Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Bloody Romance 媚者无疆

Recommended Posts

On 9/14/2018 at 11:02 AM, rhaps said:

I also prefer him as a common guy. Perhaps the writers wanted to give him more conflicts, so they gave him a birth secret. Then again, it seemed that they didnt have time and budget to explore his story more. I read in other forum that they should have a scene of him leading his army, but the idea was shut down because it needed a lot of extras, while they only had small budget. Too bad, though.

 

I love that lines too, btw :wub:

Just speculations, so far. Fans have been asking for one, though. Let's just hope that there'll be news about it soon

They indeed are running out of budget in the end and cut some scenes. But the major problem lies in  the script. The writer has expanded too much on Gong Zi 's line. So some of the scenes where Chang An and Xie Ying busied in their cause are cut to preserve Gong Zi's story as they have to make no more than 36 episodes. On top of that thet are running out of time.. The director said it could have been better if they had 20 more days. But they did not plan well. They spent a month shooting the first 4 episodes....

The producer and director said they intend to make season 2. They made success in the production and might want to earn more profit. But I doubt if LI Yitong and Qu Chuxiao will join in. They will have more chances and better quality dramas to shoot, so it is not very likely that they will do. Also, if the season 2 continues to give lriority to Gong Zi, I would rather they do not join in. But I still long to see their cooperation in another drama!! They sais they want to cooperate with each other one more time:)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 9:36 AM, Jackie1048 said:

In the end, Cha Luo sounded like a frustrated spinster with her desire there is death to all lovers.

 

Hah! Prince Ning finally have to hear from Wan Mei herself why she will never choose him. She said that she always felt that Prince Ning see her as a chess piece for his use because Prince Ning told her to get Gui Hua City so that he can return to it one day. His deal with his Emperor brother to give up Gui Hua City for the Generalship. Prince Ning asked why Chang An is different in her eyes when he is doing the same thing as he is (securing a kingship). Wan Mei said that Chang had never forced her to do anything and will have her on his mind in every consideration. Therefore, Chang An out beat Prince Ning for her affections. Another stunned look from Prince Ning. Lastly, Wan Mei said her decision to stay at Gui Hua City and take over the leadership is not for Prince Ning's sake but she did not want the women to suffered under Cha Luo's hands.

 

Xing Feng removed the Blood Gu from Wan Mei therefore her inner strength is greatly reduced. Although Xing Feng did it so she will not be seen as a threat to Cha Luo but Cha Luo did not fall for it. That is why Chang An donated his inner strength to Wan Mei to defeat Cha Luo. He told her that she was the woman he loved and who he will give up his life for. He told her to stay alive and forbid her to take poison as it was her earlier plan. Chang An told her never turn herself to be another Cha Luo as she is always be Wan Mei (perfect).

 

Based on what I have seen so far, there is a few unfinished business. There was that talk between Prince Ning and Chang An on joining forces to defeat the Liang dynasty. I think it is probably the second time the two men showed their qualification on who is the better man. When Prince Ning told Chang An that he won their fight before and that Chang An said he did not put his best effort in that fight.

 

I must say Chang An practiced great restraint with Wan Mei. He is so proper ... why he did not kiss her? Season 2 a kiss is a must.

 

Emperor brother asked for Yue Ying to be at his side and enter his inner palace. Stupid man just "hired" his brother's spy to his side. Yue Ying probably though she is doing Prince Ning a big favour.

 

I wander whether Prince Ning entering back into that cave of his is to revive Chang An. That pool of blood gu thingy maybe can do such a thing.

 

 

 

hahaha We all are dying for a kiss! Since the novem is too erotic, the author avoided any erotic things in the drama. She also felt regretful for this.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rebecca Zhang said:

They indeed are running out of budget in the end and cut some scenes. But the major problem lies in  the script. The writer has expanded too much on Gong Zi 's line. So some of the scenes where Chang An and Xie Ying busied in their cause are cut to preserve Gong Zi's story as they have to make no more than 36 episodes. On top of that thet are running out of time.. The director said it could have been better if they had 20 more days. But they did not plan well. They spent a month shooting the first 4 episodes....

 

That's too bad. I think fans also realize that there are a lot of things to be improved, like the editing and Chang An's plot. Perhaps if they could do this better, it could get higher rating in Douban. 

