Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/ The Ghost Detective 오늘의 탐정

18 hours ago, thistle said:

Just started watching.  Although I saw the strangling scene earlier without subs, my impression seeing it with subs is the same.  And this is what I thought:  after DI lets go of Y W, she is watching him intently.  I do Not think this is because she is afraid of what he will do next to her.   Instead she is worried about what the realization of what he has done will do to him.  Her concern and her attention are fully on him.  In spite of how horrifying this scene really is, this gives it a certain beauty, too.  And when DI attacks the detective, it is not to hurt him but to stop DI himself from harming  Y W.  Just as her focus is on him, his struggle to control himself is all about her.  This is also a beautiful expression of feeling.

Somehow they do this with very little dialogue and no explanation is needed.  Fantastic.  Truly.

100% agree with everything you said. Every word of it. Have to give it up for Daniel & Eun Bin for doing such a superb acting. The emotions that they let out, the cinematography, the way Daniel & Eun Bin captured their characters' feelings and delivered it perfectly, so the viewers can feel what the characters' feeling, it's beyond excellence. It's been a while since i'm emotionally attached with a drama, and this one will be the hardest one to get over with when it's finally ended.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Totally agree with you guys... @thistle & @kaedechan ...

Daniel isn't like other K-actors... He acts with his eyes.!! :wub: His eyes tell everything that he wants to tell..!! He speaks with his eyes... He doesn't want words to speak...! And that's the biggest reason why I am addicted to him this much..!! :heart: It's a very rare talent... And when I see him, he reminds me of the Indian superstar Shahrukh Khan/SRK...! And SRK also speaks with his eyes.not with his words! No other Indian actor can do that..!! (Just try to watch his Indian film - Veer Zaara!!!) And Daniel is like the young SRK!! (hence SRK is 53) :love: Just believe me guys, I totally see the young SRK in Daniel now... :open_mouth::heart:

U like Shakrukh Khan @gm4queen?? He is like a legend at my country. He so handsome and really he also use his eyes to express everything!! :smile:

I just really finished with ep21-22, seriously makes m frustrated rite.... YW tears and Da II tears.... OMG~~~~ Writer-nim, PD-nim, please put your mercy to our OTP.... They been hurt from early beginning until now... cant you just mercy on them?  My heart cant take it when they both crying.. helpless... Noooo~~~~ 

So back to 5 years agoDa II case, Attorney Beak purposely lose it? Coz order from the "big boss"? And Kang Eun-jung really helping Scooby team now?? 

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

Did anyone notice that Da Il handcuffed his left hand, "the hand he choked her"... He just punished himself for hurting her..!! :bawling:

And his desperate eyes are haunting in my mind... :cold_sweat: Now, how can I wait for the next week..?! WEDNESDAY, COME QUICKLY!! :wub: I really don't know what to do when this series ends...!! :huh:

About the left hand, did u guys notice that when Da II turn to evil, he use left hand and when he save ppl is right hand.... Like there is poster that after he came out from mud, his right hand holding his left arm... izzit coincident? or also I think too much?  

A big big applause to Choi Daniel and Park Eun Bin.. Seriously both of them are spectacular. They did a tremendous job in TGD! Seriously KBS, is time to give them award and also our lovely Kim Won-Hae too! This drama, TGD team, you got my respect! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Why SWH have some bruises? And according to the preview, seems like her body become smell bad? Why? 

is CW suggest to kill YW because she's knowbthat SWH after YW's body?

• Like 5

Couldn't agree more with you @Heidi Seow dear...

This time, I am ultimately disappointed about the South Korean audience...! They really don't know how to appreciate great things :rage: Just depressing... But the international fame for "The Ghost Detective" is increasing :blush:So I am very HAPPY..!!

And Daniel & Eun Bin :heart: These two are a lot more than their age.. Their chemistry is electrifying :love: No words to describe.. Hats off to you guys..!! My respect for Daniel is increasing rapidly now.. And Eun Bin is great too.. They two deserve lots of awards, specially Daniel for his splendid performance :innocent::glasses:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, chuscho said:

Why SWH have some bruises? And according to the preview, seems like her body become smell bad? Why? 

I think her body become damaged, maybe it's the price for doing evil things or because her long comatose makes her body weak/damaged, that's my guess ..

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, chuscho said:

Could it be SWH's body is resist SWH?? It might happen.. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, thistle said:

Or maybe she killed the body she is inhabiting?  Like she could be a zombie?

That's y she need YW's body.. Like the caretaker said YW body is a prefect match for SWH but SWH didnt listen to him. 

