Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] I'm a mother too, 나도 엄마야

HJ and his new woman should NOT have baby  just doing their job and making money

TW 's living in the nice house with good food but LONELY..we don't know what he will do in his future if continuing in that jail !!!

• Like 2

Gotcha know the direction its starting to head now and hoping I am right.  When the family were completely up in arms about baby brothers relationship despite older brothers protests and tantrums he did listen to the younger brother even if he didnt agree with him he felt guilty for loosing his trust and not being their for him when he was needed.

I can see that now, Jenny and the Doctor carry some weight with their opinions they both know the ex-wife and Jenny has had a horribly past, she is currrently living with her mum but scared of what will happen to Tae if he doesnt meet her.

As for the potential step mother i can see the engagement being cancelled.  I am an emotive thinker and nothing irritates me more is when someone tries to justify my reasoning with logic.   Its how i feel, its irrational, doesnt make sense, doesnt have to make sense its just how i feel.  Same as with Tae all these emotions and being bombarded with granparents,  tension, marriage, divorce, step mother, isolation away from mother all builds up.  Sure dont get me wrong structure is important as are rules and boundaries I wish i had more logic and reasoning around me as a child.  But I cant thrive that way.

So the father is starting to bend and be flexible here and listen to others which is good, I am curious thou how it goes against the gran parents thou.  

Damn I am two for two, i just saw the preview for tomorrows episode and it wasnt a boarding school it was ship him off completely to his mothers.......LOL  Good way to really p**** him off..   Looks like something must change as he does meet with the ex and he is loosing creditibility with his son.  He already is talking back to grandma, told dad outright he hates him and tomorrow doesnt want to listen to anything he has to say.....so needless to say tae is making his presence felt in this situation.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, fragglerock said:

He is thinking things through thats been said to him, especially today when the doctor steps in as well as jenny pleading as well.

The only thing left is for him to finally, for once, tell his parents off. Even threaten to leave the house with TW if they keep up with the nastiness. I would like to see a big tell off to Mrs Shin so she can be made to see her culpability.

• Like 3

kekek... so my view is counter to that of the thread...so I actually get the shin's concerns as well as the counter views. so their concern is based on kyung shin's past actions and how much she hurt them. (almost to the point of killing the old man, putting SH in jail etc).. so they haven't gotten to see how far kyung shin has changed and so see her as a presence as a danger to tae woong. now, there are parents who are frankly not of good influence and there are situations where the government itself removes the child from custody. so they are seeing it as that kind of situation. at the same time, I also get the counter view of jenny, hye rim, SH and ji young where they are saying that we need to take the interest of the child as well. note that none of them have talked about tae woong living with kyung shin. they are actually only willing to consider limited visitation rights only because tae woong really wants it.

hyun joon really needed to hear other perspectives which jenny and hye rim provided. both their views were from the perspective of the concern of the child. jenny by being honest gave hyun joon the perspective of what it was like for a child to grow up with that kind of hurt and that really melted his hearts as she was so earnest and obvious that she genuinely cares for her younger brother. hye rim gives a clinical view of development issues that can arise. even SH's perspective was great in showing even in troubled parent-child relationships, it can be difficult to break the bond.

the reason that shins are so against it is because they really haven't had a chance to get to know the new kyung shin and see her as a grave danger to tae woong. if I haven't seen the episodes myself, I would have rolled my eyes at reading that kyung shin has changed because it seemed like a such an impossibility. the writer, the actress and the PD have done a great job in making the changes feel authentic as well as genuine. often, when people hurt us, we really have a tough time giving that person another chance because we never saw the changes for ourselves and so we are armed ready to wage war because we feel the need to protect ourselves.

kyung shin has really changed in that she is actually respecting hyun joon for the first time in years. she respected hyun joon enough to try get his permission to meet tae woong instead of trying to meet him on the sly (which I actually was expecting her to do). before even when he told her not to do something, she simply went behind his back and accomplished it. here, even when ji young tells her that it is okay to meet tae woong, she decides not to as it is not per hyun joon's wishes. I was surprised that she didn't jump at the opportunity to open a shop in SH dept store and I liked how kyung shin handled herself with dignity -- it was a great mixture of pride, regret as well as wry acknowledgement of her own past actions.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

the reason that shins are so against it is because they really haven't had a chance to get to know the new kyung shin and see her as a grave danger to tae woong.

The problem is the old goats are so close minded they are not listening to anyone even when they are told KS has changed. It is not about them anymore. it is about their grandson and his emotional health. They don't seem to care at this point about anything but their pride and reputation. Even JY came to them and pleaded on TW's behalf and they still seem to think the only solution is to get a step mom. Speaking from experience, no matter how loving and caring a step mom may be, she cannot replace a child's real mother. A good step mom realizes this fact and tries to foster a friendly relationship with the real mother so they can both act in the best interests of the child mutually.