 

1 hour ago, Rebecca Zhang said:

 

The producer and director said they intend to make season 2. They made success in the production and might want to earn more profit. But I doubt if LI Yitong and Qu Chuxiao will join in. They will have more chances and better quality dramas to shoot, so it is not very likely that they will do. Also, if the season 2 continues to give lriority to Gong Zi, I would rather they do not join in. But I still long to see their cooperation in another drama!! They sais they want to cooperate with each other one more time:)

 

Is Season 2 confirmed? It's something that fans have been expecting, but without Li Yitong and Qu Chuxiao, then there's no use to make a sequel at all. Seriously. The drama ends with mysteries over Chang An and how strong the love between him and Wan Mei, so of course people expect to see them next. It's better to wait until they are available before making one. IMHO, the strength of this drama lies on the 3 main leads, so they all have to appear together in the sequel

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 9:53 PM, rhaps said:

Thank youu!

 

I've been dying to talk about this drama *lol*. I've watched the raws until the end, then rewatching from the beginning with english subs. It indeed has flaws, some stories are not explored deeply enough. Still, I think that it's a very good show. For a low budget drama with mostly new/unknown casts, I think it's achievements (no of viewers, being sold to foreign countries) are pretty good, isnt it? Please cmiiw. Plus, fans have been asking about the sequel.

 

You know what, I've been reading the weibo using google chrome, so it is auto-translated to English. I kept on reading them saying 'Goodnight couple', and I've been wondering whether it was translation error. So now I know what that means :P . Thanks! Yeah, I really love Chang An - Wan Mei. If only they had more episodes *lol*. I want to see them more, and I think that Chang An's story is not explored well. 

 

Yeah I know, I've read spoilers here and there *lol*. 

 

Btw, where did the author write the happy stories ?? Do you have the link?? Oh I hope I can read them. Thanks a lot!

So am I ! The show has finished now and I don't want it to end!! I'll be more than happy to talk about the drama with other fans. Can't agree more! 

That's interesting! I was wondering the accuracy of Google translation xx. Their interactions are far too few!! Many fans, including me are yearning for more scenes of them. Yes! Chang An's story should be expanded. Gong Zi's story accounts for too much portion. That's a shame.

And some make amazing cuts from other dramas they starred. Have a look and you will definitely love it! https://www.bilibili.com/video/av30715235

As for the happy stories, they are written in Chinese and in the form of picture. But the author has deleted the weibo. I have saved the picture. Can you read? I'll try and translate for you guys. Here are two other stories written by the author: https://www.weibo.com/1940885260/GxNBash1C?type=comment#_rnd1536981713481

Hope that helps!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rhaps said:

That's too bad. I think fans also realize that there are a lot of things to be improved, like the editing and Chang An's plot. Perhaps if they could do this better, it could get higher rating in Douban. 

 

Is Season 2 confirmed? It's something that fans have been expecting, but without Li Yitong and Qu Chuxiao, then there's no use to make a sequel at all. Seriously. The drama ends with mysteries over Chang An and how strong the love between him and Wan Mei, so of course people expect to see them next. It's better to wait until they are available before making one. IMHO, the strength of this drama lies on the 3 main leads, so they all have to appear together in the sequel

 

It was higher on Douban. But the weakened plot from the middle has harmed the score. 

 

No, it has not been confirmed yet. Someone has messaged the director on Weibo, who responded that they will definitely invest a lot of energy and effort to make a sequel. But I’m not certain of the creduality… (the speaker might have lied). I agree with you. I think they will try to keep the same cast but it is not that easy. Even without the three main leads, they will make a sequel regardless of objections from fans. Two years ago I was addicted to Remembering Lichuan. The couple had intense chemistry! Many fans as well as the team(the director, the producer, the main leads) asked for a sequel, since the ending was similarly “open” and sad. But the main leads, for some reason, could not join in (their time cannot fit in). The drama was also adapted by the same author from her novel. She wrote the sequel. But the cast has all been changed. Recently the sequel has been on but fans are all angry and unwilling to watch it. It is weird. It’s better not to have sequel than to have one with different cast. Yes!! They have to appear or I won’t watch it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rebecca Zhang said:

So am I ! The show has finished now and I don't want it to end!! I'll be more than happy to talk about the drama with other fans. Can't agree more! 

That's interesting! I was wondering the accuracy of Google translation xx. Their interactions are far too few!! Many fans, including me are yearning for more scenes of them. Yes! Chang An's story should be expanded. Gong Zi's story accounts for too much portion. That's a shame.

And some make amazing cuts from other dramas they starred. Have a look and you will definitely love it! https://www.bilibili.com/video/av30715235

As for the happy stories, they are written in Chinese and in the form of picture. But the author has deleted the weibo. I have saved the picture. Can you read? I'll try and translate for you guys. Here are two other stories written by the author: https://www.weibo.com/1940885260/GxNBash1C?type=comment#_rnd1536981713481

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot!!

 

I wonder how is BR doing in China? I heard that it has > 2 billion viewers, so I supposed it's doing pretty good?

