Quantcast
0ly40

[Upcoming Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별 - Seo In Guk, Jung So Min - Wed & Thu 21:30 KST - Premiers on September 26th

TVN Drama

The Smile has left your eyes

(Hundred Million Stars From the Sky)

The-Smile-Has-Left-Your-Eyes-SR.jpg

Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

Network: TVN

Episodes:

Genre: Romance, mystery

Release Date: September/october, 2018 --

Runtime: Wed & Thu 21:30

Director: Yoo Je Won

Synopsis

A detective thinks about quitting his job. He takes on a female university student murder case that was disguised as a suicide. The detective becomes obsessed with solving the case. He has a young sister and she meets a man. The man does not remember when he was little. He is not a good person, but she has sympathy for him. The detective tries to push the man away from his younger sister. The detective suspects that the man is somehow involved in the female university student murder case. The man and the detective's younger sister fall in love.

This drama will replace "Familiar Wife."

Cast

Seo In-Guk - Kim Moo-Young

Jung So-Min - Yoo Jin-Kang

Park Sung-Woong - Yoo Jin-Kook

Seo Eun-Su - Baek Seung-A

Do Sang-Woo - Jang Woo-Sang

Jang Young-Nam - Tak So-Jung

Choi Byung-Mo - Lee Kyung-Cheol

Go Min-Si - Im Yoo-Ri

Hong Bin - No Hee-Joon

source: asianwiki

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 5

Any news about who the writer is? 

Thank you @0ly40 for opening this thread. Looking forward for this.

• Like 3

Gukkie! Well, it's been 4 years since  his dark psychological mystery drama Hell Monster/ I Remember You.  Which was briliant drama  (except rushed ending)I'm happy to see him back in a very dark drama. I hope  this Korean version will be just as dark as the original one. He will take the Kimura Takuya it's one of my favorite  and one of the best Kimutaku dorama!  I like Jung So Min. I hope she accepts this one too.

This needs to be well executed well written remain true to how it was with the original which was really dark one. Of course, tvN my tone it down but of course it still has to have that kdrama psycho mystery.

• Like 4

They had me at Seo In Guk. I read about the original version and whoa. Not sure how Korean audiences will react but here's hoping they can get a good writer to adapt it.

• Like 4

Wasn't there a drama a while back called a million stars fell from the sky now a hundred million ?  With SIG it would be nothing like the original.. That was more of a romance story

Jung So Min Confirmed To Join Seo In Guk In Remake Of Hit Japanese Drama

Jung-So-Min-Seo-In-Guk.jpg

Jung So Min and Seo In Guk will be meeting for a new drama!

Last month, it was confirmed that Seo In Guk will be making his drama comeback with “100 Million Stars Falling from the Sky” (literal title).

On June 11, tvN revealed, “In addition to Seo In Guk, Jung So Min has been confirmed as the female lead of ‘100 Million Stars Falling from the Sky.'”

The drama is a remake of the 2002 Japanese drama of the same name, commonly known by its romaji title “Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi.”

Jung So Min will take on the role of advertisement designer Yoo Jin Kang, who lost her parents at a young age but is cared for and loved by her older brother. When she meets Kim Moo Young (Seo In Guk), her life begins to go through drastic changes. The drama follows their lives as they find themselves connected to each other by strange fate.

The drama will be directed by Yoo Jae Won, who previously led tvN hits like “King of High School” and “Oh My Ghostess.” The script is by Song Hye Jin, who has written “My Sweet City” and films like “My Mother the Mermaid” and “My Wife Got Married.”

“100 Million Stars Falling from the Sky” is set to air in the second half of the year via tvN.

src : https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/10/jung-so-min-confirmed-join-seo-in-guk-remake-hit-japanese-drama/

According to this news, it seems Park Sung Wong in discussion for the role as a detective and the brother of Jung So Min character. 

http://v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/20180611120946941

• Like 4

Thanks for the news!  I'm happy with the casting. Now's who's going to play the older brother cop. Hah!  Park Sung Wong. He was my first choice actually! Please say yes! he's currently in the drama Life on Mars.  Ever since they announced this  remake, version.  I always had him  in mind since I saw him Remember drama.  Him or Kim Tae Woo.

• Like 1

A Hundred Million Stars Falling From the Sky remake confirms Seo In-gook, Jung So-min

jungsomin-103.jpg

The main cast is officially confirmed for tvN’s upcoming drama A Hundred Million Stars Falling From the Sky, a remake of the hit Japanese drama from 2002 starring Kimura Takyua and bearing the same name. (Sort of. Many translations call it A Million Stars Falling From the Sky, but technically, the title gives us a hundred million stars. In case you were counting.) The cast will be led by Seo In-gook (Shopping King Louis) and Jung So-min (Because This Life Is Our First), with Park Sung-woong (Life on Mars, Man to Man) currently in talks to join them.

