Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

7 hours ago, Mymindisblank said:

1 thing I didn't understand about the last episode was who called JG was it the Secretary of seran? 

I think that was MY's coworker from arts brewery and childhood friend No Hee-joon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m at a loss for words. I told myself not to watch ep 15 until ep 16 gets released but dang I couldn’t help it. I just had to spoil myself. :bawling: 

Out of all the tragic endings I’ve seen, TSHLYE’s finale has to be the most satisfying yet. The last part was tragically beautiful and was magnificently executed. I held my breath when MY kept clutching JK’s hands when she was shot and cried like a baby when they died looking through each others eyes. You can definitely feel how much they really loved each other.

TSHLYE is the best drama of 2018 so far and is the most beautiful tragic love story in my list. I couldn’t see any other actors portraying JK and MY and even manager Yoo! My heart broke into pieces when he saw JK and MY’s cold body lying on the ground. Words can never express how much that scene affected me.

Props to SIG, JSM and PSW’s superb acting! They all deserve an award for portraying their characters remarkably. This, by far, is SIG and JSM’s best performance and drama. We need to sign them up for more melos!

I’ve seen a lot of comments of knetz and international fans wanting JSM and SIG to act together in another drama (preferably a rom-com with a touch of melo AND A HAPPY ENDING). I just hope the drama gods will heed to our request! Their chemistry is really off the charts - a feat quite rare for most pairings. Some actors were only paired because of their popularity but meh in terms of chemistry. It will be really hard for some pairings to attain JSM and SIG’s level.

I’d like to thank everyone in this thread especially your thoughts and theories regarding this drama. I really enjoyed this one helluva ride of emotions. I will miss you all!!!

I REALLY HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL IN ANOTHER JSM AND SIG ROM-COM DRAMA THREAD. May we all have our share of JK and MY’s happy ending in another universe. 

• Like 12

I’ve been listening to Lost by Ahn Ji Yeon since the morning and I can’t stop my tears from pouring out.

I agree with @alivingparadox24 that it’s going to be hard to beat this level of chemistry that SIG and JSM had. Not a single moment felt awkward between them, every touch and every look was infused with the electrifying chemistry.  Even if I have to wait another decade, please let them do another project together, Drama Gods!

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, aisling said:

Even if I have to wait another decade, please let them do another project together, Drama Gods!

A decade is too long for me to bear :bawling: I want a reunion drama ASAP! :D (KimuTaku and Fukatsu Eri reunited 7 years after Sora Kara tho :()

• Like 7

3 hours ago, alivingparadox24 said:

I’ve seen a lot of comments of knetz and international fans wanting JSM and SIG to act together in another drama (preferably a rom-com with a touch of melo AND A HAPPY ENDING). I just hope the drama gods will heed to our request! Their chemistry is really off the charts - a feat quite rare for most pairings. Some actors were only paired because of their popularity but meh in terms of chemistry. It will be really hard for some pairings to attain JSM and SIG’s level. 

They definitely raised the bar.  They were brilliant in it. Every scene with these two it seemed like I was watching an acting class. This drama has expressed excellent quality on so many levels.

For them to work together we have to wait for sure but it’s not that impossible and maybe it won’t take that long.

A lot of actors were paired again, recently the seconds leads from Goblin after only two years.

I want to add another thing: the raitings increased for the final episodes (4%), I know it doesn’t matter anymore but I wanted to let you know.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I had to work all day coz of all the unfinished papers that piled up the past few weeks coz ive been sidelined by my anxiety over TSHLYE.

I'm having separation anxiety already and I'm now about to watch my favorite scenes over and over again. Thank God it's Friday!

3 hours ago, alivingparadox24 said:

A decade is too long for me to bear :bawling: I want a reunion drama ASAP! :D (KimuTaku and Fukatsu Eri reunited 7 years after Sora Kara tho :()

How could I wait 7 years if a month seems like forever! Missing my MooKang so badly already!

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

I hope they’re at the better place now... between the stars where they can love each other freely... farewell, my dear OTP. :tears:

60545FA7-B3A0-4376-935A-5216DE3D3368.gif

07DE5FD7-7266-4A53-AC00-B2DF0746E959.gif

F562E652-858E-436D-BA6E-8FC92B07550A.gif

• Like 5
  • Sad 6

Is it morbid that I keep rewatching the last scene where they're inside the house over and over and over again? It's like I'm a masochist wanting to torture myself, but I can't help it....it was the very last time MooKang had an honest conversation with each other and the music was so beautiful as it played over them as they left this world...and then Jin-gook runs in and bawls and bawls and I swear that was exactly my reaction when I first saw the scene but I just couldn't wail as loudly or else my neighbors would've really thought someone died in my own house, ha. 