 

Google translation is ..well..you have to use your imagination to understand *LOL*. It's quite helpful, though ..and it's better than nothing, hahaha

 

2 hours ago, Rebecca Zhang said:

It was higher on Douban. But the weakened plot from the middle has harmed the score. 

 

No, it has not been confirmed yet. Someone has messaged the director on Weibo, who responded that they will definitely invest a lot of energy and effort to make a sequel. But I’m not certain of the creduality… (the speaker might have lied). I agree with you. I think they will try to keep the same cast but it is not that easy. Even without the three main leads, they will make a sequel regardless of objections from fans. Two years ago I was addicted to Remembering Lichuan. The couple had intense chemistry! Many fans as well as the team(the director, the producer, the main leads) asked for a sequel, since the ending was similarly “open” and sad. But the main leads, for some reason, could not join in (their time cannot fit in). The drama was also adapted by the same author from her novel. She wrote the sequel. But the cast has all been changed. Recently the sequel has been on but fans are all angry and unwilling to watch it. It is weird. It’s better not to have sequel than to have one with different cast. Yes!! They have to appear or I won’t watch it!

Awww..that's too bad. 

For the sequel, they have a lot of things to do. Most importantly are to gather the casts and to make a good storyline, because the novel hasnt finished. They should require quite sometime to do that, coz I heard that they need 3 years to write the script of BR (is that true?) . If it's true, then, does that mean we will have a sequel in at at most 3 yrs from now? *lol*. Well, it's better than never..although it's too long :p 

 

Yes, I agree that the plot is weaker from the middle. That's why the main leads are crucial for the sequel, coz their strong acting helped to keep the viewers continued watching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hate these open endings but at least BR's isn't as bad as Princess Agents'. I'm not sure why the scriptwriters and producers take this gamble. Why make only a partial story, hope that it will be well received, then try to figure out how to get the entire cast back together hopefully some time in the future (if ever). That's just crazy and unsatisfying to the fans! 

 

The Eternal Love (with Xing Zhaolin, not Ten MIles...) successfully managed to get their cast back together for the sequel and very quickly too. I think it was bc the cast was young and relatively unknown and not A-List type actors....hopefully BR can make it happen too. The scriptwriters owes Chang An a better storyline and the audience at least a KISS!! :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, where did everyone watch the series? I watched on YouTube w English subs but they weren't that great, some translations were totally wrong or in slang (so funny). Viki will be showing BR starting October 4th and I plan to rewatch with better quality subs. It's free just FYI to all. I cannot let go of BR yet :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, scorpio1m said:

I really hate these open endings but at least BR's isn't as bad as Princess Agents'. I'm not sure why the scriptwriters and producers take this gamble. Why make only a partial story, hope that it will be well received, then try to figure out how to get the entire cast back together hopefully some time in the future (if ever). That's just crazy and unsatisfying to the fans! 

 

The Eternal Love (with Xing Zhaolin, not Ten MIles...) successfully managed to get their cast back together for the sequel and very quickly too. I think it was bc the cast was young and relatively unknown and not A-List type actors....hopefully BR can make it happen too. The scriptwriters owes Chang An a better storyline and the audience at least a KISS!! :P

I heard that the novel consisted of 2 parts. The 1st part ended the same as the drama, while the 2nd part had not finished (it seemed that the author didnt intend to finish it?). I wonder whether that's the reason why BR had an open ending, because they followed the 1st part of the novel and found it hard to finish the story. 

 

Yeah, I also expect Chang An to have a better storyline later. I wonder whether his story is better in the novel. He should focus on his revenge plan toward Chan Luo there.

 

5 hours ago, scorpio1m said:

BTW, where did everyone watch the series? I watched on YouTube w English subs but they weren't that great, some translations were totally wrong or in slang (so funny). Viki will be showing BR starting October 4th and I plan to rewatch with better quality subs. It's free just FYI to all. I cannot let go of BR yet :D

 

I've been watching from youtube and other site, but it seems that site uses the same subtitle. Yes, I'm also planning to rewatch it when it is aired on viiki *lol*. I do feel thankful for the current english subs. I can still enjoy the story, although the detail is sometimes off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope for season 2 too but with the same 3 main cast.  Want to see Wan Mei and Chang An reunited and be together.  Also with better storyline and plot fully filmed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2018 at 3:25 PM, rhaps said:

Thanks a lot!!

 

I wonder how is BR doing in China? I heard that it has > 2 billion viewers, so I supposed it's doing pretty good?

 

Google translation is ..well..you have to use your imagination to understand *LOL*. It's quite helpful, though ..and it's better than nothing, hahaha

 

Awww..that's too bad. 

