Quantcast
stargazer187

[Variety Show 2018] 집사부일체 ~ All The Butlers/Master In The House

Just done ep 18 now @themarchioness this episode overflows my heart with so much warmth feeling.

The sad face those elders when they had to leave at last makes me cried. This "right now" is really electrifying some great and meaningful moment. 

And .. lol, he's really impatient. I keep telling the same thing, I love this episode.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2018 at 8:01 PM, stargazer187 said:

I should call my watching buddies here and all the other people.. haha

@aegyoppa @themarchioness

Who else is watching this? :D come come... 

Jibsabu team always fills my weekend with fun and laughter. :lol:

I wondered wether episode 16 will have two parts or not, their vietnam episode seems unfinished yet from last week. And will they continue to meet their kext master?

Holaaaa!!! sorry for late reply hahaha u know the reason right :D

well, i haven't watch ep. 19 yet, will do tonight! 

• Like 2

@aegyoppa It's okay. I still have three eps to finish as well. It was pushed back because of the long list dramas and other shows I have. Kkkkk

I will watch it soon as well. 

@themarchioness has finished all the recent eps. 

@stargazer187Many thanks for creating the forum thread for Master in the House. Haven't been in Soompi for two months now am back due to a few dramas which I'm following :)

Thanks for the headsup and will sure contribute in this thread.

One thing I'm curious is, even though members have to make the show famous, but sometimes I feel Se Hyung is too aggressive against Sueng-Gi. Seungi-Gi is just acting cool but I'm sure he is annoyed off camera. Maybe. (Note, I havent watch last week's episode) :)

• Like 2

hello @realistic2280 welcome back and yourwelcome. I love this show so much! 

kekeke... He likes to point out his show off, but I'm sure, they all get along on camera or off camera. I like their antics. 

please do so. Ialso havent' catch up with the three recent episodes yet. It overlapped with my dramas watching. ah... perhaps, you haven't check it out. There's a new drama that I'd like to suggest you. Come and Hug me.It's melodrama but it's so good. :D

On 6/6/2018 at 10:03 AM, realistic2280 said:

One thing I'm curious is, even though members have to make the show famous, but sometimes I feel Se Hyung is too aggressive against Sueng-Gi. Seungi-Gi is just acting cool but I'm sure he is annoyed off camera. Maybe. (Note, I havent watch last week's episode) :)

Welcome!  Glad to have another person joining us in this thread.  :D  

As for the SH/SG relationship, in variety shows, members build an image for themselves that helps connect viewers to the show.  It's pretty apparent to me that these two are the leaders of the show (with SG being the primary focus).  That stems mainly from their variety experience --  SH is a gagman and SG's just a variety expert at this point - but also the fact they're the most outgoing and extroverted of the foursome.  (By contrast, the other two are more similar -- this is something they themselves have commented on in the episodes.)  

I think their similarities result in them relating in many ways but also butting heads at time (it's like having two suns in the room).  I don't think, though, that when they're butting heads they're really butting heads -- it's more for the show, for the laughs it provides, and the image they've built for the show.  As an example, SG is now known as the one who can't let his military service go and SH (and to a lesser extent the other members or guests) are not going to let him forget that.  It may seem like SH is picking on SG, but on the contrary, it's become that reliable element of any episode that viewers can look forward to seeing.

I've watched both episodes with Lee Sun Hee as their master.  She is a very quiet personality and so these past two episodes were rather low key, but what I loved about them was getting to see SG interacting with the person that basically raised him as a singer.  It was sweet seeing his memories of when he trained under her, her obvious pride in who he's become, and just how well they relate and still work together.  Loved getting to see her perform - she's an amazing singer and I didn't realize she is the singer of a song I really love, so that was a fun discovery.  I also appreciated getting to see SG perform as well, particularly that one song of his in the karaoke room.  Wow.  It's always a nice reminder that he's an amazing singer too.  (And SH surprised with his fun performance too!)  

Super looking forward to Park Ji Sung as the next Master.  The members are going to go crazy and I've seen Park Ji Sung on Running Man before - he was always an awesome/hilarious guest whenever he came onto that show.  Can't wait!