I feel so bad for Jin-gook though. He did everything he could to atone for his sins and had a pretty good darn life with JK before MY showed up. And as they say, sometimes it's worse to be the last one still living and see everyone you love pass before you....Poor Manager Jin-gook :(

Usually, if I really root for a couple in a drama, I ship them in real life too, but this case has been the exception, Moo-young and Jin-kang seemed so real to me that I couldn't help but just hope that in their own little world, they will be together. They were adult, thirty year old characters, but in my eyes (& thanks to both actors having very youthful physical features), they seemed to still just be lost children who needed each other to give them the love and care that their parents neglected to do so. With each other, they could relive their past and have a better future. But sadly, even that was stripped from them...

Here's one of my favorite shots as I find it adorable the way JK likes to hold MY's fingers like that as I think that's how she first held JG's hands out of habit when she was a kid. And I wonder what MY was teasing her about?:

uOJxTry.jpg

Btw, the last released OST, "Moonlight," is actually a wonderful song, and it's a pity they only played it once during a 30 second preview! Go listen to it guys!

Since I can't seem to let go of this drama, I'll probably be the lone person continuing to post on here and have conversations with myself! Lol.

For now, I'll leave y'all with my second favorite shot as I'll always imagine MooKang roaming their neighborhood together hand in hand:

jvhryFj.jpg

• Like 7
  • Sad 5

I haven't posted in these forums for years, but after a show like that I'll come out of hiding -_-

Where do I start? That was mind-blowing, captivating, depressing yet still so beautiful. What a way to finish things, both Moo-young and Jin-kang die painfully but they die together and they love each other. I liked the honest conversation they had although I thought the reason he broke up with her was because he thought they were siblings, rather than JinGook killing his dad? :huh:

I think most of us expected a sad ending, that's been the overall tone and feel of the drama. We were all guessing whether or not they would be siblings but we forgot to ask for a less sad ending lol. I felt that there was a high chance one or both of Jin-kang and Moo-young would die and Se-ran dying isn't all that surprising. As soon as Moo-young killed her I knew there was no way they could have a happy ending for a murderer.

In the end things are quite open-ended and we're left asking what's next. Will JinGook live the rest of his life in sadness and guilt? Will he finally date Tak? Will evil secretary get caught? And what ever happenes to Moo-young's court case lol?

Overall I loved this show and the main couple's chemistry was sizzling, both in their intimate and non-intimate moments. It will be hard to move on from this show :tears:

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, hoyund said:

Is it morbid that I keep rewatching the last scene where they're inside the house over and over and over again? It's like I'm a masochist wanting to torture myself, but I can't help it....it was the very last time MooKang had an honest conversation with each other and the music was so beautiful as it played over them as they left this world...and then Jin-gook runs in and bawls and bawls and I swear that was exactly my reaction when I first saw the scene but I just couldn't wail as loudly or else my neighbors would've really thought someone died in my own house, ha. 

I feel so bad for Jin-gook though. He did everything he could to atone for his sins and had a pretty good darn life with JK before MY showed up. And as they say, sometimes it's worse to be the last one still living and see everyone you love pass before you....Poor Manager Jin-gook :(

Usually, if I really root for a couple in a drama, I ship them in real life too, but this case has been the exception, Moo-young and Jin-kang seemed so real to me that I couldn't help but just hope that in their own little world, they will be together. They were adult, thirty year old characters, but in my eyes (& thanks to both actors having very youthful physical features), they seemed to still just be lost children who needed each other to give them the love and care that their parents neglected to do so. With each other, they could relive their past and have a better future. But sadly, even that was stripped from them...

Since I can't seem to let go of this drama, I'll probably be the lone person continuing to post on here and have conversations with myself! Lol.

Don’t worry, you are not alone.

It’s hard to let it go. What I felt during the vision of this drama  I’ll never forget.

i keep watching the last scene too (as you said, their last honest conversation) and can’t stop thinking about the pain I felt when I saw those beautiful raw emotions coming from them.

I wonder what could have happened if the secretary hadn’t show up. 

I wonder if they would have hugged and kissed or maybe made love for the last time...but sometimes those things don’t matter because they were able to make us understand their love even without speaking or touching but just with the power of their eyes.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

5 hours ago, hoyund said:

I swear that was exactly my reaction when I first saw the scene but I just couldn't wail as loudly or else my neighbors would've really thought someone died in my own house, ha. 

OMO same here! I had to fight the urge to wail otherwise my husband and son would really have thought that I've already gone over the edge

Usually, if I really root for a couple in a drama, I ship them in real life too, but this case has been the exception, Moo-young and Jin-kang seemed so real to me that I couldn't help but just hope that in their own little world, they will be together.

