Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

29 minutes ago, mimisl123 said:

Can someone PM me the link to the webtoon with English Translations? :)

Check mangarock beta

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone, wow I am late in here...but just the same I am so glad I have you and all your beautiful and wonderful comments on this awemazing show.  I am glad I gave this a try and now enjoying prettily this wonderful drama.  One I love CEW, he is the next best thing I swear!  Next i love the story kinna brave to tackle  a very somehow sensitive topic of plastic surgery.  and I love the family matters, I love the parents of both of them, relatable.  

Here's a video of CEW singing the OST... Gosh his voice is silky, soft and angelic just like his face!  He is more than pretty face, he is a very talented, very polite, he is intelligent, he can speak decent English, basic Japanese and Chines, can play the piano, guitar and violin.  Wow such an interesting person!  

He is the next big star I swear!

• Like 12

5 hours ago, susieunnie said:

@athena22 I harsh forgot to breathe during this scene... gosh it was intense and I wanted them to get together so bad but knew it wasn't the right point in the drama yet!! I can't imagine what I will do when that moment comes.. I'm probably going to scream from happiness LOL

Spoiler

tumblr_pef0tjxn3q1vqlkb3o1_540.gif

tumblr_pef0tjxn3q1vqlkb3o3_540.giftumblr_pef0tjxn3q1vqlkb3o2_540.giftumblr_pef0tjxn3q1vqlkb3o4_540.gif

AT LAST,IT HAS ENDED THIS WAY.

This week's episode was intense. I felt so bad when i saw mi rae crying in rain.

• Like 3
  • Sad 12

@darr @volturi987 @amisyka77  I wanted to share a video with you. 

I’m not a big kpop fan either but I did know of Astro from the time they debuted. I watched their promo mini drama To Be Continued and liked their first album but after that I did not pay attention to them till now. I’ve been watching Astro videos too since the drama started. This one broke my heart and touches upon what you guys are talking about. It was back in 2016 not long after they debuted. 

The kpop pop industry is very harsh with the amount of work these people have to put into  preparing for their albums and  promotions and from what I’ve read and seen, the Korean  companies use them to make as much money as they can without caring about their welfare. They sign contracts with kids and it’s written so they take almost all the profit. The idols perform  when they’re sick, they sometimes work in dangerous conditions , they can be overworked and exhausted. it’s worse for the most popular members because they end being the face of the group and have to appear on variety shows, MC, model, act, etc.

I hope Fantagio doesn’t just think of him as a money making machine and picks his projects wisely. He wants his group to be successful not just himself. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 6

so far I like this drama and the slow burn in the romance. the climax is ep 11-12 and the rain scene is probably my most favorite is terms of the romance.

ratings have picked up and there's still so much to cover that is hope there's an extension for this drama so our otp gets a good amount of moments and other characters stories can be told too.

4 more episodes is not enough, I need more romance and kisses haha

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, kodomonojikan said:

@darr @volturi987 @amisyka77  I wanted to share a video with you. 

I’m not a big kpop fan either but I did know of Astro from the time they debuted. I watched their promo mini drama To Be Continued and liked their first album but after that I did not pay attention to them till now. I’ve been watching Astro videos too since the drama started. This one broke my heart and touches upon what you guys are talking about. It was back in 2016 not long after they debuted. 

The kpop pop industry is very harsh with the amount of work these people have to put into  preparing for their albums and  promotions and from what I’ve read and seen, the Korean  companies use them to make as much money as they can without caring about their welfare. They sign contracts with kids and it’s written so they take almost all the profit. The idols perform  when they’re sick, they sometimes work in dangerous conditions , they can be overworked and exhausted. it’s worse for the most popular members because they end being the face of the group and have to appear on variety shows, MC, model, act, etc.

I hope Fantagio doesn’t just think of him as a money making machine and picks his projects wisely. He wants his group to be successful not just himself. 

I saw that video awhile back and it still breaks my heart to see it again. CEW is so pure and has to work hard to promote ASTRO because management deems him as the visual/face of the group. He is young and has so much pressure to do well, prove there is much more to him than good looks (and there is!! He is so talented in so many areas), and to help his group succeed. He dreams to be a great actor and will have to keep acting and taking projects to fulfill this personal dream, but I'm sure he also wants to continue the kpop journey with his group too. I've watched many of their vlogs and they all seem to have a great relationship with each other (like brothers, pretty much) and I'd hate for this to be disrupted because of his acting career/new found success. I saw that he cried in one of their recent concerts (poor baby) and they mentioned that they were happy to be performing as a group of 6 again at the INK concert (I know CEW had to skip at least one concert because of the drama). I hope he stays healthy physically and mentally! He truly is a beautiful person inside and outside and I do want to continue to keep an eye on him as he grows in the entertainment industry.