For the sequel, they have a lot of things to do. Most importantly are to gather the casts and to make a good storyline, because the novel hasnt finished. They should require quite sometime to do that, coz I heard that they need 3 years to write the script of BR (is that true?) . If it's true, then, does that mean we will have a sequel in at at most 3 yrs from now? *lol*. Well, it's better than never..although it's too long :p 

 

Yes, I agree that the plot is weaker from the middle. That's why the main leads are crucial for the sequel, coz their strong acting helped to keep the viewers continued watching. 

There are many dramas in the same period, for summer holiday is a very good period to attract lots of students. Story of Yanxi Palace is the most popular one. Almost all my friends were watching it and it has aroused heated discussion throughout the holiday. Even though those who didn’t watch it knows what happened. It had over 10 billion viewers. Then Ashes of Love is another popular drama. BR doesn’t have famous actors, nor has it been advertised well. So compared to others, it does not have many viewers. But it has earned good reputation, which, however, slides a little from the middle. It is a shame that such a good drama does not win more audience. But I thank myself that I clicked on it and watched it! But still, the record of 2 billion viewers is not bad. I can tell that the producers, directors are satisfied and have profited from the production. They care more for reputation than statistics.

Yeah! The most important thing is to make a good story. Yes, the writer spent 3 years revising the script, since, you know, there are many restrictions (like, the main characters must be kind, can not kill others too much…). I would love to wait, if they could produce high-quality sequel. Like we are all waiting for Sherlock. But if they change the cast, I might probably want to “kill” them!!

Yeah, it is the acting that keep me watching.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, scorpio1m said:

I really hate these open endings but at least BR's isn't as bad as Princess Agents'. I'm not sure why the scriptwriters and producers take this gamble. Why make only a partial story, hope that it will be well received, then try to figure out how to get the entire cast back together hopefully some time in the future (if ever). That's just crazy and unsatisfying to the fans! 

 

The Eternal Love (with Xing Zhaolin, not Ten MIles...) successfully managed to get their cast back together for the sequel and very quickly too. I think it was bc the cast was young and relatively unknown and not A-List type actors....hopefully BR can make it happen too. The scriptwriters owes Chang An a better storyline and the audience at least a KISS!! :P

But the main leads are more known now. They might prefer other dramas that can profit them more. Li Yitong actually is not new. She lowered her price in order to act in the drama. So I think if the story is good, they might probably join in!

 

The scriptwriter also feels regretful that she didn’t write a kiss scene! And she said if she could, she would give them a kiss! I hope she will do so in the sequel hahaha.

14 hours ago, rhaps said:

I heard that the novel consisted of 2 parts. The 1st part ended the same as the drama, while the 2nd part had not finished (it seemed that the author didnt intend to finish it?). I wonder whether that's the reason why BR had an open ending, because they followed the 1st part of the novel and found it hard to finish the story. 

 

Yeah, I also expect Chang An to have a better storyline later. I wonder whether his story is better in the novel. He should focus on his revenge plan toward Chan Luo there.

 

 

I've been watching from youtube and other site, but it seems that site uses the same subtitle. Yes, I'm also planning to rewatch it when it is aired on viiki *lol*. I do feel thankful for the current english subs. I can still enjoy the story, although the detail is sometimes off

The author only wrote the 1st part while the 2nd part was added by others and not recognized by her. Many readers hoped she could finish the story in the drama, but she kept the original ending…… Since she thought a explicit happy ending does not fit the melancholy tone of the drama, she set an implicit happy ending. And I guess this is also because that will leave room for a sequel.

 

I read that the original script went that he arranged everything well before he went back to Guihua City to save Wan Mei. But it was cut and changed because of the limited budget and time. The novel shows his revenge plan. Like, he designed to alienate the relationship between Liu Guang and Cha Luo in order to weaken the latter’s might.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dejun said:

I hope for season 2 too but with the same 3 main cast.  Want to see Wan Mei and Chang An reunited and be together.  Also with better storyline and plot fully filmed.

Me too, especially the part of Wan Mei - Chang An being together :wub: . And I also want to see Chang An's arc vs Gong Zhi, and Yue Ying. Oh I like Yue Ying. I want to see her having a good ending too

 

3 hours ago, Rebecca Zhang said:

There are many dramas in the same period, for summer holiday is a very good period to attract lots of students. Story of Yanxi Palace is the most popular one. Almost all my friends were watching it and it has aroused heated discussion throughout the holiday. Even though those who didn’t watch it knows what happened. It had over 10 billion viewers. Then Ashes of Love is another popular drama. BR doesn’t have famous actors, nor has it been advertised well. So compared to others, it does not have many viewers. But it has earned good reputation, which, however, slides a little from the middle. It is a shame that such a good drama does not win more audience. But I thank myself that I clicked on it and watched it! But still, the record of 2 billion viewers is not bad. I can tell that the producers, directors are satisfied and have profited from the production. They care more for reputation than statistics.