I really, really, REALLY want to root them IRL- and this is one of the causes of my really bad case of separation anxiety from the drama- that this is not possible  :bawling:

With each other, they could relive their past and have a better future. But sadly, even that was stripped from them...

This is what makes everything all the more bittersweet and heartbreaking, that these are two people who wanted only the simplest of things- to be with the one that they love, but as we all know, not just in movies or on TV, life could be cruel. I knew a happy ending wouldn't suit the overall mood of the show, and that MY has done his fair share of misdeeds, but I couldn't help but hope for him to have a second chance at life because he has already gone through so much. I've been thinking since after MY pulled the trigger- couldn't have the show at least spared him of being a murderer? I mean they have toned down pretty much everything, why not that one thing, too?

Nahhh you won't be alone. I'll be posting with you in the days and the weeks to come ;)

4 hours ago, jujuls said:

I wonder what could have happened if the secretary hadn’t show up. 

I have these visions of pushing Secretary Choi off the cliff LOL

@hoyund those are some of my fave scenes, too, including the one when they're on the pyeongsang. I love how the most indelible scenes aren't exactly the ones wherein they're on a bed, rather, the sweetest ones are the simplest ones- every time they're holding hands, JK cradling MY's face, MY nuzzling against JK (I love LOVE how MY always nuzzles against JK), their tight and comforting hugs. The power of this drama comes from a love that was so raw and real that I actually felt I was a silent witness to an actual couple falling in love right before my very eyes. Plus, it's an added sweet bonus that they've been together, planting seeds of love in each other from the very start. So so beautiful.

P.S.

I wasn't kidding in my other post- how do we start badgering the producers to make these two star in a romcom?

• Like 7

well I'm in denial of the ending so I want to believe they survived off-screen somehow (Jin Gook stop crying and call an ambulance!) :triumph: other k-drama characters have survived from worse conditions and at least ended up in a coma maybe. All of this could've been avoided if JG revealed the truth earlier! I still don't get why he was so against MY 

One of the background music sounds like from the original version (which I'm watching now)

• Like 4

To be honest, I was thinking a lot about the ending last night, going through different scenarios in my head, like: what if Moo-Young just went along with Se-Ran's games and played until she got bored and leaves him alone? She has said she gets bored of things easily and will run off chasing the next thrill. Or if Secretary Choi didn't find them?

And that's when I had this realization that everything was so futile for them.

Moo-Young ended up killing Se-Ran because he knew that even if he kowtowed to her every whim, she would never leave Jin-Kang and Jin-Gook alone. She is always looking for new excitement in her life, and she will stir the pot again when things settle down/calms down. Moo-Young will never be able to get stop her from getting to Jin-Kang and Jin-Gook. Even if he was willingly sticking around to become her toy. 

As for Secretary Choi, even if Moo-Young ends up turning himself in, things won't end well for him, he'll just get murdered in lock-up. The Jang family are very powerful, as seen in how they successfully covered up Woo-Sang's murder-suicide. And Moo-Young killed Se-Ran while indirectly causing the death of Woo-Sang; there's no way the chairman would let that slide. If Moo-Young runs away with Jin-Kang, it'll just be a life on the run from law enforcement and the people that the chairman sends after them. 

If Jin-Gook has been living in guilt for the past 25 years, I can't even imagine what it's going to be like for him after everything that's happened. And poor Cho-Rong too. Now I'm sad again. :(

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, teachermok said:

I love how the most indelible scenes aren't exactly the ones wherein they're on a bed, rather, the sweetest ones are the simplest ones- every time they're holding hands, JK cradling MY's face, MY nuzzling against JK (I love LOVE how MY always nuzzles against JK), their tight and comforting hugs. The power of this drama comes from a love that was so raw and real that I actually felt I was a silent witness to an actual couple falling in love right before my very eyes. 

Yes, yes, and yes! How is it that my heart melts just seeing MY nuzzle up to JK or when they hug each other so tightly like their lives depended on it? I think part of it is due to the fact that there have been so many unnecessary kissing scenes in dramas nowadays *cough*TheBeautyInside*cough* that I've become immune to them; so if actors can prove their characters' tight chemistry and romantic relationship without the need for kissing, then damn, that's great acting right there!  

I think someone mentioned starting and signing an online petition is possible for SIG & JSM to star in a rom-com together but I'm always wary of those because I feel like the right people (producers/PD's) don't really notice them. I'm not sure if SIG or JSM have some online cafe that they frequent because I would love to write a lengthy message congratulating them on their breakthrough roles (and also beg them to act together again!). One of my earliest favorite Korean couples was Lee Dong-wook and Lee Da-hae in My Girl and they finally reunited in Hotel King (a complete dud,imo) almost a decade later so I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't take that long for SIG & JSM to reunite!

