Quantcast

I was also born in September. I guess the Christmas season was indeed cold back then. :P

I recommend Avengers Social Club, which was fansubbed by us, your fellow Soompiers.

If you haven't had a chance to go cherry blossom viewing, I suggest you just eat it. This is a no-bake cherry blossom cheesecake recipe you should try: http://dailydelicious.blogspot.com/2013/10/sakura-white-chocolate-rare-cheesecake.html

Pair it with your favorite tea. ~

Or try this simple hotteok recipe, which evokes the sweetness and warmth of eating humble street food with your friends:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/244541/hotteok/

Happy birthday, September babies!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

October birthdays!

If your birthday is this month, as a community, we would like to wish you “Happy Birthday” :star:

The gemstones for this month are  Opal and Tourmaline which come in a variety of colours.  theme for this month is colorful, fun personalities with very diverse interests. .  

So what would you recommend based on those themes?

dramas:  here's recommendations from @staygold

Colorful, fun personality reminds me of that Kim Ra Ra from She was pretty!! I watched this drama just for her and Choi Si won.

There was also secretary Jang from My Secret romance who wore fabulous suits!

Spoiler

983ad22104c42f5f50b03a53ed5063f4.png&key

A drama that stood out for the colors has to be The Legend of the blue seas! And I am not even referring Jun Ji hyun. I cannot get over how fun Lee Min ho was in this drama. His neon sweater!!!! Her pink glasses and that sequined dress!!! He was a con and his imitations did show varied interests. She was quirky! :P 

5560446729817bd0467c89f97775f7cb.gif&key

kpop suggestions bursting with colour!

culture trivia:

how many scenes occur in public transportation? there are those long waits at the bus stops. the giggles as the two leads sit together perhaps. or a long melancholy stare out the bus window. or if you have amnesia or all of a sudden poor, find out that you need a bus pass to get on. (actually they can pay cash it seems according to official tourist site)

paying-bus-kdrama-my-spring-days-episode

buses are actually separated by colours. so next time, you see a kdrama, check the bus colour as well!

"Buses in Seoul are classified by color to differentiate the bus types: blue buses travel on major roads and run for relatively long distances through Seoul; green buses travel shorter distances and carry travelers between transfer points such as subway stations and longer bus routes; red buses are express buses that travel from Seoul to suburban areas; yellow buses operate on a closed circuit within a district of Seoul. Promoting this efficient management system, many other regions in Korea have also introduced similar designated bus systems to ensure the punctuality of public transportation."

to learn more: https://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/TRP/TP_ENG_5_1.jsp

Curious about anything that you watch in dramas and wonder why -- ask us and we will see if it can be answered in the next month's birthday wishes. If you watch lots of dramas or know a lot of kpop, raise your hand and you can help contribute to recommendations.

To see the list of birthdays by dates, check out: https://forums.soompi.com/en/calendar/

The feature beneath "who's online" (main page bottom) lets you see the members who are celebrating their birthdays that day. If you see your chingu's name here, don't forget to wish them happy birthday!

• Like 4

BTS's 'IDOL' and IU's 'BBIBBI' are also colorful. But i prefer BTS's 'ANSWER' for their deep meaning lyrics. No MV for this:

Trying to love myself more.

• Like 3

Interesting info about the buses. Most of the buses i 've seen were blue and green. Yellow is for school buses in US and dont remember ever seen the red one.

• Like 2

November birthdays!

If your birthday is this month, as a community, we would like to wish you “Happy Birthday” :star:

The gemstones for this month are topaz and citrine so theme for this month is calming and warmth! something we need as the wind gets chilly outside no?

So what would you recommend based on those themes?

drama: @unhelpful recommends '30 Still 17' or 'Your House Helper' while @USAFarmgirl and @angelangie recommend MOO; not the sound the cow makes :P but "My only love" which is still airing. hahahhahahah....

maxresdefault.jpg

kpop: looking for a song to relax?

@lynne22 recommends this song:  Pinnochio by Roy Kim (from Pinnochio OST) for its soft melody and the beautiful lyrics that gives a calming and peaceful effect

Spoiler

@dotonly recommends this song, Knee by IU.. she wrote this song because she got insomnia and thinking about how she used to sleep well on her grandmother's lap. good memories of loved ones makes us feel so warm, no?

Spoiler

cultural trivia: kdramas that air in winter often have an element of snow and ski! how many leads go up the ski slope, get lost, sprain their leg and then need a piggy back ride? hahahahha.... yongpyong ski resort: the oldest and biggest ski resort in korea has often been featured in many popular dramas including winter sonata and goblin. you might recognize it just from the photos!

Yongpyong%20Resort,%20PyeongChang(2).jpg

for more info on yongpyong ski resort: http://skiasia.com/ski-resorts/yongpyong/

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=266890

Curious about anything that you watch in dramas and wonder why -- ask us and we will see if it can be answered in the next month's birthday wishes. If you watch lots of dramas or know a lot of kpop, raise your hand and you can help contribute to recommendations.

To see the list of birthdays by dates, check out: https://forums.soompi.com/en/calendar/

The feature beneath "who's online" (main page bottom) lets you see the members who are celebrating their birthdays that day. If you see your chingu's name here, don't forget to wish them happy birthday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9e7a7ae80b4e.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-8XUBI2qH_GmAa3S7-h3

Happy November Birthdays!!!

How perfect to describe this months birthdays with Calming and Warmth thanks @Lmangla :heart:

There is a beauty to the changing colors of Fall and in being able to see the leaves turn into bursts of red, yellow, orange and brown. Although another year has come and gone this month reminds us to be thankful in it's calming reminders to slow down and enjoy the warmth of soaking up all the many changes in our lives...

Be still...  Be silent... Be thankful...

• Like 4