Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Hide and Seek, 숨바꼭질

I just finished ep 1 and 2 and I'm prepared for the long ride.  48 episodes. Crushing for SCU at the moment. Life's like that ya know..hehe.

I like both the leads. They're good with this type of drama. I've watched both their previous drama though I'm not active in those drama threads.

CH  was adopted from orphanage. That halmoni ( who I want to strangle.. I mean really) treats her like rag. They were looking for  girl to adopt so they can transfer bad luck to her... but red strings of fate was cut.. CH is feisty. I like she didn't want to get adopted so she ran but the words from secy of that halmoni inflamed her so so instead, she wanted to be the one to get adopted.  Meanwhile SA who was sick  was kidnapped but wasn't returned to the police. As  flashback shows,  PJ ( the guy in prison) took her while playing hide and seek with young DH - who's now a lawyer- I think he's determined to look for Soo Ah.  They 'll probably end up together in this drama..

And CH well, should we be be surprised if we find out she's the heiress for Taesan group? She's adopted. We don't know who are her parents. But you know how  kdrama works with longer episodes. And of EH,  the cold silent type. We haven't even seen his  flashback. His mother left him with gangster father who abuses him. Again it's  long drama so all of these characters will tie in with one or the other. I won't be surprised if the father had something to do  or even had a part with SA disappearance or something like that.

• Like 7

The secretary wanted ChaeRin to be adopted by her boss. She knew how to push ChaeRin's button. It was a skillful manipulation to make the confident young ChaeRin did her bidding.

Wonder what is the secretary agenda?

• Like 8

13 hours ago, mizkorea said:

The secretary wanted ChaeRin to be adopted by her boss. She knew how to push ChaeRin's button. It was a skillful manipulation to make the confident young ChaeRin did her bidding.

Wonder what is the secretary agenda?

@mizkorea and other chingus. Maybe shoe she knows something about her past. About her family? I mean  they probably did a background check before adopting her.  How do you see the secretary? I thought she was good to CH but she didn't even helped her when CH was dragged to the mental hospital.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, jongski said:

@mizkorea and other chingus. Maybe shoe know something about her past. About her family? I mean  they probably did a background check before adopting her.  How do you see the secretary? I thought she was good to CH but she didn't even helped her when CH was dragged to the mental hospital.

What if the secretary's loyalty is not completely genuine? There were theories thrown about here that she might be CR's mother. To elaborate on that suppose the sec. who has been with evil granny for years fell for someone and got pregnant and the granny made her give up the baby. So when she was asked to find a orphan for adoption she found a chance to bring her daughter back. She knew where the baby was all this time. I know no mother would put her child through what CR has gone through but if she started developing hate and bitterness for the granny she could have wanted her daughter to inherit everything as revenge. And for that if she had to put her daughter through hard life she may feel it was a better option then the orphanage....at least she will be rich and accomplished. Another thing suppose the father is grannies son...then the whole theory becomes even more probable. She might feel CR has more right to inherit than SH. So she's been playing the long game all this time to gain total power over the granny.

Anyways....maybe I'm just thinking too much....I haven't even watched the episodes...just some EH and CR scenes. But from the comments I read here many seem to think the Sec. has been helping CR in a twisted kind of way. That's what gave rise to this theory in my head.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dito said:

Another thing suppose the father is grannies son...then the whole theory becomes even more probable. She might feel CR has more right to inherit than SH. 

This theory you can throw it out of the window dear... Granny's children is the wife (the sometimes half insane woman) not the son..... Hence why the Son In Law has no say in a lot of the matter at home.... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

By the way, does anyone know if there will be new episodes today...?? I can't find anywhere that says it is postpone... Well, i can't read nor speak Korean, so my online search can only goes so far........

• Like 3

On 8/31/2018 at 6:09 AM, Lmangla said:

"let me introduce her" is not being aired this weekend due to asian games it seems. any idea of this drama which is also in the time slot?

Sadly "Hide and Seek" is not aired today for same reason.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1220877wpp/tv-schedule-changes-due-3rd-week-coverage-2018-asian-games

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Saja La said:

This theory you can throw it out of the window dear... Granny's children is the wife (the sometimes half insane woman) not the son..... Hence why the Son In Law has no say in a lot of the matter at home.... 

lol ..I did not know that....but can not throw out the theory yet....do we really know she had no son...only daughter....has it been made clear in the drama?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dito said:

lol ..I did not know that....but can not throw out the theory yet....do we really know she had no son...only daughter....has it been made clear in the drama?