Yeah! The most important thing is to make a good story. Yes, the writer spent 3 years revising the script, since, you know, there are many restrictions (like, the main characters must be kind, can not kill others too much…). I would love to wait, if they could produce high-quality sequel. Like we are all waiting for Sherlock. But if they change the cast, I might probably want to “kill” them!!

Yeah, it is the acting that keep me watching.

I heard that Yanxi has a lot bigger budget than BR. Ashes of Love has well-known leads and a romance theme that is usually loved by many viewers. OTOH, BR is dark and serious. The main guys are unknown, and the budget is low too. Personally, I think that it doesnt look like a drama that will gain a good reputation.

 

I'm happy if the producers and directors are happy with the result, and it is profitable too. I hope that's a good sign for a sequel :D

 

Anyway, what's this condition about the leads have to be kind etc2? Personally, I prefer my leads to be kind..but I dont know that there are restrictions like that.

 

Oh, the acting is great! The 3 main leads are all good, and I particularly love Qu Chuxiao the best.  I always like it when an actor can act quite and calm without being stiff. Chang An is just quiet and calm and cool and ..frustrating because of his not-saying things *LOL*. Still, I watched Rule the World just for his parts :lol:

 

2 hours ago, Rebecca Zhang said:

But the main leads are more known now. They might prefer other dramas that can profit them more. Li Yitong actually is not new. She lowered her price in order to act in the drama. So I think if the story is good, they might probably join in!

 

I think that the producers must increase their salary in the sequel. Personally, I think the producers would wait to see more reaction from the foreign countries. If the response is also good, then they would prepare for the sequel. If the reputation and the story are good, plus the salary increase, then I also believe that the leads will agree to film the sequel.

 

2 hours ago, Rebecca Zhang said:

 

The scriptwriter also feels regretful that she didn’t write a kiss scene! And she said if she could, she would give them a kiss! I hope she will do so in the sequel hahaha.

The author only wrote the 1st part while the 2nd part was added by others and not recognized by her. Many readers hoped she could finish the story in the drama, but she kept the original ending…… Since she thought a explicit happy ending does not fit the melancholy tone of the drama, she set an implicit happy ending. And I guess this is also because that will leave room for a sequel.

 

I read that the original script went that he arranged everything well before he went back to Guihua City to save Wan Mei. But it was cut and changed because of the limited budget and time. The novel shows his revenge plan. Like, he designed to alienate the relationship between Liu Guang and Cha Luo in order to weaken the latter’s might.

Ohh, so the 2nd part is a fanfic. I see . Thankfully, the author herself had confirmed about Chang An's ending

 Otherwise, I wont rewatch it again :P

 

Regarding Liu Guang :

 

 

 


In the drama, isnt it Gong Zhi who made Liu Guang and Cha Luo fought? So it should be Chang An instead??? Is that because of that restriction that the leads should be kind?
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Me too, especially the part of Wan Mei - Chang An being together :wub: . And I also want to see Chang An's arc vs Gong Zhi, and Yue Ying. Oh I like Yue Ying. I want to see her having a good ending too

 

I heard that Yanxi has a lot bigger budget than BR. Ashes of Love has well-known leads and a romance theme that is usually loved by many viewers. OTOH, BR is dark and serious. The main guys are unknown, and the budget is low too. Personally, I think that it doesnt look like a drama that will gain a good reputation.

 

I'm happy if the producers and directors are happy with the result, and it is profitable too. I hope that's a good sign for a sequel :D

 

Anyway, what's this condition about the leads have to be kind etc2? Personally, I prefer my leads to be kind..but I dont know that there are restrictions like that.

 

Oh, the acting is great! The 3 main leads are all good, and I particularly love Qu Chuxiao the best.  I always like it when an actor can act quite and calm without being stiff. Chang An is just quiet and calm and cool and ..frustrating because of his not-saying things *LOL*. Still, I watched Rule the World just for his parts :lol:

 

I think that the producers must increase their salary in the sequel. Personally, I think the producers would wait to see more reaction from the foreign countries. If the response is also good, then they would prepare for the sequel. If the reputation and the story are good, plus the salary increase, then I also believe that the leads will agree to film the sequel.

