Quantcast
Maetawinz

[Drama 2018] Where Stars Land / Fox Bride Star ★ 여우각시별

32 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Just dropped by to see if anyone knew why the male member of the OTP was missing at the end.

No rumors here.

I enjoyed the drama.  

Lee jehoon was there though, he was filming the last scene, that's why it's weirder they didn't show his face

Someone also caught the last scene was really lee jehoon

*duplicate twitter post*

16 minutes ago, 11moonstone said:

Lee jehoon was there though, he was filming the last scene, that's why it's weirder they didn't show his face

Someone also caught the last scene was really lee jehoon

*duplicate twitter post*

Hmmm it’s still a mystery why they didn’t show his face. Maybe they wanted to show his face but the duration was up so they need to cut it :joy: or maybe Lee Je Hoon got huge pimple on his face that day :joy: 

But glad to know that it was Lee Soo Yeon and it was Lee Je Hoon who stood there. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, 11moonstone said:

- They couldn't pay him enough to show his face?

- It is LJH's way of protesting the rushed ending?

<_< Sorry, I'm still very sour with the way they wrapped up this otherwise great drama. I don't know who is responsible, but I am going to guess it is SBS decision to cut short the episodes...

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

[Fox Bride Star] FINALE Ep 16 spoilers, Lee Je Hoon x Chae Soo Bin

fox.png

Article: Naver 'Fox Bride Star' Lee Je Hoon x Chae Soo Bin, a heartwarming reunion ending...  

1. [+197,-2]
Lee Je Hoon's acting is really good. I was happy spending my Mondays and Tuesdays with Fox Bride Star :) 

2. [+99,-4]
A fairytale-like pretty drama with a fairytale-like pretty Gakbyeol couple.♡  I could feel Lee Je Hoon's power as an actor. His acting is insane. But what's with the ending? Not showing the male lead's face in the end is the first in history. 

3. [+91,-5]
I'm looking forward to see Lee Soo Yeon, Han Yeo Reum, Oh Dae Gi and Na Young Joo getting an acting daesang. 

4. [+78,-9]
Not like he died while filming. It's my first time seeing a body double for the lead in the end. Are they from the National Police Agency? 
- [+11,-8]
It's not a body double. That's Lee Je Hoon.

5. [+60,-2]
Lee Je Hoon has worked hard. ㅠㅠㅠ Love you, Lee Soo Yeon!!! His acting skills are the best. 

6. [+31,-1]
But... why does it feel like that guy at the end isn't Lee Je Hoon? It's kind of obvious that they used a body double...... And they didn't even show his face. 

7. [+24,-2]
I've enjoyed this drama. Employee Lee Soo Yeon hard carried it!

8. [+22,-0]
I wonder why did they use a body double at the end. I'm so curious to know the reason. Why does the ending feel rushed? And why are the PPLs [t/n: Product Placements] placed at random parts? (I know that it was needed, but it was severe.) 

9. [+20,-0]
It's still my first time seeing a drama filming only the male lead's back. What happened to the team leader and Choi Moo Ja within that 1 year? There are so many things unsolved, but they added so many unnecessary gangster scenes. 

10. [+17,-0]
They didn't show his face at the end. Disappointed. 

bride.png

1. [+1197,-23]
Did they not pay Lee Je Hoon to appear in the drama? Why didn't they show his face at the end?

2. [+709,-21]
Looking at the picture showing the side of his face, it's actor Lee Je Hoon~~ That wasn't a body double, why didn't they show his face?? There are many stories unsolved. What a 
shame to end this way.

3. [+278,-23]
It was a calming and healing Monday-Tuesday drama~ I may get over this drama like the others, but I think I'll remember it as a drama that went downhill in the second half...

4. [+215,-18]
Actor Lee Je Hoon has worked hard. Thank you for your good acting, and I'll keep supporting you in the future too.

5. [+98,-1]
It was doing well, but why didn't they show his face at the end???

6. [+83,-7]
They are only showing his back? Is it real that they used a body double? And they didn't solve the problems that they had created? What's with the President? What is Lee Soo Yeon's hyung doing after that? The female team leader's husband cheated on her, what happened after that? The ending is so bad...

p/s: even knets get mad about the ending :unsure:
cr
  • Like 11

I thought it was obvious or implied it was. Plus her voiceover. 

However from a writing sort of viewpoint it was damn weird. Reminds me of another drama- think it was  one  of the 50 ep ones- where the ending had the female lead looking into the shoe shop. Can't  recall where  the heck the male lead went. But that was the happy ending. Either he saw her or she saw him.

