Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

2 hours ago, pohyoke said:

Well, well..we live vicariously :)..who would not melt to have a guy who looks like that running hard after you. Oh my..

Honestly I don’t know how JK resisted him for so long. If someone like SIG tried to win me over, I’d drop my pants the moment he looked at me that way. LOL I’m shameless :glasses:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

Hi.

I just want to share these videos:

Cut's of Ep11&12 with the OST "Lost" by "Ahn Ji Yeon".

And...

Seo In Guk & Jung So Min - Star [The Smile Has Left Your Eyes OST Part.2 with Eng Subs]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Chapter 14:  The Housewarming Party is out.

Check it out here.

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1371103/a-hundred-million-stars-falling-from-the-sky-mystery-romance-thriller

@Table122000  The stabbing scene was just chilling. I knew that it was coming, that Jin kook would go to all lengths to stop Jin kang from seeing Moo Young. He stabbed him and he'll tell Jin kang he stabbed him, so it's blackmail. If you don't stop seeing him, I'll kill him next time. That's just chilling.

Other thoughts of mine:

Moo young's father murdered his mother, and quite possibly, his younger brother.

I feel that MY and JK are not siblings, because of the bed scene. I doubt that they'd do that in a drama.

Oh, wait. I just remembered Jin kook goes to the temple every year because he's done something wrong to JK's father.

Oh, dear. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

The "official" statement released by the makers of show really wasn't much of a statement than an obvious fact, no? Like someone mentioned earlier, I think it was released merely as a marketing ploy to rack up more viewers for the ending, which was stupid because if that's the case, they should've released the statement about a month ago when ratings were already dipping *facepalm*  TvN did such a terrible job promoting & marketing this show, but I'll save that rant for another post....

I know everyone's hating on JG now, but I get the feeling the writer did it on purpose to show the rise of one character to show his development into a good human (MY) and to compare that with the steady downfall of another (JG) which makes for a good juxtaposition. And then you have the person who's stuck in the middle of them both (JK) who is doing her darnest to remain steady and faithful to both men. So on paper, I do feel like this is a pretty interesting dilemma especially since it's pretty obvious this drama's highlight is on characterization and less on actual plot.

Why doesn't JG just be completely honest to JK about why she can't be w/ MY? Because doing so would require him to confess that he murdered someone. This isn't some petty crime he committed in the past. He murdered someone in cold blood, his crime was covered under, and he got away scot-free. Given the option, I'm sure noone would want to reveal that to anyone, let alone the one person you're closest to in the world after years and years of being tormented with guilt. So yes, I do have empathy for JG (minus him getting all stabby) and can understand the guilt and suspicion strangling him now and making him go bonkers. And let's not forget that MY is most likely an accomplice to murder(s) so not really good boyfriend material to begin with....

Having said that, does anyone have gifs of all the snuggling and cute moments between MooKang so far to share? :p

I also totally second the motion of wanting to see SIG & JSM in a comedy next!! Despite SIG being famous for more meaty roles like Remember You, I actually never paid much attention to him until "Shopping King Louie" (the way Louie reacts to spiders is like the spitting image of me, lol) where he really sold the role without being too childish and annoying. And JSM had such hilarious roles in "Sound of Your Heart" and "FIS" to where I think she's actually slightly better in comedic roles than dramas.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jung Kyung Ho sent a food truck to Park Sung Woong. They recently starred together in Life On Mars (outstanding drama, one of my Top 3 dramas for 2018 alongside with My Ahjussi and Hundred Million Stars). The two had great chemistry and their bromance went from reel to real :) 

We rarely talk about anybody else besides SIG and JSM but I’d also want to praise PSW who I like very much regardless what character he plays. He also played a detective in Life on Mars but a very different one from Jin Gook. All three leads are strong actors and our drama wouldn’t be so captivating without their performances.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

This drama mixes me up to the point I really want to leave it personally and stay away from it.  But my drive and curiousity to know whats going to happen at the end of this one keeps making me go on.

I know how the other version of its ends and its definitely not pretty but i am torn because i like the main cast and the other shows they have been in.  I keep thinking that MY is going to be the focus and that its going to be tragic, but then the gun issue with her father keeps coming up and makes me wonder if they are going to spin it his direction or even both directions.

Ohh damn i dont know im totally confused.  I want to watch some really good crime dramas with strong romance storylines but they either have bad or sad endings or long drawn out plots so i am left waiting for this one to finish.  Then again I am also drawn to the same revenge family kdramas as well even the long ones with strong romances but running out of those as well.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I remember that we have ever talked about the real anti-hero twist here weeks ago. Is it maybe Jin Kook be that twist? What's with JK actually? I really can't understand him now. The moment he stabbed MY, I lost my sympathy over this character. I mean how could he stabbed him like that. What makes him so desperate like that. I mean what is he really fear of. There's still remaining 4 eps to unfold all the mystery. And here I come to remember that the real mystery is about MY and JK relationship. "Are they siblings?" Will keep being a mystery to the last final episode. Just like  Reply 1997 (starred SIG and JEJ) which lead viewers to the mystery who is the female lead's husband. Here, did they expect us to keep wondering the same thing, "are they siblings?". 

