Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Current Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구 - Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST

5 hours ago, gumtaek said:

The 2nd OST Track sung by Lee Sora will be released today.

Figuring out the title of the track:)

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201812060100037860002624&servicedate=20181206

Title of the 2nd track is "You Are My Only One".

@aisling, @thistle: The English song has not been officially announced as part of the soundtrack. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

“Encounter” And “The Last Empress” Are Neck-And-Neck With Leading Viewership Ratings

Dec 6, 2018
by E. Kang

The battle for viewership ratings on Wednesdays and Thursdays is heating up!

While ratings for cable dramas and public broadcasting dramas are aggregated in a slightly different manner, both SBS’s “The Last Empress” and tvN’s “Encounter” recorded 9.3 percent in viewership on December 5 according to Nielsen Korea.

More specifically, “The Last Empress” saw viewership ratings of 6.1 percent and 9.3 percent for its two episodes with a peak of 13.2 percent. Among those in the targeted age group of 20-49 years old, it brought in ratings of 2.2 percent and 3.6 percent.

As mentioned, “Encounter” marked 9.3 percent in viewership ratings with a peak at 10.3 percent. While lower than last week’s average ratings, its December 5 episode did see considerable ratings among those in the targeted age group of 20-49 years old, recording 5.2 percent with a peak of 6.0 percent.

MBC’s “Children of Nobody” saw a personal best in viewership ratings on December 5 at 4.6 percent and 5.5 percent, while KBS2’s “Feel Good to Die” recorded ratings of 2.5 percent and 2.8 percent.

OCN’s “God’s Quiz: Reboot” brought in higher ratings than MBN’s “Love Alert,” its competitor drama in the same time slot. “God’s Quiz: Reboot” saw a viewership of 2.1 percent while “Love Alert” recorded 1.5 percent.

Check out the latest “Encounter” episode below!                                                            Source Credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1274189wpp/encounter-last-empress-neck-neck-leading-viewership-ratings

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, gigivillaceran said:

“Encounter” And “The Last Empress” Are Neck-And-Neck With Leading Viewership Ratings

Dec 6, 2018
by E. Kang

The "neck-to-neck' info is misleading because you can't put a cable TV rating on the same level as a public broadcasting channel such as SBS. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, utkim said:

Honestly I love this ep, it isn’t funny as ep 2 but i like how the story is unfold, it’s realistic. 

No matter how much her ex husband loves her, I’m thankful he let her to get some freedom, not involved with his mom. God , it must be like living in hell, she’s scary :sweatingbullets:. I feel pity for him though. 

I pity the ex-husband too, he genuinely care about CSH, he tried her best to protect her, when he against his mom  "Leave Donghwa Hotel" Donghwa Hotel means a lot to CSH, he doesn't want his mom take the hotel from CSH. Letting go of someone who you love with the purpose to let her find happiness, not everyone could me such a decision. Hope Jung Woo Seok will be CSH backup when it's against the ex MIL

2 hours ago, smiletall said:

I'm not sure if her ex, JWS, will turn evil or not. I could see it going both ways. I really hope he does not go bad, as it would be more refreshing that way. And instead, they end up as friends and working together to help each other to break free of their mothers' grasps and live their own lives. I feel like JWS is a rather sad character. He likely felt like he connected to SH because of their similar circumstance, and chose to let her go because of his love for her as he was powerless against his mother to do otherwise. I hope that his feelings for SH do not turn into possessiveness, like his mother. Rather, that through his feelings for SH, he is able to finally stand up to his mother in the way he should have when they were married. 

Me too, I hope her ex wouldn't turn bad and being possessive to get CSH back. It will be fun when CSH and JWS team up to fire back to the ex MIL

• Like 10

On 12/1/2018 at 9:18 PM, anya77 said:

Some have said that the role is very much like PBG's actual character but he apparently he turned down lots of roles before he finally accepted this one so there probably will be interesting developments which prompted him to take this. PBG has been called Nation's "Son-in-law" meaning that Korean mothers would pick him as their ideal son-in-law but clearly this won't be the case with Cha -Soo-Hyun's mother who is so ambitious that she wants her old son-in-law back. 

I think after Love in the Moonlight, he decided to finish his Bachelor's Degree and did not accept any project.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gumtaek said:

8. [+500,-138]
Is this the scriptwriter's fault? When did the two fall for each other? When did their feelings develop? Viewers are supposed to get immersed in their lines naturally, but...... when he said he missed her.... "Why is he suddenly like that?" That's what I thought. 

