Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

4 hours ago, hoyund said:

@kdramaaddict212 Thank you SO much for the directions and clearing up the confusion! Will get on it right now!

Btw, I read in an IG post promoting the DC Blu Ray, and they said that after purchasing it off YesAsia, that you need to send a message on the Naver (?) TSHLFY forum indicating that you already bought so they can tally up the number of orders.

is that something you did or know if you have to do?

No, I wasn't aware I had to do that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kdramaaddict212 said:

No, I wasn't aware I had to do that. 

thanks so much for the info, @kdramaaddict212! so sorry coz i'll only try to purchase in a bit. i was too busy yesterday. i wonder how may pre-orders were already placed. i hope there will be enough!

• Like 2

PD Yoo Jae Won has his next drama coming in the first half of 2019 and he is working with Park Bo Young again! Everyone who works with this PD seems to really love him, he works with a lot of the same actors and gets a lot of praise in interviews.

I hope we get some cameos from the Hundred Million stars cast, especially a MooKang couple one to help us get over the ending! In Guk had a cameo in Oh My Ghostess so it seems likely. And hopefully he sings/composes another OST as well, like he did for Tomorrow with You, Flower is one of my favourite songs of his. It was the only time he did an OST for a drama he wasn't in, because of how close he is with the PD. 

I'm still checking Naver every day for interviews with the cast/PD but it seems like only Kwon Soo Hyun is doing interviews at the moment. So Min is busy with her DJing and In Guk has his concert this weekend, so I get it but I still want content lol 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, dobbying said:

PD Yoo Jae Won has his next drama coming in the first half of 2019 and he is working with Park Bo Young again! Everyone who works with this PD seems to really love him, he works with a lot of the same actors and gets a lot of praise in interviews.

I hope we get some cameos from the Hundred Million stars cast, especially a MooKang couple one to help us get over the ending! In Guk had a cameo in Oh My Ghostess so it seems likely. And hopefully he sings/composes another OST as well, like he did for Tomorrow with You, Flower is one of my favourite songs of his. It was the only time he did an OST for a drama he wasn't in, because of how close he is with the PD. 

I'm still checking Naver every day for interviews with the cast/PD but it seems like only Kwon Soo Hyun is doing interviews at the moment. So Min is busy with her DJing and In Guk has his concert this weekend, so I get it but I still want content lol 

Awww this is nice thank you @dobbying for the info, hope that mookang can make a cameo! is that even possible! 

I love park Bo young so no info on who is the male lead yet could it be seo inguk? No? 

No new content, and here I am rewatching TSHLYE and fastfowarding scenes without mookang :joy: I still don't think it's fair that Jin gook got away with stabbing moo young, what's with that, and suddenly after mooyoung really became a murderer he's suddenly all nice to mooyoung. Some things are suddenly not making sense to me:joy:

i rewatched TSHLYE after finishing hymn of death I guess some love are meant to be tragical. :heartbreak:

@kdramaaddict212 Come to think of it this must have been JG karma seeing his precious JK lying there dead. Now that I rewatched it there are some plots that I'm dissatisfied with. This drama would remain in my heart mostly because of Mookang and jk relationship with JG, I can't seem to be interested with the seung ah plots and other mystery bits upon rewatching it the second time. Come to think of it if Jin kang did not reach out her hand in episode 9 towards mooyoung he would continue to not have any conscious. I would love to see somin and seo inguk in another drama again but I doubt that will happen because so far they have never partner up with their ex costars. 

Ps. I was watching the last episode of Louis and realized that the ending dialogue for them in the drama was Louis saying I love you and NJH replying with I love you too, how is seo inguk so good in delivering his lines, in TSHLYE it was so tragical and sad whereas is Louis it was heartfluttering happy it's like 2 different People saying the same words. I hope he get more projects after this to surprise us more of his acting chops.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 5

Waa I am so glad PD is already working on another project. I haven't seen Oh my Ghost but I'll definitely check this new one with Park Bo Young (Uri Bong Bong). 

I don't know if I am the only one with this kind of thought but there are still unanswered questions on the murder.

In episode 9, JG tells MY (the scene at the convenience store): I guessed the thoughts that were going through your mind while you waited here for 20 minutes for your phone to be charged. If you needed to charge your phone, five minutes would have been enough if you were urgent. You could have also borrowed the part-time worker's phone. You were the evil mastermind.

If I am right we didn't get the explanation about what really happened, why he waited and If he really intended to plan her murder. 

Another thing (and i don't know if it is a plot hole or something) is that JK never gets the chance to ask MY about his involvement in the murder. When they begin dating she says: You told me to ask anything I wanted to know about you. Keep that promise. I'm really going to ask you anything. I have so many things I would like to ask you. Some, I will have to ask eventually. But i don't want to right know.