My fave scenes of ep 11-12.
♡ MY and JK are shopping some house appliances and groceries. They's just like newlyweds.

♡ MY quickly runs after JK who left in disappointment. I love that scene a lot! You can tell that he loves her so much.

♡ when JK keeps asking MY to do the things unlike him, buying her the doll, cooking for her, having a housewarming party and granting her wish to keep her childhood photo. He even consider to apply to be a cop just to win over JK,  the brother of the woman he likes. Aww.. he deserves lots of loves.

♡ feels so heartbroken when JK told her brother that MY is just a pitiful kid who is gotten hurt enough already. I really don't understand JG, he's really frustrating! He should tell the truth!

♡ the cat analogy,  I love how MY told JK that she can leave him and comes back to him anytime. That is so sad but it felt so good.

♡ ...

That's all I can remember for now. I will rewatch the episodes again to list more. Hahaha.

• Like 10

14 hours ago, ChewyChocolate said:

Chapter 14:  The Housewarming Party is out.

Check it out here.

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1371103/a-hundred-million-stars-falling-from-the-sky-mystery-romance-thriller

@Table122000  The stabbing scene was just chilling. I knew that it was coming, that Jin kook would go to all lengths to stop Jin kang from seeing Moo Young. He stabbed him and he'll tell Jin kang he stabbed him, so it's blackmail. If you don't stop seeing him, I'll kill him next time. That's just chilling.

Other thoughts of mine:

Moo young's father murdered his mother, and quite possibly, his younger brother.

I feel that MY and JK are not siblings, because of the bed scene. I doubt that they'd do that in a drama.

Oh, wait. I just remembered Jin kook goes to the temple every year because he's done something wrong to JK's father.

Oh, dear. 

Well, the drama wouldn’t that shocking if they didn’t sleep together, don’t you think? If they turn out to be the siblings which I fear and no matter how much I’m trying to prepare myself, my heart just bleeds for them.

• Like 6

I've finally caught up with all episodes, and all the pages on this thread, phew... I will try to share my thoughts on earlier episodes asap later on, although much have actually been shared already by many of you...

For now, I want to share a more urgent thought about the ending... I kinda feel that they might still go the siblings route as the ending, and also there will be death... The reasons why I thought so are:

1) When MY revealed his real name - Kang Sun Ho... We know that the name Yoo Jin Kang was given by her brother. Korean and Chinese usually try to pick similar names for siblings, only differing in one character. What if the "Kang" in her name was purposely taken by Jin Gook from her original family name "Kang" to make it Yoo Jin Kang, so she still keep a part of her original name with her.

2) In preview, we see MY going to the same temple that JG visit with JK annually. And we see him looking at one of the altar name plates, I'm assuming belonging to his father. Although there are probably hundreds of name plates there, but it still may be the same name plate that is connecting them.

3) The duet song of MooKang... that one verse "I'm happy even if it's just us two in the dark night. Let's close our eyes." -- gave me bad feeling... When you're out watching the stars, you don't close your eyes. Why are they saying to each other in the song - let's close our eyes? Closing eyes is usually associated with sleeping, or dying... They're referring to each other as stars. If there are only two stars in the dark night, they're going to be very noticeable, because they will be the only two shining. What will happen when stars "close their eyes"? For me, it means they're not going to shine anymore -- which is equivalent to "death".

It's way past midnight, I hope what I wrote above makes sense...

Also, I don't remember reading this brought up on the thread, so I'm going to just throw it out for thoughts -- What they have done, ie.sleeping together --  was it still considered incest when they didn't even know at all that they are siblings?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

For now, I want to share a more urgent thought about the ending... I kinda feel that they might still go the siblings route as the ending, and also there will be death... The reasons why I thought so are:

1) When MY revealed his real name - Kang Sun Ho... We know that the name Yoo Jin Kang was given by her brother. Korean and Chinese usually try to pick similar names for siblings, only differing in one character. What if the "Kang" in her name was purposely taken by Jin Gook from her original family name "Kang" to make it Yoo Jin Kang, so she still keep a part of her original name with her.

2) In preview, we see MY going to the same temple that JG visit with JK annually. And we see him looking at one of the altar name plates, I'm assuming belonging to his father. Although there are probably hundreds of name plates there, but it still may be the same name plate that is connecting them.