Sorry but I agreed with this one. Its too fast, hope the next ep will be better

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rahma92 said:

I dont know about others but for me when I saw the 1st ep where KJH saw CSH for the 1st time, he already attracted to her. 

It’s their first encounter in Cuba that gave deep impact for both of them especially KJH.

Maybe because he is still young then he has the guts to confess compared with CSH who already had experienced failure in marriage and a not so closed relationship with her mom

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rahma92 said:

Three episodes to fall in love sound reasonable to me. There was obviously an attraction from the beginning but still not enough to be called love.

And Idk if it's just me but I could totally see the different stages of their relationship. 

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, shoyunnie said:

I dont know about others but for me when I saw the 1st ep where KJH saw CSH for the 1st time, he already attracted to her. 

It’s their first encounter in Cuba gave deep impact for both of them especially KJH.

Maybe because he is still young then he have the guts to confess compared with CSH who already had experienced failure in marriage and a not so closed relationship with her mom

I think it will better if they're develop their feelings more, because we still in ep 3.

still need one ep to make me believe it. 

but still "I miss you" part really touching my heart. Supeeer acting from PBG   

• Like 3

Watch: “Encounter” Shares Extras And Bloopers With Park Bo Gum And Song Hye Kyo

Watch: “Encounter” Shares Extras And Bloopers With Park Bo Gum And Song Hye Kyo

Dec 6, 2018
by R. Jun

In a new video released on December 5, tvN’s “Encounter” shares extras from behind the scenes, including some funny bloopers.

In the first scene, Park Bo Gum makes a mistake in his line to Song Hye Kyo, and when they try again, they immediately burst out laughing at the same time.

Park Bo Gum then puts his best drunk face on, shooting a scene where he’s at a company dinner. Later, drunk in the car with Song Hye Kyo, the actress compliments the actor, saying, “He’s really good at acting drunk.”

In another scene, Park Bo Gum gets in a car, and as Song Hye Kyo is walking around to the passenger side, the director yells “No, no, no! Again again again!” Alarmed, Song Hye Kyo turns around, and the director says, “Bogummy is passing by,” pointing at a truck driving by with one of Park Bo Gum’s ads on the side.

The director jokes, “Bogummy went by! This is because of him!”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1274097wpp/watch-encounter-shares-extras-bloopers-park-bo-gum-song-hye-kyo

• Like 10

The ending of the third episode kinda surprised me but did not amuse me.  Bo Gum's expression is a little bland for me when he said "I miss you".  The longing in his eyes is lacking unlike his expression when he said that to Kim Yoong Jung.  I also think it's too early for him to say that to his boss when she clearly said to him that theirs is just an employee and boss relationship.  He should keep some reservation out of respect and wait till her feelings for him fully develop.  Even in real life, no matter how much you like someone, you can't confess that easily.  You have to muster a lot of courage to do that. It came out of his mouth so easily.  Boy likes girl or girl likes boy but feelings are being suppressed till the time they are ready to explode.   Aren't these the reason why we like Korean dramas?  Secret love, jealousy, love-hate relationship, they are the spices that never run out of taste.  My anticipation and excitement are gone now.  As always, i will continue to watch this drama and pull through to the end, if only because of PBG.

• Sad 1

Hello, everyone! I'm new in this thread. Just an appreciation post for what I felt were those little moments and pleasant surprises that added more heart to episode 3:

(1) Mr. Nam playing cupid is THE BEST THING in this episode I swear. He seems like a very cheerful teddy bear, I want to give him a hug.
(2) Soo-hyun's dad gently reminding her to not skip meals. At least there is a bit of warmth in CSH's family, right? I hope dad would stand up for his daughter when the situation calls for it.
(3) The impromptu "welcome breakfast" for JH's dongsaeng. It showed how warm and loving JH's family is. I wonder if CSH will have the chance to visit their home! It would be interesting if that would happen!
(4) I have to admit that I found it surprising that WS is not the complete jerk that I thought he would be. I hope he doesn't become evil once jealousy towards CSH's affections for JH becomes more apparent. He seems like a genuinely nice guy who genuinely loves and cares for Soo-hyun and who happens to live the same sad life as hers. I feel a little sad for him, too.

I hope for more cupid Mr. Nam moments, tbh haha. And yeah, it gives me comfort that at least CSH has her secretary and driver as formidable allies once all hell breaks loose. At least she's not completely alone.