It's a long drama so anything's possible . If for theories, chingus saying CR could be the real heiress. I'm thinking... of Taesan group.  But probably not because... bozzo ( we'll call him that dimwitted arrogant grrrchaebol). But again.. it's a long drama, if you're familiar with makjang and all that.. anything's possible.

By the way...I want to repost again what  bozzo JS is like because.....omg  seriously...:wacko:

"moron" ...yes! "

he' s not a bad person"  he is!

"pathetic character you can't hate".  Hell,  I don't even feel sorry for him!

he's empty" more like his brain is empty!

Spoiler

munjaesang.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@dito @jongski   As theories go, Chae Rin being Butler Kim's daughter it maybe possible but she put her daughter through hell. It seems she does have a soft spot for Chae Rin but sometimes she seems so cold. Butler Kim is quite confusing character. I hope the writer gives us reason why Butler Kim is so loyal to her boss. 

@jongski.. I was thinking Chae Rin also has a past. In her character synopsis, we heard she has three secrets. I am dying to find out what it is.  I never considered her to be secret Taesan Group heir but maybe she will be the succesor if Granpa decided to adopt her. Anything is possible , he purposely wanted her for her sassiness and brain since his own son is worhtless. I think once he finds out his own son stole money from him and is also growing the shlush fund anything can happen. I don't even think Mu Jae Sang will ever sleep with Chae Rin since he is so obssesed with his mistress who know everything that he is doing. Mu Jae Sang seems to only think with his you know what and wishes that he can take the company from his father. He doesn't even know the meaning of loyalty or love in his vocabulary. 

Annyeong @yamiyugi   So glad to see you here and hope you are feeling better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@jongski.. I was thinking Chae Rin also has a past. In her character synopsis, we heard she has three secrets. I am dying to find out what it is. 

@UnniSarah

Not so much three secrets but that she was adopted 3 times and returned each time to the orphanage.

So three failed adoptions before Grandma came shopping for a SA substitute.

They were supposed to have been painful experiences for her.

Kind of makes one wonder if the previous failed adoptions had anything to do with the young CR's strong character.

She most certainly didn't think much of lining up in the orphanage director's office to be perused by potential adoptive parents.

Well, 'lucky' her, thanks to the fortune teller telling Grandma that she'll have to keep CR around for darling SA to return, she wasn't yet again returned to the orphanage a fourth time round after SA got kidnapped and went missing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@UnniSarah ~ just a request; I love colours too (my use of blue font! hahahhah) but I am finding it difficult to read that kind of black background with pink in it. so a better combination? or no black highlights?

@ggry ~ these 3 failed adoptions were in the character descriptions but was it mentioned in the orphanage scenes or any of bad grandmother's scoldings?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

@ggry ~ these 3 failed adoptions were in the character descriptions but was it mentioned in the orphanage scenes or any of bad grandmother's scoldings?

@Lmangla

So far, just in the character descriptions.

Some dramas have really short descriptions for the main characters, but H&S happens to have rather extensive ones.

For all we know, young CR might have been as hopeful as any other orphan in the past, but after 3 failed adoptions, became really bitter about the whole thing. All the same, 3 failures is kind of unusual.

Since we're not allowed to consecutive posts... 
Here's why EH and CR make a 'Wham-Bam' couple (CR version) --

A2IMQxo.jpg

In the absence of any eps this week, here's a 'commercial break' --

q1QyYvX.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

MBC has released a ton of stills from the EH-CR scene on the bridge --

4qY5mrr.jpg

lhhiYuT.jpg

u1N6yTY.jpg

5 more

Spoiler

ElTeZHI.jpg

PLyCGzg.jpg

yCkuebn.jpg

SD2LUf8.jpg

lTnj656.jpg

3 more...

Spoiler

dQMZdg4.jpg

eL98JWn.jpg

d01ovex.jpg

Another 3 more...

Spoiler

OdNyaJM.jpg

nAKf8Wz.jpg

zW6XgsY.jpg

Another 5 more...

Spoiler

VKJip7J.jpg

PjR1lTz.jpg

NYlZaac.jpg

A7HdN25.jpg

U0aMcUE.jpg

Final 5...

Spoiler

z4uUk2q.jpg

mZWBeE7.jpg

2Cadqb3.jpg

IkwFAdH.jpg

DM0uK0w.jpg

• Like 7

@ggry Thanks!  the tension between them. I need more EH x CR. The feisty CR with cold silent EH.  Episodes 3&4 I hope this weekend.

• Like 5