Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

10 hours ago, zenya22 said:
  Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

In ep 3, you can really feel Ryo when he says Yuko makes him lose control and his rhythm. The bonding over the burn mark was lovely and emotional. Ryo is a lot more sparing with words, so when he says something like that, you feel he means it, and that he's affected by her. When he teases her in ep 4 and they go for their ramen meal, you just can't help but smile.

Corresponding scenes in remake feel flat and dragged out.

@Aziraphale

Reveal hidden contents

They also changed the other characters perspectives not just Ryo so am not sure where this remake is going. SA is abused by Woo Sang and seems afraid of him while Miwa can't stand Takegashi and is not afraid to show it, says he is after the family/his father's money. Miwa was an only daughter and her family has more wealth than Takegahsi. My thoughts were that if Ryo had Takegashi's credentials, that her family would not be averse in dumping Takegashi. Whereas in here SA's family seems to be dependent on Woo Sang. The mother says that Woo Sang is scary. Miwa's personality had no compunction in getting the gun and firing it. While Sa seems more likely to be killed by Woo Sang who now owns the brewery MY works in. 

And yes that scene between MY and JK to me seems she doth protest too much that he already knows she got her attention but MY seems to exert much effort and is sulky but both of them are. Ryo however does it effortlessly. For now, I will stop watching the remake and re watch the J version. Maybe I will come back to this remake when it is all done. 

Spoiler

I think I know what they're trying to do. They're trying not to make MY look too bad. By making everyone else obnoxious or idiotic, if and when things go wrong (for example, if SA commits suicide), there will be other factors contributing to it, so it won't be just MY's fault. SA just seems like she's ready to collapse at this point, which -_-. I dislike Miwa, but at least she had a bit of spine when it came to Kashiwagi. I agree with you that if Ryo were richer like Kashiwagi, then Miwa's family might not have objected.

I'm just skimming the remake, but even then it couldn't keep my interest. I find KMY really boring, and it's worse how they make him talk SO MUCH. When you babble, you give away everything. There is just no subtlety about this remake. MY has to spend so much effort just to make JK talk to him and yes, her protests are annoying because she then just comes off as fake. That push pull sexual tension that was evident in Ryo and Yuko from the beginning is nonexistent here. The leading pair in the remake just don't have that chemistry, their back and forth feels flat and forced, and it doesn't help that Seo In-guk keeps squinting when he's annoyed or angry or smirking - he's just squinting.

The cat motif just doesn't work for me. I love cats, and that ginger baby is the cutest, but it does not work well here, unlike the caged bird. Also, Shibasaki Kou does a much better job at being obsessive. 

Edit: it's a good idea to just skip the remake and rewatch the J-drama. I rewatched bits myself and really liked discovering new things about it.

Who is the actress playing that goth girl who likes KMY? She looks like she's playing truant from school instead of being creepy. What's with her seeing Yoo Jae-myung?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Hi guys! I've been a silent lurker for a long time who finally decided (and had the guts) to show up in this thread. I still haven't seen the 1st episode coz I'm having a hard time focusing on important tasks whenever I wait for a new episode lol.

Spoiler

More than that, my heart's not quite prepared to get broken again since I've also seen the original series and I just hope not. I only watched few clips from tvN's official youtube channel and compared some snippets from the original. Ryo's charm is quite manlier and more devious than Mooyoung but I can never say that KimuTaku's version is better than SIG's MY since this is just an adaptation. The story line might be quite different so MY's personality was probably create to adapt to the Kdrama version.

I also saw Fukatsu Eri in Jung So min that's why I'm very happy for casting her as the main lady lead.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

@alivingparadox24 Welcome! That's good that you finally joined here instead of just lurking^^. So are you planning to watch it or just wait for when all the episodes are out? 

On the 10th episode I guess (hopefully)? I don't think I can wait that long enough :D 

• Like 4

I hv not watched the Jap version, better not know as its much more exciting to follow this drama with more suspense 

... both cld well be twins seperated during the fire? The 3 very naturally are drawn to each other.. KMJ may have some recollections or witnessed n knew what actually happened? 

This eps hinted YJG is hiding some "guilt" of YJK's past, probably cause of fire.. and may be the reason why KMY is stalking both YJG and YJK?

The questions KMJ posed to YJG on "killings" makes me ponder.

• Like 3

Okay, so YJK is not detective sister? just please do not tell me that she is  Moo Young's sister!:tired:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Oh!

i'm shocked!! with this :tears:

Spoiler

On 10/12/2018 at 11:43 AM, OksanaS said:

Okay, so YJK is not detective sister? just please do not tell me that she is  Moo Young's sister!:tired:

Spoiler

and I guess further with this thought.. oh my mind..
after watch EP4 with sub. MY and JK, they talk about in the past when they are kids. Above comment is possible of.....

And thinking of this scenario.The drama poster is make sense!

I feel now so so so sad T_T with these three OTP.
so sad by not know or not yet open episode final of jap. version..

oh boy...  T_T

• Like 2

@Aziraphale 

I know its a re-make but that doesn't mean everything has to be the same. I saw the Jap ver and Ryo's character was manipulating,he used to use others and when he fulfilled his desires he used to find a way to get rid of them. You cannot guess what his next move will be.