Edited : YW copy Da II's words when she ask Kang Eun-jung behave just like when Da II said to YW on 1st episode.. :joy: So YW soon to become Mrs. Lee? :joy:

Edited by Heidi Seow
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, chuscho said:

8 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

I think her body become damaged, maybe it's the price for doing evil things or because her long comatose makes her body weak/damaged, that's my guess ..

I think her body is rotting away slowly. That's why she remembered her caretaker's words about finding a new body because this won't last long. If you think about, there's no way her body would be able to function after years of being in a coma. She was stabbed by DI and her own mom, so she sustained a lot of damage and her body is being controlled by SWH's angry spirit, but it won't last long like this. So now she'll need YW's body to survive and that's where the talk about killing YW if she gets possessed by SWH came from. The writer sure likes to torture DI and YW's characters, that's so cruel. :cry: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, nateko said:

I think her body is rotting away slowly. That's why she remembered her caretaker's words about finding a new body because this won't last long. If you think about, there's no way her body would be able to function after years of being in a come. She was stabbed by DI and her mom, so her body is being controlled by SWH's angry spirit, but it won't last long like this. So now she'll need YW's body to survive and that's where the talk about killing YW if she gets possessed by SWH came from. The writer sure likes to torture DI and YW's characters, that's so cruel. :cry: 

Yeah if that happens, its too cruel for both of them.. This is already enough to hurt them, just dont hurt our OTP again authir nin, PD ni...

• Like 7

I think both of your theory @thistle and @Heidi Seow is very possible, maybe the evil within her started to consume her "host" and needed a stronger body ? That could explain why she can still control other people when she's human now, it's not her doing, but the evil spirit?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

I think both of your theory @thistle and @Heidi Seow is very possible, maybe the evil within her started to consume her "host" and needed a stronger body ? That could explain why she can still control other people when she's human now, it's not her doing, but the evil spirit?

That might explain well if is evil spirit who did everything... :cold_sweat: But it will become "supernatural" case not TGD's plan anymore.. I don't know.. :frown:

• Like 4

you are the one my heart called mine

where you are, I am there

now, my life without you is a punishment

let us meet, just like two waves do

then never be apart

yes, this is our promise

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

43788770_2073495939628608_75210979556594

• Like 8

12 hours ago, gm4queen said:

you are the one my heart called mine

where you are, I am there

now, my life without you is a punishment

let us meet, just like two waves do

then never be apart

yes, this is our promise

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Is that a lyrics or something?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, chuscho said:

Is that a lyrics or something?

Yes dear... It's an english translation of a certain song that I love :love:

And I think it perfectly matches for them... She's already punishing for falling in love with a ghost & he's already punishing for breaking the ghost rules....! :unsure:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, chuscho said:

Noooo , wait a moment okay she can  die  in her own no more need for yr  or da-Il to kill her 

I am really scared  of where this going to go , she never will stop in her own, If people fail in her test they die or suffer losing people they love, and if they prove they not fake and choice to save their love one they will also die .

There no stop  to her game she started it to prove that all feeling are all fake there  no true one . But she always running from any other proof since that mean she was wrong,  human are worthy she the only monster here .

3 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Yes dear... It's an english translation of a certain song that I love :love:

And I think it perfectly matches for them... She's already punishing for falling in love with a ghost & he's already punishing for breaking the ghost rules....! :unsure:

Yeh I like this too , a nice choice for single and lyrics 

15 hours ago, Heidi Seow said:
15 hours ago, kaedechan said:

That might explain well if is evil spirit who did everything... :cold_sweat: But it will become "supernatural" case not TGD's plan anymore.. I don't know..

That maybe the case , human body not fitting for evil soul it need so much energy and  it move behind the normal body power , and it use a over mind power too , I think there a reason  why the man in tunnel  was trapped  there ?? He was like shw  so powerful  but after that it seems he can't leave  that tunnel even when he really angry and wanted too, maybe at some point the body start to fall apart the evil spirt  can't go outside since it was locked  in the body after staping  it before, and the only way to not being destroyed it to use your power less and to not go to real world  ( like the tunnel  is a place that have energy  to keep the body  safe ).

Shw  not stopping using her power and overusing it after she go to her body maybe  be the end of her, she even killed the only logic  voice she had to advise  her and now she going without any limited  or plan moved by fear and hate to destroy  what she failed to do before ( no losing games) 

• Like 4

Just wondering around...