@athena22 yaaahhhh her cries felt so real.. like she was completely helpless and was going through a breakup before a relationship even started. If only KS saw her then to see how in how much pain she is in, and that it was no easy decision to not be with him!! I hope there will be no more heartache coming up.. They deserve happiness and we deserve to witness it too :P I'll even take fancams/photos to satisfy my craving for now hehe

• Like 10

chingus annyeong... mianhe, wasn't able to watch the live broadcast last night.. arrived home past mid night... anyhow, i really enjoyed episode 12... i have also completed up to 68th chapter of the english translated webtoon... 

• Like 7

Do you know that before this drama, I thought Iim soon hyang  did plastic surgery:lol: 

Watched her last family drama and she looks so flawless. She is very beautiful. They chose well but I'm always uncomfortable when the age gap is too much. Cos it restricts cute moments. I'm not surprised they are drawing up scenes to  cover up the much anticipated lovey dovey which should have occurred by now. 

CEW is sometimes in awkward position but MR is helping him out so he can be at ease. Its not easy for him actually.  

I pray production company stop casting actors with big age difference as love interests

They are never comfortable with it. Their potentials as love interests are always under utilised. We want  cute,cute moments. Viewers are mad:D

Director, do something:lol:

I put off watching till they start dating. Watched few clips. 

• Like 3

Yup...been watching CEW YouTube vids ...he does seem like a real sweetie...but yes there is am overemphasis on his looks but I guess it can be surreal when you see someone like him...

interesting to have him in this  drama about external appearance and the prejudice that comes with it..hopefully by acting in this drama...it may help him process other emotions that he might have encountered in his life as an entertainer and being a "face genius",good that the sunbaes in this drama seem like a good bunch to work with.

im so hyang is a real charmer.

kwak dy is also really good in this....saw him in mdbc

waiting for Friday.....once more

• Like 10

5 hours ago, volturi987 said:

If WY believes that “every guy likes a beautiful girl” because that is reality. Most people start to like something because it is beautiful, which is basic instinct as the drama perceived it in the movie scene where people are drawn to look at beautiful things. I myself is guilty of this because I tend to see the outer appearance before I see what’s really inside may it be an object or a person. This is why I loved this drama it has a lot of things in it that would make you ponder and has a lot of lie lessons to learn aside from giving our eyes a beautiful and handsome OTP. I was half-hearted If I will start watching this drama because I doubted CEW acting ability but he did not disappoint me. I am so glad I watched it. :D 

I used to find it so strange when I watch Asian shows or read Asian manga, manhwa etc that good looking people are practically worshipped. When I was growing up, my friends and I were generally distrustful of good looking and popular guys in particular because there was that stigma that they’re conceited, cheaters, and basically up to no good. :sweatingbullets: Of course that was an unfair generalization but it was a starting point to be wary of them and their motives. So, when I watch this show, I admit it’s foreign to me to understand why these characters make such a big deal out of good looking people.

Most people to me aren’t ugly or unattractive. For instance, I see nothing wrong with Tae Hee. Sure she has some weight on but I think one day she will find someone (who might even be good looking by society’s standards) who is drawn to her personality and who she is as a person. I thought the senior who expressed some interest in her would be that person but even he was swayed by Soo-Ah’s beauty especially after she showed him a little fake interest. I know that very handsome people can be drawn to people that are less attractive because I’ve seen couples like that. So I think in reality there are lots of people out there who are not just drawn by appearance. 

I do have a big problem with the way the guys get away with criticizing the girls. They aren’t exactly eye candy and I wish someone would point that out but instead what the girls do is defend themselves and neglect offense. It would have been tit for tat for me. They would have been made fully aware of their shortcomings in appearance as well. Perhaps it would have done them good to ponder on their own physical appearance to prevent them from criticizing the girls again.

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, darr said:

Do you know that before this drama, I thought Iim soon hyang  did plastic surgery:lol: 

Watched her last family drama and she looks so flawless. She is very beautiful. They chose well but I'm always uncomfortable when the age gap is too much. Cos it restricts cute moments. I'm not surprised they are drawing up scenes to  cover up the much anticipated lovey dovey which should have occurred by now. 

CEW is sometimes in awkward position but MR is helping him out so he can be at ease. Its not easy for him actually.  