You're probabily thinking "the show is over, get over it" but I just can't hahaha I wish I could go back in time and watch it week after week all over again! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, jujuls said:

Waa I am so glad PD is already working on another project. I haven't seen Oh my Ghost but I'll definitely check this new one with Park Bo Young (Uri Bong Bong). 

I don't know if I am the only one with this kind of thought but there are still unanswered questions on the murder.

In episode 9, JG tells MY (the scene at the convenience store): I guessed the thoughts that were going through your mind while you waited here for 20 minutes for your phone to be charged. If you needed to charge your phone, five minutes would have been enough if you were urgent. You could have also borrowed the part-time worker's phone. You were the evil mastermind.

If I am right we didn't get the explanation about what really happened, why he waited and If he really intended to plan her murder. 

Another thing (and i don't know if it is a plot hole or something) is that JK never gets the chance to ask MY about his involvement in the murder. When they begin dating she says: You told me to ask anything I wanted to know about you. Keep that promise. I'm really going to ask you anything. I have so many things I would like to ask you. Some, I will have to ask eventually. But i don't want to right know.

You're probabily thinking "the show is over, get over it" but I just can't hahaha I wish I could go back in time and watch it week after week all over again! 

The show is over but im not over IT! I think that scene where mooyoung was at The convenience Store was him waiting to see if Yuri Will kill that Girl or not, Thats why JG Said he was The mastermind, he planted the idea to Yuri By telling her that girl's house password. Instead of stopping Yuri he waited at The store till after Yuri Did The Killing. Maybe Thats why JG sees him as a monster. I Dont Know im curious too about that bit. 

Also about JK never questioning about The murder because he Already Said that he Didnt do IT, and She just trusted him for that. She just doesn't look at mooyoung as a monster but as a human being With flaws. Maybe Thats why i love Them so much, because She's willing To accept him With all of his baggages and She aknowledges that he is not a saint of a person, but She saw good in him when No one Else did. She knows in heart that he wants To change. With seung ah mooyoung calculated his move to WIn her heart but he never felt anything for her but With jin kang the feelings came naturally and there was No stopping IT when IT start. Thats why he felt The most human when he killed seran because he felt fear for jin kang and doesn't want her to go through The same hurt that he went through. IT was still wrong of him To kill her, but oh Well They Made him a killer so They have To end his life but sadly jin kang got The same karma as him when She's really innocent in all of this.

did any of you Check out hymn of death? Whats With The drama that i watched this year The endings are either open ended or tragic wheres My rainbows and unicorn:bawling:

PS: oh My ghostess was cute i Didnt remember that seo inguk cameod in IT haha.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, jujuls said:

Hi, guys! I've been watching some currently airing dramas, but I still find myself rewatching TSHLYE (but mostly my fave MooKang scenes). And I have to agree that while the drama is excellent as a whole, there still are of course loopholes. And just like @jujuls, I couldn't help but think why the murder, which was one of the central plotlines in Episodes 1-9 was cast aside to oblivion from Episode 10 onwards. Moo-young didn't even bother visiting Yuri in prison.

Also, maybe JK didn't ask MY about the murder because she trusts him too much, that MY couldn't get involved in the crime? Or, she just doesn't want to hear what his answer would be?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, teachermok said:

Hi, guys! I've been watching some currently airing dramas, but I still find myself rewatching TSHLYE (but mostly my fave MooKang scenes). And I have to agree that while the drama is excellent as a whole, there still are of course loopholes. And just like @jujuls, I couldn't help but think why the murder, which was one of the central plotlines in Episodes 1-9 was cast aside to oblivion from Episode 10 onwards. Moo-young didn't even bother visiting Yuri in prison.

Also, maybe JK didn't ask MY about the murder because she trusts him too much, that MY couldn't get involved in the crime? Or, she just doesn't want to hear what his answer would be?

Yeah i was thinking The same thing Too when i rewatched. Mooyoung Didnt visit Yuri at all not even once! But Then again he Did Said that seung ah and Yuri meant nothing To him.

Another thing im a little bit miffed about was when seran threatened mooyoung that She Will Call jin kang and told her The truth, mooyoung should just Let her! Obviously jin kang Will Ask JG for The truth. Arghhh sometimes i forgot that this is a remake so They have No choice but To follow The original and There should be murder and death surrounding The drama.

I'll just rewatched The mookang scenes and skip all Other plots in future im starting To Have so many unaswered Questions upon rewatching:joy:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dramacurrent weekly discussion is TSHLYE! Below is the link.