• In early eps, he male nurse knew that our scooby team is visiting him & SWH at the hospital. And now, SWH's mom knew that our scooby team is visiting her looking for Da Il'd body. And Kim Gyeol is no less than them.. So what is this..?! The people related to SWH can predict the future, so they can avoid our heroes..?! :o
  • And even now, SWH can control people's mind. Not ordinary people gain mental power when they are angry, but SWH has the mental power to control others. So it's definitely the evil spirit in action.. What made SWH to release her spirit while in the coma..? And what made that spirit to become an evil one..?! Now, I recall the fisherman story.. Is this really the evil spirit released from the plot.?!! :o
  • Finally, looks like SWH's body is fighting against the evil spirit.. Now they want Yeo Wool to receive the evil spirit.. Then I think that why she wants to keep that evil spirit alive..? there should be a main reason for the existence of the evil spirit. is it Da Il or Yeo Wool or something that we don't even think of..?! :(
  • And the mission of our heroes is to destroy the evil spirit.. Then when it's done, can't everything go back to normal by themselves..?! :blink: Yeah... just a dream -_-

just tell me whether I am wrong here..

• Like 5

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Just wondering around...

• In early eps, he male nurse knew that our scooby team is visiting him & SWH at the hospital. And now, SWH's mom knew that our scooby team is visiting her looking for Da Il'd body. And Kim Gyeol is no less than them.. So what is this..?! The people related to SWH can predict the future, so they can avoid our heroes..?! :o

Yes that bother me too I think we need to wait to find more  information, with the helper I thought that it was shw  she did tell him they searching for her and maybe will be close to find her so he move her body that was logic  since she was watching them back than 

But with the mom there no logic  how she know  or that she maybe has super power , as some said maybe it was just that she worried  that the helper didn't connect  her, or she know that someone ask about her around on human way , I will wait for next week to understand  that 

And even now, SWH can control people's mind. Not ordinary people gain mental power when they are angry, but SWH has the mental power to control others. So it's definitely the evil spirit in action.. What made SWH to release her spirit while in the coma..? And what made that spirit to become an evil one..?! Now, I recall the fisherman story.. Is this really the evil spirit released from the plot.?!! :o

She has evil power from so long 

It not evil soul that control her it her soul become evil, she maybe start like da-Il breaking human rules to gain power to touch things and talk and show up in front of human that has a price; her soul has is destroyed  since she also use that power to harm people and kill them, not for anything good from the start.

Look at da-Il  he using his power to save human and not harming anyone  but even so the price of breaking the rules  he become  evil  himself 

Shw  was evil as child too she maybe was victim but  she make the sin of killing other and killing herself  as human too, she has no feeling for other and used her ghost new power to revenge on people , so I think  it not cause some other evil spirt controlling her it his her own .

So it not like she killing cause the evil control her and she has no choice like da-Il now , she choice to be evil and that why she has more control on her evil power, I don't think it will be that she can be free from evil spirt that control her  as ending she herself , her own soul an evil one.

Hope going the moment she kill the helper , some here have hope the mother but as I said I know it ending with the helper and she killed her mother , I don't think I am going now to believe  in another evil  spirt  released like before, that was the helper hope on her that she not evil she a victim  but evil controlling her; but he said it himself in the end she just a monster  from the start 

Da-il  and yw said that too not just cause you was wronged and angry you start killing people as soon as you trun  to a ghost it the person natural 

• Finally, looks like SWH's body is fighting against the evil spirit.. Now they want Yeo Wool to receive the evil spirit.. Then I think that why she wants to keep that evil spirit alive..? there should be a main reason for the existence of the evil spirit. is it Da Il or Yeo Wool or something that we don't even think of..?! :(
  • And the mission of our heroes is to destroy the evil spirit.. Then when it's done, can't everything go back to normal by themselves..?! :blink: Yeah... just a dream -_-

just tell me whether I am wrong here..

sorry  i love your way of seeing it too, but in my eyes as I write above I think it just that the body  can't accept the using òf the power like any human body ; even if it not evil spirit  she using spirit power in human body that has price 

And her body was already in bad stage  after the coma most of her body not working it the evil power that make  it move but  it has limit 

And even as she was in coma the body start to refuse her since she not human spirt anyway; the more you use and break human rules the human world refuse  you 

It will be the same for da-il  if he don't back soon to his body even if he not full evil yet 

And I am scared  that she going to use yw  body now since she has no choice, just moment  no crazy ending like yw killing  herself  with shw  in her body to stop her :hushed::skull:

• Like 3

Just thinking:  the final episode will air October 31.  Halloween.  That's appropriate!.....and sad.  Really sad.  In spite of the hard time our Scooby team is having, I don't want the show to end so soon.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

44 minutes ago, thistle said:

Just thinking:  the final episode will air October 31.  Halloween.  That's appropriate!.....and sad.  Really sad.  In spite of the hard time our Scooby team is having, I don't want the show to end so soon.

Yes, some more is on my birthday! Actually the next drama Happy if you died will be release on 7th November. Which is mean izzit anything happen on 1st November (Thursday)? TGD special? I will love too!!! *try not to give myself high hope. 

• Like 3