3) The duet song of MooKang... that one verse "I'm happy even if it's just us two in the dark night. Let's close our eyes." -- gave me bad feeling... When you're out watching the stars, you don't close your eyes. Why are they saying to each other in the song - let's close our eyes? Closing eyes is usually associated with sleeping, or dying... They're referring to each other as stars. If there are only two stars in the dark night, they're going to be very noticeable, because they will be the only two shining. What will happen when stars "close their eyes"? For me, it means they're not going to shine anymore -- which is equivalent to "death".

Thank you for joining this thread and for sharing your thoughts that i have to say make totally sense. 

All the elements seems to lead to a tragic end but we, as fans of the korean version, have been trying for days to come up with an alternative ending because we love them as a couple. 

Spoiler

In the j version, Ryo finds out that Yuko is her sister after she says that she has been adopted. After that, he meets with crazy brother who confirms they're siblings. 

I know that i can't trust previews, but in the last preview we see MY in the temple, we also see JG there (with MY?), what if he reveals that he killed his father. We see MY crying so maybe a sad truth will be discovered (?). We also see MY in a turtle neck and after that he receives a hug from JK (wearing the exact same clothes). I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE but still i cannot stop thinking about that statement which is really strange and doesn't say anything. 

• Like 9

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:59 PM, Mau_Cherry said:

Its not even sure that he has a brother - maybe it really was JK but not as brother or sister. Importend for me is - when did he draw that (was it even him?). The other kid where never shown - it can be a girl too.

We know he creates his past as happy and wonderful with a loving and caring family and a father who would search for him. But the reality can be so different. Who knows - maybe the past was even worst than we think it was but those two kids even not blood related helped each other.  About that past - we don´t really know anything.

What was made up to hide what happen can be partly true - can be a lie too - was the father a really bad guy - maybe... at least there must have been a reason the Brother felt like he had no other chance than to shot him. I can´t focus on the J Version for that past because it already feels really different. And who was the second adult in the picture?

I guess next week will show us more - but they will not let us know about the real past so easily.

And i wonder why the rich witch - Se Ra was not in the picture again - she is up to no good too...

I don't know, I know there's a possibility that it could be JK but they make it seem like it's a boy... This drama just makes my head hurt. From trying to figure out MY, wanting to know what this whole mystery is, what JG problem with MY is and JK role in all of this is... This has been one of the best dramas I've seen this year. Probably one of the best dramas I've ever seen however it wears me out...:confounded:

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I've finally caught up with all episodes, and all the pages on this thread, phew... I will try to share my thoughts on earlier episodes asap later on, although much have actually been shared already by many of you...

It's way past midnight, I hope what I wrote above makes sense...

Also, I don't remember reading this brought up on the thread, so I'm going to just throw it out for thoughts -- What they have done, ie.sleeping together --  was it still considered incest when they didn't even know at all that they are siblings?

Thanks for your post! I didn’t catch that line in the lyrics but now you’ve mentioned it... it does make sense about a dying star. I’m sure the scene will be filmed poetically with the stars above their heads. I’m still in a denial but I think there’s no doubt we’re heading to a tragic ending   :tears:

About your question about the incest - I’m not sure about the law regarding this issue in Korea but if we omit the psychological part, they shouldn’t be punished by the law as they didn’t know their real identities. 

As for an emotional part... They’re purposefully showing us that their love is intense and passionate. Their love is burning and uncontrollable to the point of no return. As JK said there was no point in breaking up because she’d be back again and again. So what else is there in your life to do when you want to kiss that person, make love with him... touch him all the time but you can’t because it’s wrong and sick? But despite that you can’t get rid of your inappropriate feelings...? 

Jung So Min has this fauxcest relationship in her previous drama Father Is Strange when they thought they were half siblings but actually weren’t (well they found out about it after falling in love first too). 

• Like 9

También creo que el amor y la obsesión que JK tiene para mí añadido al silencio de su hermano nos están llevando al trágico final de la historia, que desde mi punto de vista el suicidio sería el final más cobardes porque ambos IM y el hermano de JK que han cometido delitos y que tienen que pagar por ellos y JK la verdad es inocente y que es egoísta porque se olvidó de su amigo y lo MI influye en ella para que se llevará a las malas acciones que la llevaron a la muerte, además de querer Cambiar y comenzar a ser una buena persona no borra el pasado y sus crímenes, tanto que lo que les está sucediendo es la consecuencia de algo que sucedió cuando eran niños. No es que esté en contra del amor, pero creo que el trasfondo de la Historia es que el karma algún día te alcanzará. And maybe you wonder what she did besides forget about her friend and fall in love, because she's acting like her spoiled friend

• Confused 1

I like this drama because it has more to do, it makes you wonder many things the writer says that the key to this version is love, but love can not only save you, it could also lead you to the worst of times, it can Take to make the best decisions or you can take the worst decisions of your life, it can be the best food or the worst drug.