The take home lessson? Koreans apparently don't  do long distance relationships. It doesn't  matter that it is the most wired nation once it is separation  time Kakao talk or chat doesn't  work. And they don't  go online  or  have a mobile number or phone.

And you all have to wait 3 months to 5 years before  you can safely  say the relatironship is OVER!

Either way I enjoyed  the security  couple.  I have rewatched their scenes at least 5 times no subs. That girl was talking in banmal. And ODG was thrilled that NYJ staked her claim  on him. Even  though she was comfortable being alone A YEAR AGO. That guy is ecstatic and you could literally feel him smirking. And she was going  " omg I didn't  just do that."

That's  how good their acting was.  Anyone thought differently? That those  2 won't  end up together? And ODG won't  let NYJ wriggle  out now that she has openly purposely put a 

" claimed by a girl he likes " sign on him?

Going to watch their scenes again. Since I have only 2 other on air  dramas now. And they both don't  interest  me. Even his " so she is giving  out vibes she is with me " or " we have a couple vibe going?" Even his confession  last week was cute. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

However from a writing sort of viewpoint it was damn weird. Reminds me of another drama- think it was  one  of the 50 ep ones- where the ending had the female lead looking into the shoe shop. Can't  recall where  the heck the male lead went. But that was the happy ending. Either he saw her or she saw him.

A similar ending is a female lead looking into a bookstore, somewhere in there was the male lead, also either they saw each other, or they didn't. The male lead happens to be here in FoxBride too.

19 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

The take home lessson? Koreans apparently don't  do long distance relationships. It doesn't  matter that it is the most wired nation once it is separation  time Kakao talk or chat doesn't  work. And they don't  go online  or  have a mobile number or phone.

That is why I wrote just some time ago in another thread, that Korean writers should really think thrice about writing in time-jump into their story... That ancient old trope that worked during snail mail era doesn't work well anymore in today's hi-tech era. I am glad GES sounded it out loud.

I thoroughly enjoyed the security couple too. LOL at her frozen stance when he called out her name to wait for him.

I would want to make a video of all their scenes, except that the last time I tried that for a favorite weekend drama couple many years ago, I met the issues of copyright, and all my videos were deleted from youtube. Somehow they were able to detect copyrighted content. So unless I learn a way around it, I will not even attempt to do it anymore since it took rookie me a long time to put a video together. Yes, I self-taught myself, crash course style, to do it for that favorite couple.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Have you guys checked  out the  viki subs? It is more accurate.  The song lyrics and the voiceover  fits the  ending  scene.

On the other hand the subs for the  security  couple made me swoon some  more.

• Like 8

Perhaps I missed a scene or conversation in the drama, but until the end I didn't know what the relationship between Yang and LSY? How come she was kind to him and understood him whereas other people, even her husband, didn't know anything about LSY in the first place?

• Like 11

2 hours ago, peyutnduy said:

Perhaps I missed a scene or conversation in the drama, but until the end I didn't know what the relationship between Yang and LSY? How come she was kind to him and understood him whereas other people, even her husband, didn't know anything about LSY in the first place?

They're not blood related. Yang is just reminded of her sister's disability similar to LSY. Her sister also wants to be normal despite her disability. Yang didn't had the chance to protect her so she's trying to protect LSY this time. Though, nothing tells us how they met actually. There are just some things left untold.

Anyway, after watching it with subs now, I'm not that discontented anymore like last night. It's still a happy ending. Grateful for that. Thanks everyone! We had a great discussion! :)

• Like 9

clearer evidence

I will miss you all and this thread, it's so sad to see there will be no update anymore in the future :tears: no refreshing page to see an update :tears:

Thank you for your opinion, recap, update, and everything, thank you for accompanying this journey, this is my first active thread after my lastest one was the innocent man, also thanks to CSB who brought me back to kdrama ^_^ I hope the casts or maybe the drama get awards later in the year end!

Thanks @11moonstone 

It's so funny we had to investigate if it's really Lee Je Hoon or a double. At least we have discussions here to confirm. Poor future fans who'll watch this drama, they'll be confused.:lol: 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

I actually had a small hope that watching the finale with sub will make the ending felt less jarring, but nope, watching it with sub, made me felt angrier. Some may feel that I belabor too much about the ending, but I felt that I need to articulate why I felt so cheated by the ending just so that I can get over it. So here goes. 