But here MY is an immature and "I am just time-passing" types. He is totally different from Ryo. I can understand why the writers didn't make MY's char like Ryo cause that eill be too dark.

The interactions between Ryo and the FL was different and MY and Jk's interactions are different too and I like it.

I think you trying to find Ryo in MY and same goes for the FL 

Just look this K-ver in a fresh way without comparing it to the J-ver.

I am liking the flow of the K-ver and they are sticking to their characters from Ep1 to Ep4.

It will be disappointing if MY suddenly turns dark like Ryo bcause his char is different from him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@alivingparadox24 I was just like you in the beginning, I told myself, okay, I'll just have a peek of episode 1 and then now ended up watching it all and while I'm regretting doing so, I'm enjoying it...the torture of waiting and waiting is just ..ugh.  I can't -_-

And now, I don't think I will be able to continue any of my ongoing dramas. I can't seem to find myself finishing them because this drama has been on my mind every day..ha ha ... what did this drama do to me? :blush:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, screwdila said:

@Aziraphale 

I know its a re-make but that doesn't mean everything has to be the same. I saw the Jap ver and Ryo's character was manipulating,he used to use others and when he fulfilled his desires he used to find a way to get rid of them. You cannot guess what his next move will be.

But here MY is an immature and "I am just time-passing" types. He is totally different from Ryo. I can understand why the writers didn't make MY's char like Ryo cause that eill be too dark.

The interactions between Ryo and the FL was different and MY and Jk's interactions are different too and I like it.

I am liking the flow of the K-ver and they are sticking to their characters from Ep1 to Ep4.

It will be disappointing if MY suddenly turns dark like Ryo bcause his char is different from him.

My thoughts exactly! Even tho I've also watched the original one, I really really like this remake, it's like I'm watching just another drama. You can never really enjoy this unless you see it from a fresh perspective (to those who've watched the original^^} and you can never really appreciate how great this is. I totally love the way it was written, it's like you are repeating something you've done before but this time you are doing it differently  :yum:

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Aziraphale said:

Spoiler

I think I know what they're trying to do. They're trying not to make MY look too bad. By making everyone else obnoxious or idiotic, if and when things go wrong (for example, if SA commits suicide), there will be other factors contributing to it, so it won't be just MY's fault. S

Spoiler

I thought so too, that they end game is about having a happy ending which ruins the viewing for me. So me.... am out .... enjoy the rest of the drama 

• Like 1

I'm trying to not look at spoilers from the Jdrama, I don't want to see them honestly. Like I said before I watched the first episode of the Jdrama back a year or two ago and did not continue it. I don't really remember it all that well and I will never go back to that version. When I see posting "Jdrama", I keep on going and avoid it. I don't mind like minor spoilers (Ex: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, the hairpin appearing in the K-Version was also in the C-Version) but huge spoilers, that's a big NO NO! Because I almost did see a huge spoiler but it came with a warning in time before I saw it. And some of ya'll aren't even trying to hide it either.

I think people who have seen the J-Version, should just stop talking about it. JUST STOP. It's already been said that the K-Version is entirely different from the J-Version. Or it's more like I do not mind people talking about how they feel about both versions (like which do you like more) but if you're spoiling what happens, that's when you need to stop. Now after the show is over then I probably wouldn't mind knowing what happened in the J-Version but as of now I don't want to know anything at all. Enough is enough, I don't want to see anything else about it. I don't want to leave this forum but I will if this continues. There are people who don't want to be spoiled so please respect that. Besides this forum is about the K-Version not the J-Version.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, camichi said:

Jullia.... I am already muked up..Japanese version blablablabla, japaaneses ....version...tatatatatat, japanese... version.... yeyeyeye.

When each episode starts you can read based in  japanese version, PD are not saying that it will be the same . 

My sentiments exactly :( According to google dictionary, adaptation also means “alteration” or “remodelling” thus this Kdrama version is a remodelling of the original version and does not exactly need to follow the original. The producers also have to consider a lot of factors (eg viewership, setting) that may affect the plot that’s why it’s very inevitable to change some things to make the interpretation possible. It’s ok to compare the characters from the orig but I don’t think it’s really necessary to criticize the portrayal of k-version actors. As I’ve said from my previous post, there must be a reason why their personalities where made that way. As for the chemistry, I think JSM and SIG sizzle onscreen, I don’t know about y’all. If their chemistry does not work for you, it’s fine. We all have our own preferences. But then again, I don’t think criticism will make the convo better. Let’s do our best to make this thread peaceful and less toxic for everyone.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, screwdila said:

@screwdila Thank you very much for wrote this :wub:

• Like 3

I am so curious about the Doctor...OMG when Tattoo Girl said him that she won't say anything to him in order he not to write another book. It seems that this Doctor will be an important piece in this story. Tattoo girl said that she wanted to kill him and her mother and said that he ruined her life, i was like omo, omo. What with this Doctor. Is like he is experimenting with his patients , he is not giving her any medication and this girl really need it. 