• Like 1

@themarchioness - hi back. I just saw last week's episode, was Suengi's flowery jacket Versace? haha.. Yes, Suengi is the highlight of the show, he has more airtime and camera loves him. I don't mind, i think its kinda cute and he is a star. First, we saw his grandma which he hasnt seen for a long time, then the Master whom he always credited for his singing skills... its interesting to see that Se Yung can write good lyrics while Seung-jae has shown that he has the beautiful writing skills. :)

Goonna watch About Time, and I do think that Sang Yong is too thin.. just like Lee Junki in Lawless Lawer, I think they really need to gain some weight back. :)

• Like 1

Well... where is everyone? haha..

Anyways, just wanna congratulate the show for winning the 45the KBA Awards!

Aug 27, 2018
by ilmare42

The 45th Korean Broadcasting Awards has announced its winners!

The annual award ceremony is organized by the Korean Broadcasters Association, and this year’s event will take place on September 3. On August 27, the results of the judges’ evaluation were announced for this year’s awards. 201 works on Korean network television and 88 people who appeared on television were considered, with 23 works and 22 people chosen for awards.

Some of the awards include BTS winning the Artist Award (for their appearances on programs such as MBC’s “Music Core” and KBS’s “Music Bank“) and KBS’s “Fight My Way” taking the award for Best Short or Mid-Length Drama. SBS’s “Master in the House” was given the Best Variety award.

MBC’s “Cho PD’s Beatles Radio” received the award for Music Composition, while KBS’s UHD documentary “Journey on Foot” was awarded in the Documentary category. SBS’s “Eight O’Clock News” was awarded in the News Reporting category for its coverage of the detection of radon above safe levels within Daijin mattresses. SBS’s “Unanswered Questions” won in the Current Affairs Reporting category for its examination of the Gwangju Uprising, and TBS’s “Kim Eo Jun’s News Factory” was awarded in the Current Affairs Radio category.

Choi Bool Am (of KBS’s “Korean Cuisine and Dining” and more) received the Lifetime Achievement Award, Park Na Rae (“I Live Alone” and more) was awarded as Best Comedian, and Kam Woo Sung (“Should We Kiss First” and more) won Best Actor. Park Sun Young of SBS was awarded as Best Announcer, and Lee Kyu Won of KBS won for Best Narration.

The ceremony for the 45th Korean Broadcasting Awards will be held on September 3 at 3 p.m. KST, and will be broadcast live on SBS. This year’s grand prize award winner will be announced at the ceremony.

Congratulations to all the winners!

• Like 2

The latest episode on the watermelon game was hilarious, especially Seung Jae :lol:

• Like 1

@realistic2280, I'm right here!  I took a break from Soompi, but never Master in the House. 

These past four weeks in LA have been some of my favorite episodes.  I especially loved the personality test segment which Shin Ae Ra conducted for them; it not only helped the members understand themselves better, but I felt like we gained insight into their personalities as well.  Having said that, Cha In Pyo remains a fave.  He is just too hilarious.  Haha.

• Like 1

@realistic2280 hey there, I'm right here. Been busy with real life, so only have a few times to lurk or drop some random comments here and there, :lol: I'm sorry for making the thread left unchecked for quite long. 

@themarchioness I see they used their time well for those long episodes, and I haven't got the time to watch them, sigh, for now only limited to some dramas watching, I promise to catch up soon. The last episode I left is the episode with the History Professor. :lol:

Hi both... great to see you back... yes, the LA episodes are funny.

Sad to see Sang Yoon worrying being in the variety show.  i wouldnt be surprised if he thought of quitting the show. I guess because he is serious and he doesnt know how to loosen up, as it might tweak his image. But happy to see In Pyo's daughter recognise him rather than the other three:D

Urugh, i never really finish About Time or Lawless Lawyer... sigh... the drama finished in a long time is Why Secretary Kim.. .:D

On 10/6/2018 at 9:57 PM, realistic2280 said:

Sad to see Sang Yoon worrying being in the variety show.  i wouldnt be surprised if he thought of quitting the show. I guess because he is serious and he doesnt know how to loosen up, as it might tweak his image.

It was, but at the same time, it was nice to hear LSG mention that this is something they've talked about behind the scenes and that they're encouraging SY and giving him support.  It's like this week's opening when Yang Se Hyung made specific mention of it to acknowledge his efforts and let him know it's okay.  I hope SY stays a part of the show because despite his reservations, the four of them do have great chemistry and bring something different to the table, which I enjoy.  

Wasn't as crazy about this week's episode, but the boys seem to be having lots of fun with their new master so it's prob just a matter of personal taste.

• Like 1