Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Witch's Love, 마녀의 사랑

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

I dont know seeing a girl you just kiss getting her face rub by someone else at night I mean what is he suppose to think here?I mean she didnt call which isn't her fault since she was sick and all but from his perspective it looked bad.

I can understand why he was upset but I felt the way he spoke to her was condescending in the way he ordered her to come to him. I reasoned that his character was someone who is used to ordering ppl around so it was rather subconscious to him. I do love that in episode 8, instead of looking down at her for not graduating middle school, he was so empathetic and sweet to her, so in all ST is still a good person at heart. Hence I firmly believe that he is the destined one ;)

• Like 5

Kyaa, I love ep 8

~~~~~~~

#sorry I can't help it :wub:

Theories & thoughts about ep 8 #spoilers#

My theory is, when a guy falls in love with a witch & "kiss" her, some of her power might transferred to them, thus the 1st & 2nd ML seem to be having power on ep 8.

On ep 8, Cho hong thinks that Sung Tae is not his fated man but she accept him as he is & follow what her heart tells, I love that, because love is not something that you can control, that's why it's called you fell in love, well done show!

However, I think Sung Tae is really her fated man as she glows more as her relationship with Sung Tae gets deeper, but I love the fact that it isn't clear if he really is or isn't, it's more thrilling this way <333

Even if he isn't, it's okay because Cho Hong already aware of it & accept the risk completely & I like that.

I'm #teamBrad btw, died when Alan Delon being mentioned X'D

What I like about Sung Tae:
even if his attitude doesn't always right, he learned his mistake, reflect to himself & apologize accordingly. I like that he acts like any adults would do, honest with his feeling & mark his own words, keeping his value, he is mature & wise. Him & Cho Hong complement each other, together they become the better person.

• Like 7

This drama is a real HOOT! I'm loving the witches, Sung Tae & his driver. :D

I watch this because of Hyun Woo and I'm on Team Sung Tae. I know that many viewers denounce him as cold and arrogant. But we need to understand that he's had a traumatic childhood and is deemed "crazy" by people in his social circle. But we can see that he's slowly thawing with Cho Hong's influence. Love conquers all. :blush:

The storyline is unique and refreshing and the 2 halmonies are super cute. But our OTP is the BEST!:heart:  

• Like 8

@Plummpychanthanks for the pictures! Looking forward to petty jealousy hahaha. I went to the Instagram page link to take a look at Hyun Woo’s pictures out of curiosity. Aannddd to my surprise I saw a picture of his bod and OMG he is really built! Maybe it was from a while ago since he looked really skinny now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gladys57 said:

This drama is a real HOOT! I'm loving the witches, Sung Tae & his driver. :D

I watch this because of Hyun Woo and I'm on Team Sung Tae. I know that many viewers denounce him as cold and arrogant. But we need to understand that he's had a traumatic childhood and is deemed "crazy" by people in his social circle. But we can see that he's slowly thawing with Cho Hong's influence. Love conquers all. :blush:

The storyline is unique and refreshing and the 2 halmonies are super cute. But our OTP is the BEST!:heart:  

You are not alone. I prefer MST because despite his cold and harsh behavior, he is much more straightforward than the writer. I als0 think that he is her fated man. They are trying to make us doubt, however

- Both were shown meeting 25 years ago

- They are linked with the dagger. Remember, MST was stabbed with a dagger and just before CH went to meet that witch, she cut herself with the dagger on her finger. In my opinion, they are now bound by blood through the dagger. Finally, her flower is at the same spot, where MST was stabbed.

- When MST saw her "flower" flashing, the flickering symbolized the state of his feeling for CH. MST wasn't really sure of his feelings for her...

- Finally, CH regained her power much later and not right after the kiss of HJW either. In my opinion, it was during the time MST was waiting for her at the restaurant. He was looking forward for her... As conclusion, once MST's love for CH got deep and real, she regained her power.

That's the reason why he asked his secretary to find everything about her. It shows that he wanted to know her. When he got aware of her sad childhood, he was deeply moved. And that's the reason why MST is much better than HJW. It took him less time to realize his own feelings and once he was sure of this, he wanted to get to know her. On the other hand HJW saw her helping him many times and even after meeting her later, it took him 2 years to realize his own feelings. On the other hand, he never tried to discover her real situation: lonely, without any high educational background aso.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ohsh said:

@Plummpychanthanks for the pictures! Looking forward to petty jealousy hahaha. I went to the Instagram page link to take a look at Hyun Woo’s pictures out of curiosity. Aannddd to my surprise I saw a picture of his bod and OMG he is really built! Maybe it was from a while ago since he looked really skinny now.

Happy to share @Ohsh ^^

Lol, yes petty jealousy contest here we go x)))

Do you mean this one? :phew:

Spoiler

#nosebleeds :D

Actually I'm quite surprised too when I saw it, the last time I saw his drama was when he acted as Kang Tae Yang on Wolgyesu Tailor Shop but I don't think he was that well built.