Dramacurrent weekly discussion: The smile has left your eyes

Questions to post answers to in the comments section include:

1. How did you like “The Smile Has Left Your Eyes?
  2. What do you think attracted Jin Kang and Moo Young to each other?
  3. Which scene(s) stood out as your favorite(s)?
  4. Why do you think Yoo Jin Kook hated Moo Young so much?
  5. Was Moo Young a monster? Why or why not?
  6. What did you think of how “The Smile Has Left Your Eyes ended

In addition to posting your answers there you can post it here too because there are so any good questions and so much we still have to discuss. 

Enjoy :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

@kdramaaddict212 thank you so much for the link!!!

15 hours ago, namidajanai said:

Another thing im a little bit miffed about was when seran threatened mooyoung that She Will Call jin kang and told her The truth, mooyoung should just Let her! Obviously jin kang Will Ask JG for The truth. Arghhh sometimes i forgot that this is a remake so They have No choice but To follow The original and There should be murder and death surrounding The drama.

My thoughts exactly. I never really understood why MY had to kill JSR to keep JK from knowing the truth. But then again, something must have provoked the "human" in him to do the unimaginable in order to protect JK.

I almost forgot! Idk why but this theory has been boggling me a lot since ep 14. "That guy was really blessed" convo of JG with Tak was definitely a red herring. JK and MY's parents must have been buried in the same temple but their plaques must have been placed on different corners. I happened to notice that the color pattern of lanterns when JG visited MY's father in ep 10 was different from the pattern on MY's angle. I believe he also paid his respects to JK's parents, hence Tak's statement "that guy was really blessed". Just want to share this to y'all. OR maybe I'm just overthinking again.

Starting from JG's head (white, red, green, and white)

ts1.jpg

Starting from MY (white, green, red)

ts2.jpg

• Like 3

On 9 December 2018 at 12:32 PM, kdramaaddict212 said:

Dramacurrent weekly discussion is TSHLYE! Below is the link.

Dramacurrent weekly discussion: The smile has left your eyes

Questions to post answers to in the comments section include:

1. How did you like “The Smile Has Left Your Eyes?
  2. What do you think attracted Jin Kang and Moo Young to each other?
  3. Which scene(s) stood out as your favorite(s)?
  4. Why do you think Yoo Jin Kook hated Moo Young so much?
  5. Was Moo Young a monster? Why or why not?
  6. What did you think of how “The Smile Has Left Your Eyes ended

In addition to posting your answers there you can post it here too because there are so any good questions and so much we still have to discuss. 

Enjoy :)

Thank you so much for this link, i commented on It i think My post was freaking long :joy:so many things To talk about!

On 9 December 2018 at 1:33 PM, alivingparadox24 said:

@kdramaaddict212 thank you so much for the link!!!

On 8 December 2018 at 10:24 PM, namidajanai said:

My thoughts exactly. I never really understood why MY had to kill JSR to keep JK from knowing the truth. But then again, something must have provoked the "human" in him to do the unimaginable in order to protect JK.

I almost forgot! Idk why but this theory has been boggling me a lot since ep 14. "That guy was really blessed" convo of JG with Tak was definitely a red herring. JK and MY's parents must have been buried in the same temple but their plaques must have been placed on different corners. I happened to notice that the color pattern of lanterns when JG visited MY's father in ep 10 was different from the pattern on MY's angle. I believe he also paid his respects to JK's parents, hence Tak's statement "that guy was really blessed". Just want to share this to y'all. OR maybe I'm just overthinking again.

I think its The same place because jin kang had To go There every time She never understood why, but JG obviously purpose of visit was for mooyoung's dad and her parents. 

• Like 2

I just wanted to give an update for those who pre-ordered the  director's cut of TSHLYE DVD I contacted Yes24 to see when they expect the DVD will be shipped out. They just informed me it usually takes a year to produce so it will come out November 2019! :bawling:

• Like 2

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that The Smile Has Left Your Eyes/Hundred Million Stars Falling From the Sky received several mentions in the Dramabeans Editor's Picks for 2018. It was 2nd place for Best Drama. Seo In Gook won Best Actor 2018 and Park Sung Woong won Best Supporting Actor 2018 for his role in this drama.  Here's the link to the article:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/2018-year-in-review-editors-picks/

It was great to see this drama mentioned in Dramabeans editors year's best, since the Dramabeans blog is considered one of the most influential K Drama blogs. This drama was so polarizing among viewers that I find it very heartening to see the critics praise now at the end of the year.

Happy New Year everyone!

• Like 2

On 12/30/2018 at 11:29 PM, kdramaaddict212 said:

I just wanted to give an update for those who pre-ordered the  director's cut of TSHLYE DVD I contacted Yes24 to see when they expect the DVD will be shipped out. They just informed me it usually takes a year to produce so it will come out November 2019! :bawling:

That is just an arbitrary date.  It will take several months but I don't think it will be Nov.  Judging from SKL's similar production timeline, I have a feeling it will be released around July (if without any unexpected delays)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2