Quantcast
the girl who!

[Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@stroppyse ~ the past episodes didn't really indicate that soo hyun was ever in love with injoon; so was really surprised to hear her voice such sentiment. but perhaps, the point is not that she wants injoon specifically but rather somewhere far inside of her, she does want someone to love and who loves her back. she is very much alone other than her parents. she has no friends and only enemies because of her terrible behaviour. so maybe the dream was for someone to see beyond that and love her still? that was the hope? so maybe it is more a broken dream rather than love of injoon specifically?

I might buy that line of thought except for the fact that she threw away TO and her daughter. Literally. If it was love that she was hungering for, there were two people there who loved her, wanted her, and needed her. So, why she then decided to throw them away and go search for love with IJ doesn't make sense to me.

What does make sense is that IJ was a prize to be had in the way that TO at the time she was with him wasn't. So, I still don't buy that she felt loved by IJ. I can see him being respectful to her and acceding to the arranged marriage because that is what people at their stations did, but that is far from being love. And, we saw very early on that he really did not give her that much regard. I feel that at the beginning of the drama, she was in total possessive and jealousy mode over him, but that he didn't really do much to encourage any such possessiveness from her anyway.

Frankly, not sure what to make of it.

Btw, on a slightly different note, the actress who plays SH in this drama, So Yi Hyun is apparently famous in South Korea for being such a kind and dutiful daughter-in-law, wife, and mother. So, despite the nasty character of SH in this drama, the actress is much beloved, and receives plenty of encouragement and fan mail praising her performance in this drama. :)

• Like 6

@stroppyse ~ soo hyun's portrayal is very confusing (in a good way) in that she seems to have many dimensions. like you said, why on earth did she abandon tae oh and her daughter and even declare that she doesn't care if the child dies? and she didn't even seem to care for injoon at all because there were many times she humiliated him in a subtle way and so he pushed right back in a very polite manner. maybe like you said, he was just a prize and represented something? like she has achieved and she has value?

• Like 7

On 1/12/2019 at 9:58 PM, anony12345 said:

I really hope he doesn't forgive her that easily - some of the characters in this show are very gullible

Assuming Tae Ho may go through with trying to harm Hae Ra, In Joon will find out and try to protect her in some way, and then Tae Ho drops that they've been playing him this entire time wanting to break up the marriage, and HR was also trying to get revenge on him for her sister (which is why he showed her the signature on the bill)

@anony12345

Wow, I get the sense that you really do not like Hae-Ra.  I hope In Joon  understands her motivation, based on the fact his mother was taken away from him at an early age and all he wanted was revenge. 

Assuming Tae Ho tells In Joon about the plot, he will also have to tell In Joon about Soo Hyun; their love affair and child together.  Therefore, as hurt as In-Joon might be that Hae-Ra was out for revenge, he still made the right decision in not marrying Soo Hyun.  In-Joon had two motivations for giving up everything, and the main motivation was to get out of the marriage with Soo Hyun whom he did not love, but was going to make it work because he did not believe in love.  I believe that Soo Hyun was pressured to walk away from her love and child; therefore, she was hoping that In-Joon would come to love her, she would have fame, fortune and power, and her sacrifice would be worth it. 

I commend In-Joon for going with his heart, even if Hae Ra does not love him, she will make a great partner and they will build an empire of their own in honor of his mother and her father.  @Lmangla I think as you do,  Hae Ra really cares for In Joon but is conflicted.  If she did not, she would not have worked so hard to make all of those shoes as a surprise for him.  I don't think she would have gone to bed with him so readily if it was just  about revenge.  She could have said "put a ring on it" first.  I believe she was sincere when she told him that she liked him, it was after her confession to In-Joon  that she saw of the the "so called" damming evidence. Even then, she did try to find out more; however, the on thing she has not done is to ask In-Joon. Please communicate.  

My Perdition 

In-Joon and Hae-Ra will get married, that is how Hae-Ra and her sister-in-law gets close and take them all down.  In Joon will probably end up with the Gold Empire anyway once the step-mother and uncle has been put in jail for attempted murder and the son disgraced.  Who knows the step-mother might be convicted for the murder of In-Joon's mother also.  

I also hope that the writer put Tae Ho and Soo Hyun together again with their daughter.  He still loves her and will give her what she needs love. 

• Like 3

On 1/17/2019 at 2:42 PM, Carmarie said:

@anony12345

Wow, I get the sense that you really do not like Hae-Ra.  I hope In Joon  understands her motivation, based on the fact his mother was taken away from him at an early age and all he wanted was revenge. 

Assuming Tae Ho tells In Joon about the plot, he will also have to tell In Joon about Soo Hyun; their love affair and child together.  Therefore, as hurt as In-Joon might be that Hae-Ra was out for revenge, he still made the right decision in not marrying Soo Hyun.  In-Joon had two motivations for giving up everything, and the main motivation was to get out of the marriage with Soo Hyun whom he did not love, but was going to make it work because he did not believe in love.  I believe that Soo Hyun was pressured to walk away from her love and child; therefore, she was hoping that In-Joon would come to love her, she would have fame, fortune and power, and her sacrifice would be worth it. 

I commend In-Joon for going with his heart, even if Hae Ra does not love him, she will make a great partner and they will build an empire of their own in honor of his mother and her father. 

It's funny because Lee Min Jung is genuinely my favourite actress and hands down is the most beautiful Korean actress for me, but her characters always have something irritating about them. I thought the same thing in Single Cunning Lady. I find her incredibly naive in this specific show.

