misses her and wants to see her.

ENCOUNTER EPISODE 3 AFTERTHOUGHTS

I fear for Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk’s romance if it will happen really soon — like tonight — because former mom-in-law looks really scary to be honest.

But then, I have to give it to Jin Hyuk for being brave, because that is something that Soo Hyun cannot summon out of her sacrificial nature.

With ex-husband-in-law pictured to have genuine feelings for his ex-wife, the dice has been rolled for an emotional journey to be traversed by Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk in achieving their own romance.

Encounter

Encounter airs on tvN and tvN Asia. Fans can also watch it on VIU.

ABOUT THE WRITER

abbyinhallyuland reads and sleeps a lot when she is not traveling. Her calendar reminders are mostly K-Drama broadcast schedules and birthdays of her favorite Korean actors. Promoting K-Drama watching as stress therapy is her life advocacy. She is fond of Spencer Reid, Kenshin Himura, Starwars saga, Haruki Murakami, Studio Ghibli and Hunter x Hunter.

Favorite Korean Dramas: Reply 1988, Nine, Misaeng, Gaksital, Discovery of Love, Because This is My First Life, Descendants of the Sun, My Love from the Star, Healer, Punch, You’re Beautiful, Coffee Prince, Princess Hours, The Greatest Love, Sungkyunkwan Scandal, and City Hunter......Source Credit @https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/park-bo-gum-song-hye-kyo-encounter-episode-3/

• Like 8

Even the props have stories to tell.

How can you not fall in love even with them?

My faves: the souvenirs from Cuba and first night in Seoul in KJH's room (camera, high-heeled shoes, and that adorable white angel-owl)*, and the paintings in CSH's room.

And those animated intros to the episode. Wonderful art!

* I don't seem to understand the limitations in image upload.

So you may view them here:

https://forums.soompi.com/en/profile/1455076-foolmoondance/

Edited by foolmoondance
link doesn't work, added text
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, ardently said:

I think after Love in the Moonlight, he decided to finish his Bachelor's Degree and did not accept any project.  

@anya

To answer your question, if anything PBG is very much like his 1988 character.

Clumsy, talks less but is very very mature and observant. The only difference is that he is cheerful when taek wasn't as cheerful. or maybe add clumsy in current character's trait portfolio.

And again, he prioritized his education. I think he completed recently - junish.. 

• Like 2

There are roads I want to take when I am told not to.
That is you.

Proof shots of the book and poem posted by viewers after last night’s episode.

0794-D9-C5-6-F67-4937-8905-3-B4-F24-E043

I’m so sure at this rate with everything the drama touches creating such a buzz the book sales will see an increase. 

Edit - does someone have a really dependable streaming link that they know of?

Vedi Vero stores in Korea have been promoting the drama.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

This simple and honest man is not very simple :P

I think at times he calculates his words well enough.

After the potato rice cake scene where he says  "this is our day 1".. that was such obvious teasing from his side, which then also says volume about his "b'ful woman" type of comments. They don't just come out automatically from his mouth.. its like he is consciously pursuing her and utters them for that pull-push effect. Apologize but then repeat it to mean he ain't exactly just being nice to her :P

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

That is you.

I’m so sure at this rate with everything the drama touches creating such a buzz the book sales will see an increase. 

lol.. the ppl will only go worse from goblin..

goblin was still nice about their ppl..

did you see bo gummie drinking that whatever that drink was :P

full on tv, print commercial  all rolled into one perfect shot of him drinking with side profile and well lit background

• Like 2

Just now, ahdrianaa said:

That is you.

0794-D9-C5-6-F67-4937-8905-3-B4-F24-E043

Vedi Vero stores in Korea have been promoting the drama.

who's the author of the book poetry?

• Like 2