I know I sound like a broken record on this, I will be sorely disappointed if the elder Shins are not made to suffer some consequences for fostering and nurturing the monster KS. I would really like to see HJ move out of that house with TW so that he can be free to be a good father to his son and let his son visit his mother.

• Like 3

@rolisrntex~ a lot depends on whether one believes that people can and do change. if you believe that a leopard never changes its spot, then you are more likely to be wary then to be accepting no? also, if you are of the once bitten, twice shy types, it can be very difficult to hear that someone has changed because you just don't believe it. (am a bit like that. :sweatingbullets: )... that said, while I don't expect some drastic punishment types for the shins at this stage, it would be nice if they understood the role they played in kyung shin's journey and how their rejections impacted her insecurity and increased her greed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

if you believe that a leopard never changes its spot, then you are more likely to be wary then to be accepting no? also, if you are of the once bitten, twice shy types, it can be very difficult to hear that someone has changed because you just don't believe it.

I hear you and I understand. I tend to give folks a couple of chances after being burned but I do have a threshold that once crossed, I burn the bridge. Too bad we will be traveling for the last two episodes and will probably miss them until we get back on Friday. I have really enjoyed the post prison story more than the rest of it. This drama these last few weeks has not been afraid to address these touchy subjects.

I'm just of the opinion that parents should have final say over the welfare of their children (provided they are good parents) and grand parents even though they may disagree should bite their tongues and be quiet. I also believe (from experience as a child myself) grand parents and even parents should not bad mouth the other party in front of the child. It really does harm the child and builds resentment. The Shins are about to find this out. We already see TW disrespecting his grand mother because his memories of earlier confrontations are in his psyche.

• Like 3

Written Preview Episode 122:

"KS (Woo Hee-jin) who received a letter from Tae-woong (Kim Min-joon) from Jenny (Pak Garam) shed tears in the contents of the letter. Meanwhile, Eugene (Yeonmiju) makes a shocking suggestion to Hyun Joon (Park Jun-hyuk) about Taewoong's parenting style ..."

Well College Junior has just lost herself a potential husband and first love by the end of this episode. Her suggesting that TW go to live with his mom is good but we know the real reason is because she realizes that TW will not like her and she does not want him interfering in the relationship between her and HJ. I was waiting on her to either suggest shipping him off to boarding school or to his mother and she will not fail me. 

HJ walking out on her will make her mad as we can see in the video preview. His coming back to say its over will really upset her. She was "this close" to getting HJ who she always liked but her actions killed things for herself. Of course she will not see it that way as she thinks her views on the parenting of TW is correct. She moved too fast with the help of his parents and crossed too many lines. This last suggestion will kill it completely for her. I can't see her being a good fit for this family anyway since they do not value their DIL's and only really see them as someone to fetch and carry and baby makers. MIL would be pushing her right off the bat to have a baby after the wedding. 

Its about time that HJ stopped thinking of himself and his feelings and started listening to others and what they are saying about TW and his emotional state. TW is the one who needs the most care now.  As his father regardless of what he feels about KS he can never say she was not a good mother to the boy or a good wife to him for years. 

• Like 3

Watched the live feed.....

Spoiler

The wedding is off of course. It seems it was a mutual parting of the ways. And yes Yu Jin suggested either letting TW live with his mother or send him to boarding school in the States. That was what prompted HJ to storm out. She got furious after calling JY and threw the wine glass. I'm not sure what JY said to her but she didn't like it.

HJ finally did it....

Told his family the wedding is off and he broke things off with Yu Jin. He also told them he has decided to let TW have visitation with his mom. Of course the elders protested especially the filthy mouthed Mrs. Shin. He told them they can be against it if they want to but he has already made the decision and it is final.

A couple of good scenes also...

HJ met with KS and informed her he was going to let her see TW twice a month. He said he was doing it only because so many people spoke up for her even his brother. Although Jenny going to him and begging on her knees to not to make TW grow up without a mother like she did was the biggest factor. 

KS went home and asked Jenny about meeting HJ then hugged her and told her she loved her.

The episode ended with HJ dropping TW off to KS and Jenny and KS and TW hugging and crying.

Looks like from the preview Mrs Shin keeps up her nastiness toward KS.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mrs Shin hates KS and she is too set in her ways to change anyway. 

Spoiler

KS needs to do something drastic like saving the 3rd grandchild. Maybe that will soften her a bit. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mizkorea said:

Mrs Shin hates KS and she is too set in her ways to change anyway. 