I would also root for them in real life if I didn't already know that JSM was taken, so for now, all I can hope for is that they remain good friends in real life and perhaps even do cameos in each others' dramas in the future! I read that JSM's next new gig is being a DJ for SBS Young Street radio, so hopefully, she'll get the chance to talk more about her role as Jin-kang or even invite SIG to the show *crossing fingers*

@MidnightRain I agree with all your analysis. Even if MY had decided to turn himself in, I'm pretty sure Se-ran's father would find some way to murder/torment him and/or JinKang for revenge. So yeah, the biggest mistake MY made was to approach Se-ran for the gun. I understand that MY was desperate and angry after finding out JG was his father's killer and that probably skewed his decisions alot ,so in a way, it was almost inevitable.

I think aside from the whole "love saves people" message that the show was going for, another big moral that I got from watching the show is that "karma will come get you and what goes around comes around" which is not only true for MY but also for JG.

I'm rewatching the whole show, and all the flashbacks and dialogue make alot more sense now that we know what the ending is. In ep 10 when MY first explains his dreams to JK, he tells JK that the earliest memory he has is of his younger self walking for a very long time, as if he was searching for something. And JK asks him, "For your mom?"

But now we know that little Moo-young was actually looking for his best friend, Jin-kang:tears:

(It would've been cute if there was a scene of grown-up MY feeding JK peanuts just like their younger versions did, teehee)

Here are some high-quality images of the show from tvN: http://program.tving.com/tvn/fallingstars/3/Board/List?page=1

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, hoyund said:

I think aside from the whole "love saves people" message that the show was going for, another big moral that I got from watching the show is that "karma will come get you and what goes around comes around" which is not only true for MY but also for JG.

Indeed. I'm just sad that JK, who was completely innocent of everything, got roped into the karma whirlpool.

I read that JSM's next new gig is being a DJ for SBS Young Street radio, so hopefully, she'll get the chance to talk more about her role as Jin-kang or even invite SIG to the show *crossing fingers*

Ooooh I wonder where I could watch this lol as if I can understand Korean.

(It would've been cute if there was a scene of grown-up MY feeding JK peanuts just like their younger versions did, teehee)

It would also have been nice if we had more scenes of them playing as kids. Huhu MY feeding JK peanuts is priceless

Indeed, MY approaching SeRan for help was his one fatal mistake. If he only listened more to JK's warnings against dealing with people like them twisted Jangs. Actually, if only our two male leads- MY and JG- recognized more the strength and wisdom of JK- things wouldn't have spiraled out of control. Sad how their trying to "protect" JK is still somehow a mirror of how patriarchal many societies still are; and how stereotypical gender roles sadly are still pretty much in place even in dramaland. Men are there to fight it out til the bitter end; women are there to be protected. Even feisty JK somehow got lost when she had completely fallen in love. Tak is useless and just hopelessly in love, the drama could have gone on just fine without her. Seung-ah is pitiful. Yoori is blinded by her infatuation with MY. Although I believe that their (MY and JG) trying to protect JK from the truth is done more out of love than out of her being a woman, but still. Their trying to protect ultimately failed and just led her to her doom. Good thing and interestingly, at least, the drama's chief villain is a woman who knows what she wants and does it her way (though twisted she truly is). I think that evens out the gender playing field. 

WHY THE HELL AM I OVERANALYZING THINGS AGAIN ON AN EARLY SATURDAY MORNING??!?

P.S.

Can somebody please, please tell me what JK's shampoo is so I can have my very own MY nuzzling up my head huhu

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

@hoyund Yup, Moo-Young was pretty much a marked man after killing Se-Ran. For whatever reason, he was let off easily after what happened with Woo-Sang, and I kinda suspect Se-Ran may have something to do with it, although I could be totally over-analyzing things here. But even if he didn't approach Se-Ran for the gun, would she have left him alone so easily though? While he was determined not to engage with her, but she did say that she nearly went crazy with thrills when she saw how similar they were after watching the videos of Seung-Ah's dash cam. Sadly though, he did hand her the trump card when he went to see her for help. 

Also yes at the karma bit, I mean I feel terrible for what happened with Moo-Young, but in the beginning of the show, his character was not that different from Se-Ran's. They're just roaming through life toying with other people's lives, playing games, wrecking havoc, and not caring either way what happens. Karma really bit them hard though, it's just sad that all this happened when Moo-Young finally has a second chance, but he really made some powerful enemies. Enemies that even he could not have protected Jin-Kang and Jin-Gook from. Sigh. :(

• Like 7