• Like 5

Wednesday, come quickly! :persevere:

As I was browsing on YT and watched 100MSFTS videos I came across this video. SIG singing John Legend’s All Of Me (starts at 6:20).

Did you know Seo In Guk comes with the whole package? And I mean the whole package. He beat 720 000 contestants and became the winner of season 1 of Superstar K (something like America’s Got Talent). Not only he’s the amazing singer but he also plays instruments and composes music?

Because I’ve known him as an actor I didn’t realise he has so many talents. Some idols are mediocre in both their singing and acting, but this guy doesn’t do anything half a$$. That makes me even sadder that he’s kinda underrated :bawling: 

Also now I get why Jung So Min wrote she was nervous about the duet because SIG is a famous singer. I hope he helped her a lot! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@ktcjdrama I cant believe we also have the same thoughts regarding your points number 1 and 3. Redarding the 1st point, the only thing holding me back from truly believing this is them not being real siblings. However, it’s still possible that either JK or MY was adopted hence either of them has adopted the surname Kang since birth. However, I’m still not convinced with the adoption theory.

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. I happened to see a video in youtube with English lyrics. I was totally enjoying the song’s bittersweet message and melancholic melody when the last part had me choking to tears. I knew the verse “Let’s close our eyes” was a dead giveaway to the ending. The ending of j-adaptation came flashing back to me in an instant.

Since in the original version...

Spoiler

Ryo and Yuko died together (well not really since Ryo died first) in each others arms under the stars. :bawling:

It’s possible they’re gonna do the same with MY and JK in the end.

SIG and JSM must have known the finale before they wrote the lyrics and most likely incorporated the theme and the ending in the song.

With regards to the original version...

Spoiler

Ryo’s mother ran away with some other guy. That may also explain why MY has no recollection of his mom.

I have this theory that MY’s mom probably ran off with JK’s dad and MY’s dad might have chased them off eventually shooting (clue: MY’s dad’s gun business) JK’s dad and most likely MY’s mom to death in the process. MY’s dad probably took JK in their home while being chased by the cops. JK and MY probably became close along the way.

On ep 12, MY’s recurring dream of wandering along the streets as a child showed adult JK at the end of the dream. MY mentioned that he was searching for someone or something but he couldn’t point it out coz it was probably little JK he’s searching for when they were still kids. He was probably dead worried for her and wanted to know if she was ok until he lost all his memories. (Such a selfless guy *sniff sniff*)

TSHLYE is definitely a modern retelling of Romeo and Juliet.

Spoiler

If there had not been a miscommunication between Ryo, Yuko and Kanzo, Ryo and Yuko would not have died in the first place.

If only JG had the balls to tell JK the truth and explained why she couldn’t be with MY, then things wouldn’t be this way. If only...if only...

The damage has already been done. There’s no point of returning to where they started.

THIS DRAMA IS MAKING MY CRAZY. I don’t know how I will recover after this drama ends.

PS: @hoyund yeah, JSM she’s slightly better in comedy xD. If I am not mistaken she was given a name for it (not sure if it’s Queen of rom-coms or something similar?) and working with SIG again in a rom-com will be JJANG!

Oozing chemistry + Romance + Comedy = asckejshcusjdjfiwizpxovkrnwhcueuqauxjvnejsicjejduirwisjjrjwicg

I have already created an alternative universe inside my head where they are not MY and JK but some other ordinary couple in a rom-com kdrama giving us loads of fluff hahaha. God, I need to write a fanfic about this it’s just that I’m too lazy to write and revise pfffft

• Like 6

I actually went to look for the J-version to watch just for the sake of it, but the quality of the video is just too bad that I can't really enjoy it... But anyhow, I've looked at this K-version as a drama of its own, disregarding the comparison to the J-version.

CMIIW, this drama is adapted from the novel, right? Not from the J-drama itself? So it will be like Scarlet Heart - Ryeo, adapted from the novel, not from the C-drama legend? I personally enjoyed the K-version of that story more than the C-version. And all three endings (novel, C-drama, K-drama) are different. So we may have hope here....

I think the key word is "adaptation"... versus "remake". Since this is adaptation, we have hope the ending might be different. One example of a total remake will be Oh My Ghostess - Thai version. Go check out some scenes and you'll know what I mean. it is totally following the K-version, scene by scene... Not adaptation, but a pure remake.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think the key word is "adaptation"... versus "remake". Since this is adaptation, we have hope the ending might be different. One example of a total remake will be Oh My Ghostess - Thai version. Go check out some scenes and you'll know what I mean. it is totally following the K-version, scene by scene... Not adaptation, but a pure remake.

Yep, knowing that this one is an adaptation gives me a lot of hope although I’m kinda guilty being overly obsessed with the ending.

I’ll be fine with a sad finale as long as they give us closure especially to our main characters and a satisfying finish for this one hell of a thrilling but exhilirating ride.

• Like 5