I know that the drama got cut from 40 eps to 32 eps, but imho it's no excuse for this haphazard ending. 30 but 17 was also got cut by the same number of episodes, but somehow managed to give its viewers a satisfactory ending. The key word here is satisfactory. I have long given up on great ending in kdrama. I have watched probably around 100+ kdrama, but have probably only less than 10 dramas that I felt have perfect endings and none of them are romance dramas, heh. So what I am trying to say is that I have quite a low bar for a drama ending. I dont expect a super perfect ending, but I do want an ending that felt earned and fit the overall tone and message of the drama. 30 and 17 managed to do that despite the cut. Yes, some story thread sort of left by the wayside (e.g. where was RA at the end of the drama?!), but it still managed to give us some sort of a cohesive and satisfying ending. And how did it do that? By focusing on things that are important and the best part of the drama, which is SR and WJ journey to healing. 

Now compare it to this drama. The writer, despite the cut, decided to instead focus on the redemption of IW, a character that most viewers could care less. It's probably fine had it not done in such an inefficient ways (how many scenes do we need of IW snaking around with the head of the mafia?!!) and kept to the minimum, i.e. got it resolved in one or two episodes. Instead this arc got dragged on until the first 25 minutes of the finale. What drove me almost insane, this focus on IW was made at the expense of the main characters' journey. I was hoping for more growth in YR and SY as characters, both in romance and non-romance aspect (e.g. I want to see YR bloom into a competent worker!). But ever since the drama took an "IW-turn", the growth of YR and SY went sort of into a halt, because now the most important thing is the redemption of IW. It's probably forgivable had this story arc told with more finese, but, good Lord, what a sloppy writing!  (e.g. how lame was the resolution? nobody go to jail after that stunt?!!!!) The last 6 episodes of the drama felt schizophrenic and incoherent, one side we have the very human struggle of YR, SY and people in the airport; and on the other we have this power struggle which involves the mafia. The strength of this drama has never been on its plot, but on its depiction of the daily struggle of the characters that populate this universe. The IW-turn practically sucked out almost all of the warmth and contemplative tone of this drama.  

On top of IW's arc, the last scene of the finale felt like a huge slap for me. I have always thought that the drama is about the journey of SY and YR to accept and love themselves for who they are. The last scene practically nullify all this growth because I am not sure that SY has learned his lesson that he is worthy to live and be loved even when he is disabled. He virtually went into an exile and came back once he was "whole" again. So what's the point of all the angst and rumination about self-worth for the past 15 episodes?! If at the end, we are back to square one? Am I the only one who see this as a huge disappointment? I think I wdve been mollified if we're shown that SY indeed has learned his lesson and he wears his wearables for practical purpose instead of because he felt that he has to in order to feel "normal". Which of course we cdnot not get this because IW's arc is more important than showing us this *grumble grumble*. To add insult to the injury, his recovery process was done without YR in the picture! WTH drama?!!! I seriously dont get what message that this writer is trying to convey in the last episode. That YR and SY can work as a couple only if SY wears his wearables? Then why do we have YR practically begged him to live for her without his wearables no matter how difficult it will be? or is this an indictment of the Korean society? that SY can only come back to the country when he no longer need to be on wheelchair? Isnt this all running counter to all the messages that the drama has made so far? What are you trying to say writer?!!!! 

*breathe in, breathe out*

Having said all of this, I am still grateful for this drama for making me fall in love with LJH and CSB. I have always love LJH as a movie actor, but this is the first time that I fell for him as a romantic hero. And CSB has carved a huge presence in my heart with this drama. Their chemistry is almost out of this world. Even as the drama took a frustrating turn, their chemistry remains strong and impactful. There is a sincerity in all of their interaction that everything seems to stop whenever they share their moments. Despite the ending, I would like to remember this drama for it's beautiful romance between these two characters. For that, thank you for bringing these two actors together. I hope sometimes in the future we can have a reunion between LJH and CSB in a better romantic drama, with a better ending please! 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Ending is quite disappointing.  So many loose ends.

1) What happened to YG’s dad? 

2) Was YG adopted?

3) What happened to the hard disk?

4) What happened to the gangster leader? Why was he not arrested?

5) What happened to SIW?  What about his sponsor? Was he arrested???

6) What happened to SIW’s dad?  Did he die?

7) What happened between Yang and Choi in the past?  How is SIW involved?

8) Why didn’t they show SY’s face in the end?

I know why didn’t show SY face in end.  It was because it wasn’t SY that she hugged....it was her dad!   He came back to re-open the fox bride star restaurant... :P

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG0Ki7emL4LYlExd-KZuHtumblr_pgx6hxvFyV1vhk6s1o4_500.gif back to you...

After reading all the latest posts here my mind wonders if it wasn't brilliant in them not showing his face just look at how many people are still talking about it and how unique it actually made the ending... Whether you like or not...