P.S. (5) I also found it heartwarming when CSH decided to ride the moon snails truck instead of her ride. I found it a sweet gesture :wub:

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, ardently said:

The ending of the third episode kinda surprised me but did not amuse me.  Bo Gum's expression is a little bland for me when he said "I miss you".  The longing in his eyes is lacking unlike his expression when he said that to Kim Yoong Jung.  I also think it's too early for him to say that to his boss when she clearly said to him that theirs is just an employee and boss relationship.  He should keep some reservation out of respect and wait till her feelings for him fully develop.  Even in real life, no matter how much you like someone, you can't confess that easily.  You have to muster a lot of courage to do that. It came out of his mouth so easily.  Boy likes girl or girl likes boy but feelings are being suppressed till the time they are ready to explode.   Aren't these the reason why we like Korean dramas?  Secret love, jealousy, love-hate relationship, they are the spices that never run out of taste.  My anticipation and excitement are gone now.  As always, i will continue to watch this drama and pull through to the end, if only because of PBG.

Really, I actually love PBG's acting in that part.
but beside that I'm totally agreed with you. he even didnt dare touching her in eps 2 and still look awkward with each other, but now he just confess to her?     

• Like 2

Top 10 cable dramas ratings, Encounter ranks 1st!

Dtscw44V4AAFMkk?format=jpg&name=orig

Encounter still managed to take the lead though percent of rating reduced from previous episode 2 reaching peak 10.3 nationwide (agb nielsen) , 12.8 Seoul (agb nielsen)

@gumtaek @dahae2006 @gakE @utkim @bohmi 

And everyone here!

Hope tonight's episode will receive a much better rating! 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, dvrels said:

I pity the ex-husband too, he genuinely care about CSH.....

Perhaps I have missed something?  The Ex had an affair on CSH and wanted a divorce.  He is still with the other woman but he won't marry her.  That's not a man who deserves pity.

1 hour ago, leedonghaek said:

Three episodes to fall in love sound reasonable to me. There was obviously an attraction from the beginning but still not enough to be called love.

And Idk if it's just me but I could totally see the different stages of their relationship. 

I like the pacing here, and I'm glad we didn't have to wait for the relationship to begin.  It makes sense that there was an immediate attraction.  However, since we are just at the beginning of the drama, this just leaves lots more time for things to go wrong later!  -_-

24 minutes ago, teachermok said:

.....(1) Mr. Nam playing cupid is THE BEST THING in this episode I swear. He seems like a very cheerful teddy bear, I want to give him a hug.....

Mr. Nam is my favorite.  He deserves a love story of his own.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ardently said:

It sucks that you're not excited anymore!!  But I felt the same sort of...  It was a surprise-- I really thought that the writer would hold off on having JinHyuk come any closer to telling SooHyun that he likes her, other than his fakeout "today is the first day" line. 

(I hope you don't mind me adding my own interpretation of BoGum's delivery of that "I miss you line")  To me, it wasn't bland so much as terribly confused and conflicted.  It was like he was saying with his face and eyes "now that I've driven through the night on the echoes of a song, dragged her from sleep to have breakfast with me, what the hell am I even doing right now?" through the whole conversation.  And of course, just like you said, if this was real life, there would be a LOT more build up to the confession.  However, even though JinHyuk has told SooHyun that he misses her, I'm thinking that what is going to be happening next is a lot of push-pull between them.  That back and forth of him trying to get her to come out and play, is going to give us the kdrama spice that we love.  And in the background, we'll have the triple (quadruple?) threat of SooHyun's ex-husband, JinHyuk's friends/family, and the Mothers. 

I'm already anticipating (i.e. preparing for the angst with tissues) SooHyun rejecting JinHyuk in the next ep-- not because I want her to, but because she's too smart to lose her head this early in the game. 

1 hour ago, teachermok said:

I have to admit that I found it surprising that WS is not a complete jerk that I thought he would be. I hope he doesn't become evil once jealousy towards CSH's affections for JH becomes more apparent. He seems like genuinely nice guy who genuinely loves and cares for Soo-hyun and who happens to live the same sad life as hers. I feel a little sad for him, too.

I'm super undecided about SooHyun's ex-husband.  Like he seems he really may have been trying to set SooHyun free for her own good by divorcing her, but he agreed to save JinHyuk's job on the condition that SooHyun wasn't really in a relationship with him.  That's not exactly nice guy material.  And seriously dude?  You want to buy a dress for your ex-wife, so you bribe a shop attendant into letting you buy it??  I'm thinking SooHyun is not a fan of that sort of underhandedness, no matter well-intentioned and harmless it may be. 

But despite not really liking some of his words or actions, I do want him to get free and live the life he wants to live.  And the writer has done a good job, if by ep3 I'm feeling sorry for the guy blocking my OTP from getting together. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 8