Prettysup

[Drama 2018] Voice 2, 보이스2

8 hours ago, titania1000 said:

An interesting mask for the killer...

Who do you think is the killer?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jongski said:

It's too soon for a theory yet. I haven't watched the episode completely, just few of the clips. 

But based on what i saw, notably what seems to be his "home" and his wall of security cameras, it's certainly someone with connections in the police force and with higher up  just like Mo Tae Gu. 

But i trust the writer to add few brilliant twists to this situation that she already used.^_^ 

They barely hide  his face, so i wonder if fixing our attention on him is not an illusion, like a "detail' who hide a bigger picture in this case a bigger evil...

All the official clips:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

And the preview for ep 2

• Like 5

Okay fine.. it's this guy below.  Perhaps we'll see the face or know.. middle part?

The Villain. The killer

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Oh wow, 2 minutes into the first episode and it's already more gruesome than the first season. I'm disturbed and this comes from a person that didn't find the first season scary or all that graphic. They actually opened up the season by showing some psycho film how his crazy minion chops off a cop's arm with a grass mower while he is still alive. What the actual FFF?! I am so disturbed. :scream: I'll rather watch the rest in the morning...

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

22 minutes ago, Lids said:

Subs!!! Has anybody licensed it?

I think it will be on a DramaFever. They sent me an email about it last night. The first episode will be on their site on Monday, August 13th.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Lids said:

Viu also has licensing rights . Subs come out on Monday 12 Aug. The other subbed sites will surely pick it up then 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I think it will be on a DramaFever. They sent me an email about it last night. The first episode will be on their site on Monday, August 13th.

27 minutes ago, triplem said:

Viu also has licensing rights . Subs come out on Monday 12 Aug. The other subbed sites will surely pick it up then 

Thanks. Yay

• Like 1

everything goes smoothly until the psycho guy about to cut the detective's ear. and I legit skip it lmao.

oh gosh im already 25 yet still cant handle the violent scene damn lol :sweat_smile:

Related image

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

17 hours ago, jongski said:

I believe the killer is Kwon-yul since I've been watched him in SBS drama Whisper, so i legit knows his face looks like, hes quite hot tbvh haha lol :smirk:

PAvWR1a.jpg

Spoiler

Related image

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Ep 1 of Voice 2 is everything and more than what I expected from a season 2 premier. Although I miss Jang Hyuk I am excited to watch Lee Jin Wook take on the lead role in this story. 

That chase sequence was executed very well!

22 minutes ago, AlexandraReid said:

I believe the killer is Kwon-yul

My bets are him too!

• Like 5

some of knets think that there has a final boss? lol that seems impossible to happen since the drama only have 12 eps

=======

[Voice 2] PILOT Ep 1 Is the main criminal Kwon Yul?

Spoiler

voice.png

Article: Naver 'Voice 2' Lee Jin Wook to Lee Hae Young "That guy from 3 years ago has come back"

• The main criminal this time is a psychopath who likes cutting off body parts of the people he kill as a trophy. 

1. [+89,-1]
I seriously can't hear their voices properly... 

2. [+48,-1]
Seems like Kwon Yul is not the final boss. Just like Nam Sang Tae who is a fake, the final boss should be appearing only in the 
later half of the show. 

3. [+31,-3]
This looks 
more cruel than episode 1. 

4. [+27,-0]
It's Voice, but I can't hear their voices properly. 

5. [+11,-2]
Really, Jang Hyuk did everything in Voice. 

6. [+10,-2]
It's Kwon Yul... the criminal wearing a hat. 

7. [+8,-1]
The lines were not delivered well. Modify the sound. 

8. [+6,-0]
So I wasn't the only one who thought it was Kwon Yul

Spoiler

2.png

Article: Naver 'Voice 2' The secret Lee Jin Wook is hiding will be revealed in episode 2 

1. [+236,-6]
It's worth watching. 

2. [+203,-31]
I hope Lee Jin Wook leaves a deep impression this time, like Jang Hyuk. 

3. [+160,-13]
I really like Lee Ha Na's gentle and calming voice. 

4. [+38,-4]
I miss Life on Mars. 

5. [+34,-7]
I'm looking forward. It's so fun to watch. 