 

Ohh, so the 2nd part is a fanfic. I see . Thankfully, the author herself had confirmed about Chang An's ending

 Otherwise, I wont rewatch it again :P

 

Regarding Liu Guang :

 

  Hide contents

 


In the drama, isnt it Gong Zhi who made Liu Guang and Cha Luo fought? So it should be Chang An instead??? Is that because of that restriction that the leads should be kind?
 

 

 

Yes, but Yanxi also spent a lot on costume, setting, props instead of on expensive actors. BR should have more advertising! Actually Li Yitong is not unknown. She acted The Legend of the Condor Heroes. And the producer is famous.

Yeah, just that not sure whether they can gather the cast…

The censorship is very strict. That’s why Wan Mei couldn’t kill in the first few missions. Actually she hardly killed anyone in the drama. It is not allowed to set the main leads as cold-hearted killer.

Me tooooo! I love QU best! I particularly love his voice! I wish the author could written more dialogue for him! She responded that she should let him say more… I love to hear him speaking!

Oh, he also acted My Fair Lady. But… I don’t like the leading female role so…

Check out Besides Love Of The Imperial Marriage! He played a part. But his part hasn’t come out.

 

They should have more budget in the sequel given that the drama is a success. I think it is also a good idea to shoot a movie! Although it is sold to 13 countries… is it popular? How is it received in foreign countries?

 

Yes, in the drama, it is Gong Zi whereas in the novel, it is Chang An. I suppose it is because in the drama, Chang An has closer relationship with Liu Guang than in the novel. I mean, he also wants to help her, although his help is also for assisting Wan Mei.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rebecca Zhang said:

 

Yes, but Yanxi also spent a lot on costume, setting, props instead of on expensive actors. BR should have more advertising! Actually Li Yitong is not unknown. She acted The Legend of the Condor Heroes. And the producer is famous.

Yeah, just that not sure whether they can gather the cast…

The censorship is very strict. That’s why Wan Mei couldn’t kill in the first few missions. Actually she hardly killed anyone in the drama. It is not allowed to set the main leads as cold-hearted killer.

 

I see, so that's why she becomes very kind in the drama. If her character is changed, then Chang An should change too, in order to fit into her characters.

 

4 hours ago, Rebecca Zhang said:

 

Me tooooo! I love QU best! I particularly love his voice! I wish the author could written more dialogue for him! She responded that she should let him say more… I love to hear him speaking!

Oh, he also acted My Fair Lady. But… I don’t like the leading female role so…

Check out Besides Love Of The Imperial Marriage! He played a part. But his part hasn’t come out.

I guess everyone loves his voice *LOL*. I'm fine with him not speaking much,  but they just have to give him a better story. I wonder, does the author say anything about his downgrading plot in the 2nd half?

 

I cant watch My Fair Lady coz there's no sub, but I checked some clips and I dont think his character is special there. And his next drama, do you mean Ruyi? I've been waiting for his parts too *LOL*. 

 

4 hours ago, Rebecca Zhang said:

They should have more budget in the sequel given that the drama is a success. I think it is also a good idea to shoot a movie! Although it is sold to 13 countries… is it popular? How is it received in foreign countries?

 

Yes, in the drama, it is Gong Zi whereas in the novel, it is Chang An. I suppose it is because in the drama, Chang An has closer relationship with Liu Guang than in the novel. I mean, he also wants to help her, although his help is also for assisting Wan Mei.

Yes, I've heard that there's also an idea to make the sequel as a movie. It is a lot shorter and easier to make a plot, while it's also easier to gather all the casts back. Then again, I prefer a drama coz it has more episodes and I can have more of them. Well, in the end, it's better to have a sequel instead of none...so if they can only make a movie, what can I say.

 

I dunno why they give Liu Guang a closer relationship w Chang An in the drama. Is she more evil in the novel? I dont hate her in the drama, coz I dont think that she is evil (despite she is trying to seduce Chang An, sigh). Still, I think she still have a heart. Anyway, I dont mind if the writers give this part (making Liu Gang going against Cha Luo) to Gong Zhi, but they should have give Chang An another plot . I guess they made him looking for that No-Word Edict, instead.

 

Anyway, I think all the assasins have a sad background / live that make me doesnt hate them that much. I dont even hate Cha Luo. In fact, I like her story and Xing Feng. They make a nice sad pair, and Xing Feng's feeling toward her in the end is really touching

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rhaps said:

I see, so that's why she becomes very kind in the drama. If her character is changed, then Chang An should change too, in order to fit into her characters.

 

I guess everyone loves his voice *LOL*. I'm fine with him not speaking much,  but they just have to give him a better story. I wonder, does the author say anything about his downgrading plot in the 2nd half?

 

I cant watch My Fair Lady coz there's no sub, but I checked some clips and I dont think his character is special there. And his next drama, do you mean Ruyi? I've been waiting for his parts too *LOL*. 