I think it's her reaction and all that we had seen up until that point that makes his face less important...  In a way the writer was allowing us and our faith in them and their love story to carry us through right to the end. 

In believing not with our eyes but instead with our hearts.

The amount of clues they gave us.  Such as the nervous way in which she was rushing around the airport, that over excited feeling of not being able to get to him fast enough.  When she has waited for him what must have felt like a lifetime. Then seeing that familiar hand, back , haircut and even the way in which he stands.  Including a robot that loved to follow him around who seemed to have gotten refurbished and a new improved look too.

The thing we often forget is that love isn't something you can hold or even touch its seen and felt like in the look of her glistening eyes and that soft giggle coming from deep inside as she started to cry.  It was that relief in knowing his face and those shiny shoes and his fingers moving in excitement too.  It was watching her running towards him with a smile that completely covered her face.  How could I have needed a face for no other could have caused such a reaction. 

No other could take his place...

It's those arms wrapped up in each other and his arm all brand new.

it's the knowing he came back to claim her and her promise that she would be waiting.

And it was true...

:heart:

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

back to you...

After reading all the latest posts here my mind wonders if it wasn't brilliant in them not showing his face just look at how many people are still talking about it and how unique it actually made the ending... Whether you like or not...

I think it's her reaction and all that we had seen up until that point that makes his face less important...  In a way the writer was allowing us and our faith in them and their love story to carry us through right to the end. 

In believing not with our eyes but instead with our hearts.

The amount of clues they gave us.  Such as the nervous way in which she was rushing around the airport, that over excited feeling of not being able to get to him fast enough.  When she has waited for him what must have felt like a lifetime. Then seeing that familiar hand, back , haircut and even the way in which he stands.  Including a robot that loved to follow him around who seemed to have gotten refurbished and a new improved look too.

The thing we often forget is that love isn't something you can hold or even touch its seen and felt like in the look of her glistening eyes and that soft giggle coming from deep inside as she started to cry.  It was that relief in knowing his face and those shiny shoes and his fingers moving in excitement too.  It was watching her running towards him with a smile that completely covered her face.  How could I have needed a face for no other could have caused such a reaction. 

No other could take his place...

It's those arms wrapped up in each other and his arm all brand new.

it's the knowing he came back to claim her and her promise that she would be waiting.

And it was true...

:heart:

you are such a fantastic writer :) reading your words somehow makes the ending becomes more beautiful and satisfying, thank you! :wub:

@bajing Thank you for voicing out what has been on my mind since last night. I was too upset to sort out my messy-all-over thoughts, esp. still having some work on hand to finish, but I agree with everything you said! Everything!

I was going to observe a day of silence from this thread, mourning the great loss of this potentially good drama, and come back when I am calmer, but your post called me out of silence to just say I really appreciate your post. 

I still feel sad and not yet able to accept and let go. I am not complaining about the ending, but the general wrap up of the drama. Lots of wasted minutes, like, do we really need to see another (prolonged) fighting scene to prove how strong the bionic arms can make SY? The minutes wasted pulling the car back and forth from falling into the sea? Those precious minutes could have been used for showing the characters healing and growth process!

Frankly, I haven't even been able to bring myself to watch the full episode with subs... but at least I can sleep in peace now that your rant reflected mine too. It felt like I've let my rant out too. Thanks!

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@bajing Thank you for voicing out what has been on my mind since last night. I was too upset to sort out my messy-all-over thoughts, esp. still having some work on hand to finish, but I agree with everything you said! Everything!

I was going to observe a day of silence from this thread, mourning the great loss of this potentially good drama, and come back when I am calmer, but your post called me out of silence to just say I really appreciate your post. 

I still feel sad and not yet able to accept and let go. I am not complaining about the ending, but the general wrap up of the drama. Lots of wasted minutes, like, do we really need to see another (prolonged) fighting scene to prove how strong the bionic arms can make SY? The minutes wasted pulling the car back and forth from falling into the sea? Those precious minutes could have been used for showing the characters healing and growth process!

Frankly, I haven't even been able to bring myself to watch the full episode with subs... but at least I can sleep in peace now that your rant reflected mine too. It felt like I've let my rant out too. Thanks!

Aww, I am glad that my rant help you get over the ending a lil bit. And yes to all the wasted screen time *shake head* and double yes on mourning the great loss of this potentially good drama. It was set to become one of my favorite, until.....it wasnt....

Let's just have a hug of solidarity and move on from this drama. I will miss this thread and all of you. Thank you for everything everyone. Until next (hopefully better) drama!

• Like 9