Those pic/videos was taken during his shoot for family drama Bravo My Life last year, his role was an actor for action drama maybe that's why, who'd hv known there's a body like that behind his cute face? Teehee :wub:

I don't normally fall for a cute looking guy, but there's something about Hyun woo that pulls me in (most probably because of his puppy eyes & those sexy timbre in his voice ) :P

Tbh, am screening all of his scene on Bravo My Life just to fulfill my daily/(weekly?) dose of him, damn I think I'm smitten :sweatingbullets:

#Mod, please let me know if posting such pics is not allowed & I'll edit them#

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@Plummpychan Yes that! 

He looks rather skinny in his shirts and no fan service shower scene (yet) so I had assumed he had nothing much to show off, so imagined my surprise when I saw his pics. Maybe it doesn’t suit ST’s strait laced character...

I don’t find him traditionally handsome but he does have a wonderful voice.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Ohsh said:

@Plummpychan Yes that! 

He looks rather skinny in his shirts and no fan service shower scene (yet) so I had assumed he had nothing much to show off, so imagined my surprise when I saw his pics. Maybe it doesn’t suit ST’s strait laced character...

I don’t find him traditionally handsome but he does have a wonderful voice.

Yes, he does look more well built sometimes around end of last year than Sung Tae's right now so I don't think he still has it, lol

Yeah most probably because it doesn't suit ST character

Spoiler

That makes me wonder how some actors seems to be able to gain or loosing their weight in such a short period of time as if it was nothing :huh:, dedication, I guess?

Anyway, back to the topic, I'm curious as well as to why there seems no story/development about Sung Tae's actress friend anymore? I like her character & find her story more interesting than the 2nd male lead story actually. With them only having 12 ep in total I wonder if her story being cut just like that :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

I find it touching and sad that ST looked like he couldn’t believe it when CH forgave and accept him for all his mistakes and flaws, like when he misunderstood her about the stood up date and especially when he confessed to her about snooping into the soup restaurant and her family. Which comes back to why I find this couple so well matched - they both made choices to stand by each other despite of circumstances which was the idea behind the fated man in the first place. So maybe the show is trying to make the point that there is no really such thing as fatedness, but love is a choice so whoever she and he chooses in the end will be the fated one.

@Plummpychan I liked the actress story too, I thought it had a lot of potential but sadly we don’t see it anymore. I found it sweet that ST is so kind to her despite that she was the daughe of the servant. He helped her get the scoop for filming of the soup restaurant right? (I assumed he did, was I wrong?). 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Ohsh said:

Plummpychan I liked the actress story too, I thought it had a lot of potential but sadly we don’t see it anymore. I found it sweet that ST is so kind to her despite that she was the daughe of the servant. He helped her get the scoop for filming of the soup restaurant right? (I assumed he did, was I wrong?).

Yup, exactly, you're right, that's why I find her character's arc was much more compelling to develop because they revealed our lead's character depth & show us that behind Sung Tae's cold, guarded & distant outside, he had a warm & caring heart.

7 hours ago, Ohsh said:

they both made choices to stand by each other despite of circumstances which was the idea behind the fated man in the first place. So maybe the show is trying to make the point that there is no really such thing as fatedness, but love is a choice so whoever she and he chooses in the end will be the fated one.

This! Thank you for pointing that out, I seconded every words, I love to see that they stand above themselves & choose to follow their heart over their current circumstances shd have led them to.

Tbh, I'm quite surprise that I find the writer's insight is much better than I expected them to be for this lighthearted drama, probably that's why I'm in love with this show :wub:

• Like 6

I just love the fact that our OTP (to me it is ST & CH) are honest with each other which is very REFRESHING indeed. Let's hope they keep communicating with each other and not go the noble idiocy way when problems crop up! :D

As both ST & CH haven't dated before, I hope to see some of their cute dating scenes. It'd be a joy to watch ST fumbling about what to do on their dates and I expect CH to TAKE THE LEAD!:blush:

I just have to hilight that hilarious scene between ST & his personal assistant on that morning before he left for China. ST was adorably jealous and annoyed with him for his comment on CH. Who says Hyun Woo can't act?:wub:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Plummpychan said:

Yup, exactly, you're right, that's why I find her character's arc was much more compelling to develop because they revealed our lead's character depth & show us that behind Sung Tae's cold, guarded & distant outside, he had a warm & caring heart.

This! Thank you for pointing that out, I seconded every words, I love to see that they stand above themselves & choose to follow their heart over their current circumstances shd have led them to.

Tbh, I'm quite surprise that I find the writer's insight is much better than I expected them to be for this lighthearted drama, probably that's why I'm in love with this show :wub:

Sorry to jump in...but I was surprised and delighted too by how good the writing has been.....continuously avoiding the usual pitfalls which are so common in kdramas romcoms. I'm watching another romcom right now...and despite a better plot than this show...it has been constantly disappointing me with the lazy writing. This show, on the other hand, brings a smile to my face with each episode by how the writer has chosen to make her characters feel so fresh despite looking like the usual k drama leads. I'm constantly surprised at how the characters react and what they say in the situation they find themselves in. Thats why I'm so addicted to this show, too. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, dito said:

Sorry to jump in...but I was surprised and delighted too by how good the writing has been.....continuously avoiding the usual pitfalls which are so common in kdramas romcoms. I'm watching another romcom right now...and despite a better plot than this show...it has been constantly disappointing me with the lazy writing. This show, on the other hand, brings a smile to my face with each episode by how the writer has chosen to make her characters feel so fresh despite looking like the usual k drama leads. I'm constantly surprised at how the characters react and what they say in the situation they find themselves in. Thats why I'm so addicted to this show, too. 

Yes yes, there's something about this show indeed that even when there is this other drama which I loved & found was a well made one with a better plot, this one manage to win me over & made me addicted, excited & hyped, lol, they gave me butterflies & surprisingly refreshing to watch.

9 hours ago, gladys57 said:

It'd be a joy to watch ST fumbling about what to do on their dates and I expect CH to TAKE THE LEAD!:blush:

This! Actually this kind of scene was tailored made for Hyun Woo (ppl who watched Wolgyesu Tailor/Bravo my life will know) :D

Hope the writer won't be wasting their opportunity for such cute dating scenes :P

• Like 4

@Plummpychan, it was from Wolgyesu Tailor that I discovered Hyun Woo and love him! He was super adorable as part of the Ah Choo couple!:D

I hope the writer will show us how our stoic and clueless ST can thaw with the help of our cheeky and spunky CH on their dating scenes. CH sure has the genes of the Brat team halmoni! :blush:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks to the recommendations from the chingus here I went to check out clips of Hyun Woo in Wolgyesu Tailors. He gave such different vibes in that show and his chemistry with Seyoung was great too. I think he matches well with spunky female leads. I watched a little of his appearance in Happy Together with the other couples from Tailor and his real life persona was so shy and boyish, and he laughed easily. I think I haven’t even seen him laugh once in Witches! Now I get what @gladys57 mean by him being clueless and adorable on dates.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ohsh said:

Thanks to the recommendations from the chingus here I went to check out clips of Hyun Woo in Wolgyesu Tailors. He gave such different vibes in that show and his chemistry with Seyoung was great too. I think he matches well with spunky female leads. I watched a little of his appearance in Happy Together with the other couples from Tailor and his real life persona was so shy and boyish, and he laughed easily. I think I haven’t even seen him laugh once in Witches! Now I get what @gladys57 mean by him being clueless and adorable on dates.

@Ohsh you should finish Wolgyesu Tailors as Hyun Woo's character's interraction with his mum-in-law (that actress is always good as the super rich and snobbish mum-in-law) is super hilarious too besides his chemistry with Seyoung. :D

Just cant wait for our CH & ST 's cute moments as CH is the PERFECT antidote to open up ST and help him overcome his tsundere behaviour much to his personal assistant surprise of course! :blush:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gladys57 said:

@Plummpychan, it was from Wolgyesu Tailor that I discovered Hyun Woo and love him! He was super adorable as part of the Ah Choo couple!:D

I hope the writer will show us how our stoic and clueless ST can thaw with the help of our cheeky and spunky CH on their dating scenes. CH sure has the genes of the Brat team halmoni! :blush:

Right2?  I love him since Wolgyesu Tailor too & even loved AhChoo couple more than the main couple there, although for me Ahchoo couple were consisted of 3 ppl, Kang Tae Yang (Hyun Woo), Min Hyo Won (Lee Se Yeong) & his mother in law, lol. Seriously, his MIL is the cutest MIL I've ever encountered in kdramaland.

@Ohsh I watched their part on Happy together & was shipping them both in real life at that time, it's cute to see him being all shy & Se Yeong being all cool, haha.

Anw, when the grannies mentioned Alain Delon on the last ep I was curious to see how does he looks like & just randomly search for him & Dang!!

Spoiler

The-Rake-Alain-Delon-01-1200x800.jpg

No wonder the granny called him Oppa! :w00t:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The 2 halmonies are also interesting characters in this cute drama too.

Their pillow fight scene over their "oppas" is simply hilarious and very creative!:D

@Plummpychan thanks for your pix of Alain Delon! I may not be as old as that 90 yr old halmoni but being a grandma of 2, Alain Delon was also my OPPA during his heydays! Heeee! Pls keep posting pix of Hyun Woo as he's our main actor here. I'm not into instagram. :blush:

Cant wait for the next episode to see team Brad halmoni's ex-boyfriend appearance and his impact on her and the older halmoni! :wub:

• Like 4

Hi @Plummpychanand @gladys57! Yes I intend to watch Tailors after Witch as I don’t want to be tempted to jump ship. Also want to maintain his image of ST in my mind, since his character in Tailor is too different. 

• Like 3