6. [+19,-4]
The last season was so much better. Kim Jae Wook was 
jjang acting as Mo Tae Gu. 

cr

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AlexandraReid said:

I believe the killer is Kwon-yul since I've been watched him in SBS drama Whisper, so i legit knows his face looks like, hes quite hot tbvh haha lol :smirk:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Related image

Same mole 

DkZF-bpWwAAFyWl.jpg

Edited by ravairie
  • Like 1

More Knetz comments on the first episode

1. Watching this because of Kang Kwon-joo, really looking forward to today. Voice1 was very fun, Voice 2 did not disappoint (+645 -37)

2. After Life on Mars, watching this only (+451 -86)

3. Really it's because of Kang Kwon-joo that we get Voice 2, thank you... (+235 -16)

4. Is the criminal Kwon Yul? (+169 -8)

5. Nobody else can substitute Kang Kwon-joo, it's a strong character (+159 -717)

6. Seems that the production team realised the advantage of excitement, it has become more cruel, keep cutting the body parts. This has to be a above 18 rating (+77 -2)

7.  Although all actors are trustworthy, it is hard to surpass a sexy villain like Mo Tae-gu (+60 -0)

8. Although the title is Voice but it is hard to make out what the villain is saying, the voice is too low and the pitch has been changed, do rang do rang (+50 -2)

9. Why did Jang Hyuk decline this to act in Greasy Melo, it is important for actors to choose the right project (+39 -14)

10. Both the male and female leads act well, time passes so fast while watching, will continue to watch tonight (+26 -4)

201808120811595524817_20180812081307_01_

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003060479

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Lids said:

@Lids @celebrianna   @triplem  

You can find sub here (on subscene.com) if you know how to use srt - files. There subs often are posted the same day as the ep is aired and there are different languages are possible. 

Now there are Eng and Insonesian subs for 1st ep ot Voice 2.

https://subscene.com/subtitles/voice-2-boiseu-2-2/.../182267

Subscene - Voice 2 (Boiseu 2 / 보이스 2) English subtitle

• Thanks 2

Okay, so I finally watched the first episode with subs and I'm so happy how it turned out. It was a strong beginning. So in the first season, the killer collected his victims' hair, this season the killer collects body parts. I'm scared to think what the killer of the third season will collect. Full bodies maybe? What a weird upgrade we're getting with every season. :lol: Other than that, I like how this new killer is just a gruesome psycho. After the first season, I stumbled upon fanfics about "hot Mo Tae Gu" having a love line with Kwon Joo and many people worshipped him for being so alluring. Good thing they toned it down this season. Viewers being attracted to the killer is probably the last thing the writers wanted from the first season. Guess they learned from that past experience.

I like the new Golden Time Team. The new hacker boy actually seems competent and I like how the police officers that where kind of dodgy in the first season are now on friendly terms with Kwon Joo. I was content with how they explained the absence of Jin Hyeok and Dae Shik, as well as how they cleared any suspicions about what happened with mo Tae Gu in the asylum. I also enjoyed the new character of Lee Jin Wook - Do Kang Woo. He's more cool-headed than Jin Hyeok, I think his dynamic with Kwon Joo will be very good. They seem more compatible, though I miss Jin Hyeok, he was a wild card. 

• Like 4

On 8/12/2018 at 3:27 AM, Prettysup said:

Ratings for 1st episode = 3.938 %, the highest premier episode ever for an OCN original drama.

http://m.yna.co.kr/kr/contents/?cid=AKR20180812010900005&site=1100000000

Thanks for sharing! 

It's a satisfying news though i don't think it rewards the quality of the premiere but rather reveal the level of anticipation and expectations after a season 1 which was among the best drama of 2017 and finished on a very high note.

Also, ocn is bragging because the drama was trending on social networks for hours.

But the fact that the comments were mostly comparisons with s1 should be considered with attention.

There's a lot to say and sadly lot that isn't as positive as i would like: i was underwhelmed by this 1st episode.

I keep in mind of course that the 1st episode of a kdrama is rarely enough to reveal its full potential and quality, but in this case we had  s1 to make comparisons. The drama is not starting from a blank state: only 3 characters are missing from the old cast and the PD. The rest of the cast, crew and production team is the same experienced team so why did it feel like a new but lesser drama?    