 

Yes, I've heard that there's also an idea to make the sequel as a movie. It is a lot shorter and easier to make a plot, while it's also easier to gather all the casts back. Then again, I prefer a drama coz it has more episodes and I can have more of them. Well, in the end, it's better to have a sequel instead of none...so if they can only make a movie, what can I say.

 

I dunno why they give Liu Guang a closer relationship w Chang An in the drama. Is she more evil in the novel? I dont hate her in the drama, coz I dont think that she is evil (despite she is trying to seduce Chang An, sigh). Still, I think she still have a heart. Anyway, I dont mind if the writers give this part (making Liu Gang going against Cha Luo) to Gong Zhi, but they should have give Chang An another plot . I guess they made him looking for that No-Word Edict, instead.

 

Anyway, I think all the assasins have a sad background / live that make me doesnt hate them that much. I dont even hate Cha Luo. In fact, I like her story and Xing Feng. They make a nice sad pair, and Xing Feng's feeling toward her in the end is really touching

 

She admitted that it was her fault and should have given him a better story.

 

I also checked some clips but I was not interested in the story. But still, he acted well there. Yeah, Ruyi :)

 

I prefer a drama too! But I just worry that they will add unnecessary scenes to extend the drama, or expand too much on Gong Zi and other minor characters. And a movie is more condensed. They will gain more popular through movies as well!

 

Actually I didn’t read carefully the novel because… you know… lol. She has few scenes in the novel. Hahaha I think that is a trial. She wants to test whether Chang An can resist temptation. I like her since she is pathetic. Yeah, the No-Word Edict part should be expanded.

 

I’m moved by Xing Feng! Cha Luo… She killed my Chang An!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rebecca Zhang said:

She admitted that it was her fault and should have given him a better story.

 

I also checked some clips but I was not interested in the story. But still, he acted well there. Yeah, Ruyi :)

 

I prefer a drama too! But I just worry that they will add unnecessary scenes to extend the drama, or expand too much on Gong Zi and other minor characters. And a movie is more condensed. They will gain more popular through movies as well!

 

Thanks!

 

I read other forums and some people expressed the same worries. Yes, now is the days when dramas have a lot of episodes, in order to have more profit (pls cmiiw). They usually end up inserting fillers or unnecessary (romance?) stories of the supporting leads , and that could ruin the enjoyment of watching the drama as a whole. I also dont wish BR sequel to be like that. Better they make a movie, if they cant come up with a good plot. Still, can I have at least 15-20 episodes of drama series? It's better than just a 2-3 hours movie 

 

2 hours ago, Rebecca Zhang said:

 

Actually I didn’t read carefully the novel because… you know… lol. She has few scenes in the novel. Hahaha I think that is a trial. She wants to test whether Chang An can resist temptation. I like her since she is pathetic. Yeah, the No-Word Edict part should be expanded.

 

I’m moved by Xing Feng! Cha Luo… She killed my Chang An!!

I understand *LOL*. I tried to read the novel while skipping the parts, then I became confused because I couldnt follow the story *LOL - I skipped too many*

 

Well, it's a trial and I think Liu Gang also liked Chang An too. I found it amusing when Cha Luo asked her why she defended him (epi 6), and she just casually said that 'he is handsome'. LOL ..Even Cha Luo could only laugh. 

 

Hahaha..Cha Luo was annoying but fun to watch *LOL*. I blame that to the actress. She acted well..although sometimes a bit too comical. But her relationship with Xing Feng is also interesting, because she is tortured and crazy while Xing Feng is loyal, but still has a heart. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rhaps said:

Thanks!

 

I read other forums and some people expressed the same worries. Yes, now is the days when dramas have a lot of episodes, in order to have more profit (pls cmiiw). They usually end up inserting fillers or unnecessary (romance?) stories of the supporting leads , and that could ruin the enjoyment of watching the drama as a whole. I also dont wish BR sequel to be like that. Better they make a movie, if they cant come up with a good plot. Still, can I have at least 15-20 episodes of drama series? It's better than just a 2-3 hours movie 

 

I understand *LOL*. I tried to read the novel while skipping the parts, then I became confused because I couldnt follow the story *LOL - I skipped too many*

 

Well, it's a trial and I think Liu Gang also liked Chang An too. I found it amusing when Cha Luo asked her why she defended him (epi 6), and she just casually said that 'he is handsome'. LOL ..Even Cha Luo could only laugh. 

 

Hahaha..Cha Luo was annoying but fun to watch *LOL*. I blame that to the actress. She acted well..although sometimes a bit too comical. But her relationship with Xing Feng is also interesting, because she is tortured and crazy while Xing Feng is loyal, but still has a heart. 