When it comes to that side of his life In Joon just seems very innocent compared to Hae-ra - even if the end goal is something he wouldn't mind the intentions were rarely ever good. Even in real life if you got the guy or girl of your dreams and you realise half of the meeting/chase was pure manipulation, this idea that you'd just brush it off because the end result is something you desire is odd to me. Especially when one of the main end goals is love - just seems a twisted way to end up there without some reflection which is what I meant with not wanting him to just be like "that's fine, I didn't want to get married to her anyway" when the reveal happens. 

Done with episode 13 (25/26). WOW didn't expect this twist at all! Need to see the next episode like right now.

Firstly, I laughed at how horrified SooHyun was to wake up in JTO's apartment. And also how her first reflex is to actually visit Jennie's room like a creep. Well, at least now she knows that both her child and Tae Oh want her.

So, the book she found is called "crazy love" and she gave it to JTO, she wrote "I will always love you/Always love you" in it. Now is the big twist, someone mailed pictures of SooHyun and In Joon to Tae Oh with a letter..... and this letter mention Hae Ra, so none of this was actually a coincidence. The highlight of the letter: "This woman wants to destroy In Joon".

Will edit when I'm done with episode 14 (27/28).

Edit: 100% sure it's sister/daughter in law doing now!

• Like 6

85D52400-2342-483C-B03C-53B576E75787.jpg

What her problem , who ask her to play detective , will they destroy all the evidence / records now  :unsure:  - I can’t wait for sub 

• Like 3

A translation of the preview.

CSH: There is something you definitely have to know. Goo Hae Ra. Absolutely, don’t trust her. You don’t know what she might do to you.

Short preview. Does this mean that CSH finds out about GHR's sister and TIJ's alleged involvement with her?

Btw, a little off topic, but the evil second lead in this drama has the same name as the good main lead in another current drama. And, it does my head in a bit to switch between these two dramas with protagonist/antagonist with the same names. I have to check the thread to make sure I'm on the right thread and the right character. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

A translation of the preview.

CSH: There is something you definitely have to know. Goo Hae Ra. Absolutely, don’t trust her. You don’t know what she might do to you.

Short preview. Does this mean that CSH finds out about GHR's sister and TIJ's alleged involvement with her?

Btw, a little off topic, but the evil second lead in this drama has the same name as the good main lead in another current drama. And, it does my head in a bit to switch between these two dramas with protagonist/antagonist with the same names. I have to check the thread to make sure I'm on the right thread and the right character. :lol:

She knows from the letter that Tae Oh got that HaeRa isn't trustful.

Seeing how Tae Oh can't keep his mouth close in episode 14, pretty sure he is the one who told her where to find HaeRa's sister.

• Like 4

He Ra has made her bed and unfortunately, she will have to lie in it. My prediction is, no matter how much In Joon loves her, he will toss her away and grind her into dust because he gave her his heart and she willfully broke it; this is what happens when vengeance takes control; one is not able to see the forrest for the trees. I like He Ra, I really do, but she has earned everything that is coming to her from IN Joon and more. In Joon will turn into his father by the end of this drama 100%...I hope I am wrong, but that it is the most logical conclusion. He Ra will prove untrustworthy and even if In Joon my understand it to a certain degree and even forgive, he will NOT reconcile!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heartbreakn said:

Seeing how Tae Oh can't keep his mouth close, pretty sure he is the one who told her about HaeRa sister. 

That makes sense.

28 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

He Ra will prove untrustworthy and even if In Joon my understand it to a certain degree and even forgive, he will NOT reconcile!

But IJ had that lovely speech where he tells her that he loves her, and even if she's lying to him, it was okay, because she was the one he loved! Then again, I suppose that had yet to be really tested in terms of IJ finding out that HR really had been lying to him.

But, I don't think IJ will turn into his father.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

That makes sense.

But IJ had that lovely speech where he tells her that he loves her, and even if she's lying to him, it was okay, because she was the one he loved! Then again, I suppose that had yet to be really tested in terms of IJ finding out that HR really had been lying to him.

I think he will be beyond done having been played the fool; he took her to see his mother's ashes. Her own friend asked her to confront him straight out---She is so hell bent on revenge she rebuffed her. Even so, she still does not have enough information that it was conclusively him so she is getting revenge on small bed crumbs of information; silly rabbit! For He Ra to be so smart, she cannot even read her lying richard simmons mother-in-law. She has allied herself with all the wrong people and the very ones she has allied herself with is the reason her sister is not roaming freely!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

That makes sense.

Yeah he wont reach that level at all she loves him too going by her reaction it just such a messed up situation.I think he going  to be more furious with his family.

Of course he is going  to be hurt like he was today but I think he will understand more when the truth comes out since   is dealing with the same thing.

His family has done far too much damage all of them must be punish.

Edited by dramaninja
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Yeah he wont reach that level at all she loves him too going by her reaction it just such a messed up situation.I think he going  to be more furious with his family.

That's what I'm hoping as well. He has to learn the extent of his stepmother and half-brother's perfidy. Then he'll be absolutely furious with them. The question is whether after he finds out everything, he'll be able to accept HR's love as being genuine regardless of how he and HR had actually started. I choose to take IJ's words to HR as foreshadowing that he will be able to eventually forgive her. :D

• Like 4

Will write thoughts out later but is it not insinuated now that IJ got back from the US around the time of her sisters accident? Whereas her sister was seeing someone for months and was also pregnant. Did I miss something there?

• Like 3

finished this week's episodes -- oooh, did hera and injoon basically break up? it was interesting that when he is troubled wondering about the letter, his uncle's reaction is a cold "every woman will approach you for wrong reasons." ummm, what?? so sad. is that the reality of injoon? but she seemed like she could no longer fake it and was becoming cold as injoon put it. and now that her friend has the recording, will they figure out who was behind the sister's accident?

does anyone understand what the uncle is motivated by?

• Like 2