About MY, i can't understand why he continue dating  that girl. maybe he really likes twisting others life to get fun? because at the beginning i thought he was using her as a bridge to approach JK so, i can't understand his intention with her.   ballerina crazy rabbit     suddenly i think MY is the murder and 2 mn after i think tattoo girl is the murder, OMG

• Like 4

Liking the drama so far! I'm just not liking seung ah and could care less about her story she's quite annoying hope to see less of her. She's had more screen time than anybody else!!! Otherwise loving the rest of the interaction of the characters- the main leads, the bro sis bond, the bro and his colleagues at work esp the lady!! She's so funny!! 

I have a question though in episode 1 after the event when she goes back to work jin kang had a picture with mooyoung in it and looked at it yet she doesn't know who he is what's that all about? Why does she have that picture?

Hoping for more jin kang and moo young scenes in the next episodes. Never seen the Japanese version but I know the ending:tears: so I'm hoping it does get changed in this version.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, camichi said:

I am so curious about the Doctor...OMG when Tattoo Girl said him that she won't say anything to him in order he not to write another book. It seems that this Doctor will be an important piece in this story. Tattoo girl said that she wanted to kill him and her mother and said that he ruined her life, i was like omo, omo. What with this Doctor. Is like he is experimenting with his patients , he is not giving her any medication and this girl really need it. 

@camichi sorry for cutting your post.
me too curious about the doctor.

RzbzJXI.png
 xNbtRE4.jpg

also im curious about this

VRHLCZS.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Brrr. I got to say this is one creepy thriller. I’m at the edge of my seat. SIG is playing his part beautifully. 

1. Sociopath or Normal guy with trauma? Not to sure yet. But he definitely made me uncomfortable in the beginning. Brrr...When he and the friend offered to take her to the house, warning lights flashed before my eyes..

2. The heroine (JSM) is what all heroines should be....Love this character. She’s one complex character ie.naive, but not. She’s full of contradictions, and this what I find interesting. She is the ‘hero’s salvation? Maybe, maybe not. The writers created her character to be a lot more complex. Wahoo! 

3. The bro/sis relationship is great fun to watch. Like their dynamic. 

4. The side characters are fun to watch too. 

So, no complaints here so far truth be told..but brr...:flushed: 

• Like 8

^ I don't know which rule they broke,and don't want to know. I know alot of people who watched the J-ver but still enjoying the K-ver.

I love both Kimura Takuya and SIG. Their chars were written according to what suits them the best.

The writers could have made MY like Ryo and could have used the same dialogues between MY and JK which were used in the interactions of Ryo and the FL and I would be like "Ok, I know what they are gonna say next" or "Kimura Takuya looked better saying that than SIG".In this version they used different dialogues,characters and scenes which helps me not to compare and is quite interesting.

For example in this version they added the character of the doctor which was not there in the J-ver,which will ofcourse make the viewers curious what is his role in this.

You too have a nice day :)

• Like 6

Okay, so I just wanna comment on how Moo Young acts differently with Jin Kang because 
their chemistry is just jjang! 

When he is with JK, I feel like I'm watching a different character because he is so different.
I somehow tend to forget that he can be creepy and suspicious at times. He is himself when he's with her. He is also somewhat on JK's side when he said that Seung Ah didn't even apologize to her after the slap incident and that the order is so wrong, Seung Ah should apologize first and that the mom should have slapped her daughter, then the boyfriend. And when JK said because Seung Ah is precious to her mom, MY said, "What about you? You're not precious?" I also like that scene where he took a hesitant step towards her after she was slapped. He is so honest with her about his past life, compared to when he lied to Seung Ah about his parents. No wonder Yu Ri was so jealous about that fact because MY never opened to anyone about his private life,  but to JK, he tends to say it all, be free, reckless, genuine. He even called the cat Yoo Jin Kang, why did he?^^ Ha ha, I wouldn't want anyone to use my name for a pet, if i were JK :D.

Clearly, he is just playing with Seung Ah and until now I don't know his real motive on approaching her. He might not intentionally wanna target JK but she seems to be a challenge to him, that's why he keeps getting closer to her. 

About Jin Kang, too, I think there is more to her than she looks. She's a very likeable character but somehow I feel like there is more that we don't know about her yet, despite her being smiley all the time and carefree.

About the older brother, I like how he really adores and loves Jin Kang. He wants to secure JK's future that he even went and asked for a good time for her to get married. JK might not be his real sister but he really cares a lot about her. He's brother goals! 

And oohh, episode 5's preview is getting interesting, Seung Ah is now even proposing to run away. What would MY say? And that ending of the preview, MY telling JK for them to date, things are gonna get complicated next week! I'm pretty sure she might reprimand him or not take him seriously. Because is MY even genuinely telling her that or was he just testing her? Can't wait! Palli, palli Wednesday and Thursday! ! !

P.S. I love the ending song, "Yellow" by Coldplay. It's nostalgic :blush:

• Like 9