I pray production company stop casting actors with big age difference as love interests

They are never comfortable with it. Their potentials as love interests are always under utilised. We want  cute,cute moments. Viewers are mad:D

I think she did something to her face.  But she was quite pretty already looking at her school photo.

PS is something common in SK so I am quite perplexed why SK people are still skeptical or talk bad about it. I myself wont do it but I dont condemn ppl who did it as long as it doesn't harm you. 

Like what the drama is pointing out - being a pretty face or ugly doesn't define you as a person. Your personality and how you treat other ppl make who you are. 

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, darr said:

I actually dont agree with you because at first CEW did seem uncomfortable, but he switched real fast because ISH made the environment more comfortable for him.

Even though their age gap is 7 years i feel like they have so much chemistry..

the tension in their scenes is so hot. It's impossible to have that kind of tension if you have zero chemistry..

I am looking forward to their romantic scenes and im just really praying their kiss will be a good one, so i can watch it a few 100 times:blush:

also regarding CEW and astro

Spoiler

years ago when i was a diehard kpop fan i made a blogpost about the marketing strategy of entertainment companies mainly in korea. I understand that everyone in the group has a certain role and image but i am against the visual/ the face of the group title. 

Because every group that had one member heavely pushed to "promote" the group has failed.. Companies that not only rely on the face of the group but each members personal talents succeeds in one way or another..

for example Suzy and Miss A they had so much potential JYP mainly focused on Suzy group disbanded 

Hyuna and 4minute from the start they put so much promotion towards hyuna that ppl always said hyuna and her back up dancers...

Beyonce and destiny's child and so on and so forth. 

i really hope fantiago will put more effort in pushing the other members of the group rather than just pushing CEW.. because if his group fails i feel like he will feel like he failed in his role while it is actually the companies fault.

and also this marketing strategy really doesn't promote friendship in the teams..

• Like 14

52 minutes ago, darr said:

I have to disagree with this big age gap couple casting.. Coz I have seen some best noona and donsaeng couples offscreen and  onscreen as well!! Everyone is awkward at first when they start to work but gradually jell up.. It isn't abt age!!.. I guess for good actors it doesn't take time to make chemistry work.. CEW n ISH r doing fab job in that. The tension n eyelocks n everything gave been just soo perfect!! 

• Like 10

7 hours ago, soesje said:

My korean is also not on that level yet but it seems like they are talking about the rain scene.

After watching yesterdays episode i feel so sad, i felt every emotion of MR in my heart..

I wonder at what time KS started developing romantic feelings for MR, if he was always attracted to her and it blossomed after meeting her again... Because we all could tell at what time he started showing her he is interested..

In the rain scene he said that he already told MR that he is not interested in SA, but when did he actually tell her...:confused:

Hi, new to the forum.

I could be wrong on this but maybe it was when they were locked in the room and he said he didn't like /or interested in pretty girls. Since SA is considered pretty and knowing how MR thinks that could be him telling her 'he isn't interested in SA'. Thoughts?

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, sakuno1 said:

Hi, new to the forum.

I could be wrong on this but maybe it was when they were locked in the room and he said he didn't like /or interested in pretty girls. Since SA is considered pretty and knowing how MR thinks that could be him telling her 'he isn't interested in SA'. Thoughts?

Welcome to the forum :blush:

You are right i completely forgot he said that.. that must be it.. i was so confused for the longest about this part 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, soesje said:

I actually dont agree with you because at first CEW did seem uncomfortable, but he switched real fast because ISH made the environment more comfortable for him.

the tension in their scenes is so hot. It's impossible to have that kind of tension if you have zero chemistry..

I am looking forward to their romantic scenes and im just really praying their kiss will be a good one, so i can watch it a few 100 times:blush:

also regarding CEW and astro

Hide contents

years ago when i was a diehard kpop fan i made a blogpost about the marketing strategy of entertainment companies mainly in korea. I understand that everyone in the group has a certain role and image but i am against the visual/ the face of the group title. 

Because every group that had one member heavely pushed to "promote" the group has failed.. Companies that not only rely on the face of the group but each members personal talents succeeds in one way or another..

for example Suzy and Miss A they had so much potential JYP mainly focused on Suzy group disbanded 

Hyuna and 4minute from the start they put so much promotion towards hyuna that ppl always said hyuna and her back up dancers...