Reveal hidden contents

or maybe she can save hyun joon from some thugs? ^_^

P.S ~ will probably end up watching another daily... anything interesting? what are folks watching?

• Like 2

Have scrolled through the episode without subtitles and everything finally came to a head like I expected.  He did need to put his foot down with his parents its for tae's sake and Jenny was right, she had been abandoned wrongly and she was lucky to find people who care about her and look out for her, give her that strength back again and you can see the bond a mother makes with the child is strong.  Her mother coaxed her into suicide made her despise her but now they are living together and looking out for each other.  It maybe drama land but the bond with family can make or break.

It will be time for healing Tae also needs to be told the truth maybe not exactly what his mother had been done but she needs to tell Tae they were not wrong that she did make mistakes and its okay for them to be angry at her for that.  But I think this will be start of the healing.

I am wondering if that other guy throwing up is due to his wife being pregnant again.  I am hoping its nothing more serious than that.

I will be suprised if the cold hearted witch is gone that easily thou, it seems to be very layed out there with no repercussions in drama land there is ALWAYS repercussions......LOL  

The preview indicates changes within the other family as well grandparents coming to see her and internal conflict.  Be interesting to know there is only a couple of episodes left now.  But even without the subtitles i was tearing up a mother son reunion, he went through so much pain and his dad who is nice natured was being hated.  If he continued Tae would never of forgiven him for it.

• Like 3

kyung shin's problem earlier was to not be content and appreciate what she does have and always overshoot -- so wonder how her greed instinct is going to play out here.. will she content to just have visitation rights with tae woong? will she be able to tell tae woong that she went to jail?

• Like 2

Okay watched the subtitled version, the main thing that is different between parents and family is the bond.  You can say something is unforgivable or your not ready to forgive but if you have a child involved it is not healthy for the child if you stay that way.  You either have to move past it faster or keep it away from the child.  He is not a heartless father I would like to say he would get back together with her some point in the future but i doubt the grandparents will go there.

The reality hit her in the jail cell you could see it in her expression when she realised someone died over what she had done, exacly like she told her ex-husband.   She will be content with visitation but I think everyone has healing to do, she has to explain that jenny is his sister, reassure the grand parents she wants nothing more and explain to tae even if she doesnt tell him she went to jail, she needs to tell him that he should listen to his father there are some things she has done wrong and that he has a right to be angry and not forgive her for it.  Reassure tae and the ex-husband that she has learnt her lesson from all this.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fragglerock said:

He is not a heartless father I would like to say he would get back together with her some point in the future but i doubt the grandparents will go there.

He has already told them to respect his decision about allowing TW to see his mother. You can bet the venomous snake of a grandmother will not let it lie. She is going to dial up the nasty to a new level. I'm curious as to how it will all end up. Two more episodes left.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

Two more episodes left.

only two more? what?? it feels like there is still some story left with kyung shin. hahahaha... so I guess it will end with her just living separately with jenny and seeing tae woong twice a month.... if there were more episodes, maybe there could be a reconciliation but at this point, not enough time? unless there is a time jump?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

unless there is a time jump?

It wouldn't be a SBS drama without a time jump at the end. lol There will probably be one.

As to your previous question about dailys, I'm kind of burned out on them right now. I may give them up for a while. I started watching KBS weekend drama "My Only One" but have soured on that one.  

I think the next ones for me are probably "The Last Empress" and "Fate and Rage".

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

or maybe she can save hyun joon from some thugs? ^_^

P.S ~ will probably end up watching another daily... anything interesting? what are folks watching?

Am watching love to the end in ff mode.  Storywise meh!

But can't resist JH's brooding looks. :D

• Like 3

Wow they pulled it off with these past episodes. It would honestly not have been weird for the last episode to be the first three year time skip with KS in jail and everyone else living happily but they continued on the “what would happen afterwards” whereas other dramas usually end here. We get to see the main antagonist grow and develop and start a completely new story for two more weeks. And I expected it to crash and burn but they pulled it off pretty nicely. Props to the writers and actors involved. Not overtly unrealistic (well all except for TW’s trip to the hospital for a small fall like really?) and I actually enjoyed seeing how someone so despicable could change and repent. Well done and I’m excited to finish off the remaining two episodes with a bang. Nice!

And I’m 99.9% sure HR’s pregnant with her husband being sick. Dramas that have cute couples tend to have the guy be sick rather than the girl when the girl’s pregnant lol. All in all really love how the drama wrapped up. 

I think there will possibly be another time skip at the last episode but really, I think another time skip isn’t really necessary tbh.

• Like 4