At the start of the drama, Kwon Joo's voiceover summarized what happened since the end of s1:

• She reminded us that the authorities confirmed the death of Mo Tae Gu 
  • Jin Hyuk left for the US to get a better treatment for his son. 
  • Captain Jang has taken over his job as team leader of the Golden Time Team. Though he is not as supportive of Kwon Joo as Jin Hyuk, he tries to care about her to keep the promise he made to his friend
  • Dae Sik had recovered completely from Mo Tae Gu's attack and returned to the field but not to The  Golden Time Team, probably because of the leave of Jin Hyuk (in real life, the actor is doing his military service).
  • The GTT has lost Hyun Ho, who left to study in Japan.
  • Kwon Joo is still the leader of the unit.

My first impressions: 

The drama has radically changed his visual identity: V1 had a specific atmosphere that we discussed a lot in the forum, a very dark one, which fits perfectly the gruesomeness of the murders, the bleakness of the world surrounding the characters, and the feelings of helplessness of the victims. The ancient PD used to enhance the sadness, and claustrophobic and paranoiac feelings by shooting at night, using close shots, playing on the color palette (a lot of dark sepia, grey tones), focusing on small places and relying on slow motions. All those effects intensified this mood and  I loved if for that: It gave the drama an almost personality on its own.  

The new PD, following probably the script and a higher budget,  has gone for a complete make over: everything is in the day, there's light everywhere, too much of it (filming in summer doesn't fit the drama like winter light did), the plans are larger, even showing landscape from aerial views, all kind of colors occupy the space. It fits better without a doubt the action scenes but visually, we basically went from an horror drama to a generic crime investigation thriller like CSI.

It was all action and no characterization: the new characters were barely presented to us. The new hacker could have been any random agent/officer.

Surprisingly, even the new lead is sidelined: i get that  Kang Woo is not the charismatic leader that Jin Hyuk was, nor does he have his fighting skills and mental strength but the writing and the acting didn't give either a clear  image of the cop/man he is. I wish we had a chance to see him put his profiling abilities at work but the episode didn't spent much time  showing his work and prefered to just drop the infos he gathered on us.  

It was a bad idea to show us directly his scene of torture without any of context: the scene wasn't about the victim (his friend and coworker)  like the murder of Jin Hyuk's wife was. It was about Kang Woo's relationship with the killer. I can't follow the writer here:  i can't care when i don't know the characters and when they are not given anytime to mourn the people they lost.

It felt too early to be introduced to his connection to the killer and to the power play between them: it was the main point and a fascinating one but it needed a special moment to be revealed, to keep the impact strong and mysterious. 

Thankfully Kwon Joo had  a better treatment: a nice shot (of LHN) looking all fit and fine in her running clothes,  few nods to her now friendly relationships with her team (their shared dinners), some appreciative and supporting comments about her work, and she get to spend most of the episode outside the call center doing investigative work, using efficiently her power and still connecting with the victims. But something was lost in this progress: we had no code 0 iconic moment. I used to have shivers each time she said it in V1.

It was too fast: it was like watching a train going at a very high speed: i didn't even get enough time to collect mentally the pieces between characters  and the large amount of info dropped on us that they were already following different leads and resolving them! The last 20 minutes were a long car chase, very long in fact and repetitive. 

The main killer has already lost any kind of charisma and mystery during this 1st hour: he talked too much, revealed too much of his motivations. Though he was as much a sadist as Mo Tae Gu who took pleasure by watching other suffer, he didn't deliver the same fear and thrill, mostly  because of the writing and the acting (the delivery was not convincing few times). 

However his scene with Kang Woo, when he provoked him to get him angry,  was really a new level of psychological manipulation and perversity that Mo Tae Gu never reached. He was literally feeding on his anger and getting completely aroused by the sensation/energy created by his resentment.             

The plot:  

• the end left few questions, notably the fact that the main killer target cops. The plan for killing Jang and few civilians with him was too much detailed to think that Jang was picked randomly, which was confirmed when the major crime squad from the local police station broke into the truck killer's house. They found a wall full of the GTT members pics. So obviously the serial/main killer who is manipulating his accomplice/truck killer  wants also to get rid of them but does he have a more complex motivation than his instincts for killing?
  • Our main killer loves his high tech gadgets but where does he get them? How does he earn his life to get so many CCTV camera, pcs and others electronics devices to use for his crimes? How many associates/accomplices does he have?
  • There's a conspiration vibe to all this story and as suggested during the presscon, which made me wonder if Mo tae Gu is really dead or if someone is not covering the fact he left the psychiatric hospital where he was supposed to live for the rest of his life. If killers (and maybe higher powers) are covering killers, could this scenario be possible?

Overall, a 8/10. Could have been way better. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1