Quantcast

Thank you as always @stroppyse.  As for this leg there are certain parts that I was stuck and showed that I really don't know that much yet about KDrama / KMovie / the actor/actress themselves.   :lol:   So in a way, we got to know their previous, current and future work.  However, I believe RL activities will still not permit me to be an expert in this but for now I'm enjoying it as much as I can.

• Like 2

*ducking in case kokodus reads this and gets irate at me about what I'm about to say about one of her oppa's dramas"

Hahaha. I just saw this. LOL. Ok tbh, LotBS is my least favorite drama of oppa. Sighh. It didn't live up to any of my expectations. Given the star studded cast and the writers, I was expecting more. tsk. But I still loved Oppa in it. :wub:

• Haha 3

Leg 4 Clues, answers, and explanations

Moderator clue: “Through it all, she offers me protection. A lot of love and affection..."

Spoiler

Another song lyric clue. Lyrics to the song "Angels" by Robbie Williams, and referring to @angelangie of course. Not to mention, I also feel as if the lyrics refer to Angelangie herself. As a Global Moderator, along with LyraYoo, I do rather feel as if they look out for the rest of us. :D 

Angelangie was kind enough to change her DP to the OTP from Healer.

On Healer thread, Clue 1: Let me show you what real hacking is! Ajumma style!
Unfortunately, my son had a son with a girl who was orphaned penniless because I stole her dad’s money. I have to go ruin everyone involved!

Spoiler

The first line clearly identifies which character from Healer is involved in the next clue. It's that Ajumma Hacker par excellence Kim Mi Kyung. The second line of the clue refers to the drama that held the next clue.  Unfortunately, KMK has been so prolific that it turned out that some of her bios didn't even list all of the projects that she's done which is what led to the extra hints to try to help narrow it down.

Anyway, that second line referred to the main plot line of a daily drama called Person Who Gives Happiness. I realize that there is an audience for daily dramas that is a bit different than the audience for the shorter mini-dramas, however, PWGH is also memorable for having been Son Seung Won's first leading male role, and so there had been a lot of interest and mentions of PWGH in a number of threads in the drama forums.

On Person Who Gives Happiness thread, Clue 2: I’m sweet and manly now,
But you should see me in hallway luging!

Spoiler

Having found the PWGH drama, the first part of this clue should hopefully have helped identify Son Seung Won as the subject. He has a noona romance with Lee Yoon Ji in PWGH where he is just stalwart and sweet and manly and lovely. The second line refers to his role in Eulachacha Waikiki. SSW plays a bit of a naive lad in EW, and while I didn't watch it all because it was on during the Olympics which took up a lot of viewing time, I did watch the episode where EW gives an Olympic homage by having SSW and Lee Yi Kyung's character go "luging" in the hallways of the guesthouse. It's just one of a number of scenes in EW that cracked me up.

On Eulachacha Waikiki thread, Clue 3: 2 seasons, and I still don’t get the girl.
Well, maybe later.

Spoiler

Still with Son Seung Won, and he also was one of the leads for Age of Youth and Age of Youth 2. At the end of AoY2, one of the points that disgruntled a lot of posters seemed to be that SSW and Park Eun Bin never got together despite showing loads of chemistry in both seasons together, and it becoming more and more apparent that SSW's character really had fallen in love with PEB's character. The "maybe later" line refers to the fact that there was a bit of an epilogue that hinted that their characters do end up married and with a child, despite having it also be a rather dark ending for them.

So, that should have been the key to check Age of Youth and Age of Youth 2, though Age of Youth 2 should have seemed the more likely one since it was specifically mentioned that there was 2 seasons of it.

On Age of Youth 2 thread, Clue 4: Between Sung Min and Sung Min,

There was Sung Joon. 

Spoiler

Im Sung Min was the name of the character played by Son Seung Won in AoY and AoY2. Given that his character is mentioned twice, I had thought that people would look for a project that was done between AofY and AoY2 for either SSW or for one of the other characters who had been in AoY and AoY2. SSW doesn't play any characters named Sung Joon. I had thought SSW's leading lady Park Eun Bin would have been the natural choice for participants to check next, especially given that the previous clue had even talked about SSW not getting the girl played by Park Eun Bin.

Park Eun Bin, in between doing AoY and AoY2, did one project, a weekend drama called Father, I'll Take Care of You. In it she's paired up with a character named Han Sung Joon played by Lee Tae Hwan. So, between being the leading lady for Im Sung Min in AoY and AoY2, she was the leading lady for Han Sung Joon.

I really didn't expect this clue to prove as problematic as it seems to have for a number of people. :)

On Father, I'll Take Care of You thread, Clue 5: Being the second lead is a familiar world,

unlike the other world which stops when the lead steps out.

Spoiler

The previous clue had specifically mentioned Sung Joon by name. So, in this thread, it continues to talk about Sung Joon, or rather, the actor who plays him, Lee Tae Hwan. LTH has been careful about not taking on a lead as yet, and I think he's been good and careful about managing his roles and not being thrust into something before he is truly ready for it. But, it also means that LTH has played second lead numerous times now, so that is something that he is very familiar with.

The second line of the clue refers to a drama that he's in, but without being the second lead. In W, when the lead played by Lee Jong Seok steps out of the manhwa world, the manhwa world where LTH's character lives literally stops completely.

But, rather than going to the drama W thread, the additional twist is the mention of the lead of W. So, hopefully, people would check the actor thread for the lead of W, i.e. Lee Jong Seok.

Also, given that this was the final leg, there was one extra clue put in, so that one had to look for Clue 6.

On Lee Jong Seok thread, Clue 6: Congrats on finishing the Amazing Hunt!

I thought it was kind of appropriate to finish on the thread of one of my favorite actors, even if I haven't been a fan of all of his projects. :)

One other thing, in terms of the page schemas...

For leg 1, it was a straight clue 1-pg 1, clue 2- pg 2, clue 3-pg 3, clue4-pg 4, clue 5-pg 5.

For leg 2, everything incremented by 1, so clue 1- pg 2, clue 2- pg 3, clue 3- pg 4, clue 4 - pg 5, clue 5 -pg 6.

For leg 3, everything incremented by 1 more, so clue 1- pg 3, clue 2- pg4, clue 3- pg 5, clue 4- pg 6, clue 5 - pg 7

For leg 4, since it was the final leg, I changed it up a bit to go in reverse order with a bit of a wraparound, so clue 1- pg 4, clue 2- pg 3, clue 3- pg 2, clue 4- pg 1, clue 5 - pg 2, clue 6- pg 3.

To everyone who also figured out the page schema, congrats! Since the clues were still within the first 10 pages of each thread, I didn't think it would be a big deal for anyone, but it was extra bit of fun for those of you who are into puzzles. :)

So, that was the whole game. Thanks to all for playing!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

"Angelangie was kind enough to change her DP to the OTP from Healer"

I KNEW IT!!! I knew something was fishy when she suddenly changed her dp. Because as far and as long as I know she has had the same dp. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/10/2018 at 10:34 AM, kokodus said:

"Angelangie was kind enough to change her DP to the OTP from Healer"

I KNEW IT!!! I knew something was fishy when she suddenly changed her dp. Because as far and as long as I know she has had the same dp. LOL. 

lols.....yea i always use the same DP :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/13/2018 at 12:52 PM, angelangie said:

lols.....yea i always use the same DP :P 

Because the hunt are finish now, why you still use the recent DP?

Edit: I just saw your fav DP were back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2