The drama was announced over a year ago, and recently name-dropped Seo In-gook and Jung So-min as casting possibilities. Park Sung-woong is the newest name to join the mix of this project helmed by director Yoo Je-won of rollicking rom-com dramas Oh My Ghostess and High School King of Savvy, and written by Song Hye-jin of the movies My Wife Got Married and Love, Lies.

The original series was a mystery-thriller-romance drama that kicks off with a suspicious death and a police detective suspecting that our main character, a mysterious sous chef, knows more than he lets on. In this updated remake, Seo In-gook’s character is the main assistant in a craft brewery who seems indifferent on the surface but has an unexpected innocent side. Which is exactly how I would describe Seo In-gook’s personal appeal, so that casting seems spot-on.

more : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/06/a-hundred-million-stars-falling-from-the-sky-remake-confirms-seo-in-gook-jung-so-min/

• Like 2

Is it official? Park Sung Woong accepted the role?  I've been waiting fo  for this drama and  casting updates since last year when I learned of a version is going to be done by tvN. I've watch almost all Kimura Takuya doramas, this one of of his best. I want to see how this version will be like. This will be my anticipated drama for the second half.

• Like 1

this was one of THE BEST jdorama i ever binged and no matter how dark (and the way it ends). i know that this will be another hit, producing crew and quality and cast is all i think it's gonna take.

Spoiler

i don't know how ppl would react to this (esp with such ending) but so far i knew that most ppl found it oddly satisfying. watched my mister back then and it also didn't have that mainstream "happy ending" if you know what i mean, but ppl still found it satisfying in some ways. 

at first i thought SIG wouldn't suit ryo character (he's not as dark) actually my wild thought that ryo resembled Kangnam, lol. i'm excited to see more cast as this won't have that much of antagonist, but still i hope they'll do a good job on this! 

• Like 2

Based on this article, this drama would be aired in the next fall. Slot Wed-Thurs after Knowing Wife (Ji Sung).

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/06/seo-in-guk-jung-so-min-confirmed-for-tvn-remake-of-one-hundred-million-stars-from-the-sky-this-fall

On 6/13/2018 at 9:03 PM, AyuW said:

this was one of THE BEST jdorama i ever binged and no matter how dark (and the way it ends). i know that this will be another hit, producing crew and quality and cast is all i think it's gonna take.

Reveal hidden contents

i don't know how ppl would react to this (esp with such ending) but so far i knew that most ppl found it oddly satisfying. watched my mister back then and it also didn't have that mainstream "happy ending" if you know what i mean, but ppl still found it satisfying in some ways. 

at first i thought SIG wouldn't suit ryo character (he's not as dark) actually my wild thought that ryo resembled Kangnam, lol. i'm excited to see more cast as this won't have that much of antagonist, but still i hope they'll do a good job on this! 

my first thought of Ryo was Won Bin. Somehow he resembles with KimuTaku in some ways. Aura, maybe. :)

I hope this won't take Japanese ending. A bit different is okay. I just can't. too depressing. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, phi3nk said:

my first thought of Ryo was Won Bin. Somehow he resembles with KimuTaku in some ways. Aura, maybe. :)

I hope this won't take Japanese ending. A bit different is okay. I just can't. too depressing. 

@phi3nk Yeah same here was thinking Won Bin as he's got that Ryo aura but know how he hasn't starred in any more or drama. I wanted Kim Jae Wook.. but it's okay. SIG proved his acting mettle with  I Remember You/ Hello Monster. I'm not worried. As a KimuTaku phile... we want this drama to be as good as the original even though it's very dark and depressing.

• Like 1

@phi3nk yes, the japanese version of the drama is so freakin dark i gotta accept that i didn't see it coming for it to get an adaptation, and for a drama moreover. i personally think that level of darkness is more suitable for a movie.

i agree that the ending is one of a kind but for me, well say i'm weird but i found it quite satisfying. because i think.. how else could it be. japanese dramas are the best when it comes to plot twist, extraordinary and realistic story line, and they never hesitate for sad endings. i vote for more japanese - korean drama remakes because actually, these whole rich man poor woman things is already too mainstream. we see that a lot already!

• Like 4

Yassss I am waiting for this Drama.....I ask people that have watched the Japanese Version not to make spoilers ..please, please, dont do it.  I know they will do a good job. They are Very very good actors, i love the cast and i am so happy   yellow-hair-girl-emoticon-11.gif?1301940164

@0ly40 Thanks for this Thread. 

• Like 3

The last this girl from My Golden Life. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, camichi said:

The last this girl from My Golden Life. 

I've never seen Seo Eun Soo. A bit unfamiliar to me. 80+ The little white rabbit emoji gifs rabbit emoticons

@jongski Happy to read finally ahjussi Park Sung Woong joined here. He did a cameo in squad 38 and then they will act together here. More screen time. More bromance. 80+ The little white rabbit emoji gifs rabbit emoticons

• Like 2