Beyonce and destiny's child and so on and so forth. 

i really hope fantiago will put more effort in pushing the other members of the group rather than just pushing CEW.. because if his group fails i feel like he will feel like he failed in his role while it is actually the companies fault.

and also this marketing strategy really doesn't promote friendship in the teams..

Exactly my thoughts. They should always be as a team so the pressure won’t be shouldered by 1 or 2 members. If their group fails the one promoting it might feel that he/she failed the group.

I watched Astro’s episode in Idol Party and I felt bad when the hosts kept on focusing just on CEW even gave him special treatment in the limbo rock game. Don’t get me wrong he’s my favorite in the group but I could feel that he is uncomfortable with the treatment and attention the MCs were giving him probably because he feels bad for the other members. I am just glad that they have a good relationship in their group but we can’t really tell how they truly feel. 

Kpop industry is one fierce industry. Idols train as young as 11 years old or even younger. Some of them give up their good schooling years without the assurance of their success in the path that they chose. They train for very long years before they can debut. They have to follow so many rigid rules. Honestly they are missing to enjoy their teenage stage. Then even after debut they don’t earn much yet since most of the profits go to their company to compensate the expenses during their trainee days. They are overworked, exhausted. Most of them live in dorms so they are away from their family. They can’t do so many things that they want to do. At the end of the day there are so many idol groups the industry is very saturated that’s why the competition is so hard. These young people are being treated as a commodity of the businessmen running each entertainment company. Hopefully, they start changing this trend to avoid these young people who started to dream big but most of them end up having depressions. 

I really admire the dedication and perseverance of these idols. As most of them are at an age where they can already be my children I feel bad that they can’t enjoy their young years to the fullest. I just wonder how their parents feel as they witness the hardships of their children.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, soesje said:

Dear, u can switch fast in doing anything with a good co actor but not Lovey dovey scenes. It's hard for those within the same age limit not to talk of wide age gap. From goblin to so many of them, it's always awkward, and the directors limit the love scenes as much as possible. 

Watch variety shows and see them air their thoughts especially the senior ones when they found themselves in such scenarios. 

Some of them will go as far as apologizing to the older ones before hand. It's not something  they cherish doing honestly but it's always part of the drama.

Of course I said they have good chemistry, unless u havent read my posts about them before

Watched them in knowing brothers. Good chemistry is different from doing love scenes. 

CEW will later tell us what he did before and after filming love scenes with her.  U know, his friends and idol brothers will tease him.

I'm yet to see actors with wide age gap engage in steamy love scenes in drama especially if it involves young age like CEW. 

I watched an episode of happy together where a young actress had a love scenes with ISH. It was actually a dream come true for her. There was a bed scene. But according to her, the  director removed that part completely to shield her even though it was small bed scene. Nobody saw the bed scene in that drama. The kiss was light too. That's as far as they can go. 

Do u want people to roast them alive?:D

Korea is not USA where almost everything is accepted in the name of drama. Images matters a lot to them and they try to protect it while acting out their various roles in dramas.

39 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

I think she did something to her face.  But she was quite pretty already looking at her school photo.

PS is something common in SK so I am quite perplexed why SK people are still skeptical or talk bad about it. I myself wont do it but I dont condemn ppl who did it as long as it doesn't harm you. 

Like what the drama is pointing out - being a pretty face or ugly doesn't define you as a person. Your personality and how you treat other ppl make who you are. 

Wont she be uncomfortable had she done something to her face?

She may be naturally beautiful.

There are beautiful ones out their with no alterations .

I watched and fall in love with her in lovers in bloom.

Such a beauty. If she actually did, then she is a very strong character honestly. And her cry scenes thugs the heart.

• Like 4

Since waiting for next Friday is crazy long i decided to watch Criminal Mind (ISH segment- episode 6 - 7 to be exact), and Bloom Breeze....Oh boy...ISH can act evil and crazy very well - she's crazy good.

• Like 5

The kiss I hate the most in Kdramas is the opened eyed, lips not moving kiss like the one from Miss Hammurabi which was a recent JTBC drama.  I didn't watch it so I'm not criticizing the drama.  People said it was appropriate because it's not a romance but a law drama but I don't understand why kdramas continue to use this type of kiss.  Like seriously who would do that in real life?  It's become my pet peeve.  Miss Hammurabi stars Kim Myung Soo aka L who is an idol and was the visual of his group but he's older now.  This was the one and only kiss so it worries me that this is all we'll get for KS and MR.  I would rather they share a quick 1second peck on the lips or a kiss to the forehead than hold a kiss where the lips are just partially touching for 15 seconds. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
  • Thanks 1