Quantcast
campbell33

Should I get back together with my ex?

I’m really on a crossroads right now. My friends are telling me to move on from my ex but I can’t find the will in me to let go of her. We had a really good relationship but it ended abruptly. It was in a steady pace and next thing I know we’re over. She said she’s tired and I’m not good for her anymore. She said I was toxic and that we’re over. Three of years of being together. Three years of loving each other. I really saw a future with her. It wasn’t really love at first sight but when I saw her in that singles latin tour, I immediately felt a sense of home in her. I don’t know if I should get back together with her or move on for good.

• Like 1

Firstly, getting back together requires both people to agree to get back together. Does she want to? She said you were "toxic"? That does not sound good.

Secondly, you need to ask yourself "why did we break up?" and think through whether this is something you guys can work together to "fix"/compromise so that your relationship will be stronger and better in the future. There is no point going back if neither of you are going to work harder to make it work and the problem remains.

Sometimes, you just need to remember that it didn't work out the first time for a reason.

Also, your close friends are usually a trustworthy point of advice at these times as they are usually the next most familiar with your situation after yourself, and their advice is sometimes the more objective and healthier point of view (it's hard to see objectively when you're the main character!).

It is normal to "sense a home" with someone who you've been dating for a bit but don't let this delude you. It is human nature to be scared of change/ the unknown if you were to let go. It may appear like three years is so long now but it can also be seen as it has only been three years. It's nothing compared to the rest of your life! You wouldn't want to waste any more time on someone who isn't the right one for you as it's stopping you from meeting the right one and spending more time with that person.

You need to choose whichever road that you believe you will regret less. No one can make this decision for you.

On 4/25/2018 at 9:04 AM, campbell33 said:

I’m really on a crossroads right now. My friends are telling me to move on from my ex but I can’t find the will in me to let go of her. We had a really good relationship but it ended abruptly. It was in a steady pace and next thing I know we’re over. She said she’s tired and I’m not good for her anymore. She said I was toxic and that we’re over. Three of years of being together. Three years of loving each other. I really saw a future with her. It wasn’t really love at first sight but when I saw her in that singles latin tour, I immediately felt a sense of home in her. I don’t know if I should get back together with her or move on for good.

how old are you? you are too serious.. to think about home with a girl. you need to :

1. having a steady permanent job. with a good of fortune

2. preparing yourself for an endless war and fight lols

you are a man!! move on. make a lot of fortune and everything will come to you including a very beautiful girlfriend.. :heart:

She says you're toxic and no good for her anymore so you're going to have to think about what that means.

Doesn't matter if you had great times for 3 years. People change. Circumstances change. 

If she's the forgiving type maybe she'll give you a second chance if you can work out your issues but I wouldn't bet on it.

So sorry to hear your heartbreaking relationship. I think you need to move on and make a new stories of your life without her.