 

 

What other forums? A virtual voyage? 36 episodes is the shortest one in this summer. Many have 60, 70, 85…… It is okay if the story is well-delivered. But most of them insert fillers or expand the minor characters and the second main leads. 15-20 is a suitable length! But C-drama tend to be at least 30… which is annoying. In this sense, BR is not like the others. Since it is expensive to have those stars, they try to extend a drama to earn more money.  

 

Me too… I skipped too much so I couldn’t understand well. But many fans say Chang An is much more charming and ‘round’ in the novel.

 

Hahaha I think she liked his loyalty, not him. But it’s hard to tell. I feel like that is not the true reason. She knows such an answer will persuade Cha Luo.

 

I wish the author depicted Cha Luo more mysterious and complicated. Yes, she can be wicked. But I hope as a character she has other aspects.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rebecca Zhang said:

What other forums? A virtual voyage? 36 episodes is the shortest one in this summer. Many have 60, 70, 85…… It is okay if the story is well-delivered. But most of them insert fillers or expand the minor characters and the second main leads. 15-20 is a suitable length! But C-drama tend to be at least 30… which is annoying. In this sense, BR is not like the others. Since it is expensive to have those stars, they try to extend a drama to earn more money.  

 

Me too… I skipped too much so I couldn’t understand well. But many fans say Chang An is much more charming and ‘round’ in the novel.

 

Hahaha I think she liked his loyalty, not him. But it’s hard to tell. I feel like that is not the true reason. She knows such an answer will persuade Cha Luo.

 

I wish the author depicted Cha Luo more mysterious and complicated. Yes, she can be wicked. But I hope as a character she has other aspects.

I think it was in Mydramalist, but it should bu buried somewhere in the older posts.

 

I'm still okay with a series of 30 episodes. But if it is more than that, then it should have a solid story. Yes, most C dramas has too many fillers. 

 

I actually wish Liu Guang had more scenes. She seemed to be an interesting character, but she didnt get too many parts here. And I like Cha Luo's background story, which is connected to Chang An's. Too bad they didnt explore that more. They have such good materials already

17 hours ago, Rebecca Zhang said:

What other forums? A virtual voyage? 36 episodes is the shortest one in this summer. Many have 60, 70, 85…… It is okay if the story is well-delivered. But most of them insert fillers or expand the minor characters and the second main leads. 15-20 is a suitable length! But C-drama tend to be at least 30… which is annoying. In this sense, BR is not like the others. Since it is expensive to have those stars, they try to extend a drama to earn more money.  

 

Me too… I skipped too much so I couldn’t understand well. But many fans say Chang An is much more charming and ‘round’ in the novel.

 

Hahaha I think she liked his loyalty, not him. But it’s hard to tell. I feel like that is not the true reason. She knows such an answer will persuade Cha Luo.

 

I wish the author depicted Cha Luo more mysterious and complicated. Yes, she can be wicked. But I hope as a character she has other aspects.

I think it was in Mydramalist, but it should bu buried somewhere in the older posts.

 

I'm still okay with a series of 30 episodes. But if it is more than that, then it should have a solid story. Yes, most C dramas has too many fillers. 

 

I actually wish Liu Guang had more scenes. She seemed to be an interesting character, but she didnt get too many parts here. And I like Cha Luo's background story, which is connected to Chang An's. Too bad they didnt explore that more. They have such good materials already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2018 at 8:54 AM, rhaps said:

I think it was in Mydramalist, but it should bu buried somewhere in the older posts.

 

I'm still okay with a series of 30 episodes. But if it is more than that, then it should have a solid story. Yes, most C dramas has too many fillers. 

 

I actually wish Liu Guang had more scenes. She seemed to be an interesting character, but she didnt get too many parts here. And I like Cha Luo's background story, which is connected to Chang An's. Too bad they didnt explore that more. They have such good materials already

I think it was in Mydramalist, but it should bu buried somewhere in the older posts.

 

I'm still okay with a series of 30 episodes. But if it is more than that, then it should have a solid story. Yes, most C dramas has too many fillers. 

 

I actually wish Liu Guang had more scenes. She seemed to be an interesting character, but she didnt get too many parts here. And I like Cha Luo's background story, which is connected to Chang An's. Too bad they didnt explore that more. They have such good materials already

 

The author wrote a stand-alone short story for Liu Guang. But I agree with you! I wish she had more stories. Like her story with Yan Liu. And in the drama, some scenes of she and her slave Shi Yi have been cut. A lot of scenes of minor characters have been